TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Isnt it all such a drag this ttc lark when you are older???? Looking at the forums its difficult ttc at any age. Seems to me, i think the ttc part wont be my issue. I think it sticking will be :( I am now on CD11, pretty sure im going to ovulate soonish if not already. Its early but not unusual for me and after my m/c i dont know how crazy my cycles will be. Trying to take the relaxed approach. Just dtd and absolutely no ov stick, temping[not that i ever did] or anything else..so just waiting to see how it goes.
I will be absolutely terrified if i get my bfp this month....that i have it..and then it goes!
good luck to everyone xxx

:yipee::yipee::yipee: Congratulations Pinktrifle, that's the stuff that dreams are made of. Have fun at your appointment and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Hi all

Im 40 and DH is 39 we got married last year and have only been actively ttc our first since last month.
Im a total newbie at charting etc but i seem to be getting the hang of it. Im also using a CBFM which is really helpful.
Its great that there are so many older women on here and i look forwards to sharing ups and downs with you all.
Im also from Scotland - Edinburgh!

Hi all

Im 40 and DH is 39 we got married last year and have only been actively ttc our first since last month.
Im a total newbie at charting etc but i seem to be getting the hang of it. Im also using a CBFM which is really helpful.
Its great that there are so many older women on here and i look forwards to sharing ups and downs with you all.
Im also from Scotland - Edinburgh!

Welcome! Another Scot!!!! Seems quite a lot of us older mums are from here!!! x

Good news about the possibility of testing your egg reserve to see if you get NHS IVF - bad news for me is they won't make a decision until 2012, by which time I will be 45!

Can I join....I'm married to a Scot, and we live in Wales, so it's still all very celtic!

I'm Lyndsay, 41 next month with a 3 yr old daughter, been TTC number 2 for about 2.5 years now, with 2 mc's (investigated nothing major - couple of borderline clotting results - so now on aspirin, and FSH shows my eggs are, well 40 yrs old!), 5 rounds of Clomid and a 3 month tango with vulval cancer, including 2 major ops that put TTC on a back burner for a wee while. Phew.....it's been a busy couple of years!

So, very pleased to see a forum dedicated to us olders ladies. We are currently teetering between TTC and NTNP.....the heart lying in TTC and the head knowing that I really should give it a bit longer for me to recover from my last op, but time is ticking fast!

I'd originally planned to have my family complete by the time I was 40......hmmm, the best laid plans of mice and men, huh?

Hiya Lyndsay! I'm a follower of your journal so I know about your tough journey so far. You are one strong lady!!! <<big hugs>>

You so deserve a BFP real soon....as do all us more mature ladies!

Course you can join Lyndsay!!!...It sounds like you have had a hard time of it. 2 m/c and cancer and ops... I have to hand it too you - you totally deserve your bfp!!!!!. x
As for me, CD13 and counting. Definetly ovulating ..pinching cramping heavy dragging feeling in womb, and ewcm. Strange too as i ovulated at cd16 last time. Maybe my cycle is a bit messed this time round after my m/c..who knows!! I just hope that AF is not late and gives me some kind of false hope!
How is everyone else doing? Anyone about to test???????

hey!
I am day 11- or maybe 12 not quite sure as af was a bit reluctant to make appearance this month used pre seed last night and taking maca as well as asprin this month-on top of all the usual vits etc so determined to get bfp this month!! b'd every other night til ov then three in a row- think this is enough or should i go for every night?
good luck everyone for this month xx

Hi all
Hope you dont mind me sharing this with you.
I am 41 and have last week suffered my 3rd miscarriage in last 3 years. I do not have any children and feel as if I have left things too late...we were due to start ivf treatment when found out I was pregnant..they were scanning me regularly due to last mmc and had put me on progesterone pessaries to see if these would help. Although they have done lots of blood tests already everything normal...they are testing me and OH tom for chromosones and awaiting results from tissues sent to lab from D&C. They say uterus etc looks normal so seem to think it is an issue with baby. Can't bear the thought of going through this again but I know I can't give up on my dream. ....last year was really bad...had sleep problems and hair loss and was finally in a better place from Feb/march this year...... I am wondering if ivf will make any difference to the outcome?...feel so alone as none of my family and friends seem to understand what I am going through...I know I have to be strong and carry on to achieve my dream but I am hoping it is not just false hope....

Hi all
Hope you dont mind me sharing this with you.
I am 41 and have last week suffered my 3rd miscarriage in last 3 years. I do not have any children and feel as if I have left things too late...we were due to start ivf treatment when found out I was pregnant..they were scanning me regularly due to last mmc and had put me on progesterone pessaries to see if these would help. Although they have done lots of blood tests already everything normal...they are testing me and OH tom for chromosones and awaiting results from tissues sent to lab from D&C. They say uterus etc looks normal so seem to think it is an issue with baby. Can't bear the thought of going through this again but I know I can't give up on my dream. ....last year was really bad...had sleep problems and hair loss and was finally in a better place from Feb/march this year...... I am wondering if ivf will make any difference to the outcome?...feel so alone as none of my family and friends seem to understand what I am going through...I know I have to be strong and carry on to achieve my dream but I am hoping it is not just false hope....

Hi, You know, there are plenty of people who go on to have a baby at this age. It must be very hard having had 3 m/c. I only had my first one ever and it was a very early one so maybe it was easier for me to deal with but such a huge dissapointment. Sounds like you dont have much difficulty getting pregnant, its the keeping it thats the hardest part. Thats what i think is now getting to me. I feel i have a bit of a cheek maybe thinking that since i have only had the one loss but it does prey on your mind. Please feel free to post on this thread. It can be very hard to talk to family and friends. Its good that they are investigating things for you. sounds like you have been very stressed over it. I was just wondering as im typing this...do you take baby aspirin? Seemingly they say that can be good preventing m/c but i dont know much about it, only heard people taking it on here. Dont loose hope. We are here if you need a chat or to vent lol!!! xxxx

Just looked it up, and sometimes recurrant m/c can be a blood problem - a problem with the mother to do with clotting. Not sure if that helps you or you know this already. xxx Its worth a try. x

hi ladies,af due today but so far she is a no show.im feeling dizzy and sick but im trying not to think it has anything to do with a :baby:that way if she shows i wont be to disopointed.:nope:im feeling so tired also,have mild cramps too.keep going the loo to check,but so far,so gd.ill get a test on thurs if all is still ok.

You are being such a good girl anise!!!! I would be soooooooooooooooo tempeted to go and get a test...but i think you are doing the right thing. I am really hoping its your month. [ And even if its not..i will still be here to commiserate with you and to chat to lol... but i have a good feeling this might be it for you x]

mmm3 - I am so sorry for you loss - I would say first I am no expert, but if you have been pregnant 3 times in 3 years then you seem to be OK at getting pregnant, it's the keeping it that's the problem. In which case, I don't think IVF will help (a quote I read on Amazon stuck with me on this - IVF doesn't prevent miscarriage, it just makes it more expensive).

Glad to see that you are having all the tests and stuff to see what's going on, and it could simply be bad luck, but if there is something, hopefully they will find it soon x

There is a good MC support thread on here as well, which is how I found my way onto this site in the first place.

Babyanise - how restrained of you! I would be testing by now! Good luck.

Good news about the possibility of testing your egg reserve to see if you get NHS IVF - bad news for me is they won't make a decision until 2012, by which time I will be 45!

That was my very thought this morning as well when i read that lol.

Hello all

Im 43 and my OH is 37 and we have been trying for 11 months now for our first. I cant believe its been that long now...it kinda feels like its gone quick but by the same token i feel as if ive been doin this forever lol.

Ive had all the tests with my fertility clinic and everything has come back ok. There was a bit of a cock up with my OH SA so hes having to redo it.
I dont really know where we will go from here cos i dont qualify for IVF on the NHS cos im too old.

I feel as though im being penalised for finding love later on in life..not fair really :-(

mmm3
so sorry for your losses my one was hard enough so i can only imagine- i am also 41 and was about to have ivf when i fell pg naturally so i can understand your dilema- i am trying to get pg naturally with a view to ivf in sept but is also in my mind about the m/c. however i have only managed to get pg once in two years but i know what it feels like to be at the mercy of time. hopefully you can pin point something to help get a sticky bean xx

I'm back. It is so nice to meet all of ya'll, and read your stories. I am still in a holding pattern. No af, no af symptoms. Still fatique, nausea, and other stuff. BFN last Tues. When I got off work. That was cd 35 and I have been 28 days right on time my whole life. FBBABY I just don't have the heart to test again. So I will be playing the waiting game. DH and his mom think it's early menopause....maybe so. Just odd to me that I was prg 2 yrs ago then all of a sudden a missed cycle!! Now I am trying to see what other things may be the reason. ( ovarian cysts, cancer, lung disease!!! it just goes on and on) I had a neg test for thyroid last year. One odd thing for a few days now (tmi sry) I feel like alot of cm think it is af run to the br and nothing. I am just grateful I have you ladies to chat with. Might keep me from pulling out all my hair lol. Have a beautiful day ladies.

OOo forgot to mention, i also have an underactive thyroid and have done for many years. I had to have my dose increased a couple of months back as my levels came back lower. What i found though was that my prolactin levels were raised which can be dentrimental to conceiving and a raised prolactin level can be associated with a lower thyroid level. Once my dose was changed my prolactin came back down to normal.

Also i believe yeh that tests for underactive thyroids dont always show up..it was my consultant who told me that when i first got diagnosed

That was my very thought this morning as well when i read that lol.

Hello all

Im 43 and my OH is 37 and we have been trying for 11 months now for our first. I cant believe its been that long now...it kinda feels like its gone quick but by the same token i feel as if ive been doin this forever lol.

Ive had all the tests with my fertility clinic and everything has come back ok. There was a bit of a cock up with my OH SA so hes having to redo it.
I dont really know where we will go from here cos i dont qualify for IVF on the NHS cos im too old.

I feel as though im being penalised for finding love later on in life..not fair really :-(

Its so unfair for you. It does seem like they are penalising you. Tbh, i wont be going down that route as , its different for me in the sense i already have a large family and having another baby is something that i would like but have come to realise that if it doesnt happen for me, i can live with it. I really do not know what i would do if i was in your position Serendipity. I think i would be gutted and feel absolutely deep despair at not even having that option. Have you discusssed all the options with the doctor treatment wise? I was desperate to have another baby before i fell pregnant with my dd and its very hard when you have that strong maternal instinct that you need to fulfill. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->