TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

well pish tosh to him The hope the new doctor will be wonderful

Hi,
Thought I'd join this thread. I'm 42 and TTC #3. DD1 is 21 and DD2 is 12 months. We're only just about to start TTC. We had no problems with DD2 with me at 41 (OH is 34)so I'm really hoping it will be the same this time around so fingers crossed :)

Hi,
Thought I'd join this thread. I'm 42 and TTC #3. DD1 is 21 and DD2 is 12 months. We're only just about to start TTC. We had no problems with DD2 with me at 41 (OH is 34)so I'm really hoping it will be the same this time around so fingers crossed :)

Missy, fingers crossed for you then. That gives me some hope as im 42.

Sadly though, was hoping i might have been immune to the scurge of miscarriage in you 40's but had a loss just a few weeks back. Im not that sad about it tbh - to me it was never a baby, just some cells that never attatched, [hope thats not too harsh to anyone else but its the way i feel] i think the fact that i had a m/c upsets me more as its something i have never ever had in all my years of ttc. I have 3 older sons 23[twins] 21 son, and was 39 when i had my dd - caught on so quick after 18yrs on the pill - first month. Then caught on 2nd month with my ds at 39 and again no issues. I just now worry i am on the m/c journey of one after another. Finding it hard atm to be positive. I have no doubt i can fall pregnant, i just worry now about keeping pregnant.

Goodluck x

Anway, CD18 today. Had really strong cramps yesterday. Not sure if they are ov or if by chance i ovulated early [cd11 ] and maybe implantation! Heres hoping. x

Hi, I just needed to vent my frustration. I am 40 and oh is also 40 and we are ttc our first. Went to dr today as have been ttc for the last 9 months with no luck and I just want to be checked out to see if all is ok. All my dr would talk about was relationship situation as my oh works away alot and am currently in rented accommodation. He would not discuss anything relating to why I may not be getting pregnant. Told me once again to come back in 6 months. I dont feel I have time to keep coming back and coming back. What business is it of his to decide that my situation is not condusive to having a baby. Feel so let down and alone. He has made me feel like as I dont have the ideal own home partner who comes home each night and loads of money in the bank I dont deserve or have a right to be a mum. All I wanted was a test/examination to see if there is a problem.

Doogie, this doctor is no good for you and I'm glad to see in a later post that you are going to see a different one. You are entitled to have all your hormones checked via really simple blood tests. It makes me really mad when I hear about doctors like this. Being pregnant over 40 is not so unusual these days and we have certainly paid our dues to the NHS - so, although they can't do huge amounts for us - they can at least do the basics and give us something to work on. Good luck with the next appointment, I hope you get the help and support you need. :hugs:

:hi: everyone. Good to see new faces :happydance:

Im in the dreaded 2ww here, I feel some twinges, and weird things going on :shrug:.

Please, Please, Please....with cherry on top. Let this be my month :cake:

:hi: everyone. Good to see new faces :happydance:

Im in the dreaded 2ww here, I feel some twinges, and weird things going on :shrug:.

Please, Please, Please....with cherry on top. Let this be my month :cake:

Good luck Baby!!!!!! Fingers x its your month. I am on the 2ww...dont feel that positive today. Think i might be gearing up for an early AF :(

Good luck Articbaby and Mumoffive got it all crossed for you :dust::dust::dust:
I'm in the run up to O CD7 today and I normally O around CD10/11 so here we go again, let the shagathon commence :rofl: :hugs:

Well, I'm another one approaching testing / AF time. Thinking of testing tomorrow. Not holding out massive hope as we've really been NTNP this month and to be honest I'm not 100% sure when I ovulated.

But, because I've been ill, its our first month for a few where I've even been in with a chance (we had to suspend TTC through my treatment) so I feel quite excited about it, and even more so about actually trying again next month. Despite 2 losses and having been LTTTC for 2.5 years, it's almost like a fresh start for me.:happydance: xx

hey Ladies, hope its ok to join you all ....My name is Patty I am married to my wonderful husband Timothy we have been married this coming up december 21st will be our 19th wedding anniversary we have 4 beautiful children Jacob~14, Darrien ~13, Patrick ~7 and Emma~6

Best of luck for BFP to all. I keep fingers crossed every month. Maybe this month will be lucky and I will not have to see Dr. But If i do need Dr will ensure I see one that is living on the same planet as me and not living in Edwardian England.

Good luck to all who are ttc.

Well, I'm another one approaching testing / AF time. Thinking of testing tomorrow. Not holding out massive hope as we've really been NTNP this month and to be honest I'm not 100% sure when I ovulated.

But, because I've been ill, its our first month for a few where I've even been in with a chance (we had to suspend TTC through my treatment) so I feel quite excited about it, and even more so about actually trying again next month. Despite 2 losses and having been LTTTC for 2.5 years, it's almost like a fresh start for me.:happydance: xx

Good luck to you Lyns, maybe you will be proof that the not trying so hard method works, I do hope so. :dust::dust::dust:

well i dont know if we are actually prfegnant this month or not but i had the other night around 5-6 orgasms the intensity of the urge to just orgasm one after the other was incredible and now my clitoris is so sensitive im frightened of being in the car !!!!, does anyone know if this is a good sign or not as i have never n my life experienced any like that, i normally only get one per session but believe me when i say i hope all you girls get this is INCREDIBLE and sorry for the explicit nature of this post but i had to tell someone but still havent found out if its a good sign tho google not got anything about it :shrug:

Its sounds great and do think that the hormones around you in pregnancy can make you feel more like it. I also know that having an orgasm can increase your chances of pregnancy...so if your not, make sure you can try and save some for later lol!! As for me, Well CD20!!! Only 8 days until AF!

well i dont know if we are actually prfegnant this month or not but i had the other night around 5-6 orgasms the intensity of the urge to just orgasm one after the other was incredible and now my clitoris is so sensitive im frightened of being in the car !!!!, does anyone know if this is a good sign or not as i have never n my life experienced any like that, i normally only get one per session but believe me when i say i hope all you girls get this is INCREDIBLE and sorry for the explicit nature of this post but i had to tell someone but still havent found out if its a good sign tho google not got anything about it :shrug:

If that is unusual for you then it could be a good sign - the increased blood flow can make you more "sensitive" down there.

oh we are hoping so as it has happened again - absolutely knackering tho but so good am loving it !!!

Grrrr......BFN for me this morning. Could be too early, but probably not, as I'm at least 8dpo and I've had all my other BFP's at 7dpo.

Probably just as well though, as my Lymphoedema Nurse today advised me to wait another month or so. :dohh:

Grrrr......BFN for me this morning. Could be too early, but probably not, as I'm at least 8dpo and I've had all my other BFP's at 7dpo.

Probably just as well though, as my Lymphoedema Nurse today advised me to wait another month or so. :dohh:

aww Lyn, was wondering how you got on and if you tested. Dont give up hope though...its still really early. Implantation is anything between 7-10 days so it may be way too early. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->