TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Have any of you lovelies tried donor egg IVF? My husband and I are doing DE this round. Im praying this is will bring my husband his first and our first child together.
Prayer and blessings,
Angie

Spoomie - lovely to hear all about your accent back to the real world! :thumbup: Very heartening. Such a hard journey. I think turning my back on ttc feels like it's close now - just the other side of a door right next to me now. I just can't quite put my hand on that handle and step through. A year ago, i couldn't even see the door! Does that make sense? :haha: Well done with your running - it's an inspiration.

PDMCD - sorry to hear about your BFN :hugs: Doctors will casually say that it's common for a woman to miss a period occasionally - no biggie. However when you're ttc'ing it is a big deal! It's feels like 2 precious cycles are sort of mucked up and puts you through the mill emotionally. Here's hoping AF shows up for you soon so you can get on with your March try. You're so brave preparing for DH go for his v :hugs:

Pippi - wow it's all coming together now. Keep us posted. Everything crossed for you here :happydance:

Maxi - what an emotional roller coaster :hugs: Cant advise as i chickened out of going down the intervention route, as i have talked about here before. DH and i wouldn't have survived it i don't think. Take care of each other :hugs::hugs:

Butterfly, Maddy + Nevertoolate and everyone - :wave:

AFM - bit all over the place this time. No definate temp rise yet. I keep getting sharp ov pains, but it's switched sides! Had a bit of boob pain. Not bothering with OPKs. Trying to DTD more or less at the right time. I just hate hate hate having to do it on schedule. DH is barely aware of my cycle - he has put ttc in the lap of the gods now. It's his way of coping. It's ok but i means i cant really talk about ovulation and the need to do it NOW! lol

Love to all xx

Have any of you lovelies tried donor egg IVF? My husband and I are doing DE this round. Im praying this is will bring my husband his first and our first child together.
Prayer and blessings,
Angie

Never...wishing you every success. It's a route we have definately considered but we are going to try with my own eggs until I hit 42yo and then....maybe DE. It's just so hard to access in Australia so we would have to go overseas....and to be honest I'm not sure I'm that committed to the cause... Looking forward to hearing your updates.

Prayer and blessings,
Angie

Never...wishing you every success. It's a route we have definately considered but we are going to try with my own eggs until I hit 42yo and then....maybe DE. It's just so hard to access in Australia so we would have to go overseas....and to be honest I'm not sure I'm that committed to the cause... Looking forward to hearing your updates.

I completely understand! Best wishes.

Hey pd and misty. I recall you two are but a couple of paces behind me on this journey (no pun intended!!!) and I hoped that sharing where my life is at today would not sound like me blowing my trumpet about my exploits (heaven knows I'd rather be much much slower and chasing after my 18 month old LO) or to cause others to lose heart that i have given up rhe dream (trust me, I was maniacal in my OCD zeal) but rather to demonstrate that life on the other side is not all terrible. Of course I wish that things had turned out differently but I have been forced to find my happy ending elsewhere and just wanted to show that that's not necessarily as bad as we imagine while we are so weighed down with the exhausting business of ttc. I still pray for a different happy ending for the two of you. Take courage dear friends xx

Misty, your door analogy makes perfect sense. Just feel proud of yourself that you, like I, started the journey on a different continent, let alone the other side of the room xxx

Spoomie big hugs
Loved the pace comment made me laugh

Off to see the inlaws for the weekend in the snow belt theau have double the snow we have. im hoping for a quiet weekend wher mil doesn't constantly discuss the pregnant dil ( the one I dislike)

I talked to dh about my fears but I'm still anxious about it), he said he'd be supportive just hoping he is.

Have a good weekend everyone

Oooh i hope you have a good weekend PDMCD. I hope 'the bump' isn't the main topic of conversation. At least your DH is aware :hugs:

May i be cheeky and invite everyone to chart stalk me if you have a minute, and have a stab at saying what CD i ov'd? (no prizes to give out i'm afraid :haha:)

The boob pain and the ov pain recordings are accurate. I've recorded watery CM on day 14 and eggwhite CM on day 16 which is true, but there may have been EWCM on the other days around then too. (I'm not good at coming to a conclusion about CM :wacko:) I was getting ready to say i was anovulatory this cycle - but today my temp has lifted.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Hmm I would say anywhere from cd15 to 17 (good job there are no prizes!). I was watching a crime program yesterday and they said they found semen in the victim but then on further investigation they found it to be CM. anyway, point is it seems that they are easily mistaken so if you BD'd the night before, well... :wacko:

Gosh Butterfly I reckon that show must have had a female scriptwriter that was actively TTC, don't you think?

Mistyy I reckon CD15/16 is looking good. But he, what do I know, I can't seem to catch my own egg, much less someone else's!

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Pippi, Maddy and Max, good luck. Your amh sounds great Pippi, mine was less than 1.24!!! And that was last february.

Im waiting for the blood test results from the hospital. Appointment getting closer now, 12th March has been a ling time coming. Think my af is finally on its way after 41 days. The mc obviously mucked up my hormones again. Both mc its taken nearly 2 months of waiting for a proper cycle to start. Really sad about it.

Contemplating donor eggs but my hubby is worried about cost. Need to know these blood test results in case first though. I think my thyroid goes off when I get pregnant so hoping something shows up for that.

Really scared, not sure I will be able to give up on this. I cant go on childless but not sure how much my dh can take.

Misty i think 15/16- I hope you caught it

In laws were good, they were excited about the collage I made them of the family and us at the wedding. One pic is a calligraphy that says family is the greatest gift of life then our family name.

Dmil said when reading our thank you card she was hoping for am announcement were expecting that was sweet and a tad hard.

I spotted a tiny bit yesterday none yet today, but boobs don't hurt so its now just a waiting game. Now to see what my cycles do, how and when they regulate themselves.

Sil is due end of apr. they skyped last night and bil is getting worried as he's unemployed and no job yet and sil is only part time so in a few months they will both be off. Glad that's not me.

I'm back on the bandwagon with my eating and exercising/ running, I'm hoping to find peace with myself and be ok while entering the end phase of this journey

I do pray for miracles forums all

hi all

sorry been missing in action a bit..being reading but not posting as my rsi has flared up a bit so giving my hand a rest in the evenings after work.

misty id say ovulation day is cd16 or 17. you ofton mark ewcm the day before ovulation on other months.
looks like you covered all bases with your bd pattern anyway.
we re going to try aim for every 2-3 days this week and see how it goes..as ovulation next weekend.

thanks barnbar for the well wishes. yea pleased about my amh. clinic give stats for 40-42 yr olds with my amh which they say is a preg rate of 23%. but I'm 43 in 4 months so barely fall into the 40-42 category...and have to remember the high rate of mc.
need to be realistic although dh is getting optimistic. need to remind him of the 77% failure as don't want to be totally devasted if this fails.

the consulatnat mentioned DE to us too, if this does nt work...but its a big step to take. need a lot of thinking to get my head around not using oe...but i guess its good to think about it at least.
hope u get some answers on the 12th.

hope pdmc that af arrives soon if you are not getting bfp. that was sweet of ur mil, although i know sad that you have no announcement.

hi sppomie, glad to hear that life after ttc is treating you well...theres hope for us all.

Firstly thank you to everyone who had a go at my chart :friends: It's really nice to be able to do that here.

Butterfly - i lol'd at your crime scene reference. But you're right, it can be a bit tricky telling between the two.

Barni - i feel for you. It's not all so simple as 'shall we? can we afford it? yes!' is it? It's all about holding your relationship together as well :hugs::hugs::hugs:

PDMCD - the collage sounds lovely! How sweet. I can imagine the questions about announcements were bitter sweet. Hope AF gets her skates on for you x

Pippi -you're good! I never noticed it's usually the day before ov that i have EWM! :wacko::wacko: What a great charter i am! :haha: Hope your rsi improves soon. I used to get a bit of that when i did a fiddley job part time for a while. It's nasty.

AFM - well - what's going on with my temps now chart stalkers?!?!?! There's something odd about this cycle i recon. Odd in a ''maybe i havn't ov'd properly'' way :coffee:

Love to all and :hugs: to all :dust: :dust:

Ladies,
May you all have a great week. I've got my hsg appointment for tomorrow to see if tubes are blocked. Next we just found out our house is almost paid off so our family is going to start looking for another house that is closer town an no steep driveway go up an have a car garage to drive in when cold an bad. Plus want a full finished basement to be able to enjoy doing things inside if really hot in the summer. We're also going to look at bigger vehicle too. I know this sounds like a lot but since we found out the house is almost paid off we;re going to start our search for a bigger one with level ground.

DH said we'll put this house up for sale soon an have xtra money to pay down on another one.. I can't wait too see what happens tomorrow with my test an car shopping an house.

May you all have a great week an stay warm as here suppose to have a snowstorm coming soon.. but for now I'm so excited knowing this home is almost paid off an DH agree with me what all said. I just can't sit still..

Ok enough about us.. I'll hush for now an will give update when found out about test results..Oh one more thing. Maybe able to save up for IVF later also. oh my :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

[AFM - well - what's going on with my temps now chart stalkers?!?!?! There's something odd about this cycle i recon. Odd in a ''maybe i havn't ov'd properly'' way :coffee:[/QUOTE]

Hi Mistty,

I've had a quick look at your chart and its certainly different from your others. I would say tomorrow's temp might be quite telling, if it pops back up tomorrow the big dip could be a massive pre-ov dip (maybe). I don't think its an implantation dip so soon if you think it was cd15/16 for ov but tomorrow's temp might give some more clues....

Bigger - that sounds all good :thumbup:

Barnie - thanks lovely! I've put an overlay on my FF page now with this month's cycle on there as if i ov'd on day 15, which is average for me. Looking at it like that in comparison to other cycles temps i could have ov'd on day 13 even?? which is around when my boobs started hurting and just before i was sure of watery CM.

sigh. :coffee:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->