TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Sorry was meant to quote what D~ had said but done it wrong, opps, dont know how to correct it! Please forgive me.

Thanks for clarifying, I wondered what was up with that. :wacko: No worries, let's just blame it on the hormones.:winkwink:

Glad to see there are so many new faces on this thread. I pop on from time to time. Wishing everyone all the best. I concieved naturally and im 43 now. Goodluck and dont give up hope. x

Glad to see there are so many new faces on this thread. I pop on from time to time. Wishing everyone all the best. I concieved naturally and im 43 now. Goodluck and dont give up hope. x

Thanks you give me hope!:hugs: I am due to ovulate on the 8th and I am so hoping we get the BFP this cycle. Trying to remain calm so my nerves do not mess up the ovulation date.

D~

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy and properous New Year! May we all get what we wish for :)

https://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn304/omi70/Happy_New_Year_2011_wwwhqimagecom_9999846.jpg

Love to all!

:hug: Omi xxx

D, we're cycle buddies, I ov on the 8th, and we are doing home insem on the 6th and 7th, good luck xx

hey
day 3 fsh level 7.2-result!! all other hormones came back normal some small consulation but why am i not pg than???????????//

Hello

I was 40 yesterday so technically I can now join your group! I've read back over the last 20 pages or so of posts so feel like I already know some of you.

My first pregnancy with my ex-husband ended in miscarriage at 8w3d in November 1995. My second pregnancy went well and after the birth of my son in December 1996 I had a regular coil fitted, followed 7 years later with a Mirena.

My OH and I have been together since 2003. He doesn't have children of his own and many years ago reconciled himself to the fact that he never would. (His former partner had two children and had been sterilised before they got together.)

We agreed that I should spend time concentrating on my career which is what I have been doing for the last 6 years. Once I passed my final exam in October we decided to take a relaxed approach to trying - if it happened it happened.

I've not had 'proper' periods for years (due to the coil) and my 'cycle' is all over the place. My LMP was 14 October, and I got the coil removed on 18 October. AF never came because I fell pregnant straight away (we only BD-d) twice that month! Unfortunately I contracted swine flu just before Christmas and started to miscarry on Boxing Day.

OH and I have agreed we would like to try again. I'm still bleeding and as I have no idea of what my cycle is we are going to NTNP for a month or two and see what happens. We're off on a big holiday in a fortnight so hopefully we can find our groove!!

I'm taking heart that in all three pregnancies I've fallen within a cycle or two of trying. This last pregnancy had been going really well with really strong pregnancy symptoms, just like my second did, until I got swine flu. I feel confident that I will be able to carry another child but worry that age is not on my side. My mother had a hysterectomy at 37 so I have no idea when she would have had the menopause.

I'm taking Vitamin C and Zinc, along with Folic Acid. I'd already cut down on caffeine during my pregnancy and will probably keep it that way. I'm a couple of stone overweight so that's something I can work on - after my holiday!

Looking forward to seeing some more :bfp:s on here soon.

Pip x

hey
day 3 fsh level 7.2-result!! all other hormones came back normal some small consulation but why am i not pg than???????????//

Awe, Glitter that's great news. Wish I could answer your question properly but I'd say it's just down to a matter of time and every cycle is getting you one step closer. Sorry I haven't been around on this thread for a while, I've kind of been keeping myself to myself in my journal - The :witch: spent Christmas with me - arrived just before midnight on Christmas eve but I was determined not to let her get me down - Gearing up for a new year O now and looking forward to 2011 ringing in a few changes in fortune.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL I hope it brings happiness, laughter and lots of bfp's for the 40's gals.

hey

Awe, Glitter that's great news. Wish I could answer your question properly but I'd say it's just down to a matter of time and every cycle is getting you one step closer. Sorry I haven't been around on this thread for a while, I've kind of been keeping myself to myself in my journal - The :witch: spent Christmas with me - arrived just before midnight on Christmas eve but I was determined not to let her get me down - Gearing up for a new year O now and looking forward to 2011 ringing in a few changes in fortune.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL I hope it brings happiness, laughter and lots of bfp's for the 40's gals.

hey babe great to hear from you- haven't been on much myself lately getting very dishartened and just found out my sis is pg, wasn't even properly trying pleased for her but spent all last night crying. supposed to be :sex: these next few days and really cannot be bothered soooooooooooo not in the mood. hope we both get into ist tri together xxx

Glitterqueen - Nor is my OH - he's lying on the sofa like a beached whale moaning about his hangover! Oh, well - the opk is not positive so maybe I'll give him the day off :rofl:

I thought I would share this little gem with you all - I just found a yummy way of increasing our fertility. 2011 is definitely looking up already. :hugs:

www.keepthedoctoraway.co.uk/showNews.aspx?loadid=00227

Hi ladies, just thought I'd pop in to tell you that John Travolta's wife, Kelly Preston, has given birth aged 48!!

Glitterqueen - Nor is my OH - he's lying on the sofa like a beached whale moaning about his hangover! Oh, well - the opk is not positive so maybe I'll give him the day off :rofl:

I thought I would share this little gem with you all - I just found a yummy way of increasing our fertility. 2011 is definitely looking up already. :hugs:

www.keepthedoctoraway.co.uk/showNews.aspx?loadid=00227

SWEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!

I just finished a bowl of ice cream and read this! I must have instinctively knew this! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crossing fingers for BFPs for you all within the next 30 days!

Yep, I posted about switching to full-fat dairy on the TTC forum. It really helps boost female fertility. Skim or semi-skim products have too many male hormones, they are out of balance and can affect ovulation. I switched about 6 weeks ago, fingers crossed. I love EPO! It worked a treat for me last cycle, loads of EWCM for the first time in 10 years! Fingers crossed for all you 40 something girls. x

I had also read that a lot of clinics recommend drinking milk during treatment as it makes good eggs= i am starting now then as i am ivf ing again in March. also my sister aged 37 has just fallen pg and she drinks loads of strong coffee every day , is quite overweight , has loads of stress at the minute and is pretty unhealthy-go figure!!

got positive ov test on sat cd 12 have b'd cd 9, cd 12 and cd 14 and hopefully cd 16 so hopefully have covered ov, what do you think?

Awe, Glitter - I'm sorry about your sisters news, that must hurt. I think you've done good re covering ovulation would be lovely if you got your bfp before ivf starts. Fingers crossed again huh! :hugs:

thanks Nise, so good to have u back on here missed you!! I am try9ng to be hqppy for my sis but I did come home and cry myself silly for a few hours oh didnt know what to do with me. I will struggle when she starts to show etc and it comming up to the time of year when I found out i was pg and then m/c in Feb so not feeling great at the minute also trying to lose weight for ivf and all i want to do is comfort eat which is not good ah well tomorrow is another day xx

Hi All
Well this is my first month of using the CBFM and I have a 'peak' today plus other signs of ov (raised cervix and CM). I'm so excited cos I didn't know I was ov'ing as my cycles have been sightly weird and I'm still breastfeeding. I feel a bit more confident that things are working as they should be now so I'll hopefully chill out and get my BFP soon. Positive thinking and all that :)
Glitter, sounds like you do have it all covered with all that bd'ing. Just think that if your sis has fallen with the added issues you mention, then no reason at all why your BFP shouldn't be just around the corner too. LOADS of babydust to you x

l

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"