TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hello All. Well I've had an eventful couple of days - managed to mangle my foot playing Kinnect Adventures (interactive X-box sport game)!!!! Was doing a bit of jumping and landed badly. Thought I had broken a small bone in the top of my foot as there was a horrible cracking sound, but I was able to move all parts. 2 days on and though it's swollen I am hobbling much better - think it's just a bad sprain. That'll teach me. But I'm bummed coz now I can't do my exercises and I was gonna be such a good girl this year. Oh well, best down another bowl of full fat ice cream :rofl:

5 dpo today. Good luck everyone. I'm hoping we'll add a few bfp's to this thread before much longer:hugs:

I posted this in the ttc forum - but thought some of you might find it interesting. It's a fertility test on line that examines your monthly cycle. I found my results to be very much in line with the findings of my acupuncturist/TCM practitioner. Interesting.

Just follow the link to see what your fertility type is. www.makingbabiesprogram.com/questionnaire/index.php#page_2

Hey Nise I am 4 dpo so cycle buddies lol- my boods are really sore but thats it
sorry to hear u hurt your foot- armchair aerobics for you from now on xx

hi girls, i turned 44 on dec 28th and my last two periods have only been two days has anyone else had this , what could be causing it as they are normally 5 days!

inkdchick
I don't really have an answer but you should get a hormone blood profile done it could be caused by changing hormone levels. I can recommend accupuncture to help them as well good luck luv x

Inkdchick, Mine are only about 2-3 days long with an occasional 4th day of very light spotting. I've never had particularly long periods, but they did used to be a little heavier.

I've also noticed this cycle that I didn't get the normal batch of spots that had started to accompany Ovulation - usually about 3 big under skin lump ones that never came up to a head. I think the hormones are on the change - hopefully for the better!

8dpo today - another 8 to go! nothing to report. How you do Glitter, my cycle buddy? :hugs:

Hey Nise
I have been feeling really sick for a few days and my boobs are tingly plus I am starving but I think it is prob just hormone swings which have been bad since the ivf but still thinking of testing.............. step away from the pee stick lol

Right that's me out - :witch: got me today, one day late! Oh, well. On to next cycle with DHEA , no smoking and general optimism!! :) Halloween baby? Yes, please :):):)

:dust: to all!! xxx

Glitter - I've got everything crossed for you my lovely.

Omi - I'm sorry, bloody ugly old hag bag. Liking your positive energy though and hoping this is your cycle.

I've got no symptoms, but then I never do! :hugs:

well apparantly they can go to 2-3 days and they said that it may be the soy isoflavones im taking that have shortened them this cycle as i started it cd2-6, and coz i had an emmc last cycle then she says there wasnt much to release and it could be a good sign for this month , yeah right !!, they have said that with all of the last 7 m/c int he past 18months but hey ho just keep going and see what happens.
Good luck to you ladies lets see those BFP pop ip for Halloween babies !!!!!

omi boo to AF good luck with the DHEA let me know how you get on with it x
inkd sounds like a reasonable reason good luck for next cycle you deserve it after all you havebeen through
Nise u goin to test before af date?

Hi Ladies,
i am looking for a little bit of support really. I am 26 and me and my husband were going to be ttc from Feb onwards.
The problem is that my husband has just turned 44 and he is worried about his age now with us TTC. I see his age as a bonus because we are financially stable with only 8 years left on our mortgage, we are happy and as healthy as most people.
He would be a stay at home dad because he was recently made redundant so created a business from home.

He thinks that i dont worry about his age and i know that he will obviously age faster than me but we have more than enough to give a child and with him being a SAHD then he would be able to spend more time with our baby than most fathers.

I guess i am just after reassurance from other people who may have the same worries or partners do. I just cant worry about how long we will be around for our children because nothing is certain. I have considered giving up my hope for a baby for him but i know he would be a wonderful father and when we have a baby then there will be a lot more to worry about than his age.

please tell your hubby he is a young man!! age is just a no look at rod stewart and charley chaplen both haveing children late in life .life is too short to worry about weather you will still be around in years to come it is the quality of time you have with your children that matters just as much as time.

many of my friends have older partners and are older themselves and have young children and find it very rewarding as they are in a position now that they are able to offer that financial security that comes with age and are more able to spend quality time with there kids and enjoy them.

please tell him that it is the most rewarding thing in life and he will not worry about it once they are here good luck to you both:hugs:

PG5K - your hubby is still very much in the prime of his life with a good few years to go yet, before he can even think about being 'old' - In my view, he will make a fantastic father with a wealth of experience to pass onto his offspring and more importantly, the time to do it. I wish you both luck and I really don't think you should worry about numbers - they are just that. Good luck to you both and I hope you get your little bundle of joy. :hugs:

You could do the little things though like cut the caffine, eat healthy wholefoods and fruit/veg plus cut the booze and cigs out.
That would all prime for best swimmers/eggs :)

omi boo to AF good luck with the DHEA let me know how you get on with it x
inkd sounds like a reasonable reason good luck for next cycle you deserve it after all you havebeen through
Nise u goin to test before af date?

Noooooo! I'm very boring and never test! AF's arrival is the one thing in this world that rarely lets me down! Would test the day after if no show. :hugs:

Nise I am pretty much the same guess its just to hard to get another neg, When I was pg my test wasnt positive until I was a week late anyway so no way it will show at this stage! good luck x

My OH is 44, I'm 41. My OH is more worried about my age! We're having difficulty conceiving and have had 2 miscarriages. There's a lot your OH can do to improve his longevity:

1. Get his bp and cholesterol checked annually.
2. Keep in healthy weight range.
3. Not smoke, and drink in moderation.
4. Take omega-3, 3g a day of top quality fish oil (improves cholesterol levels and may prevent other degenerative disorders) and a good multivitamin.
5. Eat 5 a day fruit and vegs.
6. Eat a generous handful of nuts a day (reduces chances of heart attack quite substantially).
7. Keep physically active.

A healthy lifestyle can give a man 20-30 years extra if he looks after himself, and none of us know how long we've got. As far as fertility is concerned it's far better that you are in your twenties and he is in his forties than the other way round. xxx

ok so what is going on now! Af got me today- 26 day cycle that never ever happens I am a 30 day girl. this cycle last year I fell pg but miscarried 14th Feb so I guess thats really on my mind. I suppose ivf will really be the only chance now and thats only 5%! SO I have just eaten two family bags of sweets and 12 mini spring rolls and fully intend to empty the rest of the fridge tonight- diet starts tomorrow lol not making much headway on the two stone by march weight loss.

Awe, Glitter I'm so sorry hun, I know how gutting that is. Suspect I shall be joining you on Wednesday! I am a 25 / 26 day cycle gal, so that's the norm for me but I did once get a freaky 19 day one, never did work out why and it hasn't happened since.

So is it full steam ahead with IVF now? Big hugs to you lovely :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->