TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Just a quick post. Ive been awake since silly o'clock this morning so am a bit spaced out!

Mistty your chart looks fantastic. Im getting excited for you.
Booth, thank you I will mention it. I plan on writing a list so I dont forget things
Garfie keep us posted on what they say. Im keen to hear.
Pippi, I echo Garfie in that id like to keep up with your journey

Hello to everyone else. :wave:

PDMCD - re:sore boobs, i always get them just before AF, but they're never sore through AF. The soreness goes away once she comes. I often get sore boobs around ov time. The last few months i would say my boob soreness has got less. It used to be that just before AF it used to be really painful when i took my bra off and gravity took over at bedtime. (34F here) :blush:
"A friend has it so bad she's considering bc again at 46." - what does bc mean please? (being a bit thick today, sorry)

Pippi = lol'd at the drugs in your fridge. You paint a great picture :haha: How exciting though!!!! Yes, i did my ov line in the end. FF sent a message saying ov occured between day 12 and 15. Don't know why it just couldn't have given me a bloomin line. All that technology! :wacko: Anyway i gave myself CD13 as it looks better than 14, lol. It's now saying i'm triphasic.

Garfie - wow, you're really in 'no mans land' a bit right now then! Hang in there. Lol at your DH using the OPK though. Good way to test the batch.

Butterfly - big hugs for feeling down in the dumps. When are you starting your treatment? (sorry if you've said and i'm being a numpty)

Barnie - hi lovie! nearly xposted with you. I've been up since early too. Just couldn't sleep last night.

AFM - well, i have to admit this month's chart is different to the others. All the others! And i've been charting for <embarrassing confession> 2 years next month :( It was 2 years in January just gone since my BFP)
The first year i watched them like a hawk.
The last year i've been doing it purely out of habit.
Hence the reluctance to get excited about my charts :roll: It's all a bit 'yeah yeah. AF will arrive, she always does'.

Love and :hug: to everyone today :dust: xxxxx

Barn I hate those nights when you can't sleep- I usually get up and clean

Misty triphasic!!!! Bc birth control

Mine are still ( well my nipples) sore and af has left not sure why
I'm just guessing is hormones and leaving it at that. I think it's mother natures mean joke on us

I'm hoping yours are due to something else!

Have a great day ladies I'm in a cleaning mood it's spring like here today. Got my bedroom done including the windows.

Mistyy, beware the FFF declaration of the triphasic chart, I KNOW you know what I'm talking about! She'll drop you like a hot potato with no evidence of her ever having mentioned the 'T' word if your temp drops by a tenth tomorrow :haha: :haha: Seriously, crossing it all for you but guard your heart :hugs: xx

:hi: Everyone. Gosh, I don't know where to begin - things have been crazy busy but K has settled in well and came home from school on Friday proudly showing off a huge gold star and 'Pride of Parkfield' certificate - I'm very proud of her. I finally finished decorating her room today, she thinks it's 'mint' lol.

It's been quite an adjustment for me - having to think ahead on everything I do, even down to the shopping - can't just bugger off out whenever I feel like it now. But I'm getting the hang of it and making the most of the school hours.

Social Services have been a nightmare - we still haven't received compensation for all the contact travel we had to do despite being told we would get it 2 months ago. Also she was supposed to go to panel on the 27th Feb to try and get back some of the money we outlaid for adapting our house, but it turns out she didn't go and that's been put off till 27th March. I am so skint now, I was starting to really worry, but got a call from work to say someone had dropped out and begging me to got back - I don't really have a choice it's that or not being able to pay the bills this month - I can't rely on SS - even when they agree something it still doesn't materialise. So I'm back tomorrow for 4 weeks. Social Worker visiting on Tuesday seeing us at home first and then K at school. My OH is gonna give her what for and is refusing to pull his punches. :hugs:

Misty - I always get a bit excited about your charts but this one is very different so I am gonna wish and wish and wish for you. :hugs:

Love to everybody and I'll try to be a better stalker. :hugs:

PDMCD - Oh right! Birth Control :dohh: Glad it's like spring for you there it's bloody freezing here! We had snow yesterday. Didn't settle though. Hope your nips ease soon.

Spoomie - :haha: I know, i've had triphasic about, oooh 4 times over the last 2 years and i havn't been preg then either! It's funny really. It says triphasic, all trumpets and whistles, then when you click on 'what does triphasic mean in terms of being preg or not?' it says '... er, not allot' :rofl: Heart is well and truly guarded. I'm in that place where i'm allowing myself to think maybe, but wont be surprised when AF turns up. If that makes sense.

Nise - it's truly lovely to hear about LG being happy with you :happydance: I do hope SS get their finger out soon and pay what you're owed. Thank you for your excitement. Bless you.

Well, my temp has dipped a tiny bit. Its still higher than it usually is by now. FF still saying tri. Boobs are more painful than usual. Tummy cramps. I recon if i come on it'll be this Thursday.

I wish i could share this with DH. He just hates maybe's though. He finds no excitement in it at all, just torture. So i've not mentioned my chart to him.

Love to all xxx

Have everything crossed for you mistyy :thumbup:

I don't think I'll be able to start treatment until at least may :growlmad:

Nise glad K is settling in but :growlmad: at SS

Misty - Still got my fingers crossed for you hun:flower:

:hugs:

X

Terrible tummy cramps on my lower right all evening :(

:( :( :(

Probably AF coming.

I've now convinced myself this is all going to come to nothing and am pissed off and miserable.

x

Come on Fertility fairies, give Misty her BFP and 9 healthy months after- she's been a good girl, always cheerful, funny and supportive. Is it really to much to ask?

.... just putting it out there, you never know. :winkwink:

Nise I'm so happy for you!!! I'm glad k is settling in!

Misty keeping fx'd for you

So I've been trying to figure out my next goal if I don't get a bfp in the next while
Also starting to feel empty nest as my son turns 17 on Sunday and dd 19 in June. Their growing up and need me me differently now.
It isn't easy I've identified so much of myself and time to them.

Also knowing I'm nearing the end of this journey is hard. Dh has been supportive till tonight. The sil is having a shower (really her kids will be 20 months apart I think it's tacky) so I say my opinion of second showers and tell him I'm not going and he snaps on me. I told him I'm sorry his mad at me I may be irrational about her but I'm not going.

I will get the baby a gift after he is born but not before.

I guess second baby showers are in I just don't get it
I know if we were blessed I wouldn't want a shower, but that's just me

Hope everyone else is fine thanks for listening to my whining

pdmcd17..:hugs: to you..

Didn't hit thanks as it's not a Hug..

AFM: on my 2ww but my almost 2 yr old is sick an DH is getting sick..Thank goodness my DH didn't get sick when it was the Big O date an so forth. At least we got lots of FUN in..

Got a busy night a head of me as my oldest has a Meeting tomorrow evening an we're making a creamcycle cake together tonight for the meeting tomorrow evening. Got to let the cake set over night an be ready for all the teens tomorrow evening to eat it..

Hope everyone else is doing good..

Morning ladies.
I've calmed down a bit :coffee: My emotions are just everywhere at the mo. I'm up and down like a yo yo.

Thank you so much Nise for your fertility faery prayer :flower: and for all the crossed fingers out there.

PDMCD - i totally empathise about the empty nest sadness. My eldest, 20, has half moved out 50/50 between here and boyfriend's. (well, boy friends's mum's, he hasn't got his own home) Got one turning 18 next month. Youngest, 15, is still a mummys girl :) I'm sorry to hear your DH snapped at you. The best we can ask is that DPs try to understand how we feel - i don't think it's always the case that they really do deep down. Sometimes it slips a bit. FWIW i don't get baby showers at all. It's becoming more common over the pond here, and allot of people (over 25) are a bit :roll: about it all.

AFM (sorry about this. i've very me me me at the mo, i know, but i cant share it with anyone in 'RL', i only have here) - temp lifted again this morning. I'm still up in the 99 degrees.
I nearly told DH about it earlier. I was so down last night. And i felt quite tearful first thing this morning. Just trying to stay breezy round the house and all the time i just want to grab his hand and say "LOOK! This is most exciting chart i've had in two darn years!"

I mean whatever happens, at the very least - the chart of March 2013 will always have the wow factor for me :haha:

:dust: :dust: and more :dust:
xxx

Hmmmm I was wondering the same butterfly:winkwink:

So come on Misty spill:flower:

:hugs:

X

I haven't tested. I become a gibbering tearful wreck at BFNs. Really - last time i did it (months ago) it really did bring me way way down. Much wayer down than simply getting AF turn up.

FF is wanting me to test tomorrow, but that is going by the luteal phase, not my usual cycle length. Going by my usual cycle length i'm due on on Thursday or Friday.

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::headspin:

Mistty hunny, your chart looks fantastic. I know you're guarding yourself but maybe testing at 14dpo you will know either way. Not sure whether the torture of are you /aren't you is worse than knowing one way or another. You may be like me, leave it as long as you can so there's still hope? But as soon as I get to 13dpo I test if things are looking promising so I can get my head round the idea af is on its way. We are all different, so do whats best for you while we all cross fingers and eagerly wait for good news. Xxx

Afm, leaving for the hospital in 20 minutes to get my blood test results....

Great to hear Nise about Lg settling in. Sorry to hear the ss are holding back on paying your costs...don't they understand you need the money now and not force you back to work when lg is still settling in.

Sorry to hear pdmc about the empty nest feeling. Can't identify as have no kids but my mum suffered from it when my youngest brother left home.

Yeah misty..chart still looks good. Can understand about not wanting to test ...somehow its easier to imagine and deal with af when/if she arrives.
You are going to be more disappointed than usual if af arrives so maybe u should do a sneaky test tomorrow morning if temps still look good. It may be too early to give you a positive anyway, so a negative does not necessarily mean bad news.

Good luck barnibear with the hospital appointment...hope you get something concrete you can 'fix'

thanks ladies for understanding - you all are so supportive. we all deserve this. dh was apoligetic this am said he understands why i dont want to go and he didnt realize that most women dont have 2nd showers - he assumed it was normal lol (his mom was upset about the 2nd shower so i think it made him realize im not completely off my rocker)

misty i understand the not wanting to test this last cycle i waited till i was late i couldnt bear a bfp. im keeping everything crossed for you good luck hon

barn good luck today!!!!
waves at garfie and buterfly and everyone else

Thankfully we don't have that tradition of baby showers...although give it time, I'm sure it'll cross over to us.
Glad dh has understood baby shower etiquette....it was good that someone else thought i.e. his mum, thought it was not necessary which backed you up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->