TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Thanks Glitter, I shall defo check that one out without further delay and probably add to my little vitamin ritual! :hugs:

Hi Inkdchick, I don't mind at all - the more the merrier. I tried soy a few months back for about 4 cycles - I was hoping it might delay O a bit but it didn't make any difference to me. I have heard some marvelous things about it and I told my FS (I was still with him then) that I was using it, he to knew about it. I hope it works for you. He did suggested if it didn't work that I maybe considered Clomid but then of course I left :dohh:

This is now my 4th cycle on soy, but to be honest we are trying the soy as our FS and any FS in our area wont help us as i am now 44 and he is 47 in feb, and we were told that we wont be given anything even tho all our test came back as tho we were in our 30's that wasnt good enough for them and our ages what is against us and they said that it wont happen coz we are too old and to go away and forget about falling pregnant coz its not going to happen !!!
and thats our national health service and private health care for you how wonderful is that !, so we ahave been out on our own now for the last two years with 9 early mmc behind us we are really hoping that things will turn around this year as i have now given up everything and i do miss my :wine: LOL xx

Hi Inkdchick
our paths have crossed a few times on here- hope you get a sticky soon x

hiya hun how are you , yes we have crossed and missed each other completely, sad but true hope to chat with you soon xx

inkdchick
hope you get a bfp soon I feel your fustration I has a fs tell me I was to old at 39. If you speak to a midwife/ nurse however they tell you different and they are the ones delivering babies every day! xxxxxxxxx

you are right hun but i dont know one and feel really stupid at the thought of ringing to speak to one but we will see i only have three days to wait to see if this is definately our month as i only have really achy boobs and feel tired and grumpy, and i have had lots of cramping for at least a week before af every month before now so we will see.
How far are you into your cycle hun xx

I am cd 9 so gearing up for the b'ding but really cant' be bothered by mojo is seriously broken!

oh hun i actually gave up toward the end of last month and havent thought about it all this month either until about 4 days ago so please just keep going and dont think about it and it will happen im a firm believer in things happening when you least expect it, im still waiting but i dont mind the wait now as i believe it will happen PMA hun PMA xx

Nise - Here's some info on DHEA from this site https://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/premature_ovaries.html

DHEA Beneficial Effects
The investigators at CHR have been using the mild male hormone dehydroepiandrosterone DHEA now for a number of years very successfully in women with diminished ovarian reserve (DOR), whether their ovarian impairment is due to advanced age or premature ovarian aging (POA). In doing so, we have been able to demonstrate that in such women DHEA supplementation has quite remarkable beneficial effects (see Table 1), which all can be summarized as rejuvenating ovarian function.

Table 1: EFFECTS OF DHEA IN WOMEN WITH DOR
Increases egg (oocyte) and embryo counts
Improves egg and embryo quality
Increases number of embryos available for embryo transfer
Increases euploid (chromosomally normal) embryos available
Speeds up time to pregnancy in fertility treatment
Increases spontaneously conceived pregnancies
Improves IVF pregnancy rates
Improves cumulative pregnancy rates in patients under treatment
Decreases spontaneous miscarriage rates
likely reduces aneuploidy (chromosomal abnormalities ) in embryos

New findings: DHEA also reduces miscarriage rates - especially in older women

As reported in previous issues, CHR continues to accumulate data on our DHEA experience. Toronto West Fertility Associates, in Toronto, Canada, is a facility also doing the same. Anecdotally, we’d heard they had similar results to ours, and last December they were kind enough to send us their complete data bank on DHEA usage at their center.

Their pregnancy experience results were, indeed, similar to our own, and we were especially interested in their miscarriage rates. As we have repeatedly noted in our UPDATEs, we have come to believe that DHEA supplementation may reduce the number of chromosomally abnormal embryos (aneuploidy). We reached this conclusion after making two observations:

In a small number of women who underwent PGD after being treated with DHEA, we found lower aneuploidy rates than in women without DHEA supplementation. Unfortunately, women in need of DHEA usually have small embryo numbers and, therefore, only rarely qualify for PGD. This kind of data accumulation is, therefore, very slow and so far we have not reached statistically robust enough numbers.

2) Our second, related observation was that we noted a surprisingly low miscarriage rate in DHEA pregnancies. Since miscarriages, especially in older women, are mostly due to chromosomal abnormalities, this observation, too, suggested the possibility that DHEA may reduce aneuploidy rates. To reach statistically robust conclusions, once again relatively large (pregnancy) numbers were required and we therefore, up to this point, have been cautious to not over interpret our own data.
This is why the timing of the arrival of the Toronto data was so exciting; these data not only confirmed the high pregnancy rate in very unfavorable patients with diminished ovarian reserve, but demonstrated an identical reduction in miscarriage rate to the one observed by us (when compared to national IVF data). Since the combined data sets between CHR and the Toronto center involve an adequate size patient sample, we are now confident to state that DHEA supplementation significantly decreases the miscarriage rate in women with diminished ovarian reserve.

Indeed, we even can go beyond this statement: While a reduction in miscarriage rates is seen in women of all ages, the reduction is smaller in women below age 35 than in women above age 35 years, where the reduction often exceeds 50 percent. This, of course, should not surprise since miscarriages are known to increase with advancing female age. Most of these miscarriages are, however, due to aneuploidy and this observation brings us back to where we started from: Our new data, on the decrease in miscarriage rates after DHEA supplementation especially in older women above age 35, strongly support that DHEA, indeed, reduces chromosomal abnormalities (aneuploidy rates) in embryos.

And this is what DHEA is:
What is DHEA?

DHEA is an abbreviation for dehydroepiandrosterone, a hormone produced primarily in the adrenal glands. DHEA is also produced in other parts of the body including the testicles, ovaries, and brain. After production, the bloodstream carries DHEA to tissues and cells. Some of it is converted to sex hormones testosterone and estrogens.

How is DHEA produced in the body?

In the body, cholesterol is the starting material to make all steroid hormones in the body. In the adrenal glands, cholesterol is converted to pregnenolone. Therefore pregnenolone is the very top of the hormone pyramid. Pregnenolone is converted to DHEA and a number of sex hormones including testosterone and estrogens.

People with underactive thyroids are usually low on this and it also states that if you do have PCOS you should not take it as the hormones will aggravate the condition.

Ibe been on it for over a week and have not found any bad side effects so far - could be that its early days, we'll see :). However, i have found more ewcm and small dull cramps in both ovaries, so it must be doing something!

Hope this helps :dust:

Omi xxx

OMI
I am a bit concerner bout dhea my bloods showed my oestrogen level on month two taking it was double the previous month but i don't knw if high oestrogen is a good thing or not plus my last cycle was only 26 days- never happens i am a 30 day girl i sent the results to fs but he didn't comment just said they were fine? I also think i have a lowish thyroid it runs in my family but the gp said my tests were fine but they told my mum that and 10 yrs later she has an underactive thyroid. I also find myself really tired and quite depressed since taking it so i dropped the dose to 10 mg I dont care about the side effects if it gives me goods eggs but i dont want to harm anything either have you any ideas?

Hi,
I understand where you are coming from. I miss being pregnant after the mc I was anger and sadden at the same time..I'm 41, close to 42 and I'm considering to try again.
But so scared, because the chances we are taking...bringing a baby up at our age and birth defects. Sheeesh...so confused

Hiya

Im new on here, i am 40, 41 in May and been TTC for over a year, both had tests done and were ok but nothing happened, so last week made an appointment with doctor to discuss the next steps, and yesterday found out pregnant, only 2-3 weeks at the moment, but fingers crossed everything be ok. All out there over 40 and trying dont give up hope, i did plenty of times, but it happened : ) So glad found this post, as thought be only over 40 out there

im out girls af got me this morning so from now on this year will be if it happens it happens as im now 44 and dont think it will now so heres to the year and see what happens x

well ladies clinic contacted me its all go for ivf in March when af arrives second time lucky I hope. Just have to find cheap accommodation in Sheffield and we can't book ahead cuz we are at the mercy of af and when she arrives roll on March

Hiya

Im new on here, i am 40, 41 in May and been TTC for over a year, both had tests done and were ok but nothing happened, so last week made an appointment with doctor to discuss the next steps, and yesterday found out pregnant, only 2-3 weeks at the moment, but fingers crossed everything be ok. All out there over 40 and trying dont give up hope, i did plenty of times, but it happened : ) So glad found this post, as thought be only over 40 out there

Congrats!!:happydance::happydance::happydance: Thanks for sharing your news!

Hi all,

I wasn't sure how to start, so I'm replying to this thread. It seems like it fits because I'm turning 40 in March and husband turns 40 in May. The last few weeks my husband and I have been considering trying for our 3rd (two boys now-6 and 9). The strange thing is last week I had cramps for about 4-5 days that felt like what I remembered going on in early pregnancy with the other kids (implantation). But I've been on the pill. I went back and looked at my pills and noticed I had missed two pills on the 2nd and 3rd day of the first week and then missed again the second to last day before the "blanks". So I started wondering if I might be pregnant already, but it would be too early to tell. I have taken a HPT recently that was negative. I can't tell if I'm just hoping I am pregnant, even though we hadn't officially started trying yet, or if it's a real possibility. The cramps were real. Is it possible to get pregnant right at the end of your active pills if you miss one? Thanks!

synch71:happydance::kiss:

Hi ladies, this is my first post and i`m a bit nervous lol, i have been following this thread and others for a while now, i have just turned 43 in december and have 6 children aged 23,21,20,14,3,and 6 months, i would like 1 more baby hopefully before my ticking clock stops, and as this is a thread for over 40`s i would like to say that as i fell pregnant with my youngest at age 42 that all of you out there trying should not give up, i am not currently taking anything to help concieve although i have stopped breastfeeding at xmas and have had :witch: arrive for the second cycle since finishing, i thought last month was it as :witch: didn`t arrive as usual around 28 days and had what i thought was pregnancy symptoms, i didnt test as was too frightened of :bfn: but then she got me on cd 37 this is unusual for me so hoping is just my cycles settling after finishing breastfeeding, i wish you all good luck and :dust: and hope we all see our :bfp: soon

Hi all,

I wasn't sure how to start, so I'm replying to this thread. It seems like it fits because I'm turning 40 in March and husband turns 40 in May. The last few weeks my husband and I have been considering trying for our 3rd (two boys now-6 and 9). The strange thing is last week I had cramps for about 4-5 days that felt like what I remembered going on in early pregnancy with the other kids (implantation). But I've been on the pill. I went back and looked at my pills and noticed I had missed two pills on the 2nd and 3rd day of the first week and then missed again the second to last day before the "blanks". So I started wondering if I might be pregnant already, but it would be too early to tell. I have taken a HPT recently that was negative. I can't tell if I'm just hoping I am pregnant, even though we hadn't officially started trying yet, or if it's a real possibility. The cramps were real. Is it possible to get pregnant right at the end of your active pills if you miss one? Thanks!

synch71:happydance::kiss:

hi synch71 i`m new too but welcome , i would say it is possible to get pregnant if you missed pills at the start of the pack because that would be before ovulation making it possible for ovulation to occur but i could be wrong, i myself got pregnant taking the pill when i was 40 but i missed taking a few days over a 2-3 week period , but good luck if its what you want and i would say :test: again especially if af is late ,

Hi Ladies. I've been a bit tied up as I went back to work this past week - Now I've got to much to do and not enough time to do it in, so what's new!

Congratulations Oxfordbabe - Fab news for the over 40's :wohoo:

Glitter - Yay for March go ahead. I'm very excited for you and look forward to following you every step of the way. :happydance: Do you have a journal?

Inkdchick - I'm sorry the old hag of all hags got you. Hope she's not being to hard on you and that the next cycle is the one. :hugs:

Synch - Got my fingers crossed. Keep us posted.

Maryanne - Blimey 6!!! I'm still trying to get 1 :rofl: Good luck to you with getting your little lucky no. 7 :flower:

Apparently I forgot to post to this thread. I mostly did a new thread so I didn't have to figure out which threads I use the most. Lazy, I know.

I am 42 and am cautiously happy with the bfp from 17 January. This definitely has gone farther than the last pregnancy and I am having all of the good old signs: breast tenderness, moodiness like you wouldn't believe, and my bestest buddy morning sickness. I'm told these are all good signs. That can be hard to remember while visiting the porcelain deity.

Just doing what came naturally has us expecting. I am waiting until after 12 weeks for any real announcements and I am still trying to convince myself it is real. A little worried and a long set of months ahead but we are on the baby train!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->