TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi ladies, been keeping an eye on this thread but not posted for a while.
Pieceofpie, to go through what you've been through is a terrible thing, no words can express the pain you must have. I think you're a brave and strong lady.
Garfie, fingers crossed for you.
Maddy, good luck with the transfer.
Biggerfamily, hope the 2ww doesn't drag too much.
AFM, well yesterday was test day and another failed IUI, not surprised really. IUI is clearly not a good option for us, however given the cost of the drugs, scans etc it made sense to do it this month rather than abandon the cycle altogether, at least there was a slim chance. Beginning to lose the faith that this will ever happen. I've got an appointment at the clinic on Wed for the 'what now' chat. Thinking it may be worth testing my AMH and FSH levels again to see if there's been a sudden decline since last year (then they were 10.9 and 6.4 which apparently are good for my age). No AF yet, just stopped the cyclogest so suspect she's on her way. Going to continue with DHEA and ask about Co Q10 for me and DH.
X

Sorry to hear pussycat. Good luck in the 'why didnt it work' appointment.

Good luck tomorrow maddy with embryo trasnfer

full blown AF as if last night, only thing is this time it is full with cramping and not much bleeding, thank the lord there is no clots which I find strange because of the fact that I was so late. Nausea is there like crazy, Maddy40 I hope everything work out for you.

Pussycat, I am sorry that it did not work out for you. I would love to hear about your chat with the doctor, I was just speaking to an older woman from one of the islands here in the Bahamas and she is telling me that Lydia Pinkham is excellent to used for conception. I asked my mom and she agrees as well I could not figure out why she did not tell me this earlier but she said I dont listen to her....go figure.

:hi:

Maddy - Fab, Fab, Fab - I've got absolutely everything crossed for you, lovely. [-o<

Garfie - Good luck, really hope this is it for you and yes, blame fertility fiend!

Bigger - :yipee::yipee::yipee: Go hubby! You must be on :cloud9:

Pieceofpie - Welcome. You will find lots of very lovely friends here. My goodness yours is a very sobering and sad story, I really can't imagine ever having to go through anything like that at all and then to have to deal with such unfairness in the aftermath - Really does make you question human nature sometimes doesn't it. :cry: I wish you loads of luck. :hugs:

Pussycat - So sorry to hear your news but please keep the faith :hugs:

AFM - Hating this week at work, I have to do night shoots for the rest of the week, so will only see K for an hour or so before school - of course I will be able to see her when I get home but she will be sparko :sleep: and if truth be known, I don't know how awake I'll actually be for that hour since I will have only had about 3 hours sleep before getting up and getting her off to school. No doubt I'll survive though. :hugs:

Thanks for all the good wishes ladies :kiss: Now if some :dust: could just fall on me, that would be grand!

We had our 5-day transfer on Wednesday so now we are w-a-i-t-i-n-g. Unfortunately this is our one and only shot as our other 4 embies were not good enough to freeze :nope: Lots of finger and leg crossing going on!

Nise, thank you..that is just some lesson we in the world have to go through and it makes up stronger for something better. (nothing is better than my son but there was a lesson to be learned). here is to hoping that you have a much better time for the rest of the week at work.

Maddy I will be praying and keeping everything cross for you and I wish you all the success, good luck.

AFM: Had one of the weirdest period ever, one night spotting, one day light, next medium then one spot and thats it, all with pregnancy symptoms but with negative test results and extreme lightheadedness, weakness, swollen feet and ankle. amazing.

I wish all you ladies the best of luck.

Pussycat sorry it was a bust hope you get the answers at the appointment

Hi pippi

Piece sorry the witch got you

Nise I hate when work gets in te way of family. Praying that week flies by

Madly keeping everything crossed for you

Hi misty and anyone else

Af may finally be here, I've been having cramping for 2 days now and fresh red blood today it's light but omg the cramps are the worse praying as she comes on it isn't flooding
I'm going to start chaste berry once I know for sure she's here to help regulate me again. this not knowing is the worse, I love not having here- but terrified of the flooding. If it starts full today I'm at a 60 day cycle

Dh got his consult appoint for his v finally it's oct 8 so were still semi trying for at least another 6 or more months. As once he has the consult he will still have to wait for the actual date

Who know I could be like my gram and have my last around 43

Hope you all are good and waves to anyone ekes I forgot

Nise... Yes we're on :cloud9: this time around. So very glad got to do our last IUI this time. So thrilled DH got his job done instead of being so upset once again.

Hope your doing good an all...

AFM.. Taking it easy, going to bed early, relaxing an eating as healthy as can with no cokes or any chocolate to eat. NO caffeine in my body. Drinking mostly 10% juices,water with some sprite at times. Today I'm 4dpiui. Start Prometrium (Progesterone) tonight an blood-work Monday. Not sure if do a HPT just want and see what blood-work shows. Praying this is the one. With only working ovary now be nice too get a BFP for my age..

Now back to cooking...

All others be praying for you all also. Sorry can't do more personals but very busy with stuff an banking filling out papers for bank tomorrow an more...

Good Afternoon Ladies

Well despite FF attempts to mess with my head - it looks like I'm back on the merry go round.:wacko:

Need all the sticky baby dust you can all send :happydance:

:hugs:

X

Garfie - :dust:, :dust: and a bit more :dust: xxx

DPO8 here :coffee:
Only 11 days left till my FF annual membership runs out. I think that might be the time for me to wave :wave: to TTC really. This is ridiculous. Deep down i know it aint gonna happen for me :(

xxx

Mistyy, Sometimes when we are ready to give up that is when we get our positive. I would not suggest you give just yet, there is still alot of hope. I was just reading about a woman who gave birth to a healthy baby boy at 7lb 9oz, at the age of 52, the doctors thought she had a tumor and low and behold the baby boy, so I am thinking there is still hope after all for all of us.

I am praying for all of us to get our positive soon, so please lets just kick start this. Here is what I plan to do I am going to start taking B6 and magneisum (sp) which I am told to help jump start the reproductive system.

Ladies,
Good luck on getting a BFP..

AFM>. I've decide we're done for a while.. Going to start another small business so going do this an later may TTC but for now just need a break until see new RE and see what he says. But got a feeling he say we're to old an all. So just going to take a break from all this TTC an Forums..

So going to have my account closed for ????? not sure. ..

Bye an Thanks for your support.

Good bye bigger.

Maybe you could just use the free ff Misty? someone on my ivf forum i post to said that the zita west book says only to chart for 3 months, that charting for any longer channels energy in the wrong direction...and is not what its about.
I plan only to chart till ovulation and then stop...wean myself off slowly. Might keep the ff to add in bd, supplements, af etc.

Great news Garfie, its looks strange thought with all the positive opks. The opks are positive if you are pregnant so maybe that's why you got so many positive opks?
Maybe the bleeding was nt really af.....
Maybe I'm all wrong. Does your beta tell you how many weeks pregnant you are?

Bigger goodluck in whatever your future holds for you ( we're here if you need us)

Misty I gave up charting to stressful, I understand where your coming from. Big hugs

Garfie goodluck and if I read right lots of sticky dust

Hi piece, inspiring story, but I know for me 52 is way to old - I'd be 74 when the kid was graduating university. I used to take a b100 complex and it helped alot.

Hi pippi!

Afm tmi warning- weird cycle I have a gush of blood get worried expecting a flood then nothing but spotting on day I did flood but then1 hr later nothing then A few days of spotting then gush. It's been like this for a few weeks so I'm seek g my dr next week to get something to bring it on properly and hopefully a refill so I can take it every 2 months

I'm no longer expecting to have a miracle ( it'd be fabulous ) but I'm accepting it may not happen.

The visit with the sister in law went well only a sad moment when dh held him and had that yearning look that was hard. I couldn't hold him though that would have hurt to much.
At least now I'm not obsessed over it anymore and can move forward.
I did love shopping for his gift.

It was strange I was so jealous of her for so long, and now I feel for her her. They're beyond broke and stressed and fighting.

PDM... my mom is recommending that I take Lydia Pinkham she did and past through life without any fuss. The funny thing in the whole family my mom is the breeder and her two girls only have 2 kids and that is all my sister.

Lydia Pinkham is a ladies tablet and tends to bring on full period. Wish you all the best and enjoy.

I will chart until my birthday which is in September and then that would be it for me but I would not be out trying. I know it can be upsetting but that is why we are here in the 40s and up group to encourage each other and be there until the very end.

My dad if he was living would have been 87 and my mom is 76 and she looks young. Kids keep you young LOL.

Hi piece I did take that my ex mil gave it to me after I had my dd almost 19 yrs and ds17 yrs ago
It was nasty but did help. We can't get it here ( my mil brought it back from jamacia when she went home for a visit)

I googled it just now and the supliments I'm on has almost all the same supliments in it
I've been on it for 5 days now but it can take upto 1 month to start to work
What parish are you from in Ja? My ex inlaws were from a small town in st Ann.
I'm hoping to take my kids there someday to see that part of there heritage.

Bye Bigger <3

Mistyy...ah hun :hugs:. I know that feeling of pretty much being done.

Pippi...how are you feeling :flower:

Pussycat, PieceofPie, pdmcd17 - I'm sorry for the BFNs and :witch: visits

Nise...how did you get on with your night shoots and balancing K's activities? I bet you were :sleep:

Garfie...how is the merry-go-round :dust:

:yipee: Garfie - Just a quick post to say I hope and pray this is the one. [-o&lt;[-o&lt;

Hi to everyone else. I'm having a bit of a bad time at the moment. I will explain in a later post because I don't have much time but wanted to give Garfie my best wishes.

Oh no pdmc, sounds horrid af, hope the gp sorts you out with something to help it.
Glad you are ok about your nephew....aw though, tough to see your dh holding the baby. Guess slowly coming around to that it may never happen is the easiest way to get around the idea ....I admit though I still have my off days.

Piece of pie, what age will you be in September ?

Sorry to hear barnibear that you are having a hard time....hope it works itself out soon.

Hope testing goes well on Saturday maddie40.

Any update Garfie? Hope all going well

I'm doing ok, at least getting back into the swing of things in work takes my mind of it a bit...at last i can concentrate a bit.
Going to the gp next week and hoping shell prescribe me something to bring my thyroid hormones into gear. I don't have an underactive thyroid but my levels are not optimium for fertility. Althought they fall within the NHs standard range but think shes willing to give me something for a year.

Still no sign of ovulation and im usually a textbook cd13-14 day ovulation girl. Guess the ivf must have put everything out of whack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->