TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hi everyone

I will be 43 in September heading over the hill.

I am also from a place call Jacks Hill in New Kingston Jamaica and Linstead in St. Catherine Jamaica.

I am CD12 and had a temp jump today but still very much dry and no sign of the big O. Will wait and see what happen.

Hi ladies, just a quick one to say hi and hope you're doing ok. AFM got a bit of a plan now: will retest all my levels (FSH, AMH etc), prob start of June. Have May, June and poss July off any drugs (apart from DHEA and supplements). Then have another go at ICSI. I can't think beyond that right now. Just one question, does anyone know what dose of Royal Jelly and Co Q10 is recommended and whether they are ok to take together with DHEA? x

Barnabibear... :hugs: I'm sorry things aren't great for you ATM. Hope everything turns out okay.

PieceofPie...hope you get 'the sign' soon :flower:

Pussycat...I have been on 600mg of COQ10 at the recommendation of my Dr. I haven't taken anything else other than folic acide and a multivitamin. :coolio:

Ok ladies here is something stupid, I am taking CQ10 but for something other than pregnancy, I was taking it to get rid of free radicals in the body and beauty. Can someone tell me the impact on pregnancy?

Pussycat, I am with you in all that you are doing and praying on a positive.

PieceofPie I believe studies in Canada have shown that COQ10 positively affects the cellular makeup of the egg and sperm = better quality ingredients for TTC :thumbup: My husband did not take it, but I know lots of men do.

There are several threads here on BNB about COQ10 with links to the various studies.

AFM.... I am thrilled to announce that I've tested and...:bfp: :happydance: Now let's hope it sticks.

Congratulations on your BFP and here's to a smooth journey :)

Saw the news on your diary...big congrats. Gives me some hope if we go again.

Congrats maddy!!! Wishing you a nice sticky bean and a h&h 9 months

Maddy....CONGRATULATION & HEALTHY AND HAPPY NINE MONTHS.

Sticky bean for you young ladies. See now all the ladies on this thread has hope and I know we will get our little bungle of joy. Our stork is on the way he is just a sly poke. I tell you about him, last their way and hate to ask for direction...:). sorry cant find the emotion button on here anymore.

AFM CD 13 and no symptom of the big O, still dry and cervix is HFC also temp took a hugh nose dive this morning. It went all the way down to 96.3 from 97.

Enjoy your weekend everyone and Maddy, please take it easy so that little one can hold on. FX and praying.

Hi Ladies,

Been stalking a lot but not got quite round to writing.

Congrats Maddy :thumbup:

Garfie - any updates? Sending lots of :dust:

Big :wave: to everyone else.

AFM - nothing to report - trying to come to terms with the thought that it won't happen again for us and to be grateful for my DS. Never say never until the old witch stope but think the old egg timer is running out.

Maddy and Garfie :happydance: :dust::dust:

Bigger :wave: hope the new business goes well

Mistyy, yes just use the free FF

Pdmdc that sounds like a pain with AF, hope you get it sorted :flower:

PoP, hope O happens soon :thumbup:

Booth, maryanne, Pippi, greens, Nise and everyone, hope you are all ok :hugs:

I guess we all have our own cut off dates and it may or may not happen to all of us. Even if someone gives birth in their 50s they are rare so although those stories are good I guess we have to take them with a pinch of salt :flower:

AFM my drugs arrived today for my donor egg cycle. I am trying not to put too much pressure on myself for this to work as it is pretty much 50/50 and I think that is if I put 2 back and I may only put 1.

Hello everyone,

Today I am depressed and hurt to my core. My very good friend sent me a text this morning to find out how mothers day went. I also sent her a text telling her to call me because I read in the paper her husband was buried last week. I knew he had surgery for a leg ingury and knowing here I thought it was a complication....I went to her home but no one was there only to have her tell me that the brutal murder I read about two weeks ago about 3/4 miles from my house was her husband. I am crying, I was upset at the time because of the boldness of the robbery off the highway around 12 noon and stated it on my FB page only to find that it was someone that I knew very well and who is close to me. The sad thing is she is 44 age and they just had a baby boy, he is 63. She is crying like crazy and cannot stay at the home they share anymore.

I told her that I will take her and the baby to Eleuthera for two weeks for a change of scene when she is ready. I am sooo upset, I could kill the guy who did this to him.

Sorry ladies will post personal later, just too upset at the moment..

PoP, what awful news, I hope you're coming to terms with it (as best as is possible), you can only be there for your friend and her baby. Here we all are desperately trying to create lives when pointless things like this happen.
Maddy, huge congrats, that's such amazing news. You've given me hope and your BFP is proof that it only takes one.
x

So sorry to hear PoP, hopefully knowing you are there for your friend will help her get throught it.

Good luck butterfly for the impending cycle...hopefully you'll be th 3rd bfp on this board this year. 50/50 odds are great. if you only put back one...I guess you are hoping to have some frosties to fall back on?

Noting exciting with me. Gp started me on low does thyroxine yesterday. My tsh came back at 2.9 which is 'normal' but since some clinics want it to be <2 she was happy to prescribe. She said i need to wait 2.5-3 months to check it...seems so long time to wait if we want to do another ivf cycle....
Still no sign of ovulation 19 days after af...the ivf really messes with your cycles.

Yes I think my best hope if for 3 embryos and then I could put one back and have 2 frosties :thumbup:

Interesting about the thyroxine - maybe I should have asked my GP too as my TSH was 4.0 but they said that was normal so I didn't push it. :nope:

Fingers cross for everyone and I am praying that most of you ladies get sticky dust/vibes.

I have come to conclusion that I will NTNP and just let the chips falls where they may. I am now getting fed up with the roller coaster ride, reading something into every little symptoms only to find out its nothing and the BT every morning at 5 am. I will still test but if I forget no worry on my part I just want to make sure I ovulate. The cost is killing me in regards to HPT, medication, doctors appointment, blood test my worst enemy. So maybe if I try another avenue I will be straight and save myself some dough in the mean time.

Ladies we can do this but maybe we are focusing too much on one area and not another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->