TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Just a quick pop-in as we have visitors. I will come back when they're gone, for a longer read.

Pippi I'm sorry hun. I was sooo hoping it wasn't a chemical. I know all too well the dread of that bloodtest that shows levels are falling. :hugs::kiss: It's NOT FAIR :nope:

AFM we got 6 eggs at retrieval yesterday, update this morning was that 5 have fertilised and we are doing a 5-day transfer on Wednesday. So as of today we have 5 more shots at pregnancy and then we are done.

Hi I am in my 40s, and have been trying on and off since 2001 when my son died at 10 days old. Was pregnant this April made two years exactly and MC at six weeks. I am not sure what I felt then because I was not charting or checking anything. I think my progesterone is low and I have a whacky cycle that is starting to sort itself out. What I did this cycle was to drink breadfruit leaves tea and try to remain stress free, also I have somewhat change my diet and focus more on fruits and vegetables.

It is a tiresome journey and lots of ups and downs, lots of changes including not taking tubs bath but shower only, lowing my blood pressure, took lots of minerals etc.

Sometime I hate seeing person with their little ones because I am childless and I am now not looking forward to any holidays that involve kids.

On a positive note, I am on CD34 and keeping my fingers cross that somewhere there is a +. however it was not an easy road emotionally or otherwise.

Pippi_elk

I am sorry to hear of your lost. First let me introduce myself, I am new to the site and join so that I could communicate with others who are having a difficult time in their journey, it helps when I read others TTC reminds me that I am not alone.

However, I would like to ask you a question if it is not an issue..I have notice on your chart that your period came at 21DPO, prior to this what where your symptoms?

My interest is I am also at CD34 and 21DPO, we have similar chart patterns but today my breast felt like someone had a knife stabbing me in them for about an hour and I am having very mild ache in the uterus on and off. I have also had a BFN HPT on the 19DPO but have been chalking it up to low pregesterone, I plan to visit the doctor tomarrow or Monday but after seeing your chart and we have such similar pattern, I am now worried that what I am thinking is pregnancy might just be AF coming.

If that is the case I think I will stop and just focus on me and my animals. This is just too much work, time, effort,money and alot of changes with no results. Please be brutally honest even if it means telling me to mind my own business or get lost.

Thanks alot and once again sorry for your loss.

Maddie that's great!!!! Keep us posted

Welcome piece- no clue I don't chart

So I'm reading an article on dr who and the writer refered to the series finale omg I was like there ending the show and dh was like no the season are called series there
Thank goodness ( series finale here mean shows over)

Still no af really getting annoyed these glimpses she's comming are a pain as I'm so late now I'm terrified of the flood

It is a beautiful day here sunny a warm! Gonna try a run along the lake
I hope you all have good days

Just a quickie to give massive massive hugs to Pippi :cry: I am so sorry love. Cry it out. No good keeping a brave face on. Hugs for your hubby too. When you feel stronger you can look ahead again :hugs::hugs::hugs: You look after yourself.

PDMCD - fanny = vagina :rofl:

Maddy - :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nise - :happydance::happydance::happydance:

and

Pieceofpie - welcome. And i'm so jealous! You're in the BAHAMAS!!! :mrgreen:

:dust::dust::dust:

hello ladies,
Got a question for you all. Do you know how much it cost to do sperm freezing?

We're going to try one more time with IUI an if dh can't do his thing we're thinking of doing sperm freezing when he can give a sample.

I'm about at my wits end an got told my right ovary is shriking.. So my time is limited it seems.. I want another baby so bad it's starting to kill me inside..

HOpe all is doing good..

Sniggering at PCMCD's innocent question about fannies :haha: I must grow up, I must grow up, I must grow up! (but I don't want to really):haha:

Bigger, I'm sorry I know nothing about sperm freezing I'm afraid, but hopefully someone will have the answers for you.:hugs:

Thanks barnibear, pdmc, maddy, garfie and misty for your sympathies...helps to know someone is thinking of me.
At least I'm not crying so much today but its a heavy awful Af.
It kinda brings back memories of the miscarriage too....

Glad to hear you getting on great with lg, Nise.

Great for the 6 eggs maddy. Hope your plans re travelling home after went smoothly and that you are n't too sore today.

Welcome piece of pie. Sorry to hear about the loss of your son...must have been absolutely terrible. No problem with questions. I had ivf this cycle and was on progesterone until 14 days after fertilisation so the symptoms I had may have been down to the progesterone and all the drugs I had prior to ivf...so don't think any of my symptoms are anything to go by. I had the feelings that Af was going to come on and off over the last 2 weeks so when I got the symptoms yesterday i was nt sure if it was really af. Sore boobs the odd time but again maybe the drugs? But my fertility consultant said at 14-16 dpo/post fertilisation I should be starting to get positive home pregnancy tests so i knew things were nt looking great.

Don't think low progesterone would cause a negative HPT.
Guess you just need to wait and see, maybe you dr would do a blood test for you...that's the only way I knew I was 'pregnant' as the blood showed the pregnancy hormone but it was too low to be picked up on HPTs.

Misty, I will trade you England for the Bahamas anytime...I am not a big fan of the heat and love the cold had a ball when I was living in Germany and Amsterdam. The only thing I think I would miss is the cool breeze from the sea as I live across the street and can look out at it from any angle of the house.

Today it is very hot, not even a dog want to be out and as much as I love the sea I cannot swim and dont part-take in it hence my unhappiness. Guess I will watch some football - Greenbay vs Dolphins.

Pippi, if you dont mind me shortening your name. I am so sorry about the lost regardless of the age once a pregnancy has happen we still mourn it no matter what.

In my birth country not the Bahamas once pregnancy is suspected a woman is given cornmeal porridge to strenghten her inside. It is said that cornmeal is the food of choice for women. Once if ever I am confirmed as pregnancy that is what I will be starting on.

It is also given when a MC has taken place because the older folks believes that it cleanse the inside and put you on the journey for another pregnancy quick fast and hurry.

I tried to end my life with the death of my son, he died in my arms at 12:30 pm, the doctors accidentially cut him and spill the contents of his bowels in his blood streams so I watched him slowly died and when he finally did watched his body shut down.

I am crying for you and want to tell you to be encourage, this is just a setback but we are all strong women or else we would not be on this site fighting and trying to have a little bean, be it the first, second, third, fourth or fifth and that in itself says alot about who you are as a person which speaks alot. I would love to hear you try again and this it will be a success.

Thats for the information.

Sniggering at PCMCD's innocent question about fannies :haha: I must grow up, I must grow up, I must grow up! (but I don't want to really):haha:

Bigger, I'm sorry I know nothing about sperm freezing I'm afraid, but hopefully someone will have the answers for you.:hugs:

Thanks for replying back..

I guess may have to call the NEW RE office an ask but praying don't have to do this. We're going for one more IUI Monday. This will be our last IUI with our old RE. If this cycle is a bust will be seeing a NEW RE in JUNE.

Oh my Good Lord Pieceofpie - that is a harrowing story, and my heart goes out to you :hugs: That is without doubt an experience which could take years to even begin to recover from. Poor poor lady. You must have great strength. I do hope that you have support and love around you in 'real life'.

May i ask where is your birth country, as that is so interesting re: cornmeal. I really believe that allot of collective womens' wisdom about child bearing has been lost over the years to make way for science. And this is a shame.

(It is grey, damp and chilly here this morning - you cannot convince me that i wouldn't want to be in the Bahamas :haha: although the quiet green English countryside is in my blood, i love the heat, i love the sea and i have neither here! xxx)

:dust::dust::dust:

Oh and pippi, FF is doing that bloody thing again this morning where you put your temps in and it wont save! :growlmad: Grrrr. x

Pieceofpie, Pippi is fine, had to add on elk as someone had already used the name Pippi when I joined.
Sorry to hear about how you son died, absolutely terrible experience. Sounds almost medical negligence but don't want to start opening old wounds for you.
Thanks for your kind words...not sure about the being more fertile after a lost pregnancy as that has nt worked in the past but I'll certainly try give it a good shot next month.

Ff behaving ok for me misty....but notice the ipad mobile app is just a bit crap and does n't display data that I entered that day on itouch. So I don't use the ipad app anymore.

Goodmorning wonderful ladies,

It is hot and windy here in the Bahamas with clear sky and I still hate the heat :). or maybe I am getting fed up with country.

Mistyy losing my baby was one of the worst times in my life and it still affects me up to this day. I had sue the hospital who acknowledge that there was indeed a mistake because the doctor in question had used the baby to teach interns....so I guess I paid them to use him as a lab rat. He was born at a private hospital and a slight blockage in his intestine which meant to only widen his anus to allow what was blocking it to flow out. Every day I think I contributed to his death by signing those papers for him to get it done. It is really sad to come home to an empty house, with all the baby stuff that you took with you home, have leaking breast and no baby to feed. It is now 12 years and it still comes like it was yesterday and to add insults they only gave me his legs, spinal cord, head and two arms to bury because they were already cutting him up. I spent over 19K during that pregnacy, cash not insurance but cash. The Bahamian government has threaten to revoke my mom citizen and my PR, I did not mind them taking my PR but my mom was another matter so we drop the law suit and I went to Europe to live for awhile, maybe that is why I complain about everything here, still angry about the injustice. Anyway on to happier note.

I was born in Jamaica where the people still believe in natural medicine and women are having babies right up to 59, they believes in cleaning a female inside after birth and for the woman to remain in bed for 9 days after giving birth. Cornmeal is a wonderful thing to drink because it does so many things. Its given to babies and in Jamaica you can always tell a cornmeal babies compare to another baby who is on formula (Usain Bolt - Cornmeal baby), they drink beets juice, carrot juice, breadfruit leaves tea, sorral drink etc. I cannot run cause I am a formula baby :-0.

pIppi, It will happen for you again, I always say that if you can get pregnant you will get pregnant immediately again? Do you drink Guiness? welll there is a drink that is made in my country and it is tasty with it, this is what I gave my first BF and walla baby was on the way..current parttime friend does not drink or he would have gotten it and he is set in his ways cant change him for nothinng. Well give you the receipe if you are ever interested. FX for you.

Biggerfamily, I wish you all the best with the IUI, also if you love to travel there is a clinic in Jamaica and Barbados or Trinidad that is boosting of success of almost 100%, think of the wonderful time you would have there and they are very cheap as well...I am planning on heading there maybe the earlier part of next year if Gods willing.

AFM: Wanted to see a line so bad, I took both a menopausal and pregnancy test and both comes back negative. Four more days and I will be CD40, I thinks something should give by now either AF or a positive. Woke this morning to the feeling like AF was on her way but again nothing and the ache is now gone, the mild tingling in the breast is also gone I wish I know what is happening with my body. Tomarrow I will head to the doctor and see if maybe he has an idea or do some blood workds but something and if AF still does not come Aloe Vera here I come (drink Aloe Vera to bring on AF).

So ladies enjoy your Sunday evening and if there is anything you want to know about the Bahamas or Jamaica I would be more than happy to provide the information for you.

Pieceofpie, I hate Guinness, even tried with with black currant juice to try sweeten it and still hate it !

Good luck today if you go to your doctor.

Well AF showed her head last night as a spotting and today I am spotting as well, so I guess that means I am out this month.

:hugs:pieceof pie and a belated welcome :hi: so so sorry for your sad loss I like many others on this thread cannot imagine what you must have gone through BIG :hugs:

AFM - well ladies after having 7 POS OPKs (never ever ever had that before) I have decided I will test I have been holding and if it should come back neg (probably will) then at least I can say I didn't use FMU :blush: and my friend Fertility has got me testing on the 5th so not long now:happydance:

Love to all the ladies

:hugs:

X

DH DONE HIS JOB THIS TIME.. :happydance::happydance::thumbup: IUI is done start my tww tomorrow. DH count was great no matter he had been sick..My lining was perfect this time as when had ultrasound done on Friday my lining was only 6mm but today it was 11+. Praying this cycle works...Start my progesterone suppositories Thursday an go in Monday for my progesterone check. When had my IUI done this time I cramped like crazy an still cramping off an on. Me an DH is going to have FUN Later this evening or early in the morning..

Also got my answer on how much it will cost to freeze sperm for a IUI. Which is only 150 freeze sperm for a IUI but to freeze it for a year it is 350 but we're praying don't have to do this.

Well going to go an lay down an rest an relax. Start my pineapple an grape juice tomorrow for 5 days.

Hi :hi: pieceof pie Gosh you have really been through some harrowing times. I hope you are finally able to achieve your dream really soon :hugs:

Garfie, ooh good luck with testing. Only a few days away :flower:

Biggerfamily, excellent news that the IUI went ahead and DH's count was great :thumbup: Gosh I hope this is the month for all of us.

AFM our embies are still growing :happydance: We will be transferring one 5-day embie on Wednesday. Hoping we will have some to freeze too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->