TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Garfie - i was asking myself the same thing! I just cant lay in these days, but i force myself usually on a Sunday. Yesterday though i woke up and wanted to temp and check what was happening down below, then i was side awake :dohh:

Pippi - i'm glad you got your ov day. As for temping through luteal phase - i think this is something seasoned charters all agree is down to the individual to decide on. It doesn't tell you anything much. Not much fun to see your temps start to drop. I don't bother temping through AF. I think we've spoken about this before - but there is this daft subconscious thing that achieving a good chart GETS you pregnant around ov day, and maybe KEEPS you pregnant in the luteal. I had the window open a bit wide last night and our room was cold when i woke up and i thought OH NO! My temps! lol. :haha: So ... i think do what makes you happy hon. If you like to complete your chart, then temp. If you're happy chucking away the thermometer for a couple of weeks after you get your ov then do it.

DPO20, steady temp, no spotting.

Pressed send too soon!

Butterfly, Maddy, Nice and Maxi - thank you for your [-o< and :dust:

PoP - bless. I would LOVE to come to Jamaica, and i love to hear the language. I believe in natural remedies 100%.

PDMCD - good idea to stop using the tampons for now. I have no problem with them but my youngest has found they give her awful cramps :( Tesco is a big supermarket. Some of them are huge and virtually every town in England has one! I didn't buy a test :coffee: I'm glad your DH is supporting you now :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:dust::dust::dust:

Misty - Love your determination - looking at your chart the dip on CD5 looked good - and what was the spotting on CD14 - I had spotting with this pregnancy but it wasn't like my normal spotting - in fact if I hadn't been looking I wouldn't have seen it:haha: it was that minute:flower:

So I still think everything is looking good for you hun - and remember if you are pregnant ([-o<) your temps will not be reliable now - only a :test: will give you an answer:happydance:

:hugs:

X

Garfie - :hugs::hugs::hugs:

If i remember rightly (as i wasn't paying much attention at the time - thought it was a normal boring cycle) I had a tiny tiny smear of brown when i wiped on DPO13, and a horrible blackish smear on CD14. Both were hardly worth noting, and i didn't record it at the time. I actually went back a couple of days ago and recorded the spotting, just so i would remember. I've had egg whitey mucus on and off the last week or so. I'm just so scared every time i go for a wee! :dohh: This is getting silly now. I'm so frightened of testing though. I don't even want to think about it.

I was going to ask if anybody knows what happens to your temps in the event of ovulation occuring, then missing a period. Not 'cos you're pregnant - just missing it. Do they stay up?? Slip down?? :shrug:

xxxxxxxxxx

I can understand not testing as until you test you sit in a status quo

Lazy Monday morning here love holidays and its sunny and warm! Having a coffee on the deck with the dogs. I wish I could have slept longer though

Misty when I was temping in the beginning on anovulatory months I was erractict but above my cover because your progesterone is up still till af. Mine were up and down like a seesaw though

Are you still having some symptons? How many days are you late now? I'm praying for you to get a bfp!!!

Hi max, and greens

Garfie how are you feeling?

Garfie - so pleased for you, seem really good numbers :thumbup:

Mistyy - you must have great restraint - to be sat in Tesco and not buy a test and use it - I would have been in Tesco toilets :haha:. I missed AF a couple months back and temp was higher until next AF came! no idea reason - only way to be sure is to :test::test:

PdmcD - hope you are over the worst and you can get out and about without worrying .

Hi butterfly - only 4 days until injections, sending ;lots of :dust::dust::dust: to you.

Hi to everyone else, Pipi, Maxi, Pop and anyone else I have missed. Glad to see at least a couple of BFP on here.

Hi Everyone :wave:

Garfie and Maddy - Congratulations!!!!

Mistty - Its looking good. But maybe a test might be in order now???? :winkwink:

Hello to everyone else... Pippi, Butterfly, PDMC, POP, Nice, Maxxi, Booth ( I do hope I haven't forgotten anyone, please excuse my addled brain if I've missed you).

AFM: Well, I don't want to bring a downer on all this happy news but things aren't going to well. My dh has decided he's probably going to take a job in the UAE (only 25 days holiday a year!!!) Although I am working on the freezing swimmers so I can do IUI if he's not here. But the worst news was from my visit to the recurrent miscarriage clinic. It would seem that my prescription for sticky blood (which I've never tested positive for) may have been detrimental so the consultant is testing my clotting factors and running the test again but if all comes back normal then it looks like my presciptions could have complicated matters. My dh is very angry because the last MC happened on the day I injected the prescribed blood thinners. BUT even worse than that they did a US and found I only had a 4mm uterine layer and he's pretty sure after asking me some questions that I have scarring from my D&C last year. So I have to wait 10 weeks for a Hysteroscopy, and if they find anything they will have to cut the scars out and I may have to have a balloon in my uterus while it heals. This is something I was worried about last June and questioned my GP but she did nothing other than a US scan which won't pick up scarring. Scarring can also cause miscarriage! So potentially I've had this scarring since last June and lost another one either from scarring or the precriptions. The wait is going to take about 6 months (waiting for operation, then waiting to heal) and so that impact alone is troubling. Now my AF is nearly 3 days late which I realise could be because there's so little in there but its just another thing to bring me down. I just can't believe this is happening to be honest. Once again, sorry for bringing the board down when so much wonderful, wonderful and potentially more wonderful (Mistty) news at the moment.

Oh no barni, that is not good :growlmad::growlmad: damn they didn't pick that up earlier. I hope you can get some answers :hugs::hugs:

I just came back from the UAE about 18 months ago after 7 years there. Would you not go with him? Maybe you could just sit round the pool and relax for a bit :)

Hello Everyone :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Barnaibibear, Just reading your post bought tears to my eyes.:cry: I am sorry to know what you are going through and the pain you must be currently feeling. What explanation did you get for them giving you the anti clotting agent or could not a simple baby asprin 81mg do the trick. :growlmad: How come the doctor did not pick up on the scaring of the tissue, did she do a vaginal u/s or a scan either way you can see the scars. I am so upset for you and the pain not to imagine losing a child because of this crop. I get so angry and please demand to know exactly what is going on..also can you get a second opinion? I will keep you in my busom and do some heavy praying for you that God pull you through this and that everything work out properly. I need to do some research and speak to my medical self. :angel:

Mistyy...you are more than welcome to come to Jamaica, I have a piece of property in Linstead up in the mountain and this is used for growing oranges so when you enter the country you smell nothing but orange blossom and see the mountains on one side. There is alot of natural trees there as well, jackfruit, banana, yam, apple, nuts, cashew fruit and nuts, cocos most of the tropical fruits etc and these are taken right off the tree and cut just for you. There is the river to swim into or you can catch your own shrimps, you could slide through the forrest visit the caves...many, many things to do...however I live in the Bahamas from the age 10...still go to Jamaica and take friends.

I started using tampom when I first got a period and find that whenever they hurt, it could be any of the following: The tampon is too large she is not passing enough blood for it to be fully wet. When inserted rather than pushing straight it it turn at an angle and can be quite painful more so when it needs to removed. They have teen age tampon which is slender lite purple box.

MISTYY, WILL YOU TEST ALREADY!!!........WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? THE BABY TO BE BORN.

Pdcmd17, I so glad you are feeling much better, you had me worried for a moment there missy....Has it stop completely yet?

Hello booth17, pippi and avm_mom how are you ladies doing? If I miss anyone else please excuse me fogging brain today. Howa are you ladies doinng today.

AFM: I know I am out this month, my temp drop my 97.8 go 95.7, I dont see it climbing back up anytime soon and few symptoms I had is now gone. AF is predicted to start on Saturday of this week to Monday of next so I am doing my count down to AF. I am not sure if this a sign to say I am over 40 this is not going to happen so throw in the towel. I guess I have another decision to make in the next coming two weeks.....

Enjoy the day, I will be heading back to Nassau in a another seven hours so I will try and get something to drink to steady my nerves and end my disappointment. Such is life.... please ladies dont take this as me been in the dumps far from it just a bit razzel thats all.

So sorry to hear the bad time you are having barnibear. I can understand how frustrated you feel about the long road ahead and the delay in identifying the scarring...at our age every month is precious. Yes can you not go to UAE or maybe its too much upheaval for twins and now that you know you need surgical procedures its hard to just drop everything.

Yea we talked about charting before Misty...I took it again this morning so will play it day by day. Its very hard to just stop...might just put the thermometer in a different room before I go to bed and then I can't test. I would like to try not temping and see if I find it liberating.

When are you going to test ...going to wait until a week after af is due and your temps are still up?

Hello Everyone :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

MISTYY, WILL YOU TEST ALREADY!!!........WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? THE BABY TO BE BORN.

Lol lol lol....that's all I can say.

Sorry to hear your temps are dropping Pop...well its not over till af arrives...

Misty - I came on to see if you had updated yet - but no you are keeping us hanging :haha:

Temps are still looking good hun - hoping you have some good news for us soon:happydance:

:hugs:

X

Hello :)

FF is being a pain in the *rse Pippi! It's made my cross hairs dotted, and shoved my 3,2,1,Test! days up as if my average cycle is 32 days long! Only about twice in the last two years of FF have i had a cycle longer than 30 days! I am a 28/29 girl! Grrrrrr.

But thank you for asking :rofl::hugs:

I wanted to say about temping - i think i've said it before - but for the last year or so i've kept my thermometer in the bathroom and done my temping when i get up for a wee before going downstairs or getting dressed. I dont take allot of notice of what time it is (late on a weekend, early in the week, not at all if i've been drinking) and also i'll chat, have a drink, pick up laundry ect before i temp too. Sometimes i'll be sat on the loo with the darn thing hanging out of my mouth having a conversation with one of the kids about where their uniform is or whatever! I just take the reading and that's that. I'm still getting a recognisable pattern 99% of the time. Temping in this house is a very laid back affair :haha: (that's why it's a bit ziggy zaggy too - :shrug: - but it's enough for me)

Barnie - i want to send you lots of hugs. I feel you have been treated badly by your medical people. It's allot of stupid blunders all put together to make life very difficult and very upsetting for you. You poor poor lady. Are you taking steps to ensure you wont be treated by those same people again? Change your GP maybe too? 3 days late you say? How are you feeling? xxxxx

PoP - i really LOL'd at your post. I will test ...

And if i had the money i'd be on a plane to see you in your lovely country this summer! We had to cancel a wonderful holiday to Gambia 2 years ago because of my MC :( (lost all the money becasue the insurance wouldn't pay out, but that's another story :roll:)

Don't give up! 40 is just a number. We're all here plodding away against the odds - but there's always that chance. If you can find a way to ttc without it taking over your mind/relationship/mental health - then that is the way forward. While there's a cycle there's a way!!!

Greens - you're spot on about the status quo, and every one sending prayers and good vibes thank you so so much. I'm in a weird place right now, so is DH, and we are terrified of 'bursting the bubble', so to speak.

Soooo .... tomorrow i'll be a week late. Boobs very sore. Tummy feel odd. Not AF odd - just, odd odd. Very emotional - but that's probably because i'm driving myself mad with what if's :( Dh and i have decided together that we are being silly and i must test. And if everything is the same by Friday i'll test then. Probably. I'm so scared. We've been ttc altogether for just over 3 years, and in all that time i've only had one (confirmed) pregnancy .......... be patient with us! We're trying to enjoy this feeble bit of 'just maybe' at the moment :dohh:

:dust: and hugs to all xxx

Garfie + Butterfly X post. I had to let the guy in with boxes for the move in the middle of my post :haha:

You lot are so lovely :hug:

<sniff>
<sets self off again>

:hugs::hugs::hugs: mistyy. I know I'm a nag but I am so excited for you and that is probably not a good thing to say as it may feel like it puts pressure on so sorry if that is the case :blush: I just don't know how you have the patience but I think I get the waiting, as long as you don't test there is no chance you can't get a 'no' :flower:

We'll be here for you whatever, but I hope it is a good whatever :flower::hugs:

Barnie - i want to send you lots of hugs. I feel you have been treated badly by your medical people. It's allot of stupid blunders all put together to make life very difficult and very upsetting for you. You poor poor lady. Are you taking steps to ensure you wont be treated by those same people again? Change your GP maybe too? 3 days late you say? How are you feeling? xxxxx

Soooo .... tomorrow i'll be a week late. Boobs very sore. Tummy feel odd. Not AF odd - just, odd odd. Very emotional - but that's probably because i'm driving myself mad with what if's :( Dh and i have decided together that we are being silly and i must test. And if everything is the same by Friday i'll test then. Probably. I'm so scared. We've been ttc altogether for just over 3 years, and in all that time i've only had one (confirmed) pregnancy .......... be patient with us! We're trying to enjoy this feeble bit of 'just maybe' at the moment :dohh:

:dust: and hugs to all xxx

Thanks Mistty. I do feel that all this could have been sorted a long time ago and I just see the time and emotional upset we've been through has been for nothing because of the so called professional that I have had to consult. I'm so upset.

Totally understand why you want to enjoy the "maybe" time. It all looks promising, my lovely. We all have our ways of dealing with things, I'm a tester but never an early tester. I just hope after your maybe time that you have a "this really is it time" :cloud9:

So sorry to hear the bad time you are having barnibear. I can understand how frustrated you feel about the long road ahead and the delay in identifying the scarring...at our age every month is precious. Yes can you not go to UAE or maybe its too much upheaval for twins and now that you know you need surgical procedures its hard to just drop everything.

Pippi and Butterfly. It is a possibility for me to go too. (Pippi I wish I had twins but unfortunately its just me as despite pregnancies I still don't have any little ones at home). I need to wait and see how he settles in to his job etc. Its a big thing for me to go. So much is happening all at the same time, my husband and all this medical stuff so its something that I may think about later. I just want to be "fixed" now and thats our priority, which means staying here as I'm already on the list. 1 week down, 9 weeks to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->