TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Apparently I forgot to post to this thread. I mostly did a new thread so I didn't have to figure out which threads I use the most. Lazy, I know.

I am 42 and am cautiously happy with the bfp from 17 January. This definitely has gone farther than the last pregnancy and I am having all of the good old signs: breast tenderness, moodiness like you wouldn't believe, and my bestest buddy morning sickness. I'm told these are all good signs. That can be hard to remember while visiting the porcelain deity.

Just doing what came naturally has us expecting. I am waiting until after 12 weeks for any real announcements and I am still trying to convince myself it is real. A little worried and a long set of months ahead but we are on the baby train!

Congrads!!:happydance:

hey nise
don't have a journal- no idea how to do that and would prob would forget to update anyway lol ! just concentrating on losing a bit of weight now and trying to get fit xx

Apparently I forgot to post to this thread. I mostly did a new thread so I didn't have to figure out which threads I use the most. Lazy, I know.

I am 42 and am cautiously happy with the bfp from 17 January. This definitely has gone farther than the last pregnancy and I am having all of the good old signs: breast tenderness, moodiness like you wouldn't believe, and my bestest buddy morning sickness. I'm told these are all good signs. That can be hard to remember while visiting the porcelain deity.

Just doing what came naturally has us expecting. I am waiting until after 12 weeks for any real announcements and I am still trying to convince myself it is real. A little worried and a long set of months ahead but we are on the baby train!

yeah hope for us all - congrats xx

Congratulations :happydance: that's great news and I'm glad all is going well with the symptoms even if they are a bit uncomfortable at least they are comforting! :hugs:

Congratulations ciarhwyfar!!!!

Hello everyone! My name is Maria and I'm 39 years old.... will be 40 in 2 days. DH is 39 years old. We both have kids, but not together. We've been TTC since we got married 6 years ago (we were 33). I wasn't really trying, but not preventing either. I finally went to a fertility clinic and they said we're unexplained fertility. Its frustrating but I'm not giving up. I had 3 IUI's but they didn't work. I'm going for our first (better be last) IVF at the end of March. I just want my little baby, is that so hard? I pray every morning, I watch all kinds of baby shows, I eat healthy, we take our vitamins, I'm even buying pregnancy magazines to see if Law of Attraction works LOL I am ready. I wasn't ready a few years ago and I wasn't really sure if I wanted a 4th child, but I feel ready now. I lay in bed and talk to my baby, tell him/her how much I love it.

Good luck ladies! Sending everyone baby dust!

Congrats Ciar! stories like yours give us oldies HOPE!!
I am just about to embark on Cycle #4 of TTC number 3 and I am 40. I tried Soy last cycle but don't think it's worked as AF pains bad yesterday and today. Might try Vit B6 as well this cycle and maybe pre-seed :shrug:
FX'd for your IVF Mibebe....not long to go now :hugs:

well ive given up taking the soy its just not working for me and so i have decided to have all the things they say you shouldnt and ust let nature do her best , although i was intrigued to see if im ovulating this month and have bought opk's just to see but apart from that its all up to her (mother nature) now the ball is in her court, ive had it with all the trying as im 44 and i have had enough but to anyone else now trying it it does work for loads just not me .

I stopped the Soy this cylce and used Royal Jelly with Bee Pollen instead. Read up on that and see what you think. It tastes nasty but I feel it working and my libido has been off the chain even though I've been sick a few days out of the cycle. Here's hoping it gives me my BFP this month~!

Hi ladies. I have 3 kids, the last one conceived aged 37. Ive just turned 40 today!! And ttc #4. Haven't been on BC since my LO birth so was NTNP . Started charting in July 2010 after having a chemical pregnancy the month before. Since then nothing but refuse to give up hope. It's nice to read of us older ladies getting a bfp and will be even better when we read of these ladies posting news of the birth. Good luck to everyone here and here's to reading more lovely stories of hope xx

happy birthday hun , and lets hope all of us yet to get our BFP will get them really soon.
I have had enough of feeling deflated and having not a lot of energy so have strated to take vit B complex this morning so am really hoping that it helps.
I am a bit worried tho coz im also taking pregnacare and asprin ( the asprin i have no choice over its for my heart but hey if it helps), so what i want to know is could this be too much and would it harm trying to get pregnant?
Im 44 and this is my last year of ttc as i have now been trying for over 3 years , all tests we were offered came back with great results but now we are 44 and 47 they dont want to know or will help us so we are out on our own and really hoping that one day it will work for us .
Good Luck everyone xxx

happy birthday hun , and lets hope all of us yet to get our BFP will get them really soon.
I have had enough of feeling deflated and having not a lot of energy so have strated to take vit B complex this morning so am really hoping that it helps.
I am a bit worried tho coz im also taking pregnacare and asprin ( the asprin i have no choice over its for my heart but hey if it helps), so what i want to know is could this be too much and would it harm trying to get pregnant?
Im 44 and this is my last year of ttc as i have now been trying for over 3 years , all tests we were offered came back with great results but now we are 44 and 47 they dont want to know or will help us so we are out on our own and really hoping that one day it will work for us .
Good Luck everyone xxx

Ah thanks hun for birthday wishes :) Dont worry about taking the b complex with the pregnacare and aspirin. I take a conception multi vit, epo, omega plus, vit b complex 100 and a multi concoction of chinese herbs prescribed by my acupuncturist!!!! I should rattle when i walk !
Also i know just how deflated you feel month after month :hugs:
I know everyone has there limit of how much they can take and i respect that but there is always hope when you read and hear of similar aged ladies finally getting a bfp. I have 2 friends in their 40s pregnant, 1 is 42 the other is 43, 44 when she gives birth ! Tons of babydust to ou hun xxxx

Ooo Happy Birthday Mrs DH - hope you had a great day and are having a great night as I type! :cake:

Ooo Happy Birthday Mrs DH - hope you had a great day and are having a great night as I type! :cake:
Thank you very much Nise xx had a very nice day and night too !!! xx

well i got really freaked out last night Sorry but too much info coming !!!!!!!!!! :oops:
i had at about 6pm last night a caramel coloured cm in my undies and was a bit confused but when i wiped it was the normal clear/white cm that i normally have at ov ( im at ov now) so i changed my undies and didnt think anymore about it. Anyway last night we dtd and found that we were covered in a thin looking brown/light red cm well to say the least it completely freaked us out and i spoke to a nurse this morning as she says that it perfectly normal and to dtd today and tomorrow as it is a really good sign that an egg is on its way down so we are planning to get really busy later. I still have a little caramel coloured cm on a towel that i am now wearing just incase but nothing when i wipe just the normal ov cm
Has anyone else had this and found that they were pregnant at the end of their cycle ????

:happydance: congrats on your :bfp: :happydance:

Inkdchick, I've never experienced this personally, but fantastic news that the Nurse says it is a good sign. I wish you a truck load of luck for this cycle and it's exciting twist. :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: There, that should help too. :hugs:

hi inkdchick :wave: i havent heard of that before but you never know it could be a good sign ,i have seen you in other threads and really hope you get your :bfp: soon when i was trying for my last :baby::baby: i also started to think that it might not happen for me so said to myself that i wasnt going to obsess any more and just let nature take its course if it happened good and if not then thats fine and it was at the end of that cycle surprisingly i got my bfp aged 42, i definately think a relaxed aproach helps good luck and lots of :dust:
glitterqueen good luck with losing the pounds , i lost 5 last week in my local shop then some kid found it when i walked away :haha: but seriously excercise, oo rather you than me :eek:
mibebe good luck with the ivf next month hoping you won`t need it and get you :bfp: before then
hi mrsdh and welcome hope you soon get your :bfp:
good luck every1 else and heres lots of :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

hey inkedchick-sounds positive all the luck in the world hun x
maryanne67- lol- that sound like the only pounds i could lose at the min and my exercise would be bending down to pick it up xx

well an update is that we dtd again last night and the blood was definately lighter and not so much of it and it was all back to normal by mid morning today and all clear/white cm again so think that ov is now over, thank god its a bit worrying when you have never had it before and i think that a night off will be a good idea tonight to catch up on sleep and let those litte spermies find the one or two eggs that have now been released LOL.
Apparantly over 40's can release more than one egg each time we ovulate as its our bodies way of clearing out all eggs left ready for the menopause - nice but OMG can you imagine - well twins would be nice , one shot get the lot as they say.

Good Luck to everyone xxxx :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Oh goodluck...its about time you had some of it inkdchick. Really hope you get your bfp! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->