TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Good luck misty for tomorrow....hope baby will be as active as last time.

Hi again. I have returned. Misty - omg is all i can say well and congrats!
As for me we moved. I went to see a FS here and unfortunately my FSH is 16. They called with my AMH results and I missed the call but I'm guessing that number isn't great either. I have another appt with the FS next Friday to go over options but I'm afraid she'll say no to the IVF. I am continuing to ovulate so I'm trying the old fashioned but I'll be upset for sure if IVF is a no go. Anyway that's my update. Hi to everyone else.

Hi maxxi, good to see you. Sorry the fsh is not as good as it might be although I have seen people get naturally preggo on that number :thumbup:

Mistyy good luck. Will you post a pic of bubba here as you don't have a journal? Ooh and you will find out if :blue: or :pink: :happydance:

AFM my scan went well although I get results in the post in a week. Bubba was waving and measuring a few days ahead :happydance:

I just wanted to pop in and say Hi. Have been really really crazy busy but currently have a broken ankle so taking advantage of bum time :) I have read back over a few pages but obviously way way way too many to totally catch up or reply to individual postings etc.

So huge hugs t those that have lost, those that have had their hearts broken, those that feel they cannot go on and any and every bit of baby dust I can sprinkle is all yours. Misty was that you on the BNB FB page? Did someone roll out Holly here for that one :)

Miss C :happydance::happydance: I was thinking about you just the other day! Can't believe Ziggy is 14 months old :cloud9:

OMG that IS really weird i too was thinking of you yesterday MissC! :wave: The last thing I remember you saying was that you were feeling less than euphoric after having bubba. I think of that sometimes and wonder how you are. I have found since i got my BFP that my emotions are all over the place. Catches you by surprise. It wasn't me on FB. I don't have a FB account (only one in the world?). Lovely to see you popping in. Hope the ankle heals quickly xxxxx

Butterfly - oh so glad your scan went well. A few days ahead? Oooh. Big bubba do you think? I would love to post a pic here. I'll give it a go. (technophobe) We are hoping to find out the gender of baby today. I am rather hung up on everything just being ok right now. Was tearful last night :nope:

Maxi - :wave: sorry to hear the results were a little disappointing. Not too up on what they mean exactly - but :hugs: and hand holding here as always. As butterfly says, you never know whats in store - so chin up. Will you give IVF a go?

Pippi - thank you :friends: i will update later. The scan is at 3.30 today. <nibbles nails> Re: people noticing bump: I recently bumped into our neighbour from our old village (we moved in May) She didn't know about the pregnancy as we left just as i got my BFP and i hadn't told her then as it was such early days. I have only told one or two old friends (+ family) who i am likely to see as i don't want the situation i was in before happening again. ie: the whole darned village where we used to live knowing i'm pregnant. When it all went wrong last time i couldn't leave the house without someone asking how it was going and over and over i had to keep telling folk i had lost the baby :( :( I know allot of people from that village because i worked at the primary school there for 8 years. Anyway neighbour saw the bump and was thrilled for us, bless her. It'll all round the village now though i expect, as she is no.1 news spreader :dohh::haha:

Hope you've been drinking that water.
<whispers> Your chart this month looks different to the others. That's all i'm saying :winkwink::thumbup:

:dust::dust::dust: and more :dust:

Misty - Ooooh not long to wait until you see your very own movie star - any guesses on gender?:happydance:

AFM - Not sure where I am in my cycle not temped this month as I was away - so I guess I am just waiting :coffee::coffee::coffee: hope I don't have to wait 7 weeks like last time for her to show:growlmad:

:hugs:

X

Garfie I'm thinking that you have had your one off :wacko: cycle and now hopefully things can settle back to normal for you :hugs:

Mistyy I think :pink: for you :happydance:

Misty hope the scan today goes brilliantly :hugs:

BF I am so glad that you got a wave or two :thumbup: Those stubby little arms and legs make everything seem more real I think.

AFM 21 weeks today and it does occasionally feel like :blue: is playing :football: in there!

Maddy! a :blue:! Congratulations! :happydance:

Garfie :wave: i hope your cycle doesn't mess you around this month. When should the witch be due?

AFM - scan went brilliantly. Thank you all for your good vibes. And the baby is .......... :pink: A girl! Well done butterfly :happydance: So happy i could just burst! The baby is fine, very leggy! Last time i saw her she was like a cute little hippo swimming about. All tummy and little stubby arms and legs. Now she's all in proportion and there's these long limbs flexing - no wonder i've felt some little kicks.

:dust::dust::dust:

Misty - That's great news hun :happydance: you must be on :cloud9: so where are the pics :winkwink:

No idea when I'm due - going by old cycles due sometime soon:wacko: had cramping all day so been a bit grumpy:growlmad:

Will test again tomorrow unless she pays a visit - :haha: you never know I may have a sneaky BFP:hugs:

:hugs:

X

Brilliant news misty...well now at least when the news spreads among the village you can be pretty confident you won't have to go through what happened before.

Another dd...a house full of girls. You dh will be feeling out numbered.

Not doing great on the old water front but will try be more conscientious. I'm still not excited by my chart...despite what you are 'not saying' ! I expect af in the next 2-3 days.

Glad all going well maddy also. And lovely scan yday butterfly.

Hope af shows soon Garfie, i never stopped temping after all...I really like to know where I am in my cycle. I have stopped temping between ovulation and af for a few days as its less stressful...as otherwise I spend my time looking/hoping for triphasic or high temps.

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well :thumbup:

Just trying to catch up on all the posts since my last visit which seems an age ago.

Mistyy - :happydance::happydance: a DD , great news, so pleased for you, over half way there :)

Garife - hope you get the sneaky BFP, you never know when they can creep up and if not that AF appears.

Butterfly - 13 weeks - wow - hope you are feeling the glow now x

Hi and :wave: to Maddy, Miss C , Barni and anyone who i have forgotten (has been a while ).

AFM, been busy with school holidays and been travelling in the USA so fortunately not had time to think of TTC, back to normality now and now have realised that if it is meant to be it will happen. I am still charting ovulation but seems to have gone to every other month.

Ta Ta for now

:hi: hi booth, great to see you. Ooh travelling to the US sounds like you have had a fun summer :plane: :thumbup:

Hi all :wave:

I'm back from :plane: and live to tell the tale :haha: Airports still confuse me completely but I've managed to get there and back. I have found out that there's lots of queuing and lots of waiting in airports and that flying seems to involve alot of eating! Oh my goodness I have done a lot of eating :pizza: and drinking :wine: this last week. Put on 4 pounds!!!......in a week!!!! .... what a greedy piggy I've been!!!

Unfortunately flying hasn't agreed with me and since the first flight out I have felt like i'm in a lift/on a :boat:. Most bizarre. I'm hoping that this will disappear soon.

Mistty - A :pink:..... :happydance:
Maddy - A :blue:... :happydance:

So we have one of each.... Brill. :hugs:

Garfie - The second cycle should move towards some sort of normal, then the third behaving how you know it. (Well, thats my experience anyway)

Booth - :wave:

Miss C - :wave: Great to hear from you again.

Pippi - Hi hun.

Maxxi - Good luck for Friday

Butterfly - Great news on the scan :happydance:

AFM... Too much to tell to be honest. Thanks Mistty for getting angry for me about the consultant. He was awful. On my return to the UK I had another letter from London, stating I may have high Antiphospholid anticario somethings. No actual numbers, and again saying I never turned up to the appointment for follow up tests Grrr :growlmad::growlmad:. So, there may be something useful but I don't know. I've added this letter to my complaint, apart from the fact it says that something might be wrong but given me nothing to use with another doctor, they also sent it to a GP I've never heard of, at a doctors practise I've never been to. Well done!!! :dohh::dohh:

I think I may be on Day 1, but it seems to be stopping now so I'm not sure whether to say its day 1 or not, waiting to see what tomorrow brings. I meant to be starting the IUI medications on day 3 so this flow no flow makes it more difficult to work out which is day 3.

Rambled on far too much now so .... I'm going to wobble off now on my imaginary :boat:

I have been reading a little more of your posts and had a cry and a laugh along the way.

A very brief update and will be super candid.

After having Ziggy I had the roughest time possible, he fed every 2 hours, I was exhausted, had a complete meltdown, went to doctors and got diagnosed with depression and anxiety. Was so relieved to have an answer. I was not bonding with Ziggy, I felt like I was purely adding him to the list of things I had to do. He was just this screaming feeding pooping machine. I took him to docs, to chiropractor had him checked and an ultrasound for reflux, all came up negative and yet still he screamed and screamed. I could not work out why I was not ecstatic that he was finally here after all that we had been through. And then nearly losing him at the final step. Depression is a ******* and now I will not get back that first 6 months with him. It is now only with hindsight that I can see where things were going wrong, why he screamed so much and fed so much etc etc etc. He is now 14 months and the funniest little creature I have ever come across so full of personality he may just pop at some point.

I am so overwhelmed with love for both my boys and my hubby that sometimes I cry cos I am so so so very grateful. It sucks that it was such a hard journey but I just want to say to those of you in here that no matter what hang in there. Make your choices and decisions and simply follow your hearts. Do not let anyone tell you to not try or give up unless that is what is in your hearts.

Love to you all. I will stop by every now and then and follow your progress and if anyone is on facebook that I am not friends with check me out or join the bnbbuddies group. My real name is Carolyn Thompson and my pic is of me with a shaved head that I did for Shave for A Cure after losing my mum to cancer.

Well done Carolyn (MissCarolyn :D) for being so honest about those first months. I imagine many many new mums, who have struggled with ttc, feel they are not able to admit to being anything except blissful joy. Perhaps the fact that ttc has been a long journey ADDS to the pressure to find everything rosey, and therefore makes the whole new baby/first baby experience even more stressful. I'm so glad to hear you are ok now, and enjoying ziggy. He sounds wonderful!

You've bought back memories, i can identify with those frightening feelings. With my first DD i was very young, very un-maternal, (unplanned pregnancy) and felt about 100 miles out of my depth. Every single aspect of parenting a new baby came as a horrible shock. The noise, the pains, the smells, the logistics of getting out of the house,the laundry, the barrage of conflicting advice from family, the feeling your body and your home is no longer private property, the feeling that you are now constantly 'on duty', 24/7 for the nest 16 years! The feeling that all this work will never be rewarded! It felt like the biggest mistake of my life :nope:

At some point after the first few weeks i fell in love with being a mum though. DD1, bless her, was a good baby. I just wasn't prepared. I went on to have DD2 and DD3 and found it a breeze. Loved it all. Even with 3 under 5. I knew what to expect and i knew the difficult bits do pass.

Now it's taken me 4 years of ttc to get to this stage, I guard my heart against expecting it all to be plain sailing. I think about the baby i lost. I worry about how i will feel when she arrives. I know that PND is not something you can prevent, and it's not anyone's fault. On a lighter note I worry because i cant even remember how to do the bedding for a mosses basket! :haha: Hoping it will all come back to me when baby comes.

Barnie - glad to have you back and i'm glad you had a good trip. Angry again for you! What is the matter with this London clinic?!?!?!?! :dohh:

Booth - sounds like you had a lovely summer travelling. Good to put ttc to the back of your mind for a while :thumbup::thumbup:

Pippi - Oh poo. Just checked your chart :( I still think it looked different to your others. More text book low temp, big lift, dip, then steady a higher temp. Hugs my lovely - onwards and upwards. How's hubbys ankle? Whats the thoughts on HIV again? Yes, a house full of girls here :haha: (we also have a female cat, a female rabbit, a female guinea pig, + a female hamster) DHs only ally is the other cat who is only partly male as he's neutered :haha:

AFM - all good. Bump getting bigger. Rock hard! Been buying a few bits. Dug out old mosses basket from loft and it's in perfect nick so we are going to use it. (new bedding obviously). However my old pushchair is past it. DH wants a new one anyway. His first baby. They are soooooo expensive though. even on ebay! (i have my eye on a particular make :dohh::dohh:)

Love to all, and :dust::dust::dust:

Miss C, I am dreading all the things you have mentioned :dohh: So glad that you are now enjoying Ziggy though :hugs:

Mistyy, well done for keeping all that stuff in the loft :thumbup: A friend of mine has offered me her old pushchair which I am very grateful of as I do hear they are a lot of money. If it was good enough for her it's good enough for me :haha:

Hi ladies, it's been ages since I've posted but u have been stalking and following progress.
AFM, I can't remember what I last updated so in brief going through an ICSI cycle, probably my last so all pins on this. Had 4 eggs collected 30th Aug, all fertilised, 3 x 10 cell embryos out back on day 3. The fourth failed to grow to Blast so no frostie. So now on 2WW and tomorrow is test day. Last week I was convinced I was pregnant, then on Monday, Tues this week had really bad cramps and really felt like AF was on her way, v emotional and of course had a good old cry about the whole thing. Since then cramps have massively reduced to almost nothing, trying not to hope it wasn't implantation as I am fairly certain I'm not pregnant, but until I test I won't know. I haven't tested early as part of me is scared of the negative and right now I still have a slither of hope. Big day tomorrow, wish me luck! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->