TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Good luck Pussycat :happydance::happydance:

AFM - I will also be testing tomorrow - but as I've had BFN for the last few days, reckon my body is just still screwed:cry:

Love to all the ladies, I will catch up soon - have been at work today so now got to do all the housy things to catch up:haha:

:hugs:

X

Good luck Pussycat and Garfie :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Butterfly - i packed away the mosses basket, the pushchair, the cot, some shawls, a couple of puffy outdoor body suits and some little shoes. The cot is a family cot (my dad, me, + 3DDs have been in it) but is so rickity now we might get a new one. The pushchair did 10 years active service altogether with me and it was 2nd hand when i got it, so it's done well. It's more knackered than i remembered though :dohh: The ebay stuff i'm looking at is 2nd hand too, of course, but all the good stuff seems to be up in the Manchester area for some reason! :haha::shrug: They must treat their prams really well up there! (I'm after an iCandy Strawberry with carry cot)(due to the price i think it should be named i^Watering^ Candy)

xxxx

Good luck for tomorrow pussycat...you kept that quiet going for your ivf ;-)
Really hope for a bfp...
If not i hope you get through tomorrow ok as I know how stressful otd is...

Ha ha misty, at your dh being the only male apart from a neutered cat ! Its a pity you can't use the cot....so nice to think you dad and you and kids raised in it. Maybe Manchester has a lot of people having babies at the minute ??

Thanks for the consolation about af..onwards and upwards. Maybe my charts are looking better due to the thyroid medication i started but af is definitely lighter. Don't ever need the super long winged pads anymore ! Well hopefully dh will be in better form for some bd this month.
Yea we are going to go for ivf (see your predictive text changed it to HIV !!!) once more....its got delayed due to dh ankle. Plan was to cycle in October but due to the slow progress of his ankle I'm not sure if he'll be up to travelling etc in 6 weeks. Have to make the decision next week if we want to try in October. Otherwise I have to wait till start of December as can't get time off in November.

A colleague was in work today with her 4 months old dd... so cute and interactive....
But just can't go there thinking I'll ever have one....

Hi miss c, really honest post there and glad things have turned around for you.

Maxxi - good luck at the FS on Friday :flower:

Garfie & Pusscat - FX the tests yield good news. Waiting :coffee:to hear.

Misty - another :pink: for you! Are the older ones a bit more excited now?

Pippi, Booth, Barnabibear, MissC & anyone I missed :hugs: and :kiss:

AFM 22 weeks today and no appointments for another month. In the past week I seem to have exploded outwards! Until 21 weeks I just looked overweight but now I have a very defined, hard baby bump :happydance:

Pussycat - so sorry hun :cry:

BFN - for me to - guess it's just the progesterone keeping my temps up and maybe I should just stop taking it (but then a little part of me thinks what if......) oh decisions decision :coffee::coffee::coffee:

X

:cry::hugs:

Pussycat and Garfie i am so sorry.

Pussycat - the end? really? :hugs: :(

Garfie - i empathise with 'decisions''decisions' and what if ... If only we had a little glass panel in our bodies and could SEE what we needed to do.

Maddy - 22 weeks! Congrats :thumbup: Yes DDs are VERY excited. (more excited than i would have been at their age!)

Pippi - i am sincerely sorry about the HIV typo. It's entirely possible i did actually type that and that it wasn't an auto correct. I have been typing/writing/talking goboldy gook allot recently. Blaming it on the hormones :haha:) Glad to hear plans are in place. Weeks will fly by till Dec. Did you know it's only 15 Saturdays till xmas apparently :shock:

:dust::dust::dust:

Thanks for your kind words and support. Really it was our last chance using my eggs, we're self funded and so far all we've paid for is tears. I think if we try again we'd be throwing our money away, there has to be a limit.
Butterfly, you got your BFP with DE? That's what I'm going to talk to the consultant about at my follow up appointment. BF isn't keen as he thinks this whole process is causing me too much pain, he finds it hard to see that the alternative would be even worse. I'll read your blog to try and get some tips, but if there's any questions you think I should ask I'd love to hear your advise. xx

Yes at my age I decided that there was no point using my own eggs. If I had been a few years younger though it would have been a tricky choice for sure :thumbup:

Feel free to ask any questions I might be able to help with. Are you in the UK? I think I remember you are. If so there are lots of options available in Europe which may be quicker and cheaper than the Uk. Examples are Czech (although I think yu have to be married), Spain, Greece. You could also choose to do donor embryo rather than donor egg which is way cheaper (less than £2k) but obviously then no genetic link to either of you.

I guess the main thing to ask is the success rate. At my clinic it was 57% but I think there are some that are even higher. And I only put one embryo back so odds are higher with 2.

Xxx :hugs:

Lost everything i had just typed so I'll keep this brief....

Pussy so so sorry to hear. Don't make any decisions at the moment...let the disappointment settle in and think about how you want to proceed. Get throught this tough time...without worrying whether you'll go again.

Misty...no need to apologies for the HIV/ivf thing. When I email dh from work and mention it i code it fiv ! I do that too when I'm tierd....muddle (ironically when i re-read this it had changed muddle to middle) all my words up....and that's with no baby on board.

Waves to maddy, butterfly..glad all goign well.
Garfie...did whoever gave you the progesterone not tell when you should stop it?

Dh walking (v slowly though) with only one crutch when I came home from work...so got a nice surprise. So if he keeps this up we might be good for ivf in October.

Pussycat and Garfie - I'm sorry :-(
Maddie and Butterfly - I missed saying congrats too!

My appt was better than expected. My AMH is ok for my age and I have 9 follicles so they're ok trying a cycle of IVF. I still have to do the water sono before anything so I guess on Monday they'll call to schedule. Hi to everyone else.

Pippi glad DH is getting back on his feet and ivf in oct may be a go :happydance:

Maxxi good news for you too in getting ivf up and running :happydance:

Morning Ladies

Just quickly popping in - looks like I'm out this month (again):growlmad:

Anyway just off to visit a centre - to see if we can get Wills to associate with children who have the same condition as him - wish me luck because he is not what you would call a social butterfly:haha:

Will check back soon

Good luck to all the ladies who are going/ waiting for the IVF route - I won't be one of them:cry:

X

How did it go at the center Garfie?

Maxi - :thumbup: and :happydance: for the good results. And excited for you about IVF schedule :thumbup:

Pippi - oooooh IVF in October! <rubs hands together> Excited for you too :happydance:

Pussycat - i totally empathise with you. The reason DH and i never wanted to go down the IVF route is that it would have crippled us financially - literally - and that would have been for one go - and i can imagine having he same feelings as you in that situation if the one shot didn't pay off - ''i've just paid for tears''. Bless you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: will you try with DE?

It's such an individual thing. The cost. The mental toll. So full of admiration for ladies going down that route - all strength to you all :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:wave: @ Butterfly and everyone reading

xxxxxxxxxx

Hii everyone

Pussycat - Im so sorry, my lovely. The emotional and financial toll...... :hugs:

Maxxi - Great news. All systems go!

Pippi - Fingers crossed for October.

Garfie - Whats going on with your chart? Its looking interesting???

Mistyy, Maddy and Butterfly - :wave:

Sorry if ive missed anyone. There's been loads of posts since I was last on.

AFM... Ive had my biopsy results from the hysteroscopy........ not sure what it means but apparently I have disordered endometrial proliferation. So im presuming this is the reason for my thin lining. But how to make it better, I don't know. The FS has just put that treatment (IUI protocol) should continue as is. I hope that means that what im taking helps. I just wish I understood, so many things to worry about, is this the cause of my miscarriages or a symptom of something else??? Going for a U/S scan and blood test on Weds to see how many follicles are growing, size etc and look at my lining wuth a view to deciding when the IUI will take place. I don't want to hope to much but then if I don't whats the point in trying. Everything rests on these IUIs now and the treatment the FS prescribes. Not to mention the cost!!!!!!

Hi everyone!
Maxi, great number of follies! What's the other test for? Hope it all goes your way.
Pippi, fx for October, it's just round the corner!
Garfie, hope all went well!
Barnibear, good luck tomorrow, it frustrates me that they tell you these things but don't explain what it means or the implications. However the fact that they want to go ahead with IUI can't be bad.
Misty, whether we go ahead with DE depends pretty much on cost, chances of success etc Suspect egg sharing in this country will be more cost effective but going to ask about Prague and DE overseas. Overseas donors can stay anonymous, which has its advantages, however if we do go down the DE route and it's successful, I'd be happier to know that if need be (thinking rare genetic abnormalities etc) the genetic mother could be traced. I know the chances are very very low but I'd feel happier. Keep you posted after tomorrows appointment! I'm still waiting for AF too. Kat, we'll be back to the 'bedroom Science lab' this month too, syringes at the ready! Not the most romantic! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->