TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

its true what your doc has told you hun you just have to believe it and i wish you all the best hun x

Hi I'm kinda new here. I am 40 and TTC with my hubby of 11 months. Just got the news Tuesday that his sperm count is 3.9 million, so VERY low.. we are BD'ing but will likely be going the way of IVF after this month. I just need a warm and cozy place to nestle in until we get a BFP..

Good luck and sticky, sticky baby dust to us all..
:hugs:

Hi guys,

a quick update - so clinic apmt went very well yesterday. Signed all the consent forms, had blood tests done for egg reserve (AMH) and hep c, hiv and rubella. Hubster had some too. Depending on egg reserve results we'll find out what my drug protocol will be in 2 weeks time. Am due to start treatment at next af, so beginning of March. Get up to 3 eggs put in so hope can mature enough eggs and make good enough embryos for the process. Very exited yet cautious....here's to hope and luck!!

:dust: to all!! xxx

Hi Mamma Mia, fingers crossed for a BFP soon for you which ever route you decide to take :hugs:

Omi, sounds exciting that things are progressing for you...FX'd for a 2011 BFP!!

LOL thought for a bit of a giggle i would pee on an opk this morning expecting nothing to show and i got a faint positive, not sure what that means but will definately now test on thursday next week lol, well just to see if this opk result means anything :shrug:

I did that last cycle, didn't mean anything for me though :shrug: I still seem to get faint lines even after OV right up to AF. I think if the test line is as dark as the control line......well that would prob be a BFP or a late Ov.

LOL i have already OV'd as i had ov spotting this cycle so knew when i did, i only did it coz it was the last one left and i wont be doing them next cycle lol didnt go by any result really but was suprised to see a line there but threw it out lol. So will wait til the 17th or just after and test as i have a few symptoms that are really good and after the ov bleed im really hoping they are all good.
Good luck Omi xx

Fingers and toes crossed for you Inkdchick, I genuinely hope this is your month :hugs:

I know you're on the Soy thread I frequent too :winkwink: My 2nd cycle of taking it CD2-6 this time and I had pos OPK yesterday on CD10, today CD11 negative. I also took Vit B6 this time as seemed to be ov'ing really late previous cycles so if nothing gained this cycle I know I have tried my best.
I feel I have done everything I can this cycle, with Soy all the Vit's, using OPK's even started charting BBT's and using Conceive Plus, using the Smep method too.......phew :sleep:

Hi inkdchick I am also testing 17th/18th.......here's to 2 BFPs x

Hi ladies,

Can I join your party, even if I am a bit late? I'm 42 and had a MMC at 12 weeks in November and have yet to return to any sort of normal cycle. I'm currently living in Scotland, but am headed back to the States to have surgery on a torn shoulder and to get all of my hormones and things tested, since I cannot seem to get anywhere here with the NHS.

Anyone have trouble getting back onto a regular cycle after their MC? If so, what did you to do reset yourself? Feeling panicky and desperate that I'm "out" of eggs.

glowstar try to relax and not worry about what you have taken or havent coz at he end of the day its gonna happen if you take something or not, that not thinking about it will help.
I gave up literally two months ago but took my prenatals as usual coz i have to take asprin for my heart every morning so i take it with that and dont think anything of it anyways this cycle not thinking about where i was in my cycle i had OV bleed on cd 9 and 10 and OV'd on cd 11 which was the 5th feb, since 5 dpo i have had mild cramping low down all across bottom of tummy, when i crouch i feel hard and tight down there, lots of watery/wet creamy cm, boobs starting to get sore and nipps tender boobs are swollen and i have a low backache , peeing loads, but coz i normally get things similar to this i have shrugged it all off.
6dpo i got a positive on an opk ( but that was for fun didnt want to throw out unused lol), stabbing pains in boobs and overall no energy and knackered dont want to get out of bed before lunchtime ! and drining orange juice and lemonade which i dont normally touch so , i was so lightheaded on and off yesterday afternoon evening too and i am eating well so hope thats good too.
there thats what i have been getting and havent thought twice about and only think about when i come on here thats why om not on that often and only to answer posts or messages. Good Luck hun and relax xx

Hi ladies,

Can I join your party, even if I am a bit late? I'm 42 and had a MMC at 12 weeks in November and have yet to return to any sort of normal cycle. I'm currently living in Scotland, but am headed back to the States to have surgery on a torn shoulder and to get all of my hormones and things tested, since I cannot seem to get anywhere here with the NHS.

Anyone have trouble getting back onto a regular cycle after their MC? If so, what did you to do reset yourself? Feeling panicky and desperate that I'm "out" of eggs.

dont think about it hun , most of us here have had m/c and have gone on to have a very healthy baby after so dont worry it will happen when you relax, just take your prenat vits and get on with your days as they come and good luck with your shoulder op, o and you do have eggs left if you are still having a regular bleed and ovulating, you still have eggs please try and concentrate on that shoulder and the rest will follow xx

Hi samian

I am also 42 and had a 12 week m/c in November, sorry for you that we have so much in commom :-( The thing that really got me is that I had (foolishly?) thought I was ok for having made it so far and think it hit me worse that I let my guard down, I really really hope I'm pregnant by June 4th. I have my regular cycle back but have been seeing a herbalist and believe her potions have worked wonders in facilitating this. May be something for you to consider? Thinking of you x

Girls please please read this before you even think about taking ASPRIN !!!

I was put on asprin for my heart i suffer with S.V.T. (supra Ventricular Tachycardia), and have been on it for nearly a year. In that year i have had 4 early miscarriages and was at the end of my tether and very upset as all the fertility tests that we went through couldnt pin point any problem with us concieving and that we should fall really easy.

I have just been to my local BOOTS chemist to purchase more Pregnacare Healthy conception vits and the chemist himself asked me to go into the consulting room for a chat. In there he asked me if i was the lady who was taking asprina dn i said yes and he told me in no uncertain terms to STOP taking it as it causes miscarriages.
He explained :- when you fall pregnant and the egg develops into a feotus the asprin transforms the little bundle into a clot of blood cells and expells it between 5 and 12 weeks depending. You can imagine how i felt , relieved to know why this has been ahppening and angry that my GP knew that we were trying to concieve but still put me on the asprin.
So on Monday i will be making an appointment to go to see the GP and get referred to a cardiologist to get a different medication that wont harm the trying to form baby and that will help with ttc and having a healthy baby.

So please please DO NOT TAKE ASPRIN GIRLS NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT IT HELPING BECAUSE IT DOES'NT

Hi samian

I am also 42 and had a 12 week m/c in November, sorry for you that we have so much in commom :-( The thing that really got me is that I had (foolishly?) thought I was ok for having made it so far and think it hit me worse that I let my guard down, I really really hope I'm pregnant by June 4th. I have my regular cycle back but have been seeing a herbalist and believe her potions have worked wonders in facilitating this. May be something for you to consider? Thinking of you x

you will be ok hun i promise just try not to think about it i know thats hard but its taen me a long time to forget about trying and so far i think it may have worked even the chemist this morning ( see above post) thought that i could be but to stop taking the asprin and then it will happen as he says that i am really relaxed so he sees no reason why it wouldnt so try hun and i wsh you all the best xxx

Ink...your symptoms sound really promising :winkwink:

How disappointing though to find out that the Aspirin could be actually stopping you from holding on to a pregnancy, I bet you're really angry with your GP :growlmad: I hope they give you something else ASAP!!!

me too but i have to now wait for an appointment with a cardiologist to get something else and that could take a while but hey ho would rather be pregnant than take anything else to be honest. And thank you i hope they are too its been a long time coming xx

That's interesting Inkdchick, lucky the Chemist was paying attention! I think the problem with Doctors is that they knee jerk react to just one thing and don't always consider the bigger picture - did yours know you were ttc.

Hope everyone is well, sorry I've been a bit mia recently but work is keeping me very busy. On a ttc note, I stopped temping after O was confirmed and am now completely in the dark and just getting on with stuff. AF is due on Valentines day - how romantic am I :rofl:

Hello everyone,
Been away, dealing with my Mum who has memory problems. I'm exhausted and now have a hideous cold! Moan over.

Mrsdh, so nice to read your post about pregnant friends of our age! Hurrah.
Omi - very glad that the IVF meeting went so well. Good luck with the process - start looking after yourself NOW as it is pretty tough and you need lots of support and positive thinking!
Inkdchick - that's crappy about your aspirin possibly causing MC's. Good luck with cardiologist, I'm sure they can find something that will work better. Think we should all have a 'I'M TRYING TO CONCEIVE, IDIOT' tattoo on our foreheads!

Oops got quote marks wrong sorry! How d'you delete these things anyway?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->