• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Great to hear you're home now Butterfly, hope the pain subsides quickly.

I hear you on the long journey to bfp - It should be the other way around coz the journey of life seems to go so fast. My bundle of joy arrived aged 7 and is now 8 - this first year has gone by so fast it is scary and she's grown 3 whole shoe sizes and upwards by almost 4" ! The journey of life needs to slow down - so does her growth coz the rate she's going she'll be towering over me by the time she's 10! :wacko:

Wiiijjj - Upwards temp is all good especially if it spikes up higher than the highest and stays up. Here's hoping that's what's gonna happen for you this time.

Happy weekends everyone. :hugs:

Hello and thank you for the positive comment I really hope it is my time. Well today I took my bbt and it is still up. But I also o'd late so if I go based on that if I am 10 dpo will a test come back with a positive or should I wait longer. I have heard at the earliest is 10 dpo but still some get a bfn. But I am still feeling cramping and like I am going to get my af.

Willi your temp staying up is good but like you say if you are 10dpo then you could get a BFP or Bfn so it might be worth waiting. :hugs:

Nise wow that is some growth! Bet she fills your life with joy though :cloud9:

Hello and thank you for your comments. My bbt went down to what it was 3 days ago which is 97.90. The previous 2 days were at 98.20 so I don't know if that means I am going to get my af or not. I still fell like as if I have started no still no sign of the :witch as of yet. We will see what happens these next couple of days as I don't know know just because it went back down to what it was exactly what it means

well ladies my bbt went down to what it was at the beginning of my af so the :witch: is on her way. So I am out this month. I guess all the stress of my son getting hit by the car delayed her from showing up. On to the next month. Hopefully it will happen soon as I had a MC almost a year ago and I have not gotten my next BFP since. I am kind of losing hope. :cry:

She does Butterfly, She's a good girl and very excited about her Street Dance Show on Sat. Can't wait, though it will probably make me cry! Why do I always want to cry when I see people really enjoying themselves - it doesn't upset me and really I want to laugh - emotions are weird! :cloud9:

Wiijjj - Bloody kill joy witch. Chin up, I know it's harder said than done but each cycle is different and a law unto itself. I'm not trying anymore but when I was and with the benefit of hindsight I reckon charting was the thing that made me the most miserable. I spent 5 years of my life being dictated to by a flaming thermometer and a small white stick with a stupid smiling face - 5 years of misery and 5 years of my life I'll never get back. I still wonder how OH and I managed to survive the storm of ttc. :hugs:

willi - sorry to hear the :witch: got you. Hope your son is all better now! What an awful thing to happen :hugs:

Nise - Time flies with kids doesn't it? One minute you're choosing their shoes for them, next minute you're helping them choose a college! :dohh: Love to hear you updates :friends: x

butterfly - how's it going? Impressed to see you posting! Well done lovely. lol. x

barnie - sorry to hear that round of IVF was abandoned, but so glad to hear you are pushing ahead with more options. Is hubby still abroad? Cant remember how long he was going out there for x

pippi - how's that weird mouse working out? Does it help? x

maddy - how are you hon? x

AFM - all good here. Bloomin AF turned up on Saturday! :dohh: Sheesh. I've had 11 months free of her, but with breast-feeding i thought i was going due allot more. Seems that because Sammy sleeps more than 6 hours in one go at night (and therefore no feeds) my body's decided normal service must resume. sigh. i now have the ridiculous task of deciding if its worth bothering with contraception ... DH and i have decided not to bother .... just seems daft. Am i being an idiot??

Is it ok to post a sneaky pic of sammy looking amazed? x

Love to all xxx

Attachments

• IMG_1271.jpg
    IMG_1271.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2
Love the pic Mistyy, don't they make the weirdest faces?!

Wow that us a bit strange that AF has turned up even with 6 hour gaps in feeding. I've heard the first AF is pretty rough so not looking forward to that :wacko:

All going pretty well here, starting to get out for walks to get a bit of exercise and fresh air :thumbup:

Lol Mistyy, you had to bring up the shoes thing, didn't you! I can't believe bloody River Island are selling shoes for kids and we're talking under 10yrs with 2" heels - okay they are wedged and hidden in those trainer style shoes & sandals but they are still at least 2" high - Shesh, I hate high street fashion, River Island especially. Most of their kids clothes are just little versions of women's clothing and of course K thinks it's all really cool! How do I tell her she can't have certain stuff because she'll look like bloody Lolita in it! Well… I could say that, maybe leave the bloody out, but then I'd have to explain who Lolita was… not so easy! I know I'm beginning to sound like my Grandma but I suddenly realise she was actually right! Rant over. :wacko:

Love the picture of Sammy we should see more of her for definite. As for AF showing up, well she's always an unwelcome guest at any party - Don't know what to say about BC - I reckon you probably know your body well enough to know when it might be dangerous time. Lol can't believe we're having this conversation it goes against all the rules! xxxx

If you don't do BC then there is always a chance you could become pregnant.
Lovely updates to read from all :)

Hi greens - :wave:

nise - lol @ River Island kids clothes stress. I'm with you though - i hate the sexualised style of little girl's clothes these days. Padded bras and high heels for 10 yr olds?!?! i mean wtf? Let children BE children FGS. At least till they're at the end of bloody secondary school! <despairs> My DD3's mates (14, 15, 16 ) are all on face book in those god awful plastered in make up, big hair, pouting at the camera, trying to look sexy 'selfie' pics. ugghh. And they all look exactly the same! <rants along with you> :dohh: <feels old>:haha:

butterfly - AF has now left the building and was v.light and not too bad at all, so don't worry :thumbup: mind you hopefully you'll be lucky enough to not get her back so early. it's some thing to do with certain hormone levels being allowed to drop far enough during the big gap between feeds if baby starts sleeping through. .... ! The price to pay for a bit of kip! :dohh::haha:

re: BC; these are my thoughts, if its ok ladies.
it just seems pointless/ridiculous/amazing to be even thinking about it. It's now over 5 years since i had the coil out to TTC. 4 years altogether of TTC (2 years, MC, then another 2 years :coffee::cry::coffee:) and now another year has gone by of being preg./Sammy being here.

It took meticulous charting and 100% dogged determination to BD on the right days for each and every one of all those cycles ... What are the chances of me falling preg. by accident? Pretty slim surely? 'the rhythm method' - watching my cycles again and avoiding days before ov, is what we're going to do. (back on free version of FF! not temping, just recording AF)

:dust: and love to all xxxxxx

Sorry - just re-read that post and had to laugh at meticulous charting! :haha::haha::haha:

Anyone who knows me knows my charting was far from that. Persistent? yes. Meticulous? no! :angelnot:

Lol to meticulous charting !!!
Great to hear all going well Misty, yea and don't think there is much need for BC if you avoid sex at ovulation, although stranger things have happened.
So totally agree with the teenage clones on Facebook etc. Where we really all clones when we were teenagers ?

Sorry to hear Barni about the cancelled IVF. Our consultant mentioned donor eggs to us, my dh was against it but when consultant explained how its different to sperm donor, your placenta etc. its given him something to think about, not sure how I feel about it though..

hope all going well Butterfly and you are not too sleep deprived..

Sorry to hear willij about your son but luckily he is ok

my af is really light at minute, think cause I'm taking anti-inflammatories...so not much chance of bfp. my hand has kinda settled down a bit but I'm afraid to stop taking them especially as really busy in work. the girl i work with is off sick due to miscarriage. Shes having lots of pains even though the mc was 2 weeks ago and I feel really sorry for her as I know what she's going through. She is going back to India for a few more weeks to recover. So I'm overloaded at work...and will continue to be for another while longer.

Got tickets for kate bush this morning...almost lost out as my keyboard started to act up when I went to pay....good job no one at home this morning to hear me swearing at the keyboard ! I'm not a huge fan but dh is, it was a birthday surprise but could n't resist telling him today eventho his birthday is 3 weeks away.

Awe great present Pippi. I'll be interested to know how the show is - I loved Kate Bush when I was a young teenager - and was very disappointed that she only did one tour in her career and that was back in about 1979! Wonder how she's gonna hack it now, lol. It's a shame the tickets have gone up to ridiculous amounts.

Lol, Mistyy - I'm in denial about the teenage years. I think you've made the best decision re bcp for sure.

Hope everyone has a lovely mothers day and gets spoilt rotten. :hugs:

Nise, remember where you are....1979 is not so long ago!!!

Hi ladies, just popped in to see how everyone is doing x

Nise, remember where you are....1979 is not so long ago!!!

Hi ladies, just popped in to see how everyone is doing x

:rofl: Oh yes, just a mere few years! lol

I'm off out for dinner with OH :happy dance: and tomorrow with a bit of luck I'll get breakfast in bed! :thumbup:

Oooh jealous of your KB tickets pippi :mrgreen: Wuthering Heights was the very first record i ever bought! I was about 10, i think and bought it in Woolworths. Second single i bought was Heart of Glass, Blondie.

<old, old, old, old, old! lol>

Glad your hand is a little better pippi, and Happy Mothers Day to all of us - old mums, new mums, mums to be and mums in waiting xxxxxxx :cake: and a cupper for all of us.

:dust:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LADIES - hope you are all enjoying it and being spoiled rotten!!!!!

AFM - Still at the bus stop waiting :winkwink:

:hugs:

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back