TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hello ladies, I have visited here but spend most of my time on TTC after loss. I am 42 and have a beautiful 2 year old son who was conceived naturally when I was 39, born when I was 40. I m/c at 12 weeks in late November 2010 and am really really struggling with it, I guess I had thought I was home and dry having made it to my scan (m/c day before scan date). Guess it's never over till the fat lady gives birth :-(

Reb S, I am interested in your herbal slant, I too have been seeing a herbalist since beginning of the year and am now half way through 2WW, praying that her potions are doing their thing. My cycles are 'perfect' 28 days with ovulation at day 14. I am also trying (but failing!) to take heart from my GP who tells me I must actually be very fertile (don't feel it!) as I have been pregnant 3 times since late 2007 - a loss at 6 weeks, my beautiful son, and then my recent loss at 12 weeks

Hi Spoomie
Firstly, so sorry about your loss - what a shock to get so far, it must be very hard. As to herbs, I'm not entirely sure what I think about it yet - I 1st saw her when i was feeling completely crappy on IVF and she made such a difference my doctor noticed and asked for her contact details! But sometimes I just don't know. This month she wants us to abstain as she thinks 'my soil is not drained enough yet' ...dunno what I think about that as it means 1) condoms...:wacko: 2) missing a month when time is racing past me like a formula 1 car! However, I have just had my 1st EVER 28 day cycle - (did wonder if I had a chemical, but didn't test till day 27, already 2 days late for me and it was BFN) so something's happening. Do you think the herbs work?

Hi Reb S
I'm really hoping so as they cost a small fortune!

I believe I will fall pregnant as I have conceived 3 times since 2007 and I am hopeful that the herbs will help this happen more quickly and, more importantly, that they will help me to stay pregnant. My practitioner has lots of success stories of conceiving after m/c and I'm trying really hard to keep the faith, but as I said, I've only been seeing her since beginning of January. She has also run a lost baby support group so I feel that the therapy is two fold, and she herself had her last child at 47 so she has a lot going for her with regard to my personal situation. I definitely feel more balanced and my cycle has returned very quickly, especially considering my m/c was pretty late for an ' early m/c' - if you see what I mean! Obviously my ultimate aim is to get pregnant and stay pregnant but for me, the other huge benefit is that, even if this doesn't happen with the herbal medicine then it will have given me a focus and a hope during the really difficult grieving period as I am a bit of a control freak and this makes me feel like I'm doing something proactive!

hi every1 :hi: does any1 know how to get multiple qoutes into a reply post by the time i have read through posts and caught up ive forgot who said what lol so gonna wait to respond when i know how to do it but good luck every1

dont think about it hun , most of us here have had m/c and have gone on to have a very healthy baby after so dont worry it will happen when you relax, just take your prenat vits and get on with your days as they come and good luck with your shoulder op, o and you do have eggs left if you are still having a regular bleed and ovulating, you still have eggs please try and concentrate on that shoulder and the rest will follow xx

Ink: Thank you. I'm glad to hear that others have had healthy babies after a MC. I'm not yet having a regular bleed, though. So that's the main thing. But, as you said, one thing at a time. Shoulder first. . .

Hi samian

I am also 42 and had a 12 week m/c in November, sorry for you that we have so much in commom :-( The thing that really got me is that I had (foolishly?) thought I was ok for having made it so far and think it hit me worse that I let my guard down, I really really hope I'm pregnant by June 4th. I have my regular cycle back but have been seeing a herbalist and believe her potions have worked wonders in facilitating this. May be something for you to consider? Thinking of you x

Spoomie: :hugs: Oh, it was so hard, wasn't it? And I let my guard down too. Horrible. What is the herbalist giving you? And how long did it take for your cycle to come back? Did you have your MC medically managed, or. . . ?

hi every1 :hi: does any1 know how to get multiple qoutes into a reply post by the time i have read through posts and caught up ive forgot who said what lol so gonna wait to respond when i know how to do it but good luck every1

Maryanne: Yes. I do. Click on the + sign next to all of the people's posts that you'd like to quote and then click on the quote button of the last person you want to quote and it will quote all of the people you clicked the + next to.

lets hope it heals really quickly for you and then you can concentrate in the ttc hun all the best xx

Hi everyone, wanna join up! I recognize some of you (nise, glitterqueen) from when I was using B&B alot last year. I'm just 43, OH 44, had 1 mmc at 11 weeks (feb.) and one mc at 5 weeks (nov) in 2010, after a year of ttc. So...know I can get pregnant, just have to catch the magic healthy egg! A nice gyne let me get the workup for recurrent mc's after the 2, and all is well, so it's a waiting game. I take thyroid replacement as don't have a thyroid, just started 5mg of Folic acid, and low-dose aspirin and progesterone supp's post O. I used to temp and all that, but found it too stressful, but can tell when I'm o'ing by symptoms. Plus, the 2 months I fell pg was when it was the last thing I was thinking about!!
Wanted to pass on, too, that here in Italy, over 40 moms are the norm! My new doc said (after I'd commented on my age), "no, you're still young, don't worry about that!" Plus, we can't change it! Best of luck to all!!!

Ciao Bellamamma come sta' , where abouts in Rome are you , my hubby parents are in Acilia and we are ofter over to see them absolutely love it .
Welcome to BNB again good to have you here

Wanted to pass on, too, that here in Italy, over 40 moms are the norm! My new doc said (after I'd commented on my age), "no, you're still young, don't worry about that!" Plus, we can't change it! Best of luck to all!!!

Bella: Thanks for passing that along! :)

Hurrah! Bellamamma that's a really nice positive thing to read.

HEY Bellamama- how u doin? great to hear from you x
ok so I am day 30 0f a usual 30 day(although last month was 26???) Cramping like crazy but also really bad runny bum(tmi) very dizzy head, soooooooooooo tired and feeling really sick. Didn't have any sticks to pee on so I used an ov predictor and its positive( well nearly) trying not to get excited I know its a long shot and now I have actually poated it I know AF will arrive tomorrow!!!! Will keep u posted xx

Can you post it in the Gallery Glitter so we can have a look??? FX'd it is a POS :hugs:

just threw it out ahhhhhhhhhhhhh-wouldn't have a clue how to do it anyway lol
the line is really dark but not just as dark as the test line but surely it shouldn't be registering at all if it was just lh at this stage??? need to go to bed and stop hoping xxx

Ooo Glitter am tres excited :happydance: :witch: is currently scratching her twiggy brush around my womb at the mo, spotting started tonight so guess she'll take up full residence tomorrow - I'll try and be entertaining enough to keep her from getting to you. :hugs:

:yipee: Yay, so happy to see you Bellamamma - lovely to see you here and so glad to hear that all is well with you. That's nice positive news that over 40 is the norm in Italy - hope for us all yet then.

Wow, lot's of new faces round here which is nice. :hi: Reb S, Spoomie, Maryanne 67, Samiam & Glowstar.

Well, I'm trying to keep up the pma for cycle Six million and twenty two. :hugs:

Ciao Bellamamma come sta' , where abouts in Rome are you , my hubby parents are in Acilia and we are ofter over to see them absolutely love it .
Welcome to BNB again good to have you here

Ciao! Sto bene, grazie! I'm in Monte Sacro, north Rome, never been to Acilia, is it a nice area?
Thanks for the welcome, was happy to find a group that "fits" me! :happydance:

HEY Bellamama- how u doin? great to hear from you x
ok so I am day 30 0f a usual 30 day(although last month was 26???) Cramping like crazy but also really bad runny bum(tmi) very dizzy head, soooooooooooo tired and feeling really sick. Didn't have any sticks to pee on so I used an ov predictor and its positive( well nearly) trying not to get excited I know its a long shot and now I have actually poated it I know AF will arrive tomorrow!!!! Will keep u posted xx

glad to "see" you again too glitter!
your sxs sound exciting, am awaiting good news...:thumbup:

Good morning! Well, unfortunately I just realized I'm in the 2ww, makes it worse to know doesn't it?! I had to start the progesterone pops, but will promptly try to forget the wait...the busier I can keep myself the better.

Nise, sorry bout AF, did she really arrive or was she just knocking a bit? Also, what a crap day for her, naughty!

How is everyone else?? I'll take this opportunity to wish all a Happy Heart Day, hugs and love!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->