TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Hey ladies
thanks so much for all you best wishes I am so frightened but have managed to get an early scan for 1st March so will be 6 weeks and 3 days so hopefully it will put my mind at rest a little bit. I am so sick and so tired but not complaining at all xx
Hi to newbees- this thread is a god send!
good luck for thursday inkedchick xx

thank you hun i hope something shows for me then but i have a doc's appt tomorrow for something other than asprin for my heart but will tell him what i am getting and hopefully he may do a blood test as i dont think these 10 miu tests are gonna work for me so we will see and then hopefully my period wont show up within that week of waiting for the result fingers crossed

thanks ladies.

Glowstar I see you have a prediction from Cheri - I am awaiting one from her she said I would have it sent by March 3rd, can't wait to see what she says

Yes Miss C I do :winkwink: I will post the whole predicition later on if you like. She predicted a boy which I didn't put in my signature. She also went into a whole in depth description of what he will be like/look like. Quite fascinating, especially if it comes true!! never had any kind of prediction before but have bitten the bullet and going to see a physic on the 24th Feb....a turning 40 treat :thumbup:

Hi Ladies :hi:- please may I join in the fun, tears and madness here too? I'm determined to conceive No.1 at 41!! I've no history, I've not tried before, but now is so the right time for us - bring it on!!:happydance: My DH is 47 he has 3 grown up kids and is at last (my it's been a long road to get here!) with me in having a lovely, healthy little bub for us. I have had all my bloods done at the Dr's and all okay, she's says we've not given it long enough as we've only been TTC for the past 4 months and if no luck by the summer to go back to her.

I'm nearing the end of my TWW, I so hope that AF will leave me alone for the next 9 months and take a nice looooong holiday, I mean she's been working hard for the past 30 odd years (OMG!!) so I think fair's fair and all that!. I will know if she shows her face or not by Thursday...

Sending you lots of luck, :dust:and many congratulations to those that have got their BFP's recently!!!
xXx

Welcome Jax!!! glad you have the all clear from the Dr's....here's hoping for a BFP soon for you :kiss:

Thanks Glowstar!!:flower:xXx

Hi i'm 40 in two days and TTC for what feels like forever.:sad1:
I have a 10 year old son from my first marriage, and now im married again and my husband doesnt have any children of his own. I'd love more than anything to give him a child and also give my son a sibling.
we started trying in 2009 and 8 months later i was pregnant, but it ended in a misscarriage at 4 and a half weeks (i'd only just found out i was pregnant).
Anyway 6 weeks later i was amazed to find out i was pregnant again (the Dr had told me i'd be very fertile for 2 or 3 months following the misscarriage). We were over the moon but once again it wasnt to be, we found out at the 12 week scan the baby had died at around 8weeks, i did have my suspitions but was hoping i was wrong, it was a terrible time for us and i had to go in for a D&C. We started trying again a month later and that was mid Aug last year, so thats 6 months this time that weve been trying and still nothing:sad1: we will keep trying, but i do wonder if it will ever happen.

first of all if you keep worrying it wont happen. that sounded so hard but i didnt mean it to hun.
I am 44 and also with a new hubby, i have two daughters from my first marriage they are 19 and 17 and my hubby now has no children so if we are definately this month then it will be his first. we have been trying for over 3 years and they say that it takes time for us to get used to new sperm, that sounds so stupid but apparantly its true and then we have to get them to meet with a really good healthy egg so thats what takes the time and coz we dont ovulate every month thats another hurdle.
I would strongly suggest to have a glass of wine in a evening and really chill out, make sure you take your prenatal vits at the same time every day and really enjoy each other and get him really worked up before hand coz it encourages more healthy sperm.
I hope that helps and encourage you , good luck hun and keep your fingers crossed for me xx

InkdChick,

I didn't realise you were in a very similar situation to me...is your OH a bit younger too?? MY OH is almost 32 (no children) and I am 40. 2 daughters from previous marriage.

Flumpsy, try not to stress too much and sorry for your losses :hugs: there is a wealth of information on these boards and 100+ different methods to help pin point OV to what vits to take etc so have a good look around.
You can share some comfort in the fact that there are more of us older ladies still TTC and still getting BFP's, it might just take a bit longer :hugs:

lol yeah im 44 and he was 47 today bless him so yeah we are similar how old are your girls x

Hello newbies. I hope you'll enjoy the company here. It's a great bunch of ladies.

Pip x

Here's my Cheri prediction....all a bit of fun and a bit of PMA if nothing else...

I am seeing you having a little boy and they relate him to MARCH so this is either birth month, conceive month or the month you find out in.

When it comes to your son, hes always going to be a spitting image of your husband. When hes the age of your husband now and you take a picture and compare it side by side, although your sons color is a bit darker than your husband, they would have been able to pass as twins.

Hes always interested in talking to people. Hes does not like to be stuck in the middle of things. He usually finds a way to do his own thing and allow people to do theirs. I think that you are going to find him to be someone who enjoys change, is always confident in who he is and is respectful of others. Knowing that when someones idea is different than his own its not about him or the idea, it just is. Hes always able to agree to disagree and is not the type to ever hold a grudge. Just seems to be so accepting of anything that comes his way.

hes always going to be a good dresser. Hes going to love the color blue (and all shades of it) or even shades of grey. When hes older still really seems to enjoy wearing clothes that are more casual dressy and alot of the girls are often attracted to not just his looks, but his confidence, his stature and the ability to just be himself without trying too hard to impress anyone.

hes always funny, able to joke around and laugh when something does not go right. hes a "guys guy" and always able to hang out or go for a drink later with the guys.

When it comes to career paths, they show him linked to working in sales.

When it comes to marriage I am seeing him closer to 22. They will have two boys of their own,.

again thanks for the welcome ladies, I too have a younger man, I am 42 and he is 36 there is 5 months of the year when I am 6 years older than him and 7 when I am 7 years older!!

I am going to see a clairvoyant/medium tomorrow and can't wait, desperate to see what he picks up on, I know I am holding out very high expectations on fonding out about ziggy and when he/she will come back and will be a bit of a mess if he mentions nothing about pregnancy. The day before we lost ziggy I found out my mum has cancer of the oesophagus which she "assures" me they have caught early and the treatment should all be OK however thanks to bloody google I am now terrified that is not the case. It took me quite a while to convince her the mi/c was not her fault. She told us on the saturday and ziggy was gone on the Sunday but we had had already started the loss that week on the Monday and Friday and there was no baby found in any of what I passed so there is the possibility ziggy had gone and been absorbed not long after first scan - who knows - I guess we will never know. So I am praying the psychic can tell me she is going to be ok or at least give us a timeline for the worst as I am in Australia and she lives in UK and we will need to plan visits etc and soehow find many thousands of dollars! But we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Will be really interested to see in next couple of months if Cheri is correct for you Glowstar. I opted for the reading that includes an indepth description of my son and also sibling cos I figured rather than just find out about cionceotion/birth month and gender I may have more belief in her of she gets stuff about my son right if that makes sense?!

I would do a few personals now but it appears I have written a flippin' essay so I had best skidaddle for now.

So hugs and baby dust to you all

Hey ladies ! It seems alot of us have younger husbands/partners! I'm 40 and my toyboy husband is 34. He has a daughter from a previous relationship and I also have 2 boys from my ex partner . Together we have a daughter aged 2. I'm so glad of this thread as can share similar experiences and hopefully fx share the joy of us all getting our bfps!
We are going to our 1st gynae appt on Thursday. Not sure what to expect? I had the hsg procedure last week, we paid privately as didn't want to wait too long on the nhs. Can anybody give me a clue on what to expect at nhs gynae appt? Thank you ladies xx babydust to all xxxx

hi every1 :hi: does any1 know how to get multiple qoutes into a reply post by the time i have read through posts and caught up ive forgot who said what lol so gonna wait to respond when i know how to do it but good luck every1

Maryanne: Yes. I do. Click on the + sign next to all of the people's posts that you'd like to quote and then click on the quote button of the last person you want to quote and it will quote all of the people you clicked the + next to.
thanks samiam and welcome to the group :flower:

Hi everyone, wanna join up! I recognize some of you (nise, glitterqueen) from when I was using B&B alot last year. I'm just 43, OH 44, had 1 mmc at 11 weeks (feb.) and one mc at 5 weeks (nov) in 2010, after a year of ttc. So...know I can get pregnant, just have to catch the magic healthy egg! A nice gyne let me get the workup for recurrent mc's after the 2, and all is well, so it's a waiting game. I take thyroid replacement as don't have a thyroid, just started 5mg of Folic acid, and low-dose aspirin and progesterone supp's post O. I used to temp and all that, but found it too stressful, but can tell when I'm o'ing by symptoms. Plus, the 2 months I fell pg was when it was the last thing I was thinking about!!
Wanted to pass on, too, that here in Italy, over 40 moms are the norm! My new doc said (after I'd commented on my age), "no, you're still young, don't worry about that!" Plus, we can't change it! Best of luck to all!!!
hi bellamamma :flower: welcome, sorry bout the mc`s ,good luck and still young at 40 sounds good to me :thumbup:

quick drive to tesco this morning- did a clearblue test and....................... 1-2 weeks BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG cried my eyes out, feel sick now but memories of the m/c are flooding in please stick little bean( m/c at 8 weeks last time) cramping like mad but feel much more queasy this time. can't wait for OH to come home HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! OMG OMG OMG xxxxx
wow :yipee: glitterqueen congrats hun heres hoping to much ms (in the nicest way) and lots of sticky :dust:

hi all, could I possibly join you. I am 42 with a 2 year 4 month old adorable little boy. He was a surprise 40th birthday present. We are not ttc a sibling for him. Sadly we had a m/c a little over a week ago but will be back in the saddle as soon as we can. We were "sort of" trying for almost 12 months. I came off the pill end of Dec 09 and we went with the flow as we were awaiting some cervical biopsy results. Had LLETZ surgery in Marcha nd got given go ahead to ttc in May despite some low grade changes at follow up pap smear but due to low grde that said if I did get pregnant no biggie as it can take 10 years for any cancers to develop. Anywhoo back to ttc, we actively tarted ttc in June, charting temps tracking cm and timing bding. Missed a month in July (we were fighting) had a chemical in Sep and got a BFP on Dec 10th. Lost this little soaul at 12w1d, whilst still grieving the loss we are praying with all our hearts and souls that we can bring the little one back for good next time.

Anyway that's my story and hopewe can share this incredibly difficult and sometimes heartbreaking journey together buit wich has the biggest rewards.

Thank you.
hi missc welcome:flower: sorry bout your loss hun ,but heres hoping to many :bfp:`s for us all

Hi Ladies :hi:- please may I join in the fun, tears and madness here too? I'm determined to conceive No.1 at 41!! I've no history, I've not tried before, but now is so the right time for us - bring it on!!:happydance: My DH is 47 he has 3 grown up kids and is at last (my it's been a long road to get here!) with me in having a lovely, healthy little bub for us. I have had all my bloods done at the Dr's and all okay, she's says we've not given it long enough as we've only been TTC for the past 4 months and if no luck by the summer to go back to her.

I'm nearing the end of my TWW, I so hope that AF will leave me alone for the next 9 months and take a nice looooong holiday, I mean she's been working hard for the past 30 odd years (OMG!!) so I think fair's fair and all that!. I will know if she shows her face or not by Thursday...

Sending you lots of luck, :dust:and many congratulations to those that have got their BFP's recently!!!
xXx
hi jax41 welcome :flower: fx`d for you hope the tww flies by quickly

Hi i'm 40 in two days and TTC for what feels like forever.:sad1:
I have a 10 year old son from my first marriage, and now im married again and my husband doesnt have any children of his own. I'd love more than anything to give him a child and also give my son a sibling.
we started trying in 2009 and 8 months later i was pregnant, but it ended in a misscarriage at 4 and a half weeks (i'd only just found out i was pregnant).
Anyway 6 weeks later i was amazed to find out i was pregnant again (the Dr had told me i'd be very fertile for 2 or 3 months following the misscarriage). We were over the moon but once again it wasnt to be, we found out at the 12 week scan the baby had died at around 8weeks, i did have my suspitions but was hoping i was wrong, it was a terrible time for us and i had to go in for a D&C. We started trying again a month later and that was mid Aug last year, so thats 6 months this time that weve been trying and still nothing:sad1: we will keep trying, but i do wonder if it will ever happen.
hi flumpsy :flower: welcome, sorry bout your losses ,don`t give up i had my youngest at 42 he`s 6 months now ,it can happen and i`m sure it will, good luck

Hey ladies ! It seems alot of us have younger husbands/partners! I'm 40 and my toyboy husband is 34. He has a daughter from a previous relationship and I also have 2 boys from my ex partner . Together we have a daughter aged 2. I'm so glad of this thread as can share similar experiences and hopefully fx share the joy of us all getting our bfps!
We are going to our 1st gynae appt on Thursday. Not sure what to expect? I had the hsg procedure last week, we paid privately as didn't want to wait too long on the nhs. Can anybody give me a clue on what to expect at nhs gynae appt? Thank you ladies xx babydust to all xxxx
hi mrsdh :hi:good luck with the appointment

Hi I'm kinda new here. I am 40 and TTC with my hubby of 11 months. Just got the news Tuesday that his sperm count is 3.9 million, so VERY low.. we are BD'ing but will likely be going the way of IVF after this month. I just need a warm and cozy place to nestle in until we get a BFP..

Good luck and sticky, sticky baby dust to us all..
:hugs:
hi mamma mia and welcome :flower:,

Hi guys,

a quick update - so clinic apmt went very well yesterday. Signed all the consent forms, had blood tests done for egg reserve (AMH) and hep c, hiv and rubella. Hubster had some too. Depending on egg reserve results we'll find out what my drug protocol will be in 2 weeks time. Am due to start treatment at next af, so beginning of March. Get up to 3 eggs put in so hope can mature enough eggs and make good enough embryos for the process. Very exited yet cautious....here's to hope and luck!!

:dust: to all!! xxx
good news omi, heres hoping march comes quickly

Hi inkdchick I am also testing 17th/18th.......here's to 2 BFPs x
hi spoomie roll on the :bfp:`s

Hi ladies,

Can I join your party, even if I am a bit late? I'm 42 and had a MMC at 12 weeks in November and have yet to return to any sort of normal cycle. I'm currently living in Scotland, but am headed back to the States to have surgery on a torn shoulder and to get all of my hormones and things tested, since I cannot seem to get anywhere here with the NHS.

Anyone have trouble getting back onto a regular cycle after their MC? If so, what did you to do reset yourself? Feeling panicky and desperate that I'm "out" of eggs.
hi samiam :flower: better late than never hun, don`t stress i say you only need to catch 1 good egg and i`m sure your not out of them yet , good luck

woah long post over, hi every1 :flower: havent been on for a few days ,lots of new faces and a :bfp: great news heres hoping for :bfp: for us all , sorry i don`t have many words of wisdom but i wish you all the best in your ttc journey

hi girls, well went to docs this morning to see about getting something other than asprin for my heart and he was more interested in the fact that he thinks we could be pregnant so he has booked me in for another appt for tues and he will see what tests need doing then but to do a first response test on sat and sunday, so hubby just gone to get them this morning for me, hopefully the doc is right , he was shocked at the size of my tummy and felt around it saying i think you maybe further than you think you are LOL yeah right !, and says to come back so i'll see what happens over the weekend

ink stuff the first response, get a clear blue digital, it will tell you how many weeks!!

hi girls, well went to docs this morning to see about getting something other than asprin for my heart and he was more interested in the fact that he thinks we could be pregnant so he has booked me in for another appt for tues and he will see what tests need doing then but to do a first response test on sat and sunday, so hubby just gone to get them this morning for me, hopefully the doc is right , he was shocked at the size of my tummy and felt around it saying i think you maybe further than you think you are LOL yeah right !, and says to come back so i'll see what happens over the weekend

Hi Hun , very exciting update!! Can't wait till Saturdays testing!!
Thinking of you xx

you think so im so nervous that nothing is gonna show up onthese tests and then go to docs on tues and he finds out through more tests that something is really wrong with me :cry:

Oooooh Inkdchick, keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you! Stop worrying about anything else being wrong and keep positive!

Hello to newbies Jax41 and flumpsie - join the fun and the roll of BFP's we're having!

My news - I have had such awful fluey cold that we've given up on this month my sinuses make me feel like the room's going round and round - not very conducive to :sex: ! plus acupuncturist wants me to have a month just getting things right. Humph.
Hope everyone else is feeling more perky!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"