• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

mumof five
don't give up yet when i got my bfp i had really strong period pains and really thought af was coming any minute- our bodies can be so cruel!! thanks for the bfp list great idea hope we are all on it soon xx
Patboy-still all postitve missus defo up the duff before xmas 2010- my prediction lol xx

Have not had a good few days as AF got me and i also didnt have high temps throughout luteal phase (which was only just 12 dpo as AF started in the evening on the 11dpo) and my temps were barely above the coverline from 8&9dpo and then dropped below my chart coverline on 10dpo maybe im just getting a bit paranoid though! I did a lot of reading of posts on bnb and as a result i am now trying a vit B6 supplement to try and extend luteal phase. Am now feeling that i am taking so many different supplements lol as i already take a pregnancy vitamin, omega 3, and 5mg folic acid ,i know this maybe isnt that many tablets but its a lot more than i am used to taking lol , hopefully it will be worth it.

mumoffive
Am loving the bfp list ...makes me feel more positive. :hugs:

:dust: to everyone waiting to test

Sorry AF got you Flame589, but I really think that you shouldn't worry about the length of you LP....12 days is practically perfect! You really only need worry sub 10 days and even so, mine is 9 and I'm not worried, after extensive research on the subject.

Have you had your progesterone tested? That will indicate whether you had a LP issue really. But I promise you, I've been with 4 or 5 top FS's (we got moved around a lot by the military) and every single one said that the internet lays far too many scare stories on women about LPD and over 10 days is utterly fine, as long as your progesterone is OK.

Incidentally.....I've been pregnant 3 times with my little 9 day LP, and although i've had 2 mc's they've both been after the 8 week mark, so are nothing to do with my LP. And I'm a notorious HPT whore and POAS from about 6 days religously (I've had my BFP's at 7dpo), and never had a whiff of a chemical, so I know I've not been losing anything because of it.

In fact, I quite like my short LP...means I get more cycles in in less time and only have a 1 and a bit week wait!!!!

Flame, its quite exciting having the list and its really nice to see our bfp as they come! I do feel it is quite a positive thing. Cant take the credit though as it was Linys idea!!! xxx
Well lets hope the supplements work for you. I have heard of people using agnus catcus to regulate their cycle too...x

Sorry AF got you Flame589, but I really think that you shouldn't worry about the length of you LP....12 days is practically perfect! You really only need worry sub 10 days and even so, mine is 9 and I'm not worried, after extensive research on the subject.

Have you had your progesterone tested? That will indicate whether you had a LP issue really. But I promise you, I've been with 4 or 5 top FS's (we got moved around a lot by the military) and every single one said that the internet lays far too many scare stories on women about LPD and over 10 days is utterly fine, as long as your progesterone is OK.

Incidentally.....I've been pregnant 3 times with my little 9 day LP, and although i've had 2 mc's they've both been after the 8 week mark, so are nothing to do with my LP. And I'm a notorious HPT whore and POAS from about 6 days religously (I've had my BFP's at 7dpo), and never had a whiff of a chemical, so I know I've not been losing anything because of it.

In fact, I quite like my short LP...means I get more cycles in in less time and only have a 1 and a bit week wait!!!!

Thanks Lyns that has reassured me a lot, i haven't had my progesterone levels tested yet as only been ttc seriously for the past 2 months but if it keeps worrying me i will go and get it tested. I am also finding that i have quickly become a bit of a POAS addict as i am using CBFM and OPK's and i do give in and use HPT's earlier than i should lol

It is good having more cycles in less time too!!

Lyns thanks for the list x

Mum i read about agnus castus too but decided to just try the vit b6 and see what happens. fx'd for you x

Thanks for adding me to the list :)

Anyone else on or around CD9 today?

Also, what does vit B6 do?

Well quick post. Tested at 7dpo and it was a BFN! No surprises then..but early days! Not going to test until later now. Ive had my fun lol!! so either its AFor a positive test. Heres hoping. x

Well think thats me out for this month. Think AF has come!!! Oh well...lets hope for a bfp from someone else on the list!!!x

Well think thats me out for this month. Think AF has come!!! Oh well...lets hope for a bfp from someone else on the list!!!x

Sorry chick....but on the bright side, she's got me too this morning, so you got yourself a cycle buddy!:hugs:

Someone else wil have to do it for us this month! I shall be NTNP again - in so much as I'm not re-starting Clomid for another month, but I confess I have ordered more CBFM sticks, so we'll see.

Well, my chart is looking a lot better this month than last - had no idea when I ovulated last month, and even FF wasn't sure. It plumped for Day 11, but it could have equally been 14 or 17, which actually makes quite a difference as far as working out what my usual LP should be...

Anyway this month I had a definate rise today, and 2 peak days on the CBFM for yesterday and the day before. We've had a really stressful couple of days, but have just about managed the BD so the cycle wasn't wasted. I think we both need a rest now!

well ladies
cd 21 feel like crap already getting cramps from af winging her way down the tubes. just got call from ivf clinic- start meds 15th aug egg retrevial 1st week oct-nervous already!! really wanted it to happen naturally but at least its all starting!!
must go work is calling!! yuck-want to stay home lol

Sparky67 - glad that your chart is looking more promising..
Glitterqueen - a least you have the IVF as hope even if AF does come and still you never know, your not out until your AF comes. Could be implantation cramps.
Lyns - hugs about AF coming too - its a real bummer!! Yes, at least we can be cycle buddies lol. I am so crampy right now. Wish it would pee off!!! I just cant believe how much of a difference a couple of years make. I fell pregnant so easily with both my toddlers in my late thirties 38 and 39 and now look at me. I think ive been spoilt!!! Just seem to fall pregnant at the drop of a hat. Now im 42 and into my 4th cycle :( Its really SHIT! [sorry for the language!!!] I know thats not that long, some people have been waiting years for a bubs but i have never been like that. I hate ageing. Tell me something nice about being in your forties???

I know....I started TTC no2 in March 08, fell pg in Oct 08, lost in Dec, fell pg again April 09....lost it in May 09 and nothing since. Cycle a gazillion and one, I think! :dohh:

Ne'er mind....it'll happen soon for us both! I'm determined! xx

Thanks for adding me to the list :)

Anyone else on or around CD9 today?

Also, what does vit B6 do?

Hi Missy various things i have read seem to suggest that vit B6 can extend the length of your luteal phase if it is on the short side, im gonna give it a try and see what happens.

Mum- sorry AF got you :hugs:

Lyns - sorry AF got you :hugs:

morning all,cd9 for me and of course no symptoms lol,roll on tww :happydance:

I had my first child when I was 30, my second when I was 40 and my third when I was nearly 42. No "outside help" just smoke and alcohol-free, good healthy diet, prenatal vitamins and Spirulina through each pregnancy. (Then 18 months of breastfeeding each.)
Now... trying again. And...... I'm 52. I know that some might say, "Why? You've had your family! You're too OLD, now!" Well, fine, it's been said before (and to my face,) I appreciate the opinion, but, I don't adhere to it whatsoever. The females on my Mother's side of the family tend to have children until later in life. (My own Mother was born when my Gran was 56. And my great-aunt had 21 children, the last when she was nearly 60!)
I've taken two F.S.H. (follicle stimulating hormone) tests, both negative. I have a regular-as-clockwork 26-28 day menstrual cycle and NO signs whatsoever of peri-menopause. I have a completely boringly normal uterus, so the scan has shown. I just have less eggs to works with, I know that.

So, it's just a case of wait and see, keep trying, keep positive and know it will either happen, or it won't.
Thanks for reading and... hello, I'm new here!

I had my first child when I was 30, my second when I was 40 and my third when I was nearly 42. No "outside help" just smoke and alcohol-free, good healthy diet, prenatal vitamins and Spirulina through each pregnancy. (Then 18 months of breastfeeding each.)
Now... trying again. And...... I'm 52. I know that some might say, "Why? You've had your family! You're too OLD, now!" Well, fine, it's been said before (and to my face,) I appreciate the opinion, but, I don't adhere to it whatsoever. The females on my Mother's side of the family tend to have children until later in life. (My own Mother was born when my Gran was 56. And my great-aunt had 21 children, the last when she was nearly 60!)
I've taken two F.S.H. (follicle stimulating hormone) tests, both negative. I have a regular-as-clockwork 26-28 day menstrual cycle and NO signs whatsoever of peri-menopause. I have a completely boringly normal uterus, so the scan has shown. I just have less eggs to works with, I know that.

So, it's just a case of wait and see, keep trying, keep positive and know it will either happen, or it won't.
Thanks for reading and... hello, I'm new here!

wow,you have given me hope.im 43 and was thinking maybe im too old now,but there is still hope for me ,woooo.i wish you all the luck in the world with tcc.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->