• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

lyns- my thoughts exactly!!!!!! it's just not fair and here i am forcing veg and fruit down my neck and trying to lose weight . ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi Ladies, I've not been around for a few days - but glad to see everyone in good spirits. I've had a nightmare time right over Ovulation, got some Bd'ing in but I got bitten by some insect, very tiny bite not like mosquito first one on my foot which ballooned and then 3 days later on my forearm - which also swelled from wrist to elbow so I had to have antibiotics which made me throw up all night - am a tad pissed off, why do things always hit right around O time. (sigh)

I did manage to get the results for my thyroid test - but only over the phone, so haven't been able to talk to Doc about them yet and won't be able to for another week as I can't get off work. So my last thyroid test about 8 months ago came in at 0.02 (un-usually low) and this time it is 2.17 which I believe is good, but I know that T4 is also taken into account and that came in at 14.2 - does anyone know what the norm is?

Hi Nise, glad to see you back. OMG about the bite!! and you live in London too!!! What bit you? It sounds gross!!! I have a terrible fear of being bitten by a cleg! [ horsefly] I never have but my dh has. Hope you feel better soon.
I have no idea about thyroid although my mum had it, she had to get thyroxin years ago and had to stay clear of children at the time because its so radioactive. She has to take tablets or something now..but shes always banging on about how i might have it. I dont know anything about levels but hope you find out soon. xxx
You might still be lucky with ovulation - heres hoping.

Thanks mumoffive. Radioactive doesn't sound so good, though obviously your mum had you - so something went right, which is encouraging.

No idea what bit me - I think it must be something very small as I didn't feel a thing until after and the bite mark is tiny and very difficult to see - not like a mossy bite at all. I've not had a horse fly bite - despite having ponies when I was younger, but I've heard they are not nice at all.

I had my first child when I was 30, my second when I was 40 and my third when I was nearly 42. No "outside help" just smoke and alcohol-free, good healthy diet, prenatal vitamins and Spirulina through each pregnancy. (Then 18 months of breastfeeding each.)
Now... trying again. And...... I'm 52. I know that some might say, "Why? You've had your family! You're too OLD, now!" Well, fine, it's been said before (and to my face,) I appreciate the opinion, but, I don't adhere to it whatsoever. The females on my Mother's side of the family tend to have children until later in life. (My own Mother was born when my Gran was 56. And my great-aunt had 21 children, the last when she was nearly 60!)
I've taken two F.S.H. (follicle stimulating hormone) tests, both negative. I have a regular-as-clockwork 26-28 day menstrual cycle and NO signs whatsoever of peri-menopause. I have a completely boringly normal uterus, so the scan has shown. I just have less eggs to works with, I know that.

So, it's just a case of wait and see, keep trying, keep positive and know it will either happen, or it won't.
Thanks for reading and... hello, I'm new here!

Ruddy good luck to you!! If your body is happy that you are still young enough then who has the right to say otherwise. I really hope it happens for you :)

As for me, I'm on CD 13 or thereabouts so I believe I should probably be BDing right now!? This hot weather and tiredness from work and night baby wakings isn't really making me feel like it though! lol

I had my first child when I was 30, my second when I was 40 and my third when I was nearly 42. No "outside help" just smoke and alcohol-free, good healthy diet, prenatal vitamins and Spirulina through each pregnancy. (Then 18 months of breastfeeding each.)
Now... trying again. And...... I'm 52. I know that some might say, "Why? You've had your family! You're too OLD, now!" Well, fine, it's been said before (and to my face,) I appreciate the opinion, but, I don't adhere to it whatsoever. The females on my Mother's side of the family tend to have children until later in life. (My own Mother was born when my Gran was 56. And my great-aunt had 21 children, the last when she was nearly 60!)
I've taken two F.S.H. (follicle stimulating hormone) tests, both negative. I have a regular-as-clockwork 26-28 day menstrual cycle and NO signs whatsoever of peri-menopause. I have a completely boringly normal uterus, so the scan has shown. I just have less eggs to works with, I know that.

So, it's just a case of wait and see, keep trying, keep positive and know it will either happen, or it won't.
Thanks for reading and... hello, I'm new here!

Ruddy good luck to you!! If your body is happy that you are still young enough then who has the right to say otherwise. I really hope it happens for you :)

As for me, I'm on CD 13 or thereabouts so I believe I should probably be BDing right now!? This hot weather and tiredness from work and night baby wakings isn't really making me feel like it though! lol

your little one is georgeous.soz your feeling so tired,sounds like you have your hands full with work and baby.hope you manage to bd and you catch your egg.gd luck.:hugs:

well girls, yet another month and and another period !!!!!!!!!! , i am officially giving up, im sick and tired of nothing happening but not feeling great up to every period so this is it, but will be on here for the chats, cant go without chatting ! Love and best wishes to you all xxxx

well girls, yet another month and and another period !!!!!!!!!! , i am officially giving up, im sick and tired of nothing happening but not feeling great up to every period so this is it, but will be on here for the chats, cant go without chatting ! Love and best wishes to you all xxxx

Haha. They say giving up is a good way of getting up the duff. Hope you get a nice surprise soon. :hugs:

aw hugs ink xxxxx You never know though..when you stop trying..you might strike it lucky!!!
As for me well CD26, nearly af time...only had a bit of bleeding when i wiped at cd23, thought that was the witch coming early and then nothing. So thats the story so far..and who know what the outcome will be. I have to say, im fine with it either way. x

As for me well CD26, nearly af time...only had a bit of bleeding when i wiped at cd23, thought that was the witch coming early and then nothing. So thats the story so far..and who know what the outcome will be. I have to say, im fine with it either way. x

So............when are you testing? Are you waiting to see if AF turns up first or will you test? xx

:hugs: Inkdchick....sorry. Here's hoping nature has a surprise in store for you. I take it you won't start preventing? NTNP?

xx

I am just going to wait tbh. I had a chemical last month. I just think if i test before AF i will be tempting fate. I tested yesterday but it was negative..again, it was only 9dpo so that might be too early. I guess its a waiting game.

Got all my crossables crossed for you Mum. :dust::dust::dust:

Thanks Nise. x but i see it all the time, people on here with their hopes up, symptom spotting etc only for them to be so dissapointed. So im not going to be like that. I am being hopeful but realistic. x

though, i was just thinking..its my dh birthday on Saturday. wouldnt it be nice to give him a bfp as a present!! Fingers x

though, i was just thinking..its my dh birthday on Saturday. wouldnt it be nice to give him a bfp as a present!! Fingers x

That would be lovely and I don't see anything wrong in hoping - not so good getting obsessed with every little symptom but a little bit of hope is good for you. :hugs:

I think you should have a good idea by then......if no AF by end of the week, you have gotta test then though, cos that would be a fab present!

Hey ladies
ay 25 of a normally 30 day cycle- really bad cramps last few days- sick last 3 mornings and could sleep the clock round. but........... thats very period so not getting my hopes up! just want to know one way or another so I can start my soy this month-last month of trying before ivf xx

Nise, sorry Ive been a bit awol, lol!

Yes, im on meds. When they first detected it i was told i was borderline but they decided with the 2 mc's that i needed medication. I felt better immediately! A few months later i was re-tested and was upped on the meds and im now on 75micrograms of levothyroxine. Sometimes i take 100mcg.

The main thing with being hypothyroid is that in the UK its not as stringently monitored as in other places. Some fertility endocrinologists want your tsh to be no more than 2 and preferably under if you're ttc. Whereas here you're not even considered hypo unless its over 5 and then some. Weird!

Good luck, hun!

Omi xxx

I was looking for your posts because I had a feeling you were having your BFP.
Don't give up hun, I have faith in you!:thumbup:

Hi everyone, so glad to have found this forum! I'm 43, OH is 33 and our family so far consists of my son (18), our baby daughter who's almost 1 and 2 dogs. I'm also a teacher for my sins. My problem isn't conceiving, it's getting them to stick! I had a mmc at 10 weeks before my DD was born, and have just had my 3rd consecutive chemical pregnancy :cry: Still, onwards and upwards. During the TWW i'm a poas addict (really!) !! Looking forward to sharing the long road to a bfp with you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->