• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC after a fullterm stillbirth

Thumpette, well done you!!! What a great thing to do. I love the medal. Sorry all those people cancelled on you! That's not very supportive unless they had a very good reason, could have come to cheer you on.

I am now 8dpo. Trying not to symptom spot!!

Oh wow Thumpette, amazing words from you again. You completely sum up what goes around in my head but I just can't put into words.

Hopefully my appointment goes ahead tomorrow, not heard either way from them. My OH had emailed the Dr at our local private hospital but don't think he's heard back from him.

I guess the slight bit of good is that af came back practically right on time on Friday at 29 days so I'm now on cd4. And it's also not been too heavy, was worried it might be but it even seems to be lighter than normal and almost finished.

Thanks Nat, really hope it goes ahead tomorrow- good that your in time for ov this cycle too if you get the ok to go ahead. Hope you get some answers xxx

Well done thumpette - you should be very proud of yourself! - especially finishing when you weren't feeling your best.

Thanks for sharing your blog again. I have all these muddled up thoughts and feelings going round my head and I could never put them down into words the way you do.

Nat, I really hope your appointment goes ok tomorrow. Sounds good that your cycle has returned to normal and hopefully it won't be long before your rainbow comes along x

Fingers crossed charlie. Are you planning on testing early?

I can't seem to stop worrying about every little thing. I was so relaxed my last pregnancy, even after having an early mc before. We were in the middle of moving house, so v busy and I guess that helped. Time seems to be going so slowly this time!

I was called today for an early scan. I think they must have had a cancellation. I got to see a little heartbeat flickering away, which I was so happy about. The tech said I was measuring smaller than what I thought I was though, so that's made me a bit worried. She put me around 5 weeks instead of 6. It's possible my dates are out by a bit, but I can't see they could be out that much, because I was getting ms pretty early on. I know measurements aren't always v accurate early on, but I can't help worrying. It's going to be a long few weeks!

Hope all went well today Nat. Hope they got your notes!

Thumpette, have not had a chance to read your latest in you blog as had family from Oz over so busy. But I will as I too love the way you write, very eloquent and on the mark. How are you doing otherwise?

Wildflower yey about heart beat on the scan. I wonder if the measurements are that accurate and I thought you rarely saw a HB at 5 weeks. I think worry is very natural after all you have been through. I too had a MC before I lost Zoe, also T18 so our stories are sadly very similar.

AFM, well I got a BFP yesterday. I finally tested as I deep down knew I was pregnant. Had been having loads of cramping which I never have. I am really trying not to think about it at all as its so early. So let the worry commence!

Fantastic, congratulations Charlie! xx

Well I had my appointment and it went ok. The consultant was really nice, you know how some healthcare people aren't really people people, but she was good. She explained how my age will affect things (i'm 39) so gave us percentages of having another miscarriage. I'm still in the 25% zone, it's when I go over 40 the risk increases to 50%.

They took bloods so will be testing my thyroid, hormones and also blood clotting. It was in a way a good thing after all that they put the appointment back as one of the things they are testing is best done on certain days of your cycle, 3 or 4 I think she said. She said 'come in when your day 4 to get the bloods done' when I said I was on day 5 she said that was ok so I was able to go and get all the bloods done.

She also said to wait til July to try but I don't know about that!! If I was to fall this cycle I would still manage to have a baby age 39, but leaving it a month I'll be 40!! She said give your body a chance to settle down after the mc but in my opinion as it was only at 6 weeks, and af came back at the right time, I can't see how affected my body has been. It's not like a loss at a later time. We'll see!!

Nat appt sounds good. Great that you are getting lots of testing done. I agree I wouldn't want to wait until July especially like you say it was an early mc and your body has snapped back fast.

I have a feeling that I am having a chemical pregnancy. The line got darker yesterday but now is lighter than it was 2 days ok. I don't have any symptoms as such, which I know is early but normally I would be bloated now and I am not. Time will tell I guess. But now I am just expecting a late AF.

Nat appt sounds good. Great that you are getting lots of testing done. I agree I wouldn't want to wait until July especially like you say it was an early mc and your body has snapped back fast.

I have a feeling that I am having a chemical pregnancy. The line got darker yesterday but now is lighter than it was 2 days ok. I don't have any symptoms as such, which I know is early but normally I would be bloated now and I am not. Time will tell I guess. But now I am just expecting a late AF.

Aww hope everythings ok Charlie. :hugs:

Wildflower, hope everything is going ok? I'd deffo take seeing the little heartbeat as a good sign xxx

Charlie, fingers crossed for you that it's a sticky bean,

Nat, glad you got your appointment at last and that they are taking it seriously with tests eTc, I wouldnt wait either! Hopefully this is your month!

I'm cd 13 today's got my +opk this day last month but still neg today! 😟

Nat, so glad you got a nice dr at your appointment - it really makes a difference. I wouldn't worry about waiting either if you don't want to. It sounds like your body has got back into its usual cycle, so I can't see why you'd need to wait.

Charlie, hope things are ok? Really hope it was just a dud test and not a sign of a cp :hugs:

Do you usually ov on cd 13 thumpette or is it sometimes later? Have you had any ewcm? That's what I went by last cycle, dtd every couple of days, since I never did get my +opk.

Sickness has kicked in for me pretty bad at the moment! Although it's not nice, I'm hoping it's a good sign that things might be going ok.

How are you feeling wildflower?

Finally got a +opk yest. Hubby sick but managing to dtd so far! Brave solider! Just hoping even if I don't get pg this month that I'll have a decent luteal phase!

Good luck Thumpette!

Wildflower hope the sickness isn't too bad. Did you have that with your last pregnancy?

Well it was as I suspected a chemical pregnancy. Which is ok, better to go wrong straight away than later. So it's fine. I saw a FS after my loss with Zoe as I wanted some opinions on having investigations to make sure my insides were all ok after the traumatic nature of Zoe's birth, they did advise a hystoscopy which I will have over th next couple of months. Anyway I spoke to me FS today and told him about the chemical. He has advised me to have my natural killer cells tested. After I had my first daughter I developed post partum thyroiditis which then became Hashimoto's thyroiditis ( an auto immune disease) that can be connected to resurrect losses. Not sure how that would relate to Zoe though as she had T18. But I guess there's so much they don't know so worth getting it checked out.

I'm sorry charlie :hugs: Hoping your tests come back as showing no problems and it won't be long before you get your next bfp x

Good luck thumpette x

I do usually get sickness when I'm pregnant, so getting used to it now! Still feeling anxious and worried. 12 weeks can't come quick enough! If everything's ok at 12 week scan we've been thinking we might have the private nifty test to check for edwards. That'll be a worrying couple of weeks but I think I just need to know.

Sorry Charlie, hadn't seen your post. Lots of hugs xxxx

Wildflower, libel to hear things are progressing but of course your anxious. Test sounds like a good idea if it gives you some peace of mind. 4dpo today- not feeling hopeful because of the lack of ewcm- have a feeling I didn't ovulate at all. Started taking a vit b complex today to see if it'll lengthen my luteal phase. One of my friends who had her stillbirth the week after me just found out she's pregnant. Beyond thrilled for her- so hoping everything is ok! Here's to lots of rainbows lighting the sky! 🌈🌈🌈🌈

Hi ladies, how is everyone doing?

I'm plodding through 1st tri - time is still going by slowly. Got my first consultant app and 12 week scan on the 17th July.

Hope everyone's ok x

Ugh, just spent the evening at A&E. Got a blood test earlier from the gp because I've been feeling a bit breathless at times this week and the test came back slightly raised for chance of blood clot.

I can't have a scan till probably mon now as the u/s department is closed for the weekend! Dr in a&e seemed to think not likely a blood clot, but she couldn't say 100%. They've started me on injections just in case. Back home now but feeling worried!

Oh Wildflower sorry you have been in A&E with this added stress. I work in A&E, the blood test that they do to check for clots is always raised in pregnancy so very unreliable as a marker. So hopefully it's pregnancy breathlessness, which I get badly right from mid 1st tri and not a PE. But you're on the treatment in case. Hope it's nothing more than just another pregnancy irritation! Yey for scan date, how ar you feeling about that? Have you decided on NIPT?

I am fine. Unfortunately no TTC this month as OH is out of the country for my 5 fertile days, literally from CD 11 to 15!! Oh well what can you do? Next month it is!

How is everyone else doing?

Sounds scary wildflower but hang in there and hopefully it'll be nothing to worry about.

That's frustrating for TTC this month Charlie! I'd be kidnapping him lol!

I just got AF yesterday- no feb babba :( it's so crap- really thought it would have happened before I go back to work but I'm actually due back the day before AF is due next month. Feeling very down but weirdly not as completely devestated as last month. My cycle was 27 days this time and hadn't gone past 26 before. Starting to temp again too and might get fertility tests done just to see if there's anything obvious. I've started taking vit b6 complex to try to regulate luteal phase.

Wrote a blog yesterday asking people not to avoid talking to us about Max and have had lots of messages after it so I think that cheered me a bit yest. 🌈

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->