TTC After D&C/D&E Buddies

Me too! But I'm trying to watch TV and type at the same time. LAZY ME!

Twinkie, do you have a link to your FF chart?

How do you create a link? Don't I have to set something up first? I have never shared my chart before. Do you know?

Nevermind I figured it out here is a link:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33f1b7

I went back and looked at the last 4 cycles:
06/12 cycle- spotting 9dpo BFP 10dpo
05/12 cycle- spotting 8-10dpo, 10 day LP, 31 day cycle
04/09 cycle- spotting 9dpo, 12 day LP, 34 day cycle
02/27 cycle- spotting 11dpo, 11 day LP, 40 day cycle

I don't see your temperature shift until day 25ish.

If you're spotting every month before your AF and a short luteal phase, maybe you do have a progesterone deficiency. Will your dr prescribe some for you?

I use Crinone 8%.

I don't see your temperature shift until day 25ish.

If you're spotting every month before your AF and a short luteal phase, maybe you do have a progesterone deficiency. Will your dr prescribe some for you?

I use Crinone 8%.

Based on CM and my sore BBs I am thinking I O'd CD 21 (My sleeping patterns have been very crazy, I wake up 4 or 5 times in the middle of the night, so I don't know if that is causing the crazy temp dips or not). I definately don't think I O'd when FF thinks I did. My Dr. prescribed me progesterone when I was pregnant for spotting (progesterone at 19 dpo was 6.8), so I am sure he will prescribe it again if I need it. My game plan is this. I have a yearly exam in Oct so if I don't get pregnant this next cycle I plan on asking him if he will test my progesterone in my LP. He told me when I talked to him after my MC that he would do blood tests and an early U/S during my next pregnancy just for my own peace of mind so I am thinking that if I get a BFP this next cycle I will go that day and have my progesterone tested right away.

I don't want to sound like a know-it-all...I've done a lot of research on this topic, but I still get conflicting info. From what I understand, you really should be on the progesterone immediately after ovulation...within about 2-3 days so that it helps your lining build up. If you wait longer than that, it can still help, but you don’t really get the same benefits. It’s the lining that’s there WHEN the egg implants that’s important.

You can't use it before you ovulate or else it can cause you NOT to ovulate.

Also, if you DO start using it, you CANNOT stop using it until you know for sure you're not pregnant. Once you're on it, and then stop you can induce a miscarriage because the drop in progesterone can cause your lining to shed (just like a normal menstrual period).

The best/safest progesterone is supposedly either Crinone vaginal gel, or injectable progesterone. The pills are not as helpful because they have to be metabolized by the liver. I read on PubMed (site where research studies are published) that Crinone is as good or better than injectable progesterone.

As far as I know the pills are not considered safe, at least Prometrium isn’t, during pregnancy. From Drugs.com,

” E. Pregnancy Prometrium Capsules should not be used during pregnancy.”

But doctors do routinely prescribe it. I won’t risk it, even though it would be a lot easier to take a pill than use a vaginal suppository every day.

I don't want to sound like a know-it-all...I've done a lot of research on this topic, but I still get conflicting info. From what I understand, you really should be on the progesterone immediately after ovulation...within about 2-3 days so that it helps your lining build up. If you wait longer than that, it can still help, but you don’t really get the same benefits. It’s the lining that’s there WHEN the egg implants that’s important.

Also, if you DO start using it, you CANNOT stop using it until you know for sure you're not pregnant. Once you're on it, and then stop you can induce a miscarriage because the drop in progesterone can cause your lining to shed (just like a normal menstrual period).

The best/safest progesterone is supposedly either Crinone vaginal gel, or injectable progesterone. The pills are not as helpful because they have to be metabolized by the liver. I read on PubMed (site where research studies are published) that Crinone is as good or better than injectable progesterone.

As far as I know the pills are not considered safe, at least Prometrium isn’t, during pregnancy. From Drugs.com,

But doctors do routinely prescribe it. I won’t risk it, even though it would be a lot easier to take a pill than use a vaginal suppository every day.

Thanks for the info, it is so hard to educate yourself on the topic, because it seems that all dr's have a different opinion.

As far as when to take it I have heard different stories from different women. I know some that start after ovulation and others that start when the get their BFP. I will make sure to ask my doc in October!

My Dr. prescribed the prometrium pills. I have heard that some people say they are safe and others that say they aren't. I have heard that other forms than the pills are better, but at the time I was prescribed them I was just glad that my Dr. was taking my concerns seriously (The NP wasn't concerned about my Progesterone level being 6.8 even though I read that it was low). I will ask about the other forms of progesterone the next time I talk to my doc. (I think I better make a list of questions!)

Well hopefully the spotting will stay away and my levels won't be a concern!

No idea what is going on with my body, I have a little bit of mild cramping and when I got home from doing some running around today I had started spotting. I'm so confused, I am wondering if it has something to do with the dnc (3 weeks ago?) or maybe we were too rough during :sex: this afternoon :blush:. Or could it be the start of :af: this early after? Hopefully it stops and doesnt get heavy or anything ughh, just when I thought my body was gonna get back to normal :cry:

Thanks for the info, it is so hard to educate yourself on the topic, because it seems that all dr's have a different opinion.

As far as when to take it I have heard different stories from different women. I know some that start after ovulation and others that start when the get their BFP. I will make sure to ask my doc in October!

My Dr. prescribed the prometrium pills. I have heard that some people say they are safe and others that say they aren't. I have heard that other forms than the pills are better, but at the time I was prescribed them I was just glad that my Dr. was taking my concerns seriously (The NP wasn't concerned about my Progesterone level being 6.8 even though I read that it was low). I will ask about the other forms of progesterone the next time I talk to my doc. (I think I better make a list of questions!)

Well hopefully the spotting will stay away and my levels won't be a concern!

Oh and I guess I should note that I asked my NP about my MC and they don't think the progesterone was the problem, they think it was a blighted ovum (empty gestational sac at 7 weeks). I just want to make sure it is not a problem the next time!

I'm sorry Jenna. I totally feel you on this. Hope it gets sorted out!

No idea what is going on with my body, I have a little bit of mild cramping and when I got home from doing some running around today I had started spotting. I'm so confused, I am wondering if it has something to do with the dnc (3 weeks ago?) or maybe we were too rough during :sex: this afternoon :blush:. Or could it be the start of :af: this early after? Hopefully it stops and doesnt get heavy or anything ughh, just when I thought my body was gonna get back to normal :cry:

I had a bit of spotting about 3 weeks after my D&C and it stopped very quickly (it was more like blood tinged CM tmi I know). It was litterally only a couple times when I wiped or just a spot on my undies.

I drive myself crazy wondering why this happened, i was willing to believe my first two m/c were bad luck but now that I've had this loss in the second tri i just know there is something wrong. My dr told me if the genetics test comes back with something wrong with the baby then me and my husband will need to be tested for genetic abnormalities. That's what scares me, if dh or I have an extra chromosome or something I wonder if we'll ever be able to make a healthy baby. Another thing that drives me crazy is the last US pic i got of my baby after it died, there is no fluid what so ever around the baby. Was i leaking and didn't realize it? Did i have an infection that went undetected? Or did all of my fluid disappear after the baby died? I keep telling myself to calm down and wait till i get my results weds, really nothing else i can do.

I drive myself crazy wondering why this happened, i was willing to believe my first two m/c were bad luck but now that I've had this loss in the second tri i just know there is something wrong. My dr told me if the genetics test comes back with something wrong with the baby then me and my husband will need to be tested for genetic abnormalities. That's what scares me, if dh or I have an extra chromosome or something I wonder if we'll ever be able to make a healthy baby. Another thing that drives me crazy is the last US pic i got of my baby after it died, there is no fluid what so ever around the baby. Was i leaking and didn't realize it? Did i have an infection that went undetected? Or did all of my fluid disappear after the baby died? I keep telling myself to calm down and wait till i get my results weds, really nothing else i can do.

:hugs: I hope you get some answers. Knowing why our losses happened would just make trying again so much easier. We can't change the past, but hopefully we will be able to do all we can to have healthy babies in the future!

Does anyone else torture themselves by going on the pregnancy test thread and looking at everyone elses bfps? I just can't help myself from doing it!

Oh Aunie, I don't do that... not yet anyways... After I get a positive OPK and then get in my TWW then I will probably start to torture myself a bit.

Thanks for posting your FF chart Twinkie, I'll look at it in a bit.

Sorry you're bleeding jenna, I hope your body levels out soon, that has to just drive you crazy! I hit 3 weeks post D&C in about 5 days so I hope I avoid revisiting the fun fun spotting.

bastet - working out does make me feel loads loads better! It's hard but in a good way. And I am really hoping it will start to give me more energy, just trying to get in a routine. Today is my 3rd day in a row of working out, just need to keep it up. Unlike a lot of the ladies here, I've gain about 7 pounds since I first got the BFP, I'd like to get back in shape a bit.

Janet - No idea what supplements/suppositories/progesterone stuff ya'll are talking about is... I dunno. Not doing any progesterone/baby aspirin/expectorant/etc stuff here. Just taking prenatals, that's it. Not eating extra healthy or avoiding alcohol and caffeine (not till I get my BFP/closer to my TWW). I dunno, didn't really do much for me this last time around.

Reading the statistics of possibility to m/c again after your first when you already have had 1 live birth, kind of makes me feel a LOT better...

Personally I'm partially blaming the m/c on being on implanon just a month before I got my BFP and leaving it at that.

Awww, 2 year olds are ADORABLE!

I've blamed my m/c on everything so far. Every day I have a new theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->