TTC After D&C/D&E Buddies

Sounds like you're all set then, i have a good feeling for you this cycle!

Aunie, sorry i missed your earlier Q about whether i'd had any tests and yes i have had every test going and so has my DH and nothing is wrong. We are just waiting for the chromosome analysis after the erpc now so... x (i quoted the wrong thing on this post :wacko:)

Twinkie, how long is your cycle and how many dpo did you ov if you don't mind me asking? Also I think you should use Preseed. GL! x :dust: :dust: :dust:

Emum - thought this might be useful info for you:

9am this morning poas pregnancy test with ic's at 2 available sensitivites = negative BUT the 10miu does have the faintest of faintest, faintest lines when held up to the light and twisted compared to the 25 miu (I am keeping it so I have something to refer to when I test for BFP) It is VERY faint tho!

9.05 am poas with Clearblue digi = positive "1-2 pregnant"

(Just so you know i am trying to get a BFN at the mo and waiting for AF to start.)

Twinkie, how long is your cycle and how many dpo did you ov if you don't mind me asking? Also I think you should use Preseed. GL! x :dust: :dust: :dust:

My cycle is usually around 31/32 days and I O on CD 20/21. Last month I O'd on CD 20 (positive OPK on CD 19) so a positive OPK on CD 16 was suprising! (And since it was a digital test, I know it wasn't me reading it wrong, there is no mistaking a :)) I ended up using preseed last night, because I didn't feel as "wet" as I did the night before.

Does anyone else use a prenatal with DHA in it? I just realized that this is something I did different this month. The month I got pregnant I was also taking fish oil, which contains DHA. I have read that DHA is good for fertility as well as brain development in a baby. Has anyone else used a prenatal with DHA in it and had better results? Just wondering!

9am this morning poas pregnancy test with ic's at all available sensitivites (2) = negative

(Just so you know i am trying to get a BFN at the mo and waiting for AF to start.)

Wow your digi was more sensitive that the IC? That seems strange! Isn't it weird wishing for a BFN... I felt so strange after my MC poas and wishing for just one line!

Aunie, when you used an ic for your first positive how many dpo were you and how dark was the line? I am going to have to get one of my dad's 300 strong collection of magnifying glasses if they are this light for my next BFP! How's your pregnancy going so far? x

9am this morning poas pregnancy test with ic's at all available sensitivites (2) = negative

Wow your digi was more sensitive that the IC? That seems strange! Isn't it weird wishing for a BFN... I felt so strange after my MC poas and wishing for just one line!

Yes I know, it's an emotional and testing rollercoaster quite literally! Right so it is unusual for it to be so light then? Hmmm what am I doing wrong? I leave the ic's in for about 10 seconds and make sure they don't go above that line. :dohh:

My cycle is usually around 31/32 days and I O on CD 20/21. Last month I O'd on CD 20 (positive OPK on CD 19) so a positive OPK on CD 16 was suprising! (And since it was a digital test, I know it wasn't me reading it wrong, there is no mistaking a :)) I ended up using preseed last night, because I didn't feel as "wet" as I did the night before.

Does anyone else use a prenatal with DHA in it? I just realized that this is something I did different this month. The month I got pregnant I was also taking fish oil, which contains DHA. I have read that DHA is good for fertility as well as brain development in a baby. Has anyone else used a prenatal with DHA in it and had better results? Just wondering!

Ohhh that's good to know! I rushed out to buy Pregnacare this morning with the fish oil sup and that has DHA in it! :dance:

mechanisms including reduced ovarian arachidonic acid. Significant ovarian retention of EPA and DHA enhanced ovulation with unchanged total PGE and PGF. Lack of change in PGE may have resulted from reduced PGE₂ combined with increased PGE₃. When EPA alone was elevated, PGE was reduced, whereas PGF was increased. Results indicate that very high ALA intake enhances ovulation similar to very high EPA/DHA ingestion, an effect potentially mediated via similar patterns of PGF₂α and PGE₂ synthesis. :saywhat:

Maybe if I up the dose of all these things I will get twins!!!?? :baby::baby: Back to the pharmacy tomorrow to add to my ever expanding I WILL GET A BFP kit

mechanisms including reduced ovarian arachidonic acid. Significant ovarian retention of EPA and DHA enhanced ovulation with unchanged total PGE and PGF. Lack of change in PGE may have resulted from reduced PGE₂ combined with increased PGE₃. When EPA alone was elevated, PGE was reduced, whereas PGF was increased. Results indicate that very high ALA intake enhances ovulation similar to very high EPA/DHA ingestion, an effect potentially mediated via similar patterns of PGF₂α and PGE₂ synthesis. :saywhat:

Maybe if I up the dose of all these things I will get twins!!!?? :baby::baby: Back to the pharmacy tomorrow to add to my ever expanding I WILL GET A BFP kit

Haha! I will be happy with one healthy baby! Twins run in my family (I am a fraternal twin) so that is always in the back of my mind. I am not going to up my dose beyond what is in the prenatal, I think I will leave the chance up to mother nature!

Ugh! The second dose of progeserone seems to be worse than the first. I still feel kind of off today- and I had terrible hot flashes last night! It will be worth it in the end though!

Haha! I will be happy with one healthy baby! Twins run in my family (I am a fraternal twin) so that is always in the back of my mind. I am not going to up my dose beyond what is in the prenatal, I think I will leave the chance up to mother nature!

Ugh! The second dose of progeserone seems to be worse than the first. I still feel kind of off today- and I had terrible hot flashes last night! It will be worth it in the end though!

yeah perhaps you can have too much of something! But great detective work and powers of deduction on your part for what caused your early ov! Keep at it with the progesterone - is the brand you're taking Cytogest or something like that? Perhaps the side effects will tone down after a few days? I had my mashed yam today with butter and salt for my twin mission, it tasted much better like that. Off to do some research now about the effects of doubling up on DHA APQ ZRH or whatever these things are called. I'm going to rattle!! Hope you get your BFP this cycle, how exciting! :dust: :dust:

yeah perhaps you can have too much of something! But great detective work and powers of deduction on your part for what caused your early ov! Keep at it with the progesterone - is the brand you're taking Cytogest or something like that? Perhaps the side effects will tone down after a few days? I had my mashed yam today with butter and salt for my twin mission, it tasted much better like that. Off to do some research now about the effects of doubling up on DHA APQ ZRH or whatever these things are called. I'm going to rattle!! Hope you get your BFP this cycle, how exciting! :dust: :dust:

Well I am not saying that the DHA definately caused my earlier LH surge (and hopefully O), but it is really the only thing I did different this month. Even if I don't get my BFP this cycle, I will definately keep taking the vitamin with DHA.

I am actually taking Prometrium. I took this when I was pregnant, but I didn't have the same side effects. I am thinking the side effects will slow down some after I actually O. I think it has to do with my hormone levels rising and dropping when I take the pill. Hopefully after I O, my progesterone will stay more even since my body will be producing it too (just my theory). The last time I took it I took it twice a day and I didn't have the same fluctuations because I took it both morning and night. We'll see I guess.

Well I am not saying that the DHA definately caused my earlier LH surge (and hopefully O), but it is really the only thing I did different this month. Even if I don't get my BFP this cycle, I will definately keep taking the vitamin with DHA.

I am actually taking Prometrium. I took this when I was pregnant, but I didn't have the same side effects. I am thinking the side effects will slow down some after I actually O. I think it has to do with my hormone levels rising and dropping when I take the pill. Hopefully after I O, my progesterone will stay more even since my body will be producing it too (just my theory). The last time I took it I took it twice a day and I didn't have the same fluctuations because I took it both morning and night. We'll see I guess.

How how are you taking your prometrium? Vaginally or orally? Once a day?

How how are you taking your prometrium? Vaginally or orally? Once a day?

I am taking it orally 200mg once a day. Last time I took it I took 200mg orally twice a day.

Twinkie - Am I right in thinking you are taking Prometrium before you Ov?

I am taking it orally 200mg once a day. Last time I took it I took 200mg orally twice a day.

Did you take that before getting pregnant? I'm thinking I should do that before I start trying. What do you think?

Twinkie - Am I right in thinking you are taking Prometrium before you Ov?

A few days before, yes. I asked my Dr. if he really wanted me to take it before ovulation and he said yes. I asked some of the women from my support group and another said that her FS said you can't start taking it too early... so I started it yesterday (I may be Oing today, I will have to wait and see what my temps do).

Oh that's interesting. I always thought it had to be after ov since you need estrogen dominence but perhaps it's not a high enough dose to interfere with the estrogen for egg making,. obviously your doctor will know best. Good Luck catching that egg x

Oh that's interesting. I always thought it had to be after ov since you need estrogen dominence but perhaps it's not a high enough dose to interfere with the estrogen for egg making,. obviously your doctor will know best. Good Luck catching that egg x

Yeah I had heard that too, I was concerned that it would mess up O, but maybe I'm Ok because it was just a few days before O, so I already had the estrogen surge? I don't know, but I figured I better follow my Dr.'s directions! My OB/GYN has been practicing a long time and is in very high demand, so I am assuming he knows what he is talking about! If I don't get a BFP this month I will ask again before taking it next month.

Filipenko32-I got my bfp on an ic at 8 dpo (i think) the line was very light but you could see it without squinting. The lines on the ic's re still faint at 13 dpo but my frers are darker. I still don't have any pregnancy symptoms really, my nipples are a little itchy and my cm is thicker then normal but thats about it.
If i don't start bleeding by Tuesday I'll make an appointment with my gyno for an early u/s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->