• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC after D&C on 11/15

dueinMay

Mother of two boys
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had a D & C on 11/15 and I think I am all done bleeding. Anyone else on the same schedule. I want to try again ASAP but have no idea what to expect?? Don't know if I should buy some OPK's or just wait until my first AF post D & C? Looking for buddies in the same boat.

Hi there :flower:

Sorry for you loss.

I had an EPRC on the 13th November....waiting for my first AF before trying again (on doctors advise)

This wait is KILLING me, want to be TTC again already!

I bled for about 11 days...not too heavily though, and got a negative pregnancy test around the same time.

Had ovulation pains last Wed (14 days after procedure)...so hoping and praying AF arrives next Wed.

My cycle was like clock work pre MMC, 27 days, so hoping it gets back to normal ASAP.

Really hoping to have a positive test on 31st Dec! start 2013 as i mean to go on!

Are you waiting for first AF? Or trying straight away?

x

I took a pregnancy test last week and it still came up positive, I should take another. I keep going back and forth about waiting until my first AF, it seems that is what I should do since I really have no idea what cycle day I would be on right now. My doc said I probably won't have a period for 6 weeks, that seems so far away. I am very nervous about what is to come, as far as will I be fertile right away? Will I have trouble getting pregnant? How are you feeling about that?

I took a pregnancy test last week and it still came up positive, I should take another. I keep going back and forth about waiting until my first AF, it seems that is what I should do since I really have no idea what cycle day I would be on right now. My doc said I probably won't have a period for 6 weeks, that seems so far away. I am very nervous about what is to come, as far as will I be fertile right away? Will I have trouble getting pregnant? How are you feeling about that?

I know what you mean, i really wanted to try straigtht away, but the thing that made my decision to wait, was, if i were to get pregnant again straight and god forbid, miscarry again, I would always blame myself for not waiting...even if its totally unrelated, i know i would think it was my fault...

I have been told by lots of drs/nurses that you are most fertile up to 6 months after a MC and i have several friends that have miscarried and been pregnant within the first 3 cycles...so just really hoping that will be me too and feeling quite optimistic at the moment...

I knows its all going to be so stressful...worrying about getting pregnant again, when pregnant, worrying about miscarriage....just hoping and praying that our next little bean will be our forever baby

I have heard the same thing about being more fertile after a miscarriage, I also hope it is true for me.

We were "lucky" (so with thought) with this pregnancy, it only took two months to get pregnant. With our last baby we tried for well over a year and I ended up taking clomid. I kept thinking, man this is too good to be true. I guess it was.

How far along were you? Some days I feel positive, like you, others I feel so depressed and sad. Such a roller coaster.

We also got pregnant in our first cycle of trying, so couldn't believe our luck!

Baby had a heart beat at 7weeks 5 days, had stopped by the following week 8 weeks 4 days, had the EPRC at what would have been 9weeks...

I'm not sure I've totally dealt with it yet, just blocking it out really and focusing on getting a BFP.

Today was my appt for my 12week scan, felt sad today, my sister is also pregnant, we found out the same day, she had her scan on Monday, and put her pics on FB, really pleased for her, but sad for myself...

The first day i went back to work after a week off, 3 people announced their pregnancies in my department, aswell as numerous people on fb, so starting to get used to it now...not sure if i'm more aware because of my situation, but it does feel like everyone is getting pregnant! Even William and Kate are preganant!

I know exactly what you mean, all of a sudden it's like you are a magnet to all pregnant people. It is very hard. I work at in OB office, so it is constanly around me.

I aslo got to see my baby's heartbeat at my 8 week appointment. All was fine until I went in for my 12 week check, no fetal tones were found. Doctor said baby stopped growing at about 9 weeks.

I kind of feel like people just expect that you are fine because it was still early on, but I feel like it is a much bigger deal than that. I just want to scream, it's not like I just had a tooth pulled or something, that was a baby in there!!! AHH!

Ok, I think I feel better now.

May I join you ladies? My d&c was 11/20 and I stopped bleeding a few days ago. My baby was around 7 weeks. I hope to ttc as soon as possible, but I'll ask my doctor about the time frame tomorrow at my 2 week appointment.
I had been trying for 10 cycles, so this loss was hearbreaking. My dd only took 3 months even though I have endometriosis. I'm hoping to take advantage of my fertile window.
The worst part this wait. I'm in limbo. My opks are still pretty dark so I assume a hpt would be too.
meeky, I know what you mean about everyone else being pregnant. My SIL is pg and it's hard to hear her talk about her ms. Also, I actually cried a little when I found out Will and Kate are pregnant. :dohh: So pathetic. It's not like they're pg to spite me.
dueinMay, people do think it's not a big deal, but it totally is? Someone said, I should just focus on trying again, and, although I am, I wanted to say, "It's only been 2 weeks! It's not like buring cookies and starting over!"

Hey Mousy chick :flower:

Really sorry for your loss...its so heart breaking, and some days I wonder how I'm coping...other days I feel ok...

The limbo part is probably the worst, wanting to try, but knowing your body won't let you just yet (or that the drs have told you you shouldn't!)...The wait is killing me, I've honestly neer looked forward to a period as much as I am now....

One thing I did notice, is that I've never experienced ovulation pains before the MC, whereas last week I could really feel them....the same day I went for a reflexology massage, and she told me I was ovulating....so fingers crossed I was, and the witch will arrive sometime next week....will hopefully help when TTC too...have also bought sticks..

I know what you mean about Will and Kate, its constantly in the news papers, on the TV, The one Show even did a Special show a few nights ago, where people were announicng their pregnancies on TV...and I just felt numb....

I don't think people really understand what its like to have a MC, unless they've experieenced it themselves....its not only the loss of the baby to cope with, but the physically the bleeding, and also, for me, accepting the little life I was looking forward to and planning in my head from June onwards, isn't going to be anymore....

Everyone grieves in Different ways, and if you need to cry, then cry, no-one else can tell you when you should have moved on or stop being upset...

I hope that you both are pregnant again as soon as physically possible, nothing will replace the little bean we lost, but I know I won't be able to smile again properly, until I'm pregnant again

Are you doing anything different since the MC? I've started drinking Raspberry leaf tea
https://centerpregnancy.com/getting...hile-trying-to-conceive-and-during-pregnancy/

and taking

Royal Jelly https://natural-fertility-info.com/royal-jelly.html

Happy to keep this thread going to support:hugs::hugs:

xx

meeky, it's good that your having signs of ovulating. All the better to catch the eggy next time. ;) I never had o pains until a couple of months before miscarriage. I actually thought I had an ovarian cyst because I'd never felt that kind of pain before, but it was all fine. :blush: Still wondering if maybe the endo creeping back may have influenced the ovulation pain.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do this go around ttc. Last time I temped, used opks, prenatals, and preseed. I was on femara but I'm not doing that again. I've heard of raspberry tea and royal jelly, but haven't thought about trying it yet.
Honestly, right now I'm kind of in a soda and junk food kick. I should probably cool it and eat healthy, but I've been depressed.
It's good to have people to go through this journey with. I hope we can all be bump buddies. :hugs:

Fingers crossed that the Endo isn't causing the pains x

I bought Preseed for last time, but we fell so quickly I din't get to use it, will defo use it this time, as don't really have CM, and will try anythign to ensure we get that BFP asap! I'm also taking folic Acid, vitamin D and B12....

I cut out caffiene when I found ou ti was pregnant, but when I found out that I was going to miscarry, felt abit rebeliious, and drnak coffee/diet coke non stop for the first few weeks....am now reducing my intake gradually up until my AF...then will cut it out completely once she arrives...the Raspberyr tea is actualyl really nice, so finding it easy to substitute Coffee with that...I'm also intending to eat alot healthier once AF arrives...I'm eating plenty of Blueberries, Raspberries and Pineaple, as jave heard they are all good for fertility...

I don't want to get too obsessed with the whole TTC and almost feel liek the more I keep changing things, the more pressure I'm putting on myself...so will see what happens this month and go from there, just can't wait for to be CD1!!

Bump buddies would be great - PMA - we will be pregnant again in the very near future! :thumbup:

May I join you ladies? My d&c was 11/20 and I stopped bleeding a few days ago. My baby was around 7 weeks. I hope to ttc as soon as possible, but I'll ask my doctor about the time frame tomorrow at my 2 week appointment.
I had been trying for 10 cycles, so this loss was hearbreaking. My dd only took 3 months even though I have endometriosis. I'm hoping to take advantage of my fertile window.
The worst part this wait. I'm in limbo. My opks are still pretty dark so I assume a hpt would be too.
meeky, I know what you mean about everyone else being pregnant. My SIL is pg and it's hard to hear her talk about her ms. Also, I actually cried a little when I found out Will and Kate are pregnant. :dohh: So pathetic. It's not like they're pg to spite me.
dueinMay, people do think it's not a big deal, but it totally is? Someone said, I should just focus on trying again, and, although I am, I wanted to say, "It's only been 2 weeks! It's not like buring cookies and starting over!"

Hi and welcome! So sorry for your loss. I understand the feeling of being in limbo. We will all have to keep each other posted on when we are ovulating and such, we should be some what on the same schedule.
I love your example of burning cookies and starting over. :thumbup:

Fingers crossed that the Endo isn't causing the pains x

I bought Preseed for last time, but we fell so quickly I din't get to use it, will defo use it this time, as don't really have CM, and will try anythign to ensure we get that BFP asap! I'm also taking folic Acid, vitamin D and B12....

I cut out caffiene when I found ou ti was pregnant, but when I found out that I was going to miscarry, felt abit rebeliious, and drnak coffee/diet coke non stop for the first few weeks....am now reducing my intake gradually up until my AF...then will cut it out completely once she arrives...the Raspberyr tea is actualyl really nice, so finding it easy to substitute Coffee with that...I'm also intending to eat alot healthier once AF arrives...I'm eating plenty of Blueberries, Raspberries and Pineaple, as jave heard they are all good for fertility...

I don't want to get too obsessed with the whole TTC and almost feel liek the more I keep changing things, the more pressure I'm putting on myself...so will see what happens this month and go from there, just can't wait for to be CD1!!

Bump buddies would be great - PMA - we will be pregnant again in the very near future! :thumbup:

Great job on the healthy diet! I went nuts eating tuna and sushi right after my MC :wacko:

Bump buddies would be GREAT!!! I have my fingers crossed for all of us! :thumbup:

Got back from my post-op appointment. My doctor was kind of vague on things---he said he generally recommends 3 months but people have had successful pregnancies conceiving before then. We've decided to wait for a period to give time for the Paxil to work. I was uncertain about going on it, but he said it wouldn't delay my ttc; I'd just quit taking it when I get pregnant.
I've decided to take another week off work and go home to visit my mom. I think it'll help to not have to pull it together in front of people :haha:, to just bake Christmas cookies, and chill with my daughter while the hormones are leaving my body and the Paxil is taking affect.
I feel much calmer now that I have a plan for rejuvenation.

Hope you ladies are doing well. :thumbup:

I thought I'd comment and follow in here. I was induced on 17th November and delivered my angel that day. I'd had a poor prognosis at the scan at 12+1 and by the repeat scan at 13+3, baby had left us. I've been bleeding ever since, but for the last two weeks or more, it's been spotting. Pale, pinkish brown, can wear the same panty liner all day easily. I do just wish it'd stop and let normality return.

My husband returns from deployment in a month, and I'd love to be able to try from then. Our appointment with the obstetrician to discuss the genetics results is 7th January.

I'm so sorry for your loss mandaanda. :hugs: Welcome to our little group.

Mouse Chicky - I think how long you choose o wait is a personal choice. ON these forums its seems to range from 1 month to 3 months...but I don't' know that there's any medical reason to wait as long as 3? Pleased the Paxil won't affect TTC :)

A nice week visiting your mum will defo help, best to keep yourself busy, plus it will fill some of the time until your next AF! And yes, will be nice to just let your emotions be, and not have to suppress them

Really pleased you're feeling much calmer x It won't be too long before you're trying again and hopefully we'll all be posting in the First Trimester forum.

MandaAnda - Welcome and so sorry for your loss. Do you know why you had the miscarriage? I had an enlarged Yolk sac - which means there were more than likely Chromosome abnormalities. I won't be getting any "results" I don't think, although they will be testing the foetus. They said its not something that is a re-occurring thing, just basically bad luck :(

January will be great, start the new year a fresh and hopefully we'll all be expecting our rainbow babies in Sept/Oct

I'm so impatient for my period....really really hoping that it comes next Wed...that will be 4 weeks from EPRC, and 14 days since ovulation....All I'm thinking about at the moment is TTC again, its becoming a little obsessive, so AF cannot come quick enough! I know it can take up to 6 weeks normally, and in some ladies cases much much longer, that must be so tough :( Fingers crossed I'm one of the lucky ones

X

Meeky, my first scan showed an 8mm nuchal fold, fluid in the chest and abdominal cavities and a bright bowel. Baby really wasn't well, and they were surprised baby had lived that long, as they'd expect me to have already miscarried such an ill little one. They said it could be due to an infection or a chromosomal abnormality. From the research I've done and what I know, I'm pretty sure it was chromosomal. And the nuchal fold was so obvious on scan and even when I delivered my angel. The only reason I was offered testing really is because baby lived so long and that I has to be induced after it passed away. If I'd been earlier, like most women are, they wouldn't have offered anything, I don't think.

If this discharge didn't have the pinky/tan colouring, I would just say it was normal CM and not m/c related. I'd like for something to be normal when hubby gets home.

Just to say, I think it's just creamy cm. nothing on wiping. It's just the yellowishness of it that makes me wonder. But bfn today, so hormones must be gone. An opk showed a very light test line, so I'm now charting as creamy cm and hoping for ovulation. Hubby's home in 25 days, so it'll be interesting to see how it all works out.

Meeky, my first scan showed an 8mm nuchal fold, fluid in the chest and abdominal cavities and a bright bowel. Baby really wasn't well, and they were surprised baby had lived that long, as they'd expect me to have already miscarried such an ill little one. They said it could be due to an infection or a chromosomal abnormality. From the research I've done and what I know, I'm pretty sure it was chromosomal. And the nuchal fold was so obvious on scan and even when I delivered my angel. The only reason I was offered testing really is because baby lived so long and that I has to be induced after it passed away. If I'd been earlier, like most women are, they wouldn't have offered anything, I don't think.

If this discharge didn't have the pinky/tan colouring, I would just say it was normal CM and not m/c related. I'd like for something to be normal when hubby gets home.

I'm so sorry, it really is heart breaking. When i went for my first scan (paid for an early one at 7 weeks) the Doctor was also surprised to see a heart beat - she kept saying its "a unfortunate there's a heart beat"...because she was so certain it wasn't going to be a viable pregnancy...my partner and I thought this was a little insensitive of her...the second scan there was still a heartbeat and she was even more surprised, using the same "unfortunate"phrase, my Patner pulled her up on it, as it just seemed a little wrong to keep saying it, she explained that she was certain the pregnancy would not last, and atleast if the heartbeat had stopped, we could begin to grieve etc....still, thought it was abit harsh, and won't be having my next private scan with her!

I'm so worried that I can't have a healthy baby...I've not got any other children and although I know the chromosone abnormality is quite common, I still can't help but think "what if there's something seriously wrong with me"....I hoping my AF arrives today (CD27) or tomorrow...had a few crampy stomach aches over the weekend and my mood has been abit low, so a good few inidicators she's on her way! I can't wait to be on CD1!

Hope everyone is doing ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"