TTC after D&C (Soon)

It's strange how the advice differs in different countries! I don't understand the uterus lining needing to be thicker, a period sheds the uterine wall if nothing's been implanted so don't you always start the cycle with a thin uterine wall?

I think the most important factor is your own mindset. If you feel like you wish you'd done something differently last time then it's definitely important to change that before trying. Even if it had nothing to do with the mc it'll still put your mind at rest.

As for me, I'm on cd8 now and should hopefully be ovulating soon so I've got everything crossed! I know it's unlikely to get pregnant first time trying, but I'm staying positive. My last 2 pregnancies took 2 & 3 cycles so hopefully ill get a bfp before Christmas anyway!

It's strange how the advice differs in different countries! I don't understand the uterus lining needing to be thicker, a period sheds the uterine wall if nothing's been implanted so don't you always start the cycle with a thin uterine wall?

I think the most important factor is your own mindset. If you feel like you wish you'd done something differently last time then it's definitely important to change that before trying. Even if it had nothing to do with the mc it'll still put your mind at rest.

As for me, I'm on cd8 now and should hopefully be ovulating soon so I've got everything crossed! I know it's unlikely to get pregnant first time trying, but I'm staying positive. My last 2 pregnancies took 2 & 3 cycles so hopefully ill get a bfp before Christmas anyway!

I am on CD5 today, we caught quickly too last time and would LOVE a BFP for Christmas! :)

Good luck to you Anniebob!

calvinzoey - I too had a d&c on Aug 15th and am waiting on AF to show. I was almost 11 weeks too. Right before going into surgery I asked my dr how long to wait and he said a couple of cycles. I go back to see him on the 27th, so I plan to get more information, as I have been googling that it's ok after AF shows to try. I've seen some where some ppl have gotten pg before AF even started, but I'm terrified I would mc again, so I would rather wait even though it's so hard to be patient.

But I'm playing the waiting game too. I just hope AF comes in 4-6 weeks and not a couple months like some stories I've read :s

Oh, my follow up appointment in on the 28th! Seems we are keeping a pretty similar schedule of things. Hopefully we'll both get our AF sooner rather than later, and also get that healthy pregnancy too. :) keep me updated!

Yes I think we are on the same schedule. I just noticed you're in Miami, I am in south florida too. I am dying for my appointment tomorrow, I have so many questions. I am just obsessed about AF coming soon. I have been having twinges in my ovaries but I am not sure what to think. Plus I took a wondfo hcg test and it still showed positive so i doubt I could be ovulatin already. I typically have a 33-34 day cycle, so even for a regular cycle this would be too soon I think. Hopefully we both get AF soon. :flower:

Hello, I was just dropping in to say that I'm in a similar situation. I had a D&C yesterday. :( My first pregnancy (I'm 31) turned out to be a missed miscarriage discovered at 8 weeks, baby stopped growing at 6. I waited until I was almost 11 weeks and couldn't take it anymore, decided D&C was the best option to avoid complications or infections due to the baby being in there too long.

I'm very worried about miscarrying again. I find myself obsessed with information. I don't think it's healthy.. I spend so much time right now researching when it's safe to try again, what could have gone wrong, what to do to conceive again. I'm considering diet and exercise, fertility yoga and some supplements to prepare myself for the next pregnancy. I want to be sure my uterus is in the best possible condition to carry a baby, but I might be worrying more than I need to be.

I am definitely waiting at least one cycle, but maybe two or three. My husband wants to try again right away, but I'm too worried my uterine lining might not be thick enough. I also want to chart a cycle or two and see if my luteal phase is long enough. My first cycle off bcp was only 9 days, then I got pregnant. I'm not sure if that was related to my miscarriage.

Do I sound neurotic to you, because I do to me!

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. It helps to know there are others going through the same thing.

Hi BabyDue

I don't think you sound neurotic at all, if you're neurotic then I would probably be in the same boat too :haha:

I'm also trying to use this time to do some yoga and focus on losing a little weight in the interim. I'm not sure when my baby aka blueberry stopped growing but I had my d&c at 11 weeks. I started bleeding the day before and went to the ER and they determined I was miscarrying and performed the D&C that day. My hubby wants to wait for the cycle after AF starts, but I so want to try now but am scared about the whole lining issue I have heard about as well. So I may just wait, but I'm not sure. I think trying all the things you mentioned is a good thing, it helps take your mind off of worrying and obsessing too....at least for me it does.

We'll all be pregnant again soon :dust:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a d&c on 19th aug when I should have been 14 weeks (I started bleeding at 12 1/2 weeks but there were retained products after 1 1/2 weeks of heavy bleeding so I had the surgery)

I'm now on cd5 and trying right away, our hospital advises that is safe to try right away but for dating purposes it's good to wait one cycle. I just can't wait so we'll see how it goes! Lets just hope o or AF happen quickly for all of us!

Hey Anniebobs, they told you it was ok to start right away? I so wish they told me that! I'm almost tempted to start right away too. Do you know what your hcg level is now? I took a test 2 days ago and it was a dark positive so I know I probably still have a lot of hcg in my system. I heard you won't O until the hcg is at a minimal amount, so I'm not sure when to start counting. Are you counting the day of your d&c as CD1?

Yes that's what the doc said, I think that's the standard advice in the UK because I was given a leaflet which said the same. Think the only time they'd tell someone to wait is if they had an eptopic pregnancy. I have taken ics for the last 3 days and you can see the line getting lighter, todays is so light that if I was looking for a BFP I'd guess it was the indent line. I don't think I'd get a positive on a FRER and I got a negative OPK so I guess my HCG levels are pretty low now. I'm counting the D&C as day 1 because the scan I had the morning of the D&C showed I still hadn't passed a 5cm deflated sac, I think most people count from when they pass the sac (in a natural miscarriage) or the D&C date.

Castaway so sorry for your loss, sucks that we have to be TTC when we should already be pregnant. :hugs:

I guess it does vary from country to country. I see my Dr tomorrow and will have to question him some more. I so want to start now. I took a wondfo test and I had a light line. I think in another week it should all be gone FX. If I counted from the date of my D&C I should be cd12 right now, I don't usually ovulate till around cd20 so I would still have another week. If my dr gives me the go ahead to try this cycle I am so going for it! :winkwink:

Good luck to all of us :dust:

calvinzoey - I too had a d&c on Aug 15th and am waiting on AF to show. I was almost 11 weeks too. Right before going into surgery I asked my dr how long to wait and he said a couple of cycles. I go back to see him on the 27th, so I plan to get more information, as I have been googling that it's ok after AF shows to try. I've seen some where some ppl have gotten pg before AF even started, but I'm terrified I would mc again, so I would rather wait even though it's so hard to be patient.

But I'm playing the waiting game too. I just hope AF comes in 4-6 weeks and not a couple months like some stories I've read :s

Oh, my follow up appointment in on the 28th! Seems we are keeping a pretty similar schedule of things. Hopefully we'll both get our AF sooner rather than later, and also get that healthy pregnancy too. :) keep me updated!

Yes I think we are on the same schedule. I just noticed you're in Miami, I am in south florida too. I am dying for my appointment tomorrow, I have so many questions. I am just obsessed about AF coming soon. I have been having twinges in my ovaries but I am not sure what to think. Plus I took a wondfo hcg test and it still showed positive so i doubt I could be ovulatin already. I typically have a 33-34 day cycle, so even for a regular cycle this would be too soon I think. Hopefully we both get AF soon. :flower:

Oh, we're on the same schedule and live close by each other. How funny! :happydance:

My cycle is also between 33-34 days, ironically. I've been feeling twinges in my left ovaries as well, but just like with you, I don't think I'm ovulating yet.

I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, and mine too on Wednesday. I'm really ready to try again. When I was having the mc, and after the D&C, I really thought I was going to wait a few months. It's funny how quickly that turned around. I'm excited to get started again, but nervous as to how it will turn out.

Good luck tomorrow! Get your questions answer! :winkwink:

Hi ladies, I came on here to post my own thread but got caught by this one.

I found out on the 23rd July at 10w1 day that our sweet baby's heart had stopped at 8w3d. I took it pretty hard. I had a D&C on the 24th July, and admitted to hospital a few hours after I got home with a virus and suspected infection, I spent 24 hours in hospital.
I was advised to wait 1-2 cycles by my gyno, she said more so that my mind is ready. She explained atleast one cycle is necessary so the lining of my uterus can return to a normal thickness to avoid another mc, this was the same advise by 2 other GP's.

Just a quick question if I may, I spotted until 2 weeks after the D&C and now I've been spotting for the past 4 days (it's almost 5 weeks since my D&C) my spotting has been creamy brown, red blood, stringy brown ... Sorry tmi. Have you had this? Could I spot for 4 days prior to my period? My gyno told me my period would be 4-8 weeks after my D&C.

Thanks in advance ladies. Big hugs to you all xx
hey missy moo. yes you can have bleeding off and on after a d&c. I had 2 d&cs and bled for about a month straight. and I also had spotting after bding for about another month. I did not try to get pg until my af. I had my last d&c June 19th. I just got my af aug 8th and then again 2wks later. ppl have gotten pg before af and had normal pgs. good luck.

Hi Girls

Another ttc here, had a D & C 2 weeks ago at 15 weeks and finding the time is dragging so much and finding it so hard. I want to start trying straight away but the doctor is saying to wait for 2 periods. I can't wait that long and worried that it won't ever happen again now :nope:

Hi Girls

Another ttc here, had a D & C 2 weeks ago at 15 weeks and finding the time is dragging so much and finding it so hard. I want to start trying straight away but the doctor is saying to wait for 2 periods. I can't wait that long and worried that it won't ever happen again now :nope:

I'm doing my own personal research and probably going to try after my first period, despite what the doctor says. I'm a nurse, and I see really know reason not to. I do have to say that obstetrics is not my area of work, I just can't think of any reason. I've talked to other nurses and told them my doctor days 3-4 months, and they couldn't believe it! And I've heard many success stories of people who never waited.

I'm waiting until after one cycle for dating purposes and to help my uterus return to normal. :thumbup: I have my follow up appointment from my D&C tomorrow, and I plan to flat out tell my doctor that I am not waiting 3-4 cycles. If he doesn't give me a really good reason to wait, then I'm trying. Part of me is wanting to try after I get the o-k to have sex. :smug:

I'm very sorry for your loss! It's really hard! I had mine at 11 1/2 weeks (the D&C done at 12 weeks). I was shaken up at the idea that for almost 3 months I was pregnant and really happy. I was nervous about mc'ing up until about 10 weeks, when the pregnancy really started to sink in and I accepted it. So it was really rough to lose it. I'm fine most of the time, but then I have moments where I just break down. :cry:

Good luck, and consider talking to your doctor and telling him you are just not going to wait. See what he says. :winkwink:

Hi girls

So I had my follow up visit this morning. I told myself I wouldn't cry....and o well, I started crying while there:cry:

However, on a good note, my dr gave me the go ahead to start trying once AF shows up :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I told him that it took us a while to get pg this last time and to wait 2-3 cycles would be torture!! He said we didn't have to wait that long we could start asap, but for dating purposes he rather e wait till after AF got here and not during this period. I'm very excited and can't wait to tell DH.

calvinzoey - let me know what your dr says tomorrow at your follow up.

Haley - I miscarried at almost 11 weeks, and yes it is hard. Time is dragging right now for me too, I just want AF to show up already! Did you ask your dr about trying sooner? In the hospital before my D &C he had said 2 periods, but after speaking with him today at my follow up appointment he said after AF shows up we can start right away.

Hi girls

So I had my follow up visit this morning. I told myself I wouldn't cry....and o well, I started crying while there:cry:

However, on a good note, my dr gave me the go ahead to start trying once AF shows up :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I told him that it took us a while to get pg this last time and to wait 2-3 cycles would be torture!! He said we didn't have to wait that long we could start asap, but for dating purposes he rather e wait till after AF got here and not during this period. I'm very excited and can't wait to tell DH.

calvinzoey - let me know what your dr says tomorrow at your follow up.

Haley - I miscarried at almost 11 weeks, and yes it is hard. Time is dragging right now for me too, I just want AF to show up already! Did you ask your dr about trying sooner? In the hospital before my D &C he had said 2 periods, but after speaking with him today at my follow up appointment he said after AF shows up we can start right away.

:yipee: I'm happy for you! Maybe my doctor will say the same thing! I hope so. I'd much prefer to try with the doctor's ok, but I probably will try anyway. :winkwink:

Anyway, congrats on the good news. And I'll let you know how my appointment goes tomorrow!

I'm going to wait for one AF and then start trying straight away, I can't wait for 3 cycles as this is torture :nope:

I'm just hoping that AF will turn up soon - at the moment I'm so stressed and can't sleep for worrying about things :0(

I'm going to wait for one AF and then start trying straight away, I can't wait for 3 cycles as this is torture :nope:

I'm just hoping that AF will turn up soon - at the moment I'm so stressed and can't sleep for worrying about things :0(

Try not to worry too much....I know it's easier said that done though :flower:
I hope AF will turn up soon too but I just have a feeling it will take about 6 weeks for her to show up for me, and I've only gone 2 weeks, so 4 more weeks to go.:coffee:

I'm inpatient and anxious about it too, and I know I have a few weeks to go before getting my af. Waiting is hard. :( just try to keep your mind off it. I watch tv when I sleep to distract myself from thinking too deeply and worrying about things. :)

I'm inpatient and anxious about it too, and I know I have a few weeks to go before getting my af. Waiting is hard. :( just try to keep your mind off it. I watch tv when I sleep to distract myself from thinking too deeply and worrying about things. :)

calvinzoey - I'm stalking for your dr's apt update :blush: any updates as yet?

My appointment is in 20 minutes (I'm 1 minute away from the doctor). =)

I'll update when I get back, right away! :laugh2:

I'm not happy about what my doctor said. He's very old fashion, which probably explains why. He is very strict about me waiting 3 months. Even offered birth control pills.

Luckily I didn't cry at the office, but I was worried I might. I was angry! Angry at pregnant people, granted they didn't deserve my anger. And angry at the doctor for not giving me the okay to get pregnant sooner... and for not giving me any reason. :ignore:

I don't think I'm going to listen. Maybe I'll get a second opinion, because I would really like a doctor to say it's okay.

We'll see. I'm a nurse, but I work in a nursing home, so this really isn't my area. But from what I know, I can't think of any good reason why I should wait. :shrug:

Maybe I'll take your doctor's advice? lol I have no prexisting health conditions. No problems with the D&C. So... :finger: Forget my doctor. He's rated badly online anyway!!

I'm not happy about what my doctor said. He's very old fashion, which probably explains why. He is very strict about me waiting 3 months. Even offered birth control pills.

Luckily I didn't cry at the office, but I was worried I might. I was angry! Angry at pregnant people, granted they didn't deserve my anger. And angry at the doctor for not giving me the okay to get pregnant sooner... and for not giving me any reason. :ignore:

I don't think I'm going to listen. Maybe I'll get a second opinion, because I would really like a doctor to say it's okay.

We'll see. I'm a nurse, but I work in a nursing home, so this really isn't my area. But from what I know, I can't think of any good reason why I should wait. :shrug:

Maybe I'll take your doctor's advice? lol I have no prexisting health conditions. No problems with the D&C. So... :finger: Forget my doctor. He's rated badly online anyway!!

Awww, I'm sorry he didn't give you the go ahead:hugs: I don't get it either, I don't see why so long, 3 months?? :shrug: Not to steer you either way, but he would have to give me a real reason to wait 3 months to be honest.

I can understand the whole anger towards to pg women thing, I think I felt more envious than angry when I saw them at my dr's appointment...but don't worry, that will be us soon!!! :winkwink:

I'm already prepping to get pg, bought ovulation tests and hcg tests so I'm prepared for when my cycle starts. DH is like o boy, she's about to start planning and obsessing again lol. I've started back the gym to try to lose some weight too in the interim, to try to keep myself distracted.

So what do you think you're going to do? Get a second opinion? wait? start trying after AF?

Awww, I'm sorry he didn't give you the go ahead:hugs: I don't get it either, I don't see why so long, 3 months?? :shrug: Not to steer you either way, but he would have to give me a real reason to wait 3 months to be honest.

I can understand the whole anger towards to pg women thing, I think I felt more envious than angry when I saw them at my dr's appointment...but don't worry, that will be us soon!!! :winkwink:

I'm already prepping to get pg, bought ovulation tests and hcg tests so I'm prepared for when my cycle starts. DH is like o boy, she's about to start planning and obsessing again lol. I've started back the gym to try to lose some weight too in the interim, to try to keep myself distracted.

So what do you think you're going to do? Get a second opinion? wait? start trying after AF?

I'm not entirely sure what my plan is. I know for one that 3 months is too long for me to wait. I know two family friends in Germany who got pregnant a month after their mc - they had a normal pregnancy and currently have their baby. :dance:

For now I'm going to wait for my af. Normally, like I said before, I'm on a 35 day cycle. But I'm having all the symptoms of ovulation for me. I just have a feeling I won't have to wait long. We'll see though. In the next couple weeks leading up to my af, I'll decide if I want to see another doctor or not. Maybe I'll ask one of the doctors at my work, granted this isn't their specialty either. Either way, I want to find a new doctor. I was happy with this one from the start, but he's located very close to my house, so it was convenient.

Did they do a scan on you? They didn't scan me until they worried I was having a mc, at 11 1/2 weeks. I requested on earlier too. He said not until 16-18 weeks. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->