TTC after D&C (Soon)

We are starting to TTC tonight, first time since our loss. I hear you on waiting 3 months that would be hard for me too. I am at a month and half...and scared but want to try...:nope:

calvinzoey - well I guess you should just go by how you feel once AF shows up and if you feel ready to go for it that cycle then do so. If you don't feel ready then wait.
:happydance::happydance: yayyy for ovulation symptoms, that's awesome that you won't have to wait long. If you are ovulating that means AF should show up soon....looks like you just might be on your TTC way sooner than later.
My dr did do a scan at 7 weeks, I heard the heart beat and everything. I even saw it beating, I think it might have been less traumatic for me if I didn't get scanned and saw and heard everything. It's a haunting memory sigh.

castawaybride - :hugs: I think we all will suffer from the fear/worry that things will end up the same way, but I'm trying to stay positive and have faith it will happen and go full term with a healthy bubba. I think you should too.
I'm actually excited for you to be honest, that it's time for you to start trying :wohoo: and just a tad jealous since I'm still in the waiting zone while my hcg takes it's sweet time to leave my system. If you do want to try like you said, I'm cheering for ya, go for it! It's going to work out :flower:

calvinzoey - well I guess you should just go by how you feel once AF shows up and if you feel ready to go for it that cycle then do so. If you don't feel ready then wait.
:happydance::happydance: yayyy for ovulation symptoms, that's awesome that you won't have to wait long. If you are ovulating that means AF should show up soon....looks like you just might be on your TTC way sooner than later.
My dr did do a scan at 7 weeks, I heard the heart beat and everything. I even saw it beating, I think it might have been less traumatic for me if I didn't get scanned and saw and heard everything. It's a haunting memory sigh.

castawaybride - :hugs: I think we all will suffer from the fear/worry that things will end up the same way, but I'm trying to stay positive and have faith it will happen and go full term with a healthy bubba. I think you should too.
I'm actually excited for you to be honest, that it's time for you to start trying :wohoo: and just a tad jealous since I'm still in the waiting zone while my hcg takes it's sweet time to leave my system. If you do want to try like you said, I'm cheering for ya, go for it! It's going to work out :flower:

Thank you! Hoping to give it a go tonight! :haha:

calvinzoey- I also hope you don't have to wait the 3 months. It took me 2 months to get my AF and I have no O symptoms really to see if I had before my AF. So I'm pretty much waiting to see if I O sometime this month as I got AF 2 wks after my first AF! Good luck to you and if the dr asks why you didn't wait, just play dumb! "I had no idea!!!":thumbup:

Castaway: Oh I'm a bit jealous you can start trying now! I wish you the best of luck! And I think I'm going to try after one AF. I really - really - don't want to wait 3 months. It's silly!

MJ: Yeah I can imagine that would make it a lot harder. I still will be demanding a scan next time I get pregnant. Because I had a suspected blighted ovum (he never confirmed that it was 100% that), I could have suspected something was wrong much earlier. What gets me upset the most is that I started to stop worrying about losing the baby, two weeks before I had the mc.

I really feel like I'm ovulating, so we'll see. =) Hoping for a af soon!

Penguin: That's a good plan! I like the "play dumb" idea. I'll be going to a new doctor, which will be easier to play dumb to. =)

Good luck to all of us! <3

Hi ladies - can i join you? I didn't have a d&c but something i don't even know the name of but from the info i was given it was the same as a d&c but i just did it under local anaesthetic rather than general. I didn't have much choice as was due to go on holiday the following day so wanted it done asap!
A bit of background for me - i came off bcp in may 2012 but didn't get af back until aug 2012. 5 months of intensive ( if you know what i mean lol;-)!) trying we got a bfp and were thrilled. 12 week scan came and went and everything looked good. 10 days later I was getting ready for work when i suddenly got really bad pains. Turns out it was ectopic and had emergency surgery to remove baby and left tube.
We were devastated but I'm heading towards 33 so got right back on the horse. We got another bfp the day before the 3 month anniversary of the surgary. Again thrilled but short lived. At 7.5 weeks we found out that both twins heartbeats had stopped and we had the procedure.

So here I am - it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since the procedure and i only have one tube. I'm encouraged that this pregnancy was in the right place and that we got another bfp so quickly but i don't think i'll be so quick next time. I've stopped bleeding in the last couple of days but still a bit sore. Did any of you find that you were super dry down there after the d&c? My skin is so dry I've been getting small tears (sorry if tmi!!)
anyway. The doctor said to wait one cycle but I'm tempted to start straight away. I would normally wait the one cycle but there's that niggly bit of my brain that knows that i only have one tube so if i o from my right side i need to catch it as the following month I'm likely to o on my left ( i seem to alternate according to o pains)
I also have long wonky cycles so i kind of think that my body would have time to recover as i'm not expecting to o until around 6 weeks after my op judging by my ectopic and after coming off the pill - my body is a quite slow in responding and even in normal cycles i o late cd19-28.
So...I'm hoping to get your thoughts....try this cycle or not? We've not dtd since the op ( even though we're on holiday:-( ) as worried about infection but know i probably have a few weeks before we need to make the decision.
Sorry to write such a rambling, long e-mail - once i got started i couldn't stop!

Hopefully this is a lucky board for us all!

Castaway - good luck for tonight and dtd! I'm also quite jealous that you are back in the game!! x

Castaway: Oh I'm a bit jealous you can start trying now! I wish you the best of luck! And I think I'm going to try after one AF. I really - really - don't want to wait 3 months. It's silly!

MJ: Yeah I can imagine that would make it a lot harder. I still will be demanding a scan next time I get pregnant. Because I had a suspected blighted ovum (he never confirmed that it was 100% that), I could have suspected something was wrong much earlier. What gets me upset the most is that I started to stop worrying about losing the baby, two weeks before I had the mc.

I really feel like I'm ovulating, so we'll see. =) Hoping for a af soon!

Penguin: That's a good plan! I like the "play dumb" idea. I'll be going to a new doctor, which will be easier to play dumb to. =)

Good luck to all of us! <3

Calvin my girlfriend is going to school to be an OB. She said after one AF your uterus is healhty enough to carry a baby, however, it is more about vitamin depletion and the healh of the woman (emotionally as well) when they ask you to wait longer. I would say, and I am NO doctor, but if you feel good and want to try after your AF go for it :thumbup:

Hi ladies - can i join you? I didn't have a d&c but something i don't even know the name of but from the info i was given it was the same as a d&c but i just did it under local anaesthetic rather than general. I didn't have much choice as was due to go on holiday the following day so wanted it done asap!
A bit of background for me - i came off bcp in may 2012 but didn't get af back until aug 2012. 5 months of intensive ( if you know what i mean lol;-)!) trying we got a bfp and were thrilled. 12 week scan came and went and everything looked good. 10 days later I was getting ready for work when i suddenly got really bad pains. Turns out it was ectopic and had emergency surgery to remove baby and left tube.
We were devastated but I'm heading towards 33 so got right back on the horse. We got another bfp the day before the 3 month anniversary of the surgary. Again thrilled but short lived. At 7.5 weeks we found out that both twins heartbeats had stopped and we had the procedure.

So here I am - it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since the procedure and i only have one tube. I'm encouraged that this pregnancy was in the right place and that we got another bfp so quickly but i don't think i'll be so quick next time. I've stopped bleeding in the last couple of days but still a bit sore. Did any of you find that you were super dry down there after the d&c? My skin is so dry I've been getting small tears (sorry if tmi!!)
anyway. The doctor said to wait one cycle but I'm tempted to start straight away. I would normally wait the one cycle but there's that niggly bit of my brain that knows that i only have one tube so if i o from my right side i need to catch it as the following month I'm likely to o on my left ( i seem to alternate according to o pains)
I also have long wonky cycles so i kind of think that my body would have time to recover as i'm not expecting to o until around 6 weeks after my op judging by my ectopic and after coming off the pill - my body is a quite slow in responding and even in normal cycles i o late cd19-28.
So...I'm hoping to get your thoughts....try this cycle or not? We've not dtd since the op ( even though we're on holiday:-( ) as worried about infection but know i probably have a few weeks before we need to make the decision.
Sorry to write such a rambling, long e-mail - once i got started i couldn't stop!

Castaway - good luck for tonight and dtd! I'm also quite jealous that you are back in the game!! x

So sorry for your loss Hils, I can tell you after our BD last night I was dry down there. They sell Pre Seed, it is a baby making lube that helps! They sell applicators so you can get it close to your cervix and it helps the sperm on their journey. We used that last night and it helped. My doctor said as time goes on being intimate will get easier. I am assuming the procedure you had is having the body mimic the effects of giving birth on the body. Our bodies tend to have a reaction similar to menopause. When woman breast feed they also get very dry down there....Good luck!

I hope you all get your AF soon (crazy that we would be excited to see AF!?) :hugs:

Good luck to everyone ttc. I'm trying to wait for my AF as I still am getting some brown discharge after the D and C and don't want to run the risk of infection :nope: Sorry for the TMI!

My doctor said to wait for 2 cycles but even then he wasn't really concrete about it so I think if you feel ready then you should go for it!

Join us, please! :hugs:

I'm so sorry about your losses! And I say start trying right away! The worst that could happen this month is you ovulate from the other side and don't get pregnant. Might as well start trying. :winkwink:

As for being super dry down there? I have more of the opposite issue since pregnancy. I know that cervical mucous helps transport the sperm into the uterus, so maybe ask your doctor or do some research to see what may help. I think it will increase your chance of conceiving if you figure out why, or find a solution. :thumbup:

And good luck! I say try! <3

Castaway: Yes, I've heard that before on the forums somewhere (that new doctors, or students, say try right away). My doctor is very old fashion in things. Or should I say my x-doctor? :winkwink:

Good luck to everyone ttc. I'm trying to wait for my AF as I still am getting some brown discharge after the D and C and don't want to run the risk of infection :nope: Sorry for the TMI!

My doctor said to wait for 2 cycles but even then he wasn't really concrete about it so I think if you feel ready then you should go for it!

First off: Sorry for 3 separate posts. I got lazy and this seemed easy. :blush:

How long has it been since your D&C?

Your going to try after your AF? If so, it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one ignoring the doctor. :thumbup:

Hilslo - welcome :flower: - I'm 2 weeks post d&c too. So just here waiting for AF. I got a little confused with your post, the dr did a 12 week scan on you and said everything looked fine? and they didn't see the ectopic at all?
As for dryness, it varies month to month for me. Some months I'm fine but other months I am dry and I use preseed. It really helps a lot and it's supposed to be sperm friendly too.

lol @ penguin - I like the play dumb idea :haha:

calvinzoey - I still say if you feel like going for it, then do so. 3 months is just crazy to me!

castaway - I'm glad you did go for it. Cheering for ya!:happydance:

Haley - I agree, if you're still getting brownish discharge then it might be best to wait it out. FX it goes away soon for you :)

Thank you all so much - we all sound so similar!
Castaway - yes - they did give me a couple of drugs to take before the op so the menopause thing makes sense. I've never got that much cm. After the ectopic we bought some preseed and caught the egg that same cycle so I'm definitely going to use it again!!!
Mj2013 - wierdly, yes with my ectopic the sonographer did not notice that it was growing un the wrong place. It didn't impact the end result - I would have still lost the baby and tube either way by that stage. I'm definitely ensuring I don't get him next time though!!

Talked to a lot of people at work! Quite a few of them had MC's and D&C's, and most got pregnant with a healthy baby within the next month or two. None of them really waited to try. In fact, they said they really weren't trying, but it just happened.

I know after a MC you are more fertile for the first 3 months. So I say let's use that to our advantage! :flower:

Thanks calvinzoey - that's really cheered me hope. I have everything crossed that it happens to all of us!!!!

I agree, from what I've read you're supposed to be more fertile during this time, so fingers crossed.
On another note I took an hpt today and it's still a very bright positive. I think I have a while to wait before AF or even ovulation occurs.

Sorry mj. The one time we want to see a negative and the glaring bfp stares at you. Not fun. I'm going to take one when i get home on Sunday. Praying for a negative but fear it won't be either. It will get there but again it's just a waiting game (just like everything in ttc and pregnancy lol!)

So I am cd15 and still no sign that I am going to O soon. Took my OPKs (which I have only done 2 other times) and there is no hint of a line at all. So I'm guessing once again I did not O but bding anyways. lol

how is everyone today?

Hey penguin
Do you temp as well? I O late, typically between CD20-23 becuase my cycles are about 33-35 days. How long are your cycles? maybe you are a late Oer too. Don't give up, keep testing on those opk's!!!

I'm hanging in there, I still have positive opk's and hpt's, so I am just waiting around for the hcg to go away or AF to show.....hopefully soon too. I had twinges in my ovary this week and was hoping it was ovulation but with a positive hpt test I don't think that is really the case.

I didn't start temping until about 4 days ago. Do you have to do it in the morning? I haven't had time in the morning and have been temping at 7pm. They were rising like .1 degree at a time but this evening dropped. I dunno. I hope I just started Oing later. My cycle is usually around 30 days but who knows after my 2 d&cs. Plus I got my AF the beginning of the month and got it again 15 days later. Ugg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->