TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

May be tmi but fiancé and I we bd and he said my nipples feel bigger. Don't know if that's a sign or not

Hi ladies,

I had my last injection in February and have just today started my AF. It was induced by the med norethisterone 5mg (x3 tablets a day for 10 days). It is a period delay treatment, but after having done my own research on good old google for two weeks, I found that doctors regularly prescribe it to bring on AF.

There was no way I was going to wait 12-18 months for AF to return, so took matters into my own hands by getting an online consultation with a registered GP and the meds via my local chemist. Cost me under £10 for the prescription and the meds, as it was done privately.

I started taking norethisterone on CD57 and finished the tabs on CD66. On CD69 AF arrived, so it only took 3 days after stopping norethisterone for my AF to show up. Although it is an induced bleed, it is a bleed nonetheless and I am hoping that it kick-starts my body into what it should be doing. If I get no AF in 4-5 weeks time, I will be taking norethisterone again to induce another bleed. I will do this until AF is regular. I have checked and norethisterone is safe to take for this very purpose.

This is a post for anyone wanting to speed up the process of AF returning!

Hoping you all get your bfps asap!

Hopefully it will be a sign of my body trying to flush everything out. I just found it strange as there was a lot of it...sorry.

Hi ladies,

I had my last injection in February and have just today started my AF. It was induced by the med norethisterone 5mg (x3 tablets a day for 10 days). It is a period delay treatment, but after having done my own research on good old google for two weeks, I found that doctors regularly prescribe it to bring on AF.

There was no way I was going to wait 12-18 months for AF to return, so took matters into my own hands by getting an online consultation with a registered GP and the meds via my local chemist. Cost me under £10 for the prescription and the meds, as it was done privately.

I started taking norethisterone on CD57 and finished the tabs on CD66. On CD69 AF arrived, so it only took 3 days after stopping norethisterone for my AF to show up. Although it is an induced bleed, it is a bleed nonetheless and I am hoping that it kick-starts my body into what it should be doing. If I get no AF in 4-5 weeks time, I will be taking norethisterone again to induce another bleed. I will do this until AF is regular. I have checked and norethisterone is safe to take for this very purpose.

Hi is this an American thing or UK? The fact it's been 13 months since my last injection and I haven't had a period I would try anything.

Wonnabump have u visited ur gp?? When I came off the depo my gp said wait 12 months and if AF hasn't retired come and see us so we can arrange something?

Oh I got a bfn this morning too at 12dpo. I know I'm out I have no symtoms at all and not even a hint of a line x

Hi ladies,

Hi is this an American thing or UK? The fact it's been 13 months since my last injection and I haven't had a period I would try anything.

Hi,

I am in the UK, but would be surprised if this med wasnt available elsewhere in the world.

As Trying asked, have you not visited your GP? The only reason I decided to take matters into my own hands was down to the fact that my GP wanted me to wait until my periods came back naturally. She is a new GP in the practice and totally against meds in this regard. I visited her three times only to be told that I would have to wait until my AF turned up naturally. Being 31, turning 32 in two weeks time, I dont really have time on my side to wait for AF, given that I would like to have 2-3 more children.

I would suggest you touch base with your GP to see if you can get some blood tests done, given that you have waited for a year. You never know - your GP could be pro-active and prescribe you meds to get things going asap.

All the best.

Wonnabump have u visited ur gp?? When I came off the depo my gp said wait 12 months and if AF hasn't retired come and see us so we can arrange something?

I have called the doctors this morning to ask if I can have a blood test with the nurse to see where I am up to with my hormones etc. Unfortunately the doctor has to refer me. I have a telephone consultation on Tuesday with the doctor and hopefully once I explain she will be happy for me to have the blood tests done x

Hi,

I am in the UK, but would be surprised if this med wasnt available elsewhere in the world.

As Trying asked, have you not visited your GP? The only reason I decided to take matters into my own hands was down to the fact that my GP wanted me to wait until my periods came back naturally. She is a new GP in the practice and totally against meds in this regard. I visited her three times only to be told that I would have to wait until my AF turned up naturally. Being 31, turning 32 in two weeks time, I dont really have time on my side to wait for AF, given that I would like to have 2-3 more children.

I would suggest you touch base with your GP to see if you can get some blood tests done, given that you have waited for a year. You never know - your GP could be pro-active and prescribe you meds to get things going asap.

All the best.[/QUOTE]

I am also from the UK. I only ask as the time on this forum is always early hours in the morning so it must be American. I am 32, 33 in October so my clock is also ticking. I have a telephone consultation with the doctor on Tuesday so hopefully she will then refer me to have blood tests or may be even scans.

This depo is such a pain and clearly still in my system otherwise I would get withdrawal bleeds but nothing even with taking the pill for 2 months. Think I'm overdue a visit to the docs!

Sorry for the bfn trying. Now that your cycles are regulated hopefully it won't be long.

Wantin, that's interesting my doctor wouldn't give me anything. Regardless of age. I'm 33 now, good for you.

Fx for all of you!

Hi,

All the best.

I am also from the UK. I only ask as the time on this forum is always early hours in the morning so it must be American. I am 32, 33 in October so my clock is also ticking. I have a telephone consultation with the doctor on Tuesday so hopefully she will then refer me to have blood tests or may be even scans.

This depo is such a pain and clearly still in my system otherwise I would get withdrawal bleeds but nothing even with taking the pill for 2 months. Think I'm overdue a visit to the docs![/QUOTE]

Hey.

Yes I did notice that with the time too and came to the same conclusion. Ah, great to hear that you have a consultation with your doctor. Press for full bloods. Ask if they can test your prolactin levels also. Prolactin tends to be elevated after depo.

Yes the depo is a pain in the ass. I have had it twice before, but I was so so young and not ttc, so didnt make note of how long it took for AF to return. Felt an utter fool after I returned home from the nurse's appointment, as it was then that we decided that we wanted to ttc. 30 minutes after I had the injection, I did research on google and my heart sunk.

Still - onwards and upwards. Each day is a step in the right direction and closer to our goal of having one or more children. We'll get there! Positive thinking! :thumbup:

Thanks cutie! Yes my doctor didnt want to give me anything, so I had an online consultation with another doctor instead and got the meds. I have another appointment with my regular doctor next week and will inform her that I was prescribed meds that lead to an AF and if she could continue to prescribe them if needed. If she says no, I will go back to the doctor who prescribed me the meds in the first place.

Oh I got a bfn this morning too at 12dpo. I know I'm out I have no symtoms at all and not even a hint of a line x

Yep, I haven't tested since Thursday but was 12dpo that day and didn't get a hint of a line either. Will prob test again on Monday if af doesn't show by then.

Mine wouldn't give me anything at all either untill 12 months off the depo, which is why she said come back at 12 months. Fingers crossed the meds work for you Hun, and good luck for ur appointment wonna bump, make sure u push for what u need as its over 12 months now.

Thanks trying, fingers crossed for July or August cycles! I won't be testing opk July cycle as we will be on holiday when I'm due to ovulate, but I ovulate early this cycle so will have no idea when to actually bd lol. I'm going to order pre seed when I return home for August cycle :)

Sorry for the bfn laucu, I tested again this morning 13dpi bfn, no hint of a line, I have no symtoms at all though so I was only really testing for the heck of it lol. Good luck for next test :) I'm due AF tomorrow so don't think I'll test again now

AF has arrived a day earlier than I expected, I must of ovulated on the day I got my positive opk. Short cycle of 24 days with ovulating early! Atleast I won't be on while I'm on holiday now :)

Feeling abit fed up to be honest, my sister in law was here today and she kept going on about how she will be pregnant before the summer ends, they are only starting trying in September but says it will only take her a month or 2 to get pregnant as she hasn't been on any contraception. I just know I'll still be trying when she falls which saddens me abit as I will of been trying for a year then xx

Feeling abit fed up to be honest, my sister in law was here today and she kept going on about how she will be pregnant before the summer ends, they are only starting trying in September but says it will only take her a month or 2 to get pregnant as she hasn't been on any contraception. I just know I'll still be trying when she falls which saddens me abit as I will of been trying for a year then xx

Well you never know - I hope she does have quick success but of course no one can truly know how long it will take to happen! It took me 13 months with my first and I was a healthy 28 year old. It's just luck of the draw.

Cd30 for me and Bfn this morning. I think af will be here in a day or two - I am having horrible period pains and have very heavy boobs.

Oh my gosh. I just looked at my test again. Is this an evap???!! It very faint but is definitely there. Must be 10 minutes after I took the test.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe