TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

That's true Claire but I always thought u wouldn't get a positive opk for pregnancy untill after a positive hpt? I think it was cutie who told me about this? I'd still try one Rainne though as u never know :)

Well I haven't been on here since February and if I remember right I think I was in a similar position to Trying91. I had finished my injection in June (2014) and was due another one in September (but didn't have it). Unfortunately I didn't get my periods back and in April this year I started the contraception pill to try and kick start them. The injection must be that embedded into my body that when I finished the pill in May I didn't have a withdrawal bleed. This month I have had slight spotting as the withdrawal bleed but nothing else. Anyway as that's not working I have decided to come off the pill altogether and just hope for the best.

The fact that I am not even having withdrawal bleeds from the pill it tells me that this injection really does not want to come out of my system!

Wish me luck x

So sorry to hear u havnt had any change Hun, got my fingers crossed things improve for you. Have u tried Angus cactus? I truly beleive that's what brought my cycles back x

Hi, new to this forum, but was hoping for a few buddies and people to talk with. My last shot was in February this year, I was due for my shot at the end of May but didnt go as my OH and I are ttc #2. I was on depo since Jan 2012 after my son was born. My gp didnt hardly know anything about the depo and I was left heavily uninformed of the aftermath of the depo. Now my poor hubby is suffering the consequences as he had to come off several medications for us to ttc. The doctors keep telling me to just wait it out but are there things I can do to track when I actually ov vs. the opk? My first was unplanned so im very unfamilliar with the ttc process esp. with the added depo frustrations as my cycle has yet to make an appearence. Help?

So sorry to hear u havnt had any change Hun, got my fingers crossed things improve for you. Have u tried Angus cactus? I truly beleive that's what brought my cycles back x

Unfortunately I did try that hun and didn't work for me that's why I went on the pill. It would seem I have a very stubborn body. I'm sure it will happen, I just have to wait it out x

Hi army wife, firstly I recommend u start taking agnus castus (vitex). Use opk's to check for ovulation. Or temping if you like, do not use agnus castus in the 2 week wait when u start ovulating again. Also start trying to concieve vitamins. Good luck :) Iv been off the depo nearly 10 months now I have my cycles back but still trying to concieve xx

Ah ok wonnabump, did u take it for a few months? It took 3-4 months or non stop taking it for it to help me xx

U
Well I haven't been on here since February and if I remember right I think I was in a similar position to Trying91. I had finished my injection in June (2014) and was due another one in September (but didn't have it). Unfortunately I didn't get my periods back and in April this year I started the contraception pill to try and kick start them. The injection must be that embedded into my body that when I finished the pill in May I didn't have a withdrawal bleed. This month I have had slight spotting as the withdrawal bleed but nothing else. Anyway as that's not working I have decided to come off the pill altogether and just hope for the best.

The fact that I am not even having withdrawal bleeds from the pill it tells me that this injection really does not want to come out of my system!

Wish me luck x

Sorry to hear this :( i agree with trying, Angus Castus is what worked for me. Sometimes it can take a few months of taking it everyday to make a difference. xx

Hi, new to this forum, but was hoping for a few buddies and people to talk with. My last shot was in February this year, I was due for my shot at the end of May but didnt go as my OH and I are ttc #2. I was on depo since Jan 2012 after my son was born. My gp didnt hardly know anything about the depo and I was left heavily uninformed of the aftermath of the depo. Now my poor hubby is suffering the consequences as he had to come off several medications for us to ttc. The doctors keep telling me to just wait it out but are there things I can do to track when I actually ov vs. the opk? My first was unplanned so im very unfamilliar with the ttc process esp. with the added depo frustrations as my cycle has yet to make an appearence. Help?

Hello! I agree with trying, Angus Castus is great but you have to take it everyday for a couple of months. I took 2000mg a day and weaned myself off it after I got af.

I've been off depo for 7 months now, only ever had 1 shot. I've never had so many ups and downs with my body! Even now my hormones feel out of whack.

Hi ladies. I took AC for about 3 months. I just find it strange how I dont even get a withdrawal bleed from the pill. My body is very stubborn! I will try the AC again but for a bit longer this time and maybe if I don't have a period before the end of the year, I will go to the docs.

When doctors say that it can take 4 months or more for the depo to wear out of the system... is that from the date of the last shot or from the time the next shot was due?

When doctors say that it can take 4 months or more for the depo to wear out of the system... is that from the date of the last shot or from the time the next shot was due?

I've read that it can take 12 months to get your cycles back, starting from the date your next shot is due x

Well that helps a little bit... Going to call my dr. when the hubby gets home. Hoping they agree to let me try AC. Getting so impatient and discouraged. Ordered my OPKs just gotta wait for them to come in.

I believe the wearing out of your system refers to when the next shot is due. I had my last shot aug 2012. AF returned in May 2013. First pregnancy in feb 2014. I definitely recommend OPKs and temps.

my issue with opks right now is that they keep coming up positive right on time with when my cycle has always occured, but im not actually ov or having an af.... i guess i really need to get ahold of an OB/GYN instead of my gp... she doesnt seem to know much about depo other than its a shot and i needed one every three months... need to talk to someone who actually knows what their talking about and get tested to make sure everythings on track...

Yes. Probably a good idea. They can test your ovulation through blood work as well. Temps would be good if you're up for doing those.

I didn't start temps or OPKs until AF returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->