TTC after laparoscopy buddies!

Ready4it

Reaction score
HI Ladies,

Has anyone had a lap recently and TTC? I am going for mine next week. Just looking for support, stories, and even just ranting about our frustrations.

I have been TTC #1 a little over a year with no success. I am 32/Hubs 31. In June, had all my labs done- everything was great. Had the sperm analysis done, that was great and finally an ultrasound to check for cysts and they found nothing on the ultrasound. My family has a history of endo, and I have some painful bowel issues around my period that clued the dr into me having endo. So now I am going in for a lap next week.

Really Looking forward to this lap because I want answers and am hoping for everything to get "cleaned" up so a little nugget will stick.

Here is hoping to the best and getting the outcomes we want.

baby dust to all of you ladies with endo ttc! what a crazy journey.
:dust:

Hey! :)

How did your lap go?! Hope you've already recovered to some extent and are feeling better.
I've had my lap done mid july. I've had similar symptoms to yours... painful bowelmovements in the second cycle half, very heavy pain durin AF. During the past 1/2 year it's been gettin worse and as we're now TTC for almost a year, the new fertility clinic ordered a lap.
The found some adhesions especially with my left tube (where I happen to ovulate 3/2 of the time) and were able to loosen them. I also had my tubes checked and rinsed (?). That test came back perfect.
They didn't find andometriosis per se luckily but said that my uterus looked a littel spotty which might indicate early stages of adenomyosis.
The doc at the hospital said that there was nothing phsyical preventing my getting pregnant and that he was optimistic... well, hope he's right.

Our RE said that we should get an IUI done. My partner's SA came back pretty good but viscosity was high and for a perfect SA they would have liked more fast progressive swimmers.
Due to holildays, we weren't able to have a stimulated IUI so we opted for a natural circle + trigger shot IUI.
Unfortunately my partner had a bike accident a couple days before and had to stay in the hospital for a week. So that was cancelled and we're now going for a stimulated IUI.

I'm on cd 8 with 50mg clomid from day 5-9. I'll go in for an ultrasound on cd 10 and we'll take it from there...

Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience and I bet the blocked tube was all that you needed for you to get things moving in the right now direction now =) I bet you will have your BFP once your partner is up and running again!

My lap went well! They did find endo behind my uterus, which they removed and also one of my tubes was blocked. They cleaned that up as well. I am hopeful now and can't wait to see what the next few months hold. Only a few weeks and we can start trying again :happydance:

Boy oh boy, the gas pain in the shoulders from the lap is the worse party of recovery! Did you have the same thing?!

Keep me posted on your cycle! I hope the best for you! :thumbup::thumbup:

Hi Ready4it, I'm having the lap in a couple of weeks to remove a cyst on my right ovary. Any tips you can give me to either prepare for surgery or after care? How's your recovery going?

Hi somedayisnow...

A few things you will definitely need to do beforehand. Have a few sets of comfy clothes and underwear out and ready to go. My husband was a great help, but he didn't know what would be comfy after this surgery. Definitely have pads, gas-x, stool softeners, and take a really great shower the day of surgery. I wasn't really able to get a good shower for a few days. Honestly, the worse part was the gas pains in my shoulder. My incisions were very small and don't hurt. I am 3 days post op and I can move around just fine, take a shower, walk my dog for about 10 minutes. I guess every persons recovery time is different, but I could definitely head back to work tomorrow if I had to go in.

I wish you lots of luck and please let me know how everything goes! :flower:

I'm glad you're recovering well. I made sure to buy some loose long nightshirts and a few baggy dresses to wear for the first couple of weeks. I'll also take your other advice about gas-x, stool softeners, and the shower. Did the doctor tell you when you're allowed to drive again? I'm trying to figure out if I can drive to my acupuncturist on day 5 or if I need someone to take me. :blush:

I could drive today. I stopped taking the oxy yesterday. I am just taking Ibuprofen now. I definitely think you will be fine unless they do a lot of "work" on you. By that, I didn't know what they would find when they went in, so I wasn't sure what recovery would be. But hopefully you should be ok by day 5 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->