• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC After Loss 2011 BFP!!!

Phew! Bet thats abit of a relief for you!! Now you can maybe enjoy your weekend :winkwink: x

:wohoo: Now you can relax and wait for AF. Have you any plans to get down to the GP to talk about BC? :haha:

Glad it worked out ok Kaede :hugs: These things are sent to try us :)

I will go to p when I've decided what contraceptive would be best for me... I don't particularly want to go on the pill or the injection because I have issues with my weight, I also heard the implant made you gain weight too. I was on the pill when I was 17 and put about 3 stone on in about 6 months... I never changed my eating habits I just piled the weight on. So I'd prefer some form of contraceptive that doesn't involve hormones. But that won't leave too many options. As far as I can tell it leaves condoms and the IUD. I'm thinking the IUD would be the best option?

Anybody have an advice?

XxX

IUD is the best way forward if you don't want the horrible side effects of hormonal BC. I had a MIRENA IUD for 4 years. It works beautifully for most women. I had an ectopic pregnancy as a result of mine (while it was still in place) but it's very rare for that to happen. I would have had another one if it hadn't been for the ectopic. I think other women have had much better luck. Pip uses MIRENA too. Maybe she can offer some advice. A diaphragm and spermicide are a barrier option that I find better than condoms but it's not nearly as effective as them. Still, something to consider! :hugs:

I would personally avoid hormones like the plague, i'm sure it was the brief 3 years of my life on BC that started my migraine problems off :/
The IUD gets good reports from a few women i know who have used it, less/no periods/period pains and very few side effects, they hardly know its there!
Might be worth looking into, i think i will be after this pregnancy :)

Or you could use natural methods like not BDing around the fertile times but obvioulsy they are never going to be that reliable unless you are very strict and your cycles are like clockwork each month.:flower:

Thanks ladies, I think I'll get the IUD. I don't have to worry about forgetting to take my pill or the hormone thing then and I can just have it removed when we start ttc. Hopefully it doesn't have any side effects fertility wise. I can't see how it would :shrug: think I'll make a doctor appointment tomorrow :)

XxX

I think thats a good choice Kaede. :thumbup: The MIRENA IUD is known for having little impact on future fertility. Some ladies fall pregnant directly after having it removed actually. :hugs: How is Harri doing?

He is great thanks hun :) trying more and more everyday to sit up on is own! And he gets soooo close to laughing but doesn't quite :haha: He did it once last week, he actually giggled. But since then nothing lol.

How's Isadora doing? I loved her pink bunny suit btw! That is very very cute!

XxX

Aww. Bless him. :) it's soooo sweet when they laugh. It will be a part of everyday life soon. :cloud9:

Dizzy (Isadora) is doing great. We've both got a head cold right now which sucks but generally speaking she's doing great. Laughing is actually her newest thing. She started about 2 weeks ago but doesnt do it everyday. I've gotten a few proper gawfaws out of her but mostly she just smiles and makes a little noise and that's all. I can't wait for it to become an everyday thing. Her laugh makes my heart sing. :cloud9: she's getting a lot more coordination now as well. Batting/kicking at toys, holding her head up on her own, sitting up with help. In my memory it seemed like my son did a lot of these things quite quickly and Dizzy seems to be taking her time about it but I'm glad. I don't want her growing up too quickly. :nope:

Awwww, Harri has started doing excited squeals rather than laughing lol. Like he can't get the laugh out so it comes out as a squeal instead lol.

Only experience I've really had of babies are my cousins... Tyler seems like he was a baby absolutely forever ago, and I still can't believe he's 6 o_O lol. I can't really remember him learning to laugh etc. Mathew will be 1 next week and he learnt to laugh at about 4ish months and was sitting unaided not long after. It seemed so early to me at the time! But Harrison is nearly 4 months and it feels like he's been around forever and should be walking by now :haha:

I'm not exactly keen on him growing up too quickly either to be honest! I had a sad day yesterday when I put away all of his 0-3 size clothes. Soooo gutted he's grown out of his hungry caterpillar sleep suit :( tried to get another one in the next size up but asda only had first size in >.< I bought him a load of new tshirt a instead lol. Got him a spiderman shirt, captain America, muppets, a here comes trouble" one and another I can't remember lol. Spent about £35 on kitting out his new 3-6 month wardrobe lol.

XxX

Awww bless Harry and Isadora they not babies for long are they? :cry: Serenity got her first tooth last month and she's always trying to bite me :haha: she's also trying to crawl but only manages to go on all fours and rock to and fro, then falls on her face lol... We go to Corfu in 3 weeks and im hoping she dont crawl till we come back.

Hi ladies.. How are you all.. been off for a while.. miss you all..

Hope all the babies & preggos are doing well..

Bryce is doing great.. Starting cereal next monday.. :) He goes to the dr for more shots then too.. as he is 4 months old on friday.. sad my baby is growing too fast..

Poppy is S really 7 months already.. where did that go..

Im doing good thanks :thumbup:. Ive got my gender scan on Saturday so getting excited about that!! :happydance:. I had abit of drama last night with DH as i felt so un-sexy with my ever growing bump and moaned that he hasnt 'touched' me in ages :(. He said some really sweet words to make me feel better so i thought id leave my frumpy jeans and tops off and put on my cute Kimono and send him a pic :)

Attachments

• 16 week.jpg
    16 week.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 7
You got a lovely bump there Inoue, think every pregnant women feels like that at one stage :hugs: actually i feel like that now and serenity 7mths lol need to go to the gym i think cos i hate my stomach.

Can't wait to find out about your gender scan Inoue :)

I think it's hard to feel sexy when pregnant as you feel/look fat and you also feel tired/sick etc but maybe you can make time for extra cuddles and dinners together, that sort of thing? I need to make more effort with my OH as he is feeling totally neglected i think :haha:

Thought i would update in here: My beautiful babies are alive and kicking on the scans we had monday and tuesday. My consultant is slightly concerned they may be suffering from the start of TTTS (twin to twin transfusion syndrome) where the blood flow from their shared placenta is not correct and one twin gets too much blood and one not enough :/ We have to be re-scanned next week and go from there ..

They have confirmed they are identical though which is amazing :cloud9:

Hope everyone is well and i hope Serenity waits until after your hols to crawl away Poppy :flower:

I hope all is ok next week with the re-scan Dee, its good there keeping an eye on you :). Ive just got my NT results back (had to wait 4 weeks!) and its 1:5700... is that good? I was expecting higher :( x

Mine was 1 in 9100 (i got it back yesterday) and they classed it as 'low risk' Did it say low risk on yours? I'm sure the high risk ones are like 1 in 100-200 or something? I'm sure it's fine :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->