TTC baby #1 -Hoping to find some buddies :-)

I'm hoping he can suggest something - maybe getting my hormones checked at least. My first visit (new Doc) is just an interview appointment to gather family history and address any concerns I may have. Hopefully I can (briefly) explain my cycles then.

I changed doctors a couple months ago and my first appointment was for the same thing, just an interview, but I mentioned my ttc efforts and she got the ball rolling for tests right away. So I'd say try mentioning it, especially how long you've been at it.

@ fitmommy -- waiting is the worst :( :hugs: I really hope you won't have to wait much longer. Good luck with your IUI appointment :D

Can I ask how you started the conversation about ttc? Did you bring it up at the end?? How long had you been trying at that point? What did she suggest? I've heard not to bring up that you're ttc because they'll tell you to "just relax and it will happen" I'm interested in how you got the ball rolling. I'm not gonna lie I also plan to steal your ideas hehe ;)

@hausfrau
I am in a same sex couple therfore IUI is the way for us to go. I never thought it would take this long to start the proces either...don't worry about all the questions that's what we are here fore. Best of luck, Kristina

Ohh, I hope it works out for you two. :) Has your partner gone through any testing or is it decided that you'll be the one getting pregnant? If that's too personal please don't answer.

Well, after going through all my medical history, she asked if there were any issues and I told her we had been trying to conceive for about a year at that point and then she asked questions like "are you having reg. sex?" "Has your husband gone in for a SA? He has? OK well here's a req for another one to verify the original results" "Do you have any gyno issues that you know about? Here's a req for blood work." And that's how it all started. I had also brought in my binder with a year's worth of charts to show her if she asked specific questions. She took my concern seriously and didn't tell me just to relax so hopefully your new doc won't either. Just go prepared with your questions/previous test results if you have any, and see what happens :)

These threads live for questions! :D

Hausfrau,

Yes it is decided that I will be the one to carry. My partner has never wanted to and she is older than me as well. I know she isn't too old, she's 38, but it's something that she hasn't ever wanted to do. And I have always wanted to! I am 29 years old and healthy. She is very much a part of everything, the donor we have chosen is the same blood type as my partner and resembles her as well. Glad to answer your questions. Kristina

Hausfrau,

Yes it is decided that I will be the one to carry. My partner has never wanted to and she is older than me as well. I know she isn't too old, she's 38, but it's something that she hasn't ever wanted to do. And I have always wanted to! I am 29 years old and healthy. She is very much a part of everything, the donor we have chosen is the same blood type as my partner and resembles her as well. Glad to answer your questions. Kristina

Interesting! :) I am full of questions lol I'm just so new to ttc hehe

I am new to all this too! Where are you in the process of TTC?

Well, after going through all my medical history, she asked if there were any issues and I told her we had been trying to conceive for about a year at that point and then she asked questions like "are you having reg. sex?" "Has your husband gone in for a SA? He has? OK well here's a req for another one to verify the original results" "Do you have any gyno issues that you know about? Here's a req for blood work." And that's how it all started. I had also brought in my binder with a year's worth of charts to show her if she asked specific questions. She took my concern seriously and didn't tell me just to relax so hopefully your new doc won't either. Just go prepared with your questions/previous test results if you have any, and see what happens :)

These threads live for questions! :D

Thanks! :)

This is our third cycle of trying so I doubt he'll do much at this point :wacko: I am really worried about my erratic cycles so I'm hoping we can at least talk about reason for the irregularity. I tried charting ths month and only managed to get a few days recorded so I really don't have a lot to rely on, but I've had crazy cycles for over a year now - that has to warrant at a test or two, right?

We're currently on cycle 3 and waiting (im)patiently for cycle 4 :( CD 43 after two semi normal cyles - I really thought I was getting back on track, but nope. Ugh. I have a Doc appointment coming up and am hoping to finally get some answers.

I had problems with my cycles after coming off bcp before having #1. Think my longest cycle was about 90 days which when you're ttc means a lot of wasted tests!! It took a year for them to start to settle and my first 'normal' 28 day cyle I had a chemical pregnancy then the cycle after that is now a 21 month old!

I never want back on the pill as I knew I wanted another baby and couldn't face it messing up my cycles again. So since stoppping breastfeeding at 9 months my cycles have settled into a suprisingly regular 28-30ish day pattern - although my body snuck in a 24day cycle to keep my on my toes a few months ago.

I hope your doc is helpful Hausfrau - I went to mine after about 8 months and he just told me to lose weight :shrug: not very helpful at all. I always think form reading threads on BnB that docs in canada/u.s seem more helpful than in the uk.

I had problems with my cycles after coming off bcp before having #1. Think my longest cycle was about 90 days which when you're ttc means a lot of wasted tests!! It took a year for them to start to settle and my first 'normal' 28 day cyle I had a chemical pregnancy then the cycle after that is now a 21 month old!

I never want back on the pill as I knew I wanted another baby and couldn't face it messing up my cycles again. So since stoppping breastfeeding at 9 months my cycles have settled into a suprisingly regular 28-30ish day pattern - although my body snuck in a 24day cycle to keep my on my toes a few months ago.

I hope your doc is helpful Hausfrau - I went to mine after about 8 months and he just told me to lose weight :shrug: not very helpful at all. I always think form reading threads on BnB that docs in canada/u.s seem more helpful than in the uk.

What an insensitive thing to say to you! :( I'm 5'3 and 115 pounds so I'll worried he'll just tell me I'm normal and to wait it out. :wacko: This is my first appointment with him, so I'm trying to stay positive...

I will never ever use the pill again. I told DH I'd have 10 kids before taking it again! LOL ;)

I can't take the pill again even if I wanted to. I got a DVT at 38 weeks pregnant last time and the hormones in most combined pills increase the risk of blood clots so I can't use them.

I hope your doctor is helpful :thumbup:

I can't use bcp anymore either because with the last brand of pills I was on before quitting, I got numbness and tingling in the extremities on one side, including half of my face. They took me in at the ER immediately 'cause they thought it was a stroke. Strong advice was NOT to use bcp again.

RCAFWife...OMG, BCP suck! What exactly did you have?

well I was on 3 different types of bcp that year, mainly to find the right fit. But the one that caused all the "stroke-like" symptoms was Yaz. Never again. One of my close friends stopped it too because it made her super depressed to the point of suicidal thoughts and her sister had to have her gallbladder removed because it pretty much exploded. I dont' know if you heard about the Yaz lawsuits/extreme symptoms, but the gallbladder issues were a major part of it.

I went on the link, thank you. I wasn't aware of that at all...

I can't use bcp anymore either because with the last brand of pills I was on before quitting, I got numbness and tingling in the extremities on one side, including half of my face. They took me in at the ER immediately 'cause they thought it was a stroke. Strong advice was NOT to use bcp again.

Omg that is scary! I feel like a douche complaining about bcp - I had absolutly no side effects on them, it was just after stopping them :wacko:

Did you ever find out what it was? Did you have a stroke?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->