TTC baby #1 -Hoping to find some buddies :-)

well I was on 3 different types of bcp that year, mainly to find the right fit. But the one that caused all the "stroke-like" symptoms was Yaz. Never again. One of my close friends stopped it too because it made her super depressed to the point of suicidal thoughts and her sister had to have her gallbladder removed because it pretty much exploded. I dont' know if you heard about the Yaz lawsuits/extreme symptoms, but the gallbladder issues were a major part of it.

Yes, I've heard about the Yaz lawsuits. There was a documentary done about it (I want to say it was W5 - it was on CTV anyways), and wow. I was shocked at how many people were having such reactions to it.

I can't take the pill again even if I wanted to. I got a DVT at 38 weeks pregnant last time and the hormones in most combined pills increase the risk of blood clots so I can't use them.

I hope your doctor is helpful :thumbup:

Oh, wow. Yeah I would definatly avoid bcp. Scary!

Thank you! :)

Hausfrau, the doctors never figured out what exactly was happening to me, except that it wasn't a stroke. Whatever it was just presented as one, but their best guess was that it was the Yaz causing it, based on other patients' complaints I suppose. I had been having a lot of side effects while taking those pills anyway, but that one side effect was what ultimately drove me to quit.

That is so crazy.

I hated bcp because I am against taking meds unless absolutly necessary (I very rarely take asprin even). I am so thankful I never had to deal with side effects. Sorry you had to go through that, I can't imagine how scary that would have been!

Golden panther, did your doc have any suggestion as to why you haven't received AF but still get BFNs? I once had a UTI in the 2ww and the doc gave me a prescription that was less likely to interfere with TTC but I had to take it for about 10 days instead of just 2 or 3. Hope you get better soon!

Thanks, docs as puzzled as me, tbh hes a bit useless, im a trainee nurse so he expects me to self diagnose and im 4ever saying to him 'look im a trainee, iv no idea' lol. Im still poorly but on 2nd type of antibiotics now, anti inflamitories and painkillers. Had blood taken today and i get result tomro afternoon, he sed he will test 4 hCg too but im have no hope for a bfp bcuz of all the bfn's. anyhoo il let you know eitherway :o xx

Ugh what an annoying doctor! I'd want a new one ASAP! Yes keep us updated :)

Golden panther, did your doc have any suggestion as to why you haven't received AF but still get BFNs? I once had a UTI in the 2ww and the doc gave me a prescription that was less likely to interfere with TTC but I had to take it for about 10 days instead of just 2 or 3. Hope you get better soon!

Thanks, docs as puzzled as me, tbh hes a bit useless, im a trainee nurse so he expects me to self diagnose and im 4ever saying to him 'look im a trainee, iv no idea' lol. Im still poorly but on 2nd type of antibiotics now, anti inflamitories and painkillers. Had blood taken today and i get result tomro afternoon, he sed he will test 4 hCg too but im have no hope for a bfp bcuz of all the bfn's. anyhoo il let you know eitherway :o xx

I would get a new Doc, self diagnoising is dangerous :wacko: How long are your cycles usually??

So I was hoping to do SMEP this cycle...but DH is messing it up :( I guess I am too, because I caved and dtd with him on cd 11 after dtd on cd 10 (supposed to bd every other day...) and then we were supposed to dtd last night but he went out to two parties and by the time he came home, he literally fell asleep as soon as he hit the bed! *sigh* so we're just gonna have to take our chances. Got a positive on internet OPK, neg on CBdigi ...so not sure what that's about..

So I was hoping to do SMEP this cycle...but DH is messing it up :( I guess I am too, because I caved and dtd with him on cd 11 after dtd on cd 10 (supposed to bd every other day...) and then we were supposed to dtd last night but he went out to two parties and by the time he came home, he literally fell asleep as soon as he hit the bed! *sigh* so we're just gonna have to take our chances. Got a positive on internet OPK, neg on CBdigi ...so not sure what that's about..

:( Do you tell DH about your plans (SMEP etc) or just try every other day? Up until recently my DH hasn't been interested in knowing my TTC efforts, so telling him about dates to try, and pos opks etc was out of the question.

I think digitals are supposed to be less sensitive? Maybe you were just starting a LH surge and the IC picked it up earler?

I do tell him, actually. I didn't always, but when he didn't know about it, he would make plans and not be available so since telling him, he knows to be around for "fertile week" but sometimes he thinks dtd is off the table if I don't mention it/initiate.

You're right about the internet cheapies being more sensitive (IC = 30 mIU/mL; CBdigi = 40 mIU/mL) so I wonder if that is why I keep missing ovulation! If the true surge always happened a day before I got a smiley face, then we were dtd at the wrong time. I would get a + OPK then tell DH and then we wouldn't get to dtd til the next day...Hmm...well in that case, I will jump on him when he gets home haha!

I will try to upload the picture of the ov test strips from this afternoon.

Attachments

• this one.jpg
    this one.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0
Oh wow, those are definitly positive! :) I had lines that dark a few days ago. Did you manage to BD?? :)

My DH didn't like knowing about my fertile times because he felt I was planning things too much. Lately though he's been asking about fertile times and my cycles (I think he's concerned about my crazy cycles). I've been giving him just basic info as I don't want to overwhelm him with all the stuff us ladies stress about! LOL

Yay! I thought they were too, and this afternoon's OPK was neg -- the second line was def. light. We did get to BD; I put in the preseed ahead of time (not the full amount 'cause it would have been too slippery), and I used the non-DM robitussin, put my feet on the wall with a pillow under the hips and everything. Had my e-reader too haha. Tonight and tomorrow will be the same.

My DH used to get anxious when I would try to share details of my fertility, but since the end of last year, he has really gotten involved. Now he says stuff like, "Guess what day it is? It's baby-making day!" It cracks me up! So you're doing the right thing by giving your DH a chance to get on board with your fertility in his own time :)

Yay! I thought they were too, and this afternoon's OPK was neg -- the second line was def. light. We did get to BD; I put in the preseed ahead of time (not the full amount 'cause it would have been too slippery), and I used the non-DM robitussin, put my feet on the wall with a pillow under the hips and everything. Had my e-reader too haha. Tonight and tomorrow will be the same.

My DH used to get anxious when I would try to share details of my fertility, but since the end of last year, he has really gotten involved. Now he says stuff like, "Guess what day it is? It's baby-making day!" It cracks me up! So you're doing the right thing by giving your DH a chance to get on board with your fertility in his own time :)

I am soooo glad someone else does that!! lol After we BD I tell DH to go grab my ipad! LOL :) I've heard a little preseed goes a long way! lol I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet though! :wacko: Is it very messy?? Did you notice any difference?

:rofl: your DH is too funny! My DH is definatly coming around, so I am happy to give him all the time he needs :) Plus I had a Doctor's appointment today to try and figure out my cycles, so maybe that is kinda pushing him too? Like maybe there is something wrong and he wants to be more involved? Either way I'm happy lol

I'm impatient!!!! Had my last day of Clomid yesterday....waiting now until the 22nd where we go in for an u/s to see how the follicles are maturing. I really hope we can do the IUI this cycle. Last cycle the follicles never matured....this time my doc increased clomis to 150mg.

How about you?

I am soooo glad someone else does that!! lol After we BD I tell DH to go grab my ipad! LOL :) I've heard a little preseed goes a long way! lol I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet though! :wacko: Is it very messy?? Did you notice any difference?

My DH even knows to get more pillows for me to lie on! Yup, got the drill by now lol
That's awesome you use something electronic to help you pass the time -- it helps alot!

As for the preseed, it isn't messy at all. It's very smooth, very much like eggwhite, and as long as you don't put in too much (level 3 or more) it's great! DH and I like it. Tonight, I put the preseed in after BD just to chance things up and also because someone in a "preseed" thread mentioned doing it that way and she is expecting now.

You know honestly, I did notice that dtd with preseed was more sensitive, like it amplified the sensations down there if you know what I mean. Maybe I was in the moment 'cause it's a new product for us, but either way it felt great. I ordered mine from makeababy.ca (based in Barrie, ON) and it came fairly quickly once they got my order. Then again I live in the same province...lol

Good luck fitmommy for the ultrasound! I've read in other threads that people get a lot of side effects from the clomid. Have you had any unpleasant/uncomfortable ones since taking it?

RCAFwife, the side effects that I have experienced with Clomid have been some cramping, gas, and two days after my last dose I get really dry....which isn't pleasant at all. I also get mood swings but that can be a result of stress and other stuff. Good luck....Im on my phone so ill write more later.

I'm impatient!!!! Had my last day of Clomid yesterday....waiting now until the 22nd where we go in for an u/s to see how the follicles are maturing. I really hope we can do the IUI this cycle. Last cycle the follicles never matured....this time my doc increased clomis to 150mg.

How about you?

Ohh hope the Clomid works this cycle! *fingers crossed* Keep us updated!

I'm still wating on AF and will probably have another 60 day cycle. :wacko: My new Doc is sending me for lab work so I'm hoping he'll be able to give me answers as to why my cycles are so erratic. I was so worried he would just tell me I'm crazy, but he seems helpful so far! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->