TTC baby #1 -Hoping to find some buddies :-)

Hello ladies! How is everyone? I had a great weekend, but had an u/s today and then made the mistake of going to visit my mom after. So depressing...can't talk to her about that stuff. oh well, I'll know better for next time.

Oh no, "mother raining on the parade" alert :( Sorry to hear that. I hate when that happens. But they're the ones we feel like we should be sharing with...*sigh* Did the u/s find any decent follies?

no rcafwife, no follicles. Looks like i am not responding to the Clomid or the Metformin. I have another u/s on thrsday and we will go from there.

How are you?

Sorry to hear, fitmommy :(

I can't and won't ever discuss anything personal with my mom at all. Completly know how you feel. :hugs: Everything needs to be about her, or how my brother is doing (the mommas boy finally moved out) and all I hear is, "oh I need to go pick him up from school" "he's doing x, y, z,", "I need to make dinner because he comes over every day". Even if I wanted to talk to her, she's thnking about other things.

Did I mention I'm en route to my parents house?? Sitting in the Ottawa airport right now wishng I was heading BACK to Edmonton. Think of me ladies! Lol

hausfrau, where do your parents live? And I totally get what you are saying about your mom...mine too. Even if I am talking about something important to me I know she is thiknking about something else...

I'm originally from Halifax and my parents still live here :)

Yes! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've started to tell her something to have her start talking over me to say something else. I still let it get to me even though I shouldn't, my husband just tells me to ignore her :wacko: I'd love to tell her we are ttc, but I can't.... :(

In your previous post when you were upset after tellng your mom about your ultrasound etc, is she so negative because she is against same sex reationships? Sorry I know that's personal....

No she is totally respectful or my sexual orientation. She wants us to get pregnant and she wants more tahn anything to be a grandmother. but she just isn't supportive in the way that I want I guess....I feel like she doens't understand just how hard it is on us...I feel like she doesn't realize how important and stressful this is. To her it is like 'oh well, on to next month'....

Oh no :( I wonder why the medication isn't working....Is there anything else they can give you to help mature enough follicles?

Have a safe flight, Hausfrau! I will think of you for sure. Hope it isn't too terrible :S

I'm doing pretty well. Just keeping busy and totally procrastinating on housework lol. Nothing else is really new and exciting. Taking a break from ttc was a good idea for us. DH and I still hope for a baby but this way is much less stressful :)

ya for sure less stressful! Must be nice to be on 'break'...i'm not sure how long we will try, praying for some sort of miracle.

Hey ladies, I'm back from the east coast and survived! Lol

How are you both doing???

Yay! I'm so happy you made it back! :D In one piece too ;) How are you?

I'm doing well. I saw my open cervix on an internal u/s yesterday and took full advantage of it later ;)

Also found out i have a tilted uterus so we were doing bd incorrectly all this time! So I'm hoping that with the new adjustments in position we'll get our BFP soon :D I got DH to take a zinc supplement for the last month so hopefully that made an impact on the sperm. I also got the best positive OPK ever (test line was 3x darker than the control like, which is not usually the case for me. Both lines are usually the same shade)! So here's hoping I guess ;)

How are things on your ttc front?

Ohh that's exciting! I remember when you were ready to give up! So glad that you are giving it another try :) If I had a tilted uterus would my Dr tell me? Is it something unusual? When I ovulate my opks are superrrr dark, so go for it!! :)

I'm good, I got to see my grandmother before she goes. She's not doing well at all and I'm pretty sure that I won't get to see her alive again, so I'm happy.

TTC wise, things are the same as usual. I don't want to jinx things but I think the iron suppliments are kick starting my cycle - things seem different this time :)

Well no other doctor ever told me, and I've been going to get that annual exam since...forever it seems lol. She just looked at it when she had the speculum in and said "oh, looks like you have a retroflex uterus" (meaning it's tilted towards my back). The internet says that approx. 20% of the population has it...Your doctor should tell you if yours is tilted though, especially if he/she knows that you are ttc.

I'm sorry to hear that your grandmother isn't doing well, but glad that you got to see her before she goes.

Fx crossed for you!! Yes, I am surprised I jumped back on the wagon so quickly but it had a lot to do with this new information from my doctor -- made me realize that nothing serious might have been wrong with us after all, and that all we had to do was adjust our positions ;) I'm really hoping that's it though.

I haven't told him we're ttc yet. I'd read someplace that doctors seem less likely to help if you tell them (considering we haven't been trying for a year yet) because they'll just tell you to relax, and your cycles etc will fall into place.

Yeah, I'm really glad I got to see her. While I was home we had to call 911 as she was having a heart attack - she went to hospital and is still there today. She'll most likely stay there for good (she has other issues aside from the recent heart attack). At least I got to see her, and even though she is end stage alzheimers she called me by my name (she only knows my name which is pretty cool) :)

Fx for you too! Hopefully the new positions work out! :) When could you start testing this cycle??

Testing day will be June 27th. That's our pack day so it could be an extra special day ;)

o0o0o Europe! I've always wanted to go there. Maybe next vacation :) Where in Europe are you going, if you don't mind telling?

I started having pain and burning when I peed starting this past friday, so I went to the doc today but he said it's not a bladder infection, but probably just an irritated bladder (probably from the new position and LOTS of bd'ing!) So I'm hoping we get a BFP, especially given all the trouble it's caused lol! I will def. post if test is positive!

Helllllloooo ladies!
has been a while since I checked it. We had to cancel our last cycle because I wasn't responding to the clomid, hadn't ovualted in over 60 days. Now we are going to try femara this month, hope it will work.
How is everyone? Anyone got a BFP?

Fit

Hey fitmommy!
When do you go for your next treatment after the femara?
No BFP yet for me, but still early. I realized that tomorrow I'll be 8dpo already! Maybe I will test lol. u/s last wed showed one large follicle ready to pop out in Left ovary so hoping we caught it this time!

o0o0o Europe! I've always wanted to go there. Maybe next vacation :) Where in Europe are you going, if you don't mind telling?

I started having pain and burning when I peed starting this past friday, so I went to the doc today but he said it's not a bladder infection, but probably just an irritated bladder (probably from the new position and LOTS of bd'ing!) So I'm hoping we get a BFP, especially given all the trouble it's caused lol! I will def. post if test is positive!

You guys should go! We went two years ago and were dying to go back :) We're going to Holland, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, and France.

Are you still having pain?? You definatly deserve a bfp after that lol (you deserve one anyways but you know what I mean lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->