TTC buddies, we did it! Heres to our 2012 babies!

wow newfie - so you have not gained anything since you got pregnant? that means you are less 5pounds your pre pregnancy weight? or did i missunderstand? thank you for the reassurance newfie - i guess i shouldn't worry as long as baby gets what it needs from what i have from previously. :)

so newfie in canada when they give you 1year paid leave...........is the pay based on what you have made during one year?

er - yes that is exactly what i thought nice to be past the risky period. :)

so question to er and impatient - is the maternaty pay the same for all mums in england?

well i am thanking god that i am not from the us because if i was i would have 0 dollars paid. i have a friend from sweden but she has lived in the states for 10years when she had her baby within 2 months she was back at work. so in order not to put the baby at day care they had to work out a whole deal where between her, her oh and her sister they took turns to have the baby until finally her mom took 6months off work from sweden and came to help out. crazy ha?!

anyway i wil get paid leave from sweden. in sweden one gets 80% of the salary during maternaty leave. so since i am a student currently i will get 80% of what i made at my old job. thank god! hahahaha i am done with school in march and oh will be done with his work end on next year and we will then return back to sweden.

oh impatient - i will certainly post a pic of my baby tomorrow after the scan. :)

Gaah what a day- i wasn't planning on telling my new work that im pregnant cuz im only 6 weeks, but today there was outbreak of an infectious disease thats potentially harmful to pregnant women in the nursery, so i had to tell everyone and im not allowed back until i can prove that im immune to it!!
I dont want to be stuck at home! everything drags lol.

How is everyone?
Ive been researching what me and OH are going to do for money after bubs is born and were going to be really stretched :/
xxxxxxx

Bellas goodluck hunny with your scan! And congratulations on 12wks that is a huge milestone!!

wow newfie - so you have not gained anything since you got pregnant? that means you are less 5pounds your pre pregnancy weight? or did i missunderstand? thank you for the reassurance newfie - i guess i shouldn't worry as long as baby gets what it needs from what i have from previously.

so newfie in canada when they give you 1year paid leave...........is the pay based on what you have made during one year?

Nope, you understood alright bella. I was 140lbs when I got pregnant and now I am 135lbs. :wacko:
And yes, our maternity leave pay is based on our money made in a year. It's %75 of your wages, not too bad seems you get it for one year from the day you leave. :thumbup:

aww tiggerz - thank you so much i can wait till the morning to roll around. :) how are you doing by the way?

belle - so happy you are not at work so you and your baby can be fine. you know what when it comes to money it comes and goes. i always use to think that there would be a good time to be a mom but there never is. we human always want more. i always said when i have done this and that then i want a baby. i think you guys (at a young age) are so courages for having a baby so early, i wish i was. oh sorry don't mean to ramble about but i am sure you will be fine financially no matter what.

newfie - wow that is crazy. so we weigh around the same. i started at 147 and now i am at about 138 pounds i belive. can i ask you how tall you are? just curious to how my bump would/could look like. :) i am 167cm i think that is about 5'7.

newfie - wow that is crazy. so we weigh around the same. i started at 147 and now i am at about 138 pounds i belive. can i ask you how tall you are? just curious to how my bump would/could look like. i am 167cm i think that is about 5'7.

I'm 5'9'' so we're pretty close on that regards too, lol. Hope you aren't as attached to your belly button as I was, I lost it pretty quick lol.

thank you newfie - hmm maybe i will start showing around the same time as you did then if we go by body weight and hight. :)

If your anything like me I started to notice myself at 13 weeks. People are still telling me I'm too small to be 20 weeks. :dohh:

Good luck to today Bellas - I can't wait to see the scan picture later!

Wow you girls are lucky with your maternity pay, over here you get paid 90% of your average gross weekly wage for the first six weeks and then 90% of your average gross weekly wage or £128.73 a week whichever is the lower amount.

So it's going to be quite a drop from taking home roughly £1550 after tax to just over £500. But me and OH are saving like crazy and just as you say Bellas there is never a good time to have a baby. Me and OH had a lovely chat about it last night and we both came to the conclusion no matter what happens we will be fine and get through, it may be hard but it will be all worth it to have our little family we have tried to so hard over the past nine months to get.

Sorry girlies feeling a bit cheesy today, I think the hormones are mellowing me out at the moment lol

xxxxxx

PS 10 weeks today - loving being in double figures!!!

Woww ten weeks! No way!

Im 23 weeks on sunday and I cant wait.. then at least I know that in like 7 days my little boy could live if anything happened or I went into early labour :D

That will be such a relief

xx

''Every day your baby stays in the womb increases their survival rate by approximately 3 percent during pregnancy weeks 23 and 26. Generally, after 26 weeks pregnant, the survival rate jumps to 80-90 percent''

Wow! x

Yes impatient, there is never a "perfect" time. We just go with the flow. :D 10 Weeks! Already?! Holy Cow. In the beginning it seemed like we were so far ahead of you but what's 10 weeks really in a lifetime. :wacko:
Er- V-day is so close. (viability day that is :))

All these milestone on here!! Nearly V day for you ER, 12 wks and double figures!!! We are all doing good! And im loving the 3% post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Im a complete worrier and that makes me feel a little better!!

Any scan pics yet Bellas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

I'm doing ok - 22 wks on Saturday, im on the countdown to V day! Still 2 wks away but time seems to be moving quite quickly atm! Tuesday i have to go and see the diabetes doc and consultant at the hospital - my blood sugars have improved for some reason, no idea why? But i am hopeful i may avoid injecting insulin for a little bit longer - keep your fingers crossed for me!!

****I can now see my tummy dancing about!!! Baby is having great fun in here, even DH saw him moving last night, im so in love with my baby boy!!!!!****

Have a lovely weekend girls and lets keep hitting those milestones :-D

Thought I'd share my bump pics from today. :)

Attachments

• 20 weeks + 5 days 007.jpg
    20 weeks + 5 days 007.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 4
  • 20 weeks + 5 days 008.jpg
    20 weeks + 5 days 008.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20 weeks + 5 days 009.jpg
    20 weeks + 5 days 009.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 5
hi ladies,

impatient - congrats on 10 week and double digit mark. it is exciting to have differnt milestones to reach.

er you just taught me something so that will be the next mark to strive for 24-26weeks. didn't know that once we reach that time baby can survive outside our belly.

tiggerz all fingers and toes crossed for you to avoid insulin injection. how exciting to feel baby dance. i can't wait. for now seeing on u/s was exciting.

newfie - love your bump, maybe mine will look like yours i can't wait.

so u/s went well so far the tech and doc said the measurment on the back of the neck was within the normal range. if they don't call by next friday with blod results that means that was ok also. then we have the second part of the sequential screening week 16, that will give us the final risk assesment. we loved seeing our baby. it kept showing us his/her tounge. oh i can't wait to find out the gender. i told oh he can make the call so its up to him if we find out or not. so if we want to know it will be at our 20week scan that is booked for 5th of january. :)

ok i hope i did attach the pictures correctly.

Attachments

• baby  114.jpg
    baby 114.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 6
  • baby  116.jpg
    baby 116.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 8
Bellas your baby is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, makes it feel so real doesn't it!!! Ahhhhhh!! So cute, and Jan 5th isnt far away for your 20 wk scan, thats kinda scared me because that means i'll be 30 wks OMG!!! Need to start buying things!!!! BTW my daughter is a May baby and its a beautiful time of yr to have a baby - all the spring flowers and blossom are all out in bloom and summer is well on its way!!!

Newfie - lovely baby bump!!! I will post one of me soon - i keep threatening it but my iphone is still in the repair shop, its the easiest thing to upload pics from - hopefully next week, im huge compared to you but i started off needing to lose some lbs!!! But i still havent gained a lb not bad for being 22 wks tomo and baby is growing correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news on your scan bella. Time fly's by. :)
Tiggerz, don't worry about the size of your bump. I started off slightly underweight and haven't put on any yet (by my doctors visits). By my scales last night I have gained 5 lbs so I hope it's right. :winkwink: My stomach is so tight I feel like I could pop at any time. I might wake up tomorrow and not be able to see my toes :rofl:

Newfie ive not seen my toes for weeks lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->