TTC buddies, we did it! Heres to our 2012 babies!

Yes I have LOADSSS of new stretch marks.. not been using any creams for a few weeks since I found out they cant reach that layer of the skin anyway lol! Will probably use bio oil after the birth to get them to heal quicker but theres no point now because they are only going to get worse x

Newfie I don't want to burst your bubble BUT I didn't have one stretch mark with my first all the way through to 41 wks!! BUT during labour and pushing etc I got quite a few nasty ones :-( They fade but never go away! I didn't get any new ones with my 2nd or so far this time. I'm using Shea butter shower cream everyday and a run of the mill moisturiser - I think it's Vaseline intensive moisture body lotion. I used bio oil for a while but stopping as it was so greasy!

Well I didn't really expect to get through the whole pregnancy with any stretch marks. Wishing but not expecting lol. I think I will just keep using the bio oil as it can't do any harm.

The good thing is I got a few of them early-ish (started about 6 weeks!) and those ones are already starting to fade to a white/pale pink silvery colour so after bubs is here it probably wont take long for the rest of them to fade (plus any new ones i get in the next few months).. they really dont bother me now x

Well I didn't really expect to get through the whole pregnancy with any stretch marks. Wishing but not expecting lol. I think I will just keep using the bio oil as it can't do any harm.

Well u may escape, I have a friend she she doesn't have any - so unfair lol xx bio oil will definitely not do you any harm! I also wishing & hoping I don't get anymore!

They won't bother me either way. I was just wondering when they started for you guys. :D

Everything's good. Just got back from my doctor's appointment and everything is perfect. The baby is actually measuring 5-6 days ahead of where he thought I was. I'm wondering if I should change my ticker though. hmmm. Baby is in the breach position but I already knew that from the location of the kicking. :D

Newfie glad your appt went well, are they changing your date? Just noticed your ticker, we're only 3 days apart now :)
My baby ranges from breach to laying across my tummy - can't remember what that's called!
ER has your blood pressure come down and you're feeling ok?

Yup they moved my date. They didn't say the baby was big for his/her dates, they said the baby is measuring perfect for his/her dates but he/she is 5-6 days ahead of what we thought. Which is okay because I thought I was actually a week ahead of what they we saying lol.
Side to side is transverse. It's what they believe my baby was doing at first cause my bump was so small. But since I'm always getting kicked in the groin I know they are breech now. :rofl:
How are you ER?
Thinking of you today impatient. :hugs:

Yep transverse that's the word! :) But this morning I've been feeling him quite low and squirming across my bladder :-(

ER how are you??

Impatient - how are you feeling, I hope your op went as well as it can go, been thinking of you too ((hugs))

Yup they moved my date. They didn't say the baby was big for his/her dates, they said the baby is measuring perfect for his/her dates but he/she is 5-6 days ahead of what we thought. Which is okay because I thought I was actually a week ahead of what they we saying lol.
Side to side is transverse. It's what they believe my baby was doing at first cause my bump was so small. But since I'm always getting kicked in the groin I know they are breech now. :rofl:
How are you ER?
Thinking of you today impatient. :hugs:

Im surprised theyve moved your dates newfie... they dont usually do that.. maybe your bubs is just measuring a bit bigger?
Because the early scans are more accurate at showing gestational age that should be the one they go off because they all grow at the same rate at first...
but if theyve moved it theyve moved it! I would just be worried that you arent actually that far along and end up getting induced/going way overdue when you havent had bubs by that date? :shrug:

Max was measuring 5 days ahead (21 weeks) and 20+2 but they dont change your date over here unless you are +10 days out x

Im fine.. got the midwife at 2.15 today for my 25 week check so we'll see what my blood pressure is! xx

Yeah ER. Here they will move you dates all around. :wacko: But I told them I was a week ahead anyways so it kinda matched up with my dates. They won't take you in here unless the baby or the mother is in some kind of distress.
Glad you're feeling okay. :)

Midwife appointment was okay:

Blood pressure: 141/88 (yikes)

Shes bringing me back in two weeks for another check up.. to keep an eye on me, she said if it starts going over either 160 (top number) or 90 (bottom number) I might have to be put on medication.

Urine result fine

Fundal height: 25-26 cm (which corresponds okay with the fact hes measuring 5 days bigger.. I suppose it shows hes not really gaining too quickly since 20 week scan)

Listened to heartbeat and she said it was a good strong one.. she even told me his position (which is the one hes usually comfy in) which is head to the right side high up and legs right down on the left hand lower side... I knew it he just loves kicking me constantly down at that side! :D

Bit worried that shes scheduled me in so soon though but I suppose the more observations I get the better..

Newfie! Whens your gender scan again? xx

That's great ER. And it's good that they are keeping a close eye on you, you can never be too safe. :thumbup: Our gender scan is Dec 14th. :happydance: Can't wait.

ER glad your appt was good and max is growing nicely!! Do they ever repeat your BP? the last couple of appts I've had my BP done twice (orMore) as the first is always high, I think because I get worried about seeing the amount of docs, cons, nurses and Mw's in the room - quite intimidating!!!

14th isn't far away Newfie - that reminds me I must book my 4d scan so the kids can come and meet their baby brother :)

Thank you!!! Can't believe I've made it too V DAY!!

Im excited... I think I turn into an eggplant overnight... (or aubergine in english) haha

Wooo! Gotta be that till 29 weeks though! Cant believe I get so excited about the size of fruit and veg...

Next countdown: 7 days till double digits

Hope impatient is okay... xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"