TTC C-1/CD-2 in need of a TTC buddy!

tummybump

Reaction score
Hi all! :) today's been pretty crummy with AF but I'm feeling a bit better now so all is good! haha but how are yall doin? what cycle day is this for you?

So I just made an ovufriend account today and was wondering how some of you ladies attach it to the end of your comments and posts?

OHH, also.. any of you ladies interested in sharing your charts with me..? this is my first TTC cycle so its also my first time charting and it would be nice to get an idea of what to look for and when :)

Anyway, baby dust to all! :) :dust:

Hello Tummybump! It is also my first cycle TTC (CD 4)! I would love a buddy going through the same thing :)

I have been charting with the Fertility Friend app since March but just created an Ovufriend account. To add your chart, you click on publish your current chart under your chart and copy that and paste it in your signature. I just added mine. If you ever have any questions about charting, I'm pretty well versed with it now.

How long are your cycles? Have you been waiting to try or did you just make your decision to start?

Hi! :) As much as I love my username, my names angie, you?
and yay! I'm so glad someone responded! haha and even better since we're only a day apart in our cycle!

my cycle has been pretty all over the place since Julys cycle.. before July I was on a consistent 31/32 day cycle but something went hay-wire and ever since then they've been ranging anywhere from 30 days to my last cycle which was 39 days!
july to august was a 35 day cycle, then I had a 30 day cycle, then a 36, and lastly a 39 day one. So I'm hoping by finally trying this month and charting, I'll be able to see and understand my cycle a bit better..

We were doing a "not trying, not preventing" type of thing but after talking about it a bit we decided we really wanted to slowly ease our way into trying.. and by that I mean we want to actaully try but just not stress ourselves out with it and then if were still trying after about 6 months we'll probably kick it up a notch.

what about you? hopefully you have it a bit easier than me and your cycles are consistent lol

Oh! and thank you so much for tellin me how to set up my signature.. I just could not figure it out and now I feel silly seeing how simple it was :p

Hi Angie :) I'm Laura. Sorry it took so long to respond!

My cycles actually sound a lot like yours! My past cycles have been 33, 30, 75, 34, and 33 days long. The one that was 75 days came out of no where and I think it was because I was exercising a lot. Although my cycles are somewhat inconsistent, I take comfort in the fact that I ovulated with all of them and I have a 15 day luteal phase which is good. I'm hoping this cycle is normal!

How old are you? How long have you been with your DH? I'm 24 and I've been married for a year and a half.

Mind if i join you guys?! Im also new to charting, iv been laid back the past 2 cycles as hubby and I wanted it to happen being as relaxed as possible but with nothing but BFNs we're kicking it into gear!

Iv ordered a BBT thermometer but its completely lost in the post :( im now CD7 today and nothing! Do you reckon its worth temping whenever it arrives? Or will it be really pointless and confusing? I really want to know when iv O'd! Temping seems to be the way to get the answer! Hubby ordered opks too so whenever they arrived i'l start with them too.

I didnt want it to take over my life but it totally has already :haha:

Hope we all get bfp's for christmas! :happydance:

Hi Twiggy57! How long are your cycles normally? If you can get it in time to get even a few temperatures before you ovulate then you should be able to see the pattern. If I were you I'd start no matter when you get it because you will be able to at least see around what your temperatures will be and you'll get used to the process.

I started temping to see when I ovulate because I hated not knowing anything about my cycles and it was so worth it. I take comfort in knowing when I ovulated and knowing when I'll get AF. Hopefully knowing those things will help me conceive. I'm really hoping my TTC experience is short!

Thanks hun, my thermometer finally came today!! So i could start tomorrow? This might sound like a silly question but can i set an alarm every morning for the same time (say 7:30 as thats when my husbands goes off Mon-Fri) and take my temp then if its a weekend just go back off to sleep? Then iv got constant readings every day at the same time but i dont necessarily 'wake up' at the same time every day? Would that work?!

I never temped when i concieved my daughter so this is all new!
My cycles have been very irregular in the past but for the past six months iv had 35 day cycles! So i at least know roughly how long im waiting. Currently CD8 and im expecting to O around CD20.

Lovekin- your temp has fairly dipped- that mean O is on its way for you?!

I always take my temperature when our alarm goes off for work and I set an alarm for the same time on the weekends just like you said. I think that's the best way to do it because they really do need to be taken at the same time. I woke up at my normal time of 6 today and it was 97.2 and I went back to sleep and woke up at 8:30 and my temperature was 98. It's crazy how fast they fluctuate!

Our cycles sound similar! I ovulate around CD 18 and I'm on CD 10 now so we will be pretty close this month :) I think the dip in my chart is just from sleeping well from being on break and because AF is done. It's possible I will be ovulating earlier but I doubt it. We will BD just to be safe though ;)

I'm excited to see your chart after you start temping! Hopefully we are both lucky this cycle :)

Thats made my life much easier if i can just take it then go back to sleep, i was just thinking i had to take it when i wake up and i'l have to get up the same time every morning (which never happens because my daughter wakes at whatever time she pleases and that determines when i get up!) but theres no reason why i cant take it then fall back to sleep again!

Yeah seems we're on similar cycles! Is this your first trying? You sound so clued-in for your first cycle!

Are you doing opks too? My hubby just ordered some! :haha:

Yeah this is my first cycle trying. My DH and I have been together for a long time so it's the weirdest thing trying to get pregnant when our entire relationship has been spent preventing it lol We've wanted kids for a long time but wanted to wait until it was the right time in terms of money, being married, and just enjoying time with each other before everything changes. I had problems in the past with birth control pills messing up my cycle and I was getting ovarian cysts so I started charting to get to know my body better and because I knew it would be nice for TTC. I'm also a bit obsessive when I get excited about something :)

I've never done OPKs but would be interested in trying them next cycle if this one doesn't work out. Let me know how they go for you!

Does your family know you're TTC?

Yeah we've been the same, getting ourselves in the best position before ttc. Concieving our daughter was a bit of a shock, and this time we've been married over 2 years, we've just not long bought our own home, with the 3 bedrooms I wanted, im at where i want to be at work, and things are all in place. We've been together 8 years, and feel so ready for this next baby!

My family dont know we're ttc, I think my mum has an inkling though. Shes dropped a few hints! Have you told yours? Although after being married for a while people almost 'expect' it of you huh?

I'l let you know on the opk's...they become addictive so will no doubt be obsessing over them!!

Is everything ok now with the cysts?

Sounds like you're in a good position for your next! That awesome though, it's so exciting to feel as ready as possible :)

My family and my in-laws have no idea. They desperately want it to happen and make jokes but we have been doing a great job of keeping it a secret. It will be so exciting to eventually tell them!

I haven't had any issues with cysts. I can feel ovulation each month but when the pain subsides, it always corresponds with ovulation. Pain in my left ovary has already started actually so hopefully ovulation will be earlier.

How has your cycle been for you? Is your DH just as excited as you are?

Have you thought about how you will tell your family when you get your bfp? How long will you wait to tell them?!

My hubby is excited, and pretty keen (he bought the pg tests last cycle on his lunch break!) and I really want to tell my daughter mummy and daddy are trying to give her a brother or a sister as i KNOW she'd be so excited but of course we cant, shes nearly 4 and understands everything- plus she would go around telling people lol!

Ok so took my temp at 7:30am and got 35.9 degrees celcius? I did have to get up at 2:45 to take my daughter to the toilet though...does that sound normal temp? Seems low to me!

Also opk this morn had a decent line but of course clearly negative. First day to enter my stats into FF!

I have thought a lot about how to tell my family but have no idea what I'll end up deciding to do. It probably depends on what is going on at the time. I think I'll wait until we see the baby's heartbeat to tell everyone. DH and I think it would be best to just tell everyone at once so no one has to keep a secret :) I cannot wait to have news to tell everyone! Have you thought about how you'll tell people? How long do you think you'll wait?

That's awesome that your DH is so involved! That does stink that you can't tell your daughter yet.

I think your temperature is fine. Mine has been lower than that before. It also depends on the thermometer so I wouldn't be worried about temperatures at all. What thermometer do you use?

My hubby just bought a BBT one off Amazon, it dowsnt have a brand name on it :/
Im now doubting its credibility as this morning got another 35.9! Took it again straight after thinking I hadnt reset it right, but I got 35.9 again! Bit strange but I was convinced it could be 'stuck' so I made hubby take his (LOL!) and it was different. So guess flatline temps for me! Will hopefully make it easier when my temp does spike!

I love watching Youtube videos of people telling their families... There was this one lady and she was playing charades at christmas and she spelled out 'Can you keep a secret, we're pregnant!' -thought it was awesome and totally what id do if i get a christmas bfp!! I'l tell my immediate family straight away when i get the bfp because i'l want their support? My mum is a midwife :) She was at the birth of my daughter and I couldnt imagine not telling her!!

So...anyway I took an opk today with SMU and got a positive?! Cannot be right, no way would I O this soon... We'll BD tonight anyway but its gotta be my body gearing up, just a surge but no O....im only CD11 and theres just no way im about to O already!!!

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been on in a while, it's been pretty crazy with holidays and such. I just wrote a long response and then went to post it and BNB had signed me out for some reason. GRR lol I'll try to remember most of what I had a written..

Laura, to answer your question way back, I'm 22 and HD and I have only been together since January 12th but we had been dating since my 7th grade year of junior high! :)

Twiggy, first off, I adore how involved your hubby is! It's always nice to know they're just as excited and anxious about everything as we are! lol
That's strange your OPK came out positive that soon in your cycle.. I'm on CD 11 too. When does FF say you're supposed to ovulate? FF says I should be fertile the 13th-16th but Ovufriend say my expected ovulation dates are between the 9th and 13th. I'm too sure which one to believe lol I suppose DH and I will BD on the 7th and then every other day until the 14th then BD on the 15th and 16th just to be extra careful.

Sorry if my thought are all over the place, like I said, I'm trying to just cover all the bases I talked about in my last post before it didn't go through
Anyway, how are y'all doing?

:wave: Welcome back hun!

FF is saying my fertile window is 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th. O expected on the 14th as its been highlighted green? Says AF due on 28th so im hoping its right and I do actually O on 14th as id be 11dpo on christmas day and 11dpo is when i got my bfp with my daughter so it would be perfect to get it on xmas day!!

Its odd you've been given different fertile windows? I would probably do what you've said above ^ and BD every other day from 7th-16th if you can keep it up? Are you doing opks? That will maybe eliminate some confusion as thats a big window! (And alot of :sex:) :haha:

Yeah my husband is really supportive, he's an amazing daddy to our little girl and he just adores her, and she adores him....so no persuasion needed to get him excited about ttc! He wanted everything in place (as did I!) before we ttc. And now we have our own house, the 3rd bedroom, im where i need to be at work etc...he's definitely ready. He's 35 and just feels ready to finish our family!

Twiggy56, I've been through a few thermometers and some had "favorite temperatures" but I saw a shift in all of the charts. You're right, sometimes it shows the shift more clearly because the line is flatter.

I've also watched several videos of couples announcing their pregnancy but the charades one sounds fun! Those videos make me so excited :)

It's possible you could be ovulating early but doubtful if that isn't normal for you. I'm on CD 13 and plan to BD every day until I know I've ovulated if all goes well. I want to make sure we don't miss it!

Angie, that's awesome that you and your DH have been together so long! When it comes to ovulation, your BD plan sounds good and make sure you check for ewcm too.

I'm so glad that we all might ovulate around the same time! So I have seen stuff all over Facebook about the tdap vaccine for whooping cough so I'm going to my doctor to get that and the flu shot and any other things I might need. Have you two gotten vaccines for ttc?

So yeah. Not impressed. Turns out the BBT thermometer my hubby ordered isnt actually a BBT one!! (Despite them advertising it as one!) its only got 3 digits and apparently BBT ones have 4? So accurate to two decimal places? Gah!

No wonder my temps were wonky lol! However i did take another reading this morning anyway just to keep it going as im hoping i'l still see some sort of shift? And I got 36.1! So iv plotted it in my graph. We'll see. With my other observations im hoping it'l still be ok?

Laura I havent had anything vaccine wise? Are you in the US? We only decided to start trying in October and iv just been taking folic acid and multi vitamins in the mornings.

This wait to O is kiiiiiilling me! Still gotta wait til next week before i start getting any hints of a positive on my opks. Guna bd every second day anyway to cover all bases...I reeeeally want a bfp this month. Its all I want for christmas!!!

My thermometer only has three digits. I had one with four before and it was a worse thermometer than the one I have now. You still have time to get another but I think you should be fine.

I know exactly what you mean about this wait to O... It's so hard!!!! It's crazy to think that the two week wait may be worse! It would be the best Christmas gift ever!! And birthday gift for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->