TTC - ectopic survivor - one tube!

Trish dd is a post ectopic rainbow. 2 months after actually. I've been trying to get the house ready for her birthday party, you know, cleaning, food, etc. Gave her pizza and she's as happy as can be now. 3 days and all I had to do was giver the girl pizza. Smh

Discovered something interesting tonight. I went back through my pink pad app and when I got that very faint BFP with #2 it was Sunday and AF was due Wednesday. Apparently I didn't test as early as I thought. This weekend would be the same thing, test Sunday and AF due Wednesday.

Mod - that's awesome. Yeah I think we're just going to BD every 2-3 days this month and relax. No OPK or anything. I think it's to much stress on me. On cd3 today and cramping so I don't feel to well but thankfully it's the weekend and I can relax

Good luck Breakingdawn. It could be a positive sign. It's so hard to tell.

Dtrisha - cramping stinks. Hope it goes away soon. My husband and I went through times when we didn't plan as much either. It was nice to take a somewhat break while still TTC. BD every 2-3 days is surely enough.

Mod - hope the birthday party goes well. Should be an exciting time. Though I know they can get stressful.

Ladies... :( I caved today because I remembered AF now usually comes a day early on Tuesday... :bfn: I was building myself up for this for days, I have no idea why I'm so upset but I literally cried. I know everyone says you aren't out until she shows but unless it's another ectopic, it's on to May.

I'm sorry Breakingdawn - this is such a rollercoaster of emotions each month. Hugs!

Ugh that is unfortunate :( I really hate AF. I don't think it helped us the last few months because of worrying about OPK and when they got positive and such. I'm hoping the more relaxed approach will help us out this month. Are you tracking O as well breaking ?

Yes, I have to. My husband is in school full time and works full time so he won't just BD every other day all month. He gets really really tired easily. So the 3-4 times we try, all need to be around O. And I cannot just guess. :(

Awh. Well that stinks :( just be hopeful for next cycle !

I am feeling really discouraged right now. I have been having a lot of pain on my lower left side (feels like it is right on/near my ovary). I read this means that is probably the side I ovulated from this past month. That was my good side. :( That means in May there is a good chance I will ovulate from my right side... well guess what? There is no tube there. I can't win.

I'm so sorry breakingdawn. It does suck. I wish it didn't. I get pains on my bad side all the time now. Sometimes excruciatingly and I've missed work several times for it. I'm assuming it's related to the scar tissue and ovulation, since that's when it happens. Though, there has been some question as to which side is actually my tube that was removed, because my doctor's reports are contradictory. I'm not sure if I can go back to the doctor that did the ectopic surgery and get a report now or not. That would help answer some questions.

Anyway, you don't switch back and forth each month, which can make it even more frustrating when planning. I think it's technically which side matures first. And it can be the left side two months, then the right once, etc. It's just anyone's guess and it sucks because you can't help in timing anything. It's good to hear that people had success with the other tube "picking up" the egg though. So that's a plus.

Get out your frustrations though. We are here and have to go through the same stuff.

I get so mad some months. Now I'm just happy to be moving onto IVF so I can by-pass the tubes all together, since they seem to be really non-functioning now in my case.

Thanks :( Your reply made me cry. So many people to tell me to suck it up, and to stop being so negative. But none of these people know what it's like TTC with one tube. I can't keep suppressing my feelings. Every now and then I need to just get them out, however irrational or negative they may be. So thanks for saying that. Thanks for being someone who finally says it's okay for me to get angry and disappointed and sad. I needed that.

hello everybody,
it is my first time here and would like to share my story.
in march i had my period and after a week i had spotting for 2 days so i went to the doctor's clinic and they did a blood test and turned out i am pregnant even though i have had my period 1 week before that. the doctor said it was not a period and i cant be convinced that it was implantation spotting since it was just like my period flow would be but without the pain that usually comes with it. after 2 weeks i had severe right pain and was rushed to the hospital for a surgery that removed the pregnancy and left my tubes intact according to the dr.
the surgery was on 30th of march, so now on 22 of april i had a 2 days period just like the last time no pain no nothing just the flow and now i am spotting again!!
i am terrified and confused i dont want to be having another ectopic
i just need to know when should you get your period after the surgery? isnt it too early after only 3 weeks? and wasnt it supposed to be extremely painful?

Breaking- big hugs to you! I'm sorry you're going through all this. I couldn't imagine having just one tube.

Hatethewait- I'm not sure how soon after the surgery you should be having a period as I had MTX for my ectopic. But if I had to guess 3 weeks if pretty early maybe ? And weird stuff happens after your EP is what I have been learning. After MTX for me I had longer periods and heavier and now they're finally going back to normal.

I had surgery for an ectopic on September 3, 2011. My right tube was lost. I got pregnant again in October and received a BFP on October 30, 2011. It is HIGHLY possible to get pregnant soon after an ectopic and tube loss. My 3 year old is living proof. If you have any concerns I would order some cheap pregnancy tests from amazon and just keep a watch on it to make sure your body is not producing any hcg.

Breakingdawn - absolutely! That's what we are here for, and it's perfectly natural to get angry. I joined roller derby awhile ago and I think one of the main reasons was to help get anger out in a more positive manner. It's not good to bottle it up at all. I did that for too long and learned my lesson.

Hate the wait - so sorry for your loss and that you had to suffer through an ectopic. Sending ... :hugs: Mine has been 7 years ago now, so granted my memory is sketchy of that time. But I believe I had a fairly normal period the month following. If anything my period was probably lighter, though I was anemic and on prescription-strength iron supplements at the time from my tube rupturing. Since that time, my periods have stayed fairly normal, however, I spot every month now before my period and I do get ovulation pains. You will definitely notice some changes from having been pregnant (especially if it was your first), having an ectopic, and having surgery. But everyone is different. I also did not have any MTX shots, which maybe what cause longer and heavier periods for Dtrisha and others.

Just keep an eye on it and if the pain gets worse, definitely have it checked out. I did not feel comfortable with my doctor that performed my surgery and went to another hospital a week later to have it looked at because I was scared of some more issues: such as pain in the arms again from blood loss. They checked me out and said it was just the body evening out and blood being reabsorbed. Sounds like your tube didn't rupture, which is great. However, getting rechecked out if you are worried is not a bad idea. It will give you some peace of mind. I needed that alot after my surgery.

I'm feeling a lot better now. :) I should ovulate a few days after Mother's Day in May so maybe it will be a good luck charm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->