TTC - ectopic survivor - one tube!

No. He is being a jerk. And even if I force the issue nothing will come of it if he is not into it so I give up this month. On to month 4.

:/ that stinks. Does he want it as bad as you? Or he just thinks it'll happen eventually.

We have two kids already so this really isn't a high priority for him to be honest. If we had no kids I'm sure it would be different.

Sorry your dh is being a jerk.

I stopped testing on cd 20 with no positive opk, so I'm out this month too. Oh well. I've completely come to peace with only having one child, so if it doesn't happen for me, I'm surprisingly ok with it. Really considering giving away all of my opks and hpts.

Just went to the grocery store and seen this girls mom that I've been friends with since I was little. We're not super close like we used to be but we're still like aquantances I guess you could say well She got married 3 months after me and we're not together a year or two. Well her mom tells me she's pregnant. And I seriously almost busted into tears in the grocery store. I told her I was happy for her daughter and what not but as soon as I got in my car I started crying. Why is it that she gets pregnant and I'm still not. Why is it that the people that want it most and have lost one or two don't get the joy. I knew I wanted kids since I was little. I don't think it helps that I'm supposed to have a week old baby right now and be happy as could be. I just don't know what to do anymore. I think if AF shows this month (which I think she will) then I'm going to call and make a appt with my OB. Hopefully she can run some standard tests atleast and go from there.

Dtrisha - I'm so sorry. Hugs. It definetly is super hard around when you were supposed to deliver. I had a really hard time with it as well.

It's not a bad idea to make an appointment. Remind me how long you have been trying this time around?

I wish I would have gotten checked out more after my ectopic to see what was going on.

Mod - I had to give up opk and testing awhile ago as well. It was just stressing me out and therefore not helpful.

Breaking - so sorry. But sounds like you got one time in your fertile window. It has to be hard if you and your husband aren't on the same page and it sounds like he has a lot going on for him right now. Hopefully you can get sometime in soon. Is he almost done with school?

This will be month 5. I wish they would of done some kind of check up after my levels went to 0 and my period came back or something. I didn't have any kind of follow up which I thought we weird but I didn't know what to expect.

I just noticed you are going to be starting IVF next month. I'm just curious but hoe long does that process take ? Like when did they find out you needed IVF and how long since then do you get to actually do it. If that makes sense?

Bronte...when you finally get your bfp I want you to let me know and I will make blanket for your first little one. It's kind of my thing to make these for friends and family, and since you've been through so much and have had such a long road, I feel it's well deserved. The pic attached is the one I made for dd. Sorry it's such a small section of it, but I had to keep cropping it cuz it kept telling me it was too large.

Attachments

• 1103151934-1-1-1.jpg
    1103151934-1-1-1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 2
Mod - how incredibly sweet of you. I'd love it. The blanket looks so cozy and adorable. I really hope this IVF will work. Everything looks promising, but you never know.

Dtrisha - I didn't have any testing after my ectopic and didn't know what to expect either. But it sounds like that's standard. I know I could have pushed for it but based on my history the doctors just thought it was a fluke. I'd definetly see if you could get looked at especially if they had no explanation for your ectopic.

In terms of IVF it actually wasn't that long of a process. I didn't start blood tests and an HSG test until January of this year. It took longer than normal for me since I had issues with my first HSG test. So didn't find out until March that my other tube was blocked. Got into the RE in April and decided on IVF as the best option. We could have started sooner but I wanted to try to lose some weight and we have a big trip planned next month that messed up two cycles due to timing.

Anyway I should have gotten checked out much sooner but just kept trying naturally until we were ready to move on to the next step.

There's normally lots of other options before IVF for most people though depending on what the problem is.

Thank you for the input. Yeah I don't think I will need help hopefully I jut want to make sure. My friend Said all the had to do for her was give her medication to make her eggs more stickier and she got pregnant that first month. So I'm hoping something like that is the most I will need. But I think I want a HSG to make sure my tube is cleared.

Ladies, I am taking a little break. Had a pretty big fight with husband last night because it seems like every month we go through this and I have to try and try and try to get him to put fourth effort into TTC and I just don't think he is on the same page. I have given up TTC at this time. I have had a really hard night and am pretty upset this morning. I will check in as I can.

Breaking. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Maybe just not try so hard and just BD when you feel like it and it'll happen ?

Sadly that is not an option for us. I am 35 years old. DH is in his 40's. Our risk for various genetic/birth defect issues goes up every year now. On top of that I have had various complications with prior pregnancies including pre term labor (both times) which I have been told by my doctor may also increase with age. My chance for a second ectopic also increases yearly. So.. with all that being said, we just cannot "try occasionally and see what happens." My doctor said ideally before I am 36 if possible. That is in September.

Oh honey I'm sorry. Unfortunately you both have to be on the same page :(. I hope he changes his mind. You know we're all her for you!

So sorry for the TMI picture. But I had this today. It is CD20. I thought my cycles were getting better and back to normal. But now I see this. Ugh. Now what?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2
Breaking - I'm so sorry, but yeah, unfortunately you both need to be on the same page. Maybe once things calm down for your husband a bit he will be more open to it. i know you are fighting with age. I'll be 36 in September as well, so I feel you on that one and it sounds like you have added issues that will make it harder with age. But it doesn't sound impossible. I really hope you two can work it out and you'll be back TTC again soon.

Dtrisha - hmm...weird. I'm not sure.

Do you think by the OPK I'm getting ready to? Usually it will look like this one day then turn positive. I took some throughout the past two weeks on just random days and didn't see anything. So now I guess will BD tonight in case?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 3
It does look like it's going to go positive soon. That's what happens with mine as well, they will slowly get darker. I'd BD just in case. It certainly couldn't hurt.

Thank you. I will test again in the A.M. then too. FX'd

Pretty positive right ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members