TTC - ectopic survivor - one tube!

I thought the chances would be low of a second ectopic! Then I started reading that those who have had a ruptured tube with internal bleeding can have scar tissue form on the other tube. :( So then I panicked all over again. I am trying hard to think positive. I keep telling myself it is probably too early if it was ectopic pain. So either it is nothing and normal AF stuff or possibly a viable pregnancy.

Okay that is true because I likely have scar tissue on the other side and I think it formed several months or even years after my surgery and now it's blocked it completely. So it can happen...but it's still not that common. And the docs don't even know for sure in my case. They just guess. Also, I'm pretty positive my scar tissue is on the outside of the uterus and not the inside which means it's more likely to prevent pregnancy than cause another ectopic. Or it could be endo that got out as a result of the surgery. I know this isn't helping. But your chances in the other tube are still not that high. It's possible (it always is) but try to give it a few days before freaking out. I was really worried about another as well. But worrying about it won't help. You will just know to get checked out sooner if you get a positive test and to be monitored properly just in case.

I also think your pregnancy after the ectopic likely makes your issue a bit different. I'd wager it was harder for scar tissue to form in your case since you had a pregnancy soon after. If that helps!

Oh gah, I hope that helps. Now I am terrified I have scar tissue everywhere else. You didn't mean for that to happen did you? :haha: I guess I should have warned you that you are dealing with a true hypochondriac. I don't know how my husband has survived me this long to be honest. Needless to say my OBGYN will be getting an earful at my appointment the end of the month about all my concerns if no pregnancy. :X

My main symptoms are that I get pretty painful ovulations (some months it's not as bad but some months I've missed work because it hurts so much it makes me ill around ovulation time and there's severe pain) and I start spotting before my period every month now. Between 2-7 days before. Like clockwork. That only started about a year and a half ago. You have never mentioned any of that. So you could have some scar tissue but if you don't have any symptoms you are likely fine. I'm trying to help you. But I know it's hard regardless. If there's no pregnancy by your appointment date the HSG test is your best bet to determine if scar tissue might be a culprit and has blocked the other tube. As I said since you had a successful pregnancy after your ectopic you really have less to worry about. But peace of mind might help and be worth the cost of the test.

Let us all hope it's a viable pregnancy you are feeling regardless though. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Thank you for all the advice. I was wondering if an hsg might be a good idea. I'm glad I have a doctor appointment soon either way.

8/9 DPO today.. Saturday is getting closer. Nervous. :/

I wish I could kick this cold. Last night I felt almost 100% better. Now I feel awful all over again! Throat hurts and everything! Now ontop of that I think I have a yeast infection and it is a bit painful to potty and a lot of CM stuff. :( Sorry for the TMI, this is not my week. As long as all of this clears up for Alice's party Saturday I will be okay!

Thanks! I am a big ball of fun right now. I just need a bed. How are you getting on?

I'm doing fine. Though the week after vacation always seems busy with catching up. Also, just getting everything finalized for IVF. We had our injection training yesterday so all of that is set. Though each of the injections are slightly different. I'm probably going to make my husband give me most of them so it's his way of participating and it's less worry on me that I'll screw them up. I'm excited though. I have a good feeling this is going to bypass all my trouble spots and we'll have success. Hopefully!

I think you'll have success. :) Holding out a lot of hope for you. Please keep us updated. <3

I caved and tested much earlier than I wanted to. I wanted to hold out until after my DD's birthday so I would not be depressed and I failed. It is another month, another BFN. I should be about 10DPO and while everyone says it is early.. it really isn't for me. I never have issues seeing faint lines on IC's around 8DPO.. so now of course I will worry about an ectopic until AF comes. :( I am really upset today and it is so hard being in the forums seeing everyone move on month by month with their BFPs. Some after only a month trying. I am happy for everyone.. but it is hard. So, I am going to take a little break guys. Wishing all of you the best and I will peak in from time to time just to see how everyone is doing. Bronte, thank you for the support and advice and I hope June is your lucky month.

Breaking - so sorry you are having a difficult time. I tend to stay off the main pages so don't see a ton of BFP announcements. But somedays they are harder than others to take. If it's easier to stay off here then I wish you well. Keep us updated on your status. Hope you have good news to share soon.

Ladies, I am coming back on tonight for help. I am super scared. I mentioned having some type of yeast infection... can this cause random bleeding? I went to the bathroom just now because I felt a *lot* of CM, when I wiped there was *definite* blood there. It was not bright red.. just a weird brown color... but unmistakable. I am about 9/10DPO but I appear to have some sort of infection. It is not any worse than those I have had in the past and this is the first time I have noticed it. It really scared me! My period is not due until Tuesday next week.

I don't know much about yeast infections since I've never had one but when I spot before my period now it's almost always brown. That just means it's old blood that didn't come out with the last period. They don't know for sure why I randomly starting spotting either. I'm convinced it has to be linked to my ectopic somehow. Either because of scar tissue or some reason. Mine started 1.5-2 years ago. So a good five years after my ectopic and it just randomly started one month and now happens every month. At first I kept thinking it was inplamentation blood because sometimes it happens up to a week before my period.

Sorry I can't help explain. I'm sure it could be the yeast infection and it just moved some old blood. If it continues though it might be your new normal. None of my doctors have been concerned about it. But it is annoying not to know why it happens for sure.

I don't know much about yeast infections since I've never had one but when I spot before my period now it's almost always brown. That just means it's old blood that didn't come out with the last period. They don't know for sure why I randomly starting spotting either. I'm convinced it has to be linked to my ectopic somehow. Either because of scar tissue or some reason. Mine started 1.5-2 years ago. So a good five years after my ectopic and it just randomly started one month and now happens every month. At first I kept thinking it was inplamentation blood because sometimes it happens up to a week before my period.

Sorry I can't help explain. I'm sure it could be the yeast infection and it just moved some old blood. If it continues though it might be your new normal. None of my doctors have been concerned about it. But it is annoying not to know why it happens for sure.

This is the first time I've ever had spotting this early. It was mixed in with a TON of cm which also isn't normal so it has to be either infection related or by some miracle IB. But I'm having light back pain now and cramps. I'm nervous about what's going on. :(

It could be IB. Let's hope so! Even if you don't normally get it, it's possible. Try not to get your hopes up to much. I did everytime I saw it too and it made it worse. It's possible especially the timing. But if you noticed infection first it's probably related to that.

Oh trust me, hopes not up. I'm more terrified I have some horrible medical issue. :X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->