• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC - ectopic survivor - one tube!

FX for you!! It is so stressful waiting for O. Then you have the 2ww after that. The joys of TTC huh?! Haha! I never even started using my OPKs until the beginning of O week. I hated wasting them and usually my ovulation day was fairly consistent. I have no idea what it is like now!

I tried temping awhile ago too and never had success with it. I'd always forget to do it first thing in the morning and I get up a lot in the middle of the night and that would always mess it up. I stopped pretty quickly. Opks are much easier!! Though once I got used to my cycle I could predict pretty well without them too.

Mod - hope you get ovulation soon. It definitely is a waiting game for all this.

Breakingdawn - so sorry you are out this month.

So I had my first RE appointment and will be starting IVF soon. It's a scary and intimidating process. But very exciting at the same time. I have a few more tests they need to redo and we should be good to go soon.

So glad the appt went well! I'm sure it's all a bit intimidating but I can definitely see how exciting it probably is also! I'm so excited for you! Make sure to keep us posted with everything. I've known a few people who have done Ivf, and most of them have implanted successful embryos.

Found this thread and just wanted to wish everyone baby dust and good luck. I'm pregnant after an ectopic in November 2014 that resulted in the loss of my left tube. Strangely enough, at my first ultrasound we found out I had ovulated on my left side and my right tube hopped over to catch the egg <3

Far that's awesome! Definitely gives some of us hope...and proof that it does happen like that (ovulating from the opposite side). A big congratulations!

I think it is so freaky the other tube can go get the egg. :haha: No idea why! I just get a weird visual every time! But it is definitely reassuring to know! I am having a full normal AF this month so I am hoping I get a nice normal O in April! :O

I think it's freaky that the tube can get an egg from the other side too. Our bodies are fascinating. Congrats Farfromhome. Best wishes on a happy and healthy pregnancy.

And yes, much congrats to you! :) Looks like I need some April buddies.

How is everyone doing?

Cd 16 for me. Still a negative opk this morning, but TONS of pinkish ewcm today, so that's a good start! Not worried about the pinkish tint as I had a really short period and probably just some leftover blood...but yay! I used to be so dry, but since I started taking probiotics I'm definitely more wet down there.

Waiting for dumb AF to leave! :( Hopefully she will be gone by this weekend some time.

I'm just hanging out. I need to work on losing some weight before doing IVF and have a few more tests. So I'll probably just be in limbo for awhile (one of my least favorite places to be).

Good luck as you are about to enter the TWW, Mod. Fx for you!

Being in limbo stinks. :/ Hopefully it won't be too long of a limbo for you though.

Being in limbo does suck. Do you have ant sort of time frame at all?

I've had 2 days of positive opks. (3 total test, will do another tonight and again tomorrow). You O 12-24 hours after the first positive right? I thought I read somewhere before that it's normal to have a couple days of positives. I hope so lol. We've bd the last 3 nights, but went to the zoo today and are wore out! So not really sure if it'll happen tonight. Yesterday morning was my first positive and we used preseed and softcups last night, so hoping for the best. I had a few cramps yesterday and pain on my left side, so hoping that means I o'd from the left where I still have a tube left!

Also, out of curiosity I did a due date calculator to see if it would be a 2016 or 2017 baby, and it would be a Christmas baby. Like, due date would be Christmas Day. That would be the best Christmas present ever! But I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.

Ooh good luck Mod. I've read differing opinions regarding when you ovulate after your first positive on a opk. I'm sure it varies greatly by individual too. But generally anywhere from 12-60 hours. I think you are right on schedule and might want to fit in another time just in case. It definitely couldn't hurt your chances. Good luck. It's always refreshing when you feel O pain on your "good side." I like that feeling as well. Fingers crossed for you!!

I have an ultrasound this week and blood tests, since one of my last prolactin level was high. They are hoping its within normal range on a fasting test. If not I have to have more tests. The ultrasound is just to double check I don't have fluid in my remaining tube. Then we should be all set. I need to lose about 10 lbs to qualify for the shared risk programs, which we will likely do. But losing less will help regardless so I might wait a few months just to be safe. We are probably looking at starting in late June, July or August.

Bronte how have all the tests gone so far this week?

I'm just hanging out until test time. Sunday will be 8dpo, so knowing me ill probably start testing Saturday lol.

Ha, Mod it's hard to resist not testing early. Good luck!!

I had an ultrasound this morning that went well. No fluid in my tubes and my lining looks good. She checked a bunch of stuff and said everything looked great. So all good news that we should be moving forward. I also had a blood test for my prolactin levels and should know the results by the end of the day. The nurse seemed to say that's fairly easy to treat though if it's high again. We'll see.

Hi ladies :) It is O week for me, not much going on. Will try some OPKs on Monday and see what is going on. Very relaxed approach this month though. I hope everyone is doing well!

Good luck breaking! Are you doing the every other day thing or getting on it all days when you see that positive?

So far I've tested 3 days (6dpo, 7dpo, 8dpo) and have gotten 3 evap lines! Ugh why?!?! I've used two different brands of tests and it's killing me now! Lol. I just want am answer.

Today's evap line showed up in 3 hours, yesterday's was after 10 hours, and who knows on Friday since I was at work. I hate evap lines!

The evap line killed me last month. :( I ordered my IC OPKs and HPTs. I used them with my last pregnancy and they worked awesome. I got my BFP at 9 DPO on those tests with #2! We are doing every other day. Both times I got pregnant we did every other day just 3 times during O week and that worked. I feel like every other day is best because it does build up the swimmer count by double! So we did Saturday night, depending on how my OPK goes tomorrow, we should BD Monday and Wednesday and that will probably be it unless I show a late ovulation in which cause we would do Friday for good measure! If this isn't enough we may try to squeeze in a little more BD time next month. It is so hard to time is just right and know when to do it, especially when you are doing every other day. Ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->