TTC Fertile Cervical Mucus Confusion?!

horsegirl12

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here and this is my first post! Me and DH have been ttc and I'm having some confusion with fertile cervical mucus (warning post may be tmi). My cycle is very consistent at 27 to 28 days. On day 14 I noticed a little fertile cervical mucus so me and DH did the baby dance on day 14 and 15 of my cycle. However on day 17 + 18 and I noticed even more fcm than on day 14. I used the first response ovulation test and got a negative but now I'm worried I'm missed my timing. DH is working out of town 4 days a week so it's very important to get the timing right! Has anyone else had any experience with this?

I hate these cheapies (OPK), it is so stressful to read them. I always get negative O, when I am actually wet with lot of EWCM. If you want to know your most fertile period more accurately, use natural sources. Like checking EWCM and tracking BBT. It plays a fundamental role in TTC process. Ton of EWCM is your body's way of telling you to get the little swimmers up there so they're ready and waiting for the egg. Ovulation usually occurs around the last day that fertile quality cervical fluid is observed. This is often called the "peak" day.
Did you test multiple times of the day? Or you could have simply missed the surge. Some women have to test 2-3 times a day to see their surge.

Stella

Hi :) I'm also fairly new to this forum and only started ttc with my DH last month, so I'm in no way an expert at this! I did wonder this too, and after a bit of research I think that possibly the increased cm after you and your partner have dtd could be just leftover semen. I found this webpage quite useful when trying to work out what was cervical and what was seminal, so hope it helps you too x

https://www.justmommies.com/getting...ction/ewcm-egg-white-cervical-mucous-or-semen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->