TTC for 6+ months? *20 bfp's and counting!*

Right there with you! I have been trying since April of 2011 for baby #1. :shrug:

Hi sparkles - welcome.

Have you had any tests done?

Hey girls. I went to my appt this AM which was a bust. I am so disappointed. My OBGYN refused to do anything til it has been 6 months after my MC. To her, I guess it doesn't matter how long all together it has been since trying. So she said if nothing happens by May to come back and she will refer me to a Reproduction Endocrinologist. She thinks I'm fine and that I OV earlier than what my charts and OPK's say. Which is a load of crock. Why would I be getting + opk's after I OV??!! She also thinks that everyone has a 14 day LP. Mine is clearly 11 days but she begs to differ Ugh! (except for last month when I took b6)

She is going to do a progesterone test on CD20 but I don't OV til CD16 so I will only be 4dpo so it of course will show that everything is fine. Stupid.

Anyways, I feel helpless and alone. I asked for help and got shushed away.

So onto Cycle #10 with tears in my eyes and not knowing what to do. Feel like I have to do this by myself. I am going to be 32 in like 6 weeks - I feel like time is of the essence. I am so sad today girls.

I am so sorry snowflakes :hugs:

I know it sucks to hear this, but you should see a different doctor. Get a second opinion. I know it is a pain to find a new doctor and tell them your whole history, etc. but I don't think this doctor knows what is going on.

I don't remember, but did you ever try B6 to lengthen your LP?

Sorry for the witch Pink! Hugs girl! Our cycles will be close this time!

Lulu - I did do the B6 and it lengthened it by 1.5 days this cycle so I am happy about that. I am going to continue taking it. I am thinking about switching Dr's - I just don't know. This Dr. was great with my miscarriage - I just don't understand why she sucks so bad at TTC stuff! Ha!

Yeah that is hard. That is good she was good with your m/c. But if you want to move on and be proactive about TTC, then I suggest seeing a different doctor. Maybe even 2 more! Then you can compare the different doctors and see which one you like best.

Sparkles - sorry about AF :(

Aw Snowflakes, that's not so good :hugs: I agree with Lulu, try to see a different doctor, this is your life and your dream of a baby - don't let one person's ignorance of the situation hold you back. Hope you feel more positive soon xx

Snowflake - sorry that your doc doesn't seem to be taking you seriously. I have heard some docs say that LP is 14 days but then others have told me its normal to have one in the range of 12 to 16 days. I think I would try a different doc.

I am currently 9dpo today and still haven't had my pre AF spotting which as normally started now. Not sure if that's good or not as it only started since ttc. Still feel very tired and my boobs are very sore. Not sure when to test yet. AF isn't due until Sunday.

Hi girls, Any chance I can tag along?totally new to this,drawn in by all ur positivity!was starting to lose hope
Due af since lw but 2 bfns - no good news!cd 48(incredibly long cycles,I know)!
Not sure I'm even ovulating @ this stage!hav been referred to local gynae by my doctor so hopefully might get some answers.
So 4 now just waiting (story f my life past 6 mnths!)for af 2 start again!n trying my best to stay positive 

Hey Izzybella, welcome! Hope you get some answers from the gynae, at least then you know where you are in this crazy ttc journey! Glad you've joined the thread, these girls definitely keep me positive when I feel like giving up!! :hugs:

:hugs: snowflake.. I think you should get a second opinion too.

Looks like we will be cycle buddies... :witch: arrived for me today. My cycles are super regular and for some reason this one lasted 3 days longer, just to screw with me! So on to cycle #8....

Sorry that the witch got you trgirl :hugs:

You are joining me in the 8th cycle! I think I am officially in the 2WW now though. I might be 1DPO. Who even knows anymore.

Thanks. FX'd I even actually O'd!

Ok, I feel like a beginner now because I have a really stupid question.

I have been using OPK's for 7 months now and I didn't even think about this. But, how long are you supposed to whole in your pee before you take an OPK? I know you are supposed to test in between 12 and 8. But I heard somewhere that you should hold in your pee for like 4 hours. I do not do that! Not every time at least. Or does it not matter?

I think (and I may be wrong) but it doesn't matter as much as with hpts. It is better to do in the afternoon and you should probably hold for 2-3 hours, but at the same time you'll want to try more often so you don't miss the surge. Does that help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->