TTC for our 1st baby - again..

L

Lawes1987

Background is that I'm 28 and have had 3 miscarriages - Oct 2012, May 2013 and March 2014. The last pregnancy wasn't planned, I actually married my OH that month. I lost at 12 weeks, 10.5 weeks and 6 weeks.

Since then I have been back on the pill, having a break. I was hospitalised with my first two miscarriages and it put a lot of pressure on my relationship so we both decided to stop trying.

Well, we have now decided, after an 18 month wait, then we are ready to try again. So, I stopped taking my pill earlier this month and had my period 10th-14th September. I downloaded Ovia, the app to track my cycles. I didn't do this before, but it doesn't hurt to log the first day of my last period and stuff, just to see when I'm due to ovulate.

So anyway, been doing the very basic stuff on there, logging CF and how I feel. It said I was due to ovulate the week starting 22nd September. I weighed myself on 21st September and I was 224lbs, my standard weight for the last 18 months.

We DTD 3 times during my ovulation week, every other day and the last green ovulation day was yesterday.

I weighed myself this morning and.... 228.4lbs. I've gained 4.4lbs! My eating hasn't been any different, neither has my exercise. I've actually been busier then normal with chores etc.

Anyone else experienced this? That is the heaviest I've ever been and I'm certainly miffed about it. Any advice from your experiences would be really helpful! Am I bloated? Does ovulation cause water retention? Is it a good sign? Who knows, please help!

Could be a multitude of reasons. Water gain, sodium increase, body regulating hormones off of birth control, anything.

I was on Nexplanon gained a good bit of weight, but lost all but last 10 pounds simply using B6 and B12. Gyn cleared me using it TTC as long as I stopped at a positive. This could help if it continues to bother you. Never really heard it being a symptom, but it wouldn't be the strangest.

GL and baby dust to you

I"m so sorry to hear about your 3 miscarriages :hugs: Very happy to hear you're getting back into the swing of TTC again though! :happydance: I ovulated right around the same time, mine was on the 20th this month. I'm 9dpo. I haven't noticed much weight gain, although I have noticed a bit of bloating (I haven't been eating many salty things either). Scale numbers mess with my head and because of that I usually tend to stay away from scale lol

Keeping my FX for you and sending lots of baby dust your way!

Thank you both. So if I ovulated on 26th September, which was day 17 of my cycle, I would now be 4 dpo? Is that correct? does dpo mean days post ovulation? I don't understand a lot of the lingo! x

Yes, should be able to test in a few more days, fingers crossed for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->