TTC Lucky Conkers!-Our first Conker has been born!!

Well I tested to just be sure and it was bfn :( oh well use to that x

Ok, so I'm finally posting this on here! I know a lot of you are facebook friends so you already know, but we had our baby boy!! He was born at 35+3 weeks (Sept 7th) weighing 5lbs 8oz. I went into labour at 33+5 and went in to get checked as I thought they were just my painful braxton hicks picking up. I had to be ambulanced to the nearest city with a nicu which was 2 hours away. They gave me nifedipine to stop the contractions. I was 2-3cm when I got there and stayed that way. They continued to give me nifedipine 3 more times. They had to stop giving it because my blood pressure was too low at that point. After 3 1/2 days in the hospital, we were discharged but told that we could not leave the city because we may not make it to the hospital in time if we left. So I had to stay in a family room at the hospital and was basically on bedrest. I was only supposed to walk around to get food or use the washroom. I continued getting contractions the entire week about 20-30 min apart. They started coming every 10min for a couple hours on Friday and then again on Saturday. Sunday morning I woke up to extremely painful contractions. They started coming every 5 min at around 9am. I told DH we should head to l&d around 10am. They took an hour to get me checked and get the dr in. Then started to get me ready for my c-section and was told it would be another half hour. The only thing I had for pain at that point was the gas :wacko:. Around 15min later, my contractions got much worse and I told them they needed to check me. I was at that point 7cm and was told that we didn't have time for the c-section :saywhat:!!! I then just waited it out and we had baby at 12:48pm that day. It was the most intense pain ever and I got a second degree tear which required 4 stitches. I was glad that it worked out that way and the recovery has been amazing and much better than c-section recovery. Our little boy was born healthy and he did end up with jaundice and had to be put under the lights for a couple days, but he's doing great! He still has a blood test done every other day to make sure his bilirubin levels are dropping which they so far have been. Oh, and we named him Raunek. It means celebration! It was a bit of a surprise and we weren't completely prepared for him to come so early, but we couldn't be happier!!

ahh congrats hun glad baby is ok and weldone on the natural birth!! xxx

Congrats Hope!!!! So happy for you!!!! And great job on the labor! Hope you can post a pic or two soon. :)

:yipee: massive congratulations Hope, :cloud9: I'm glad he is here safe and well following such a scary time :hugs:
We can't wait to see pictures! Xxx

Ricschick I didn't know you'd called your little girl Joanie, what a cute name :cloud9: what date was she born? I will update the front page.
Anybody heard from squirrel or momwife? I know Jokerette has an announcement to come and make and buttercup is very almost there!

Hey mrsw...how are you doing? :wave: xxx

Hey princess :hi: I'm ok, still waiting for my bfp!! Can't believe it tbh, first 2 bfps both first month trying and now 10 long months and nothing! X

thanks hun she was born on the 31st july at 18.22 weighing 9lb 1 xx

Hi ladies!!! Bailey Ann was born on September 18!! It was a quick delivery and she came in just one push. We are SOOOO happy! Links to my journal and BFing journal are in my siggy

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=804289&d=1411231003

Pk- I saw the first post got a bit mixed up... Looks like maybe you are missing a ] or a [ symbol somewhere

Congratulations Jokerette! She is beautiful!

I think I somehow deleted a big chunk :dohh: I dont have reliable Internet ATM due to moving so will have to sort it soon :growlmad:

Hey ladies, I'm so sorry that I kind of bumped out of here. This pregnancy hasn't been easy: the weight gain, aches and pains, life, doctors, more life, work...

And our business kind of picked up. Performing acupuncture on people is really draining. I love what I do, but that is because you (as an acupuncturist) have to put so much of your heart and soul into each and every treatment, and that usually means feeling a bit drained at the end of the day. I've been so happy for that picking up, but it's been a challenge :haha:

Not only that, but I was having some really troubling symptoms. As I may have mentioned, I can never remember which places I've said what things, I haven't been able to sleep/lay on my back since like 16 weeks pregnant due to my low blood pressure. A month or so ago, I started having really big problems. I was getting the dizziness, shortness of breath, tunnel vision, etc. usually reserved for when I was on my back only this was happening in any position. Ended up at the cardiologist. It was nothing to do with my heart, thank God! Simply, for some reason, I was essentially over-producing adrenaline which was leading to hyperventilating. Since we found out what it was, my husband was (and is) giving me acupuncture treatments every 3-4 days, and the attacks have stopped 100%. It's been wonderful.

What?!?! That's not enough, you say? :haha::roll:

Our son started developing these issues around going to the bathroom. No matter what he was doing (eating, playing with friends, playing alone, in the car, etc.) he was peeing more and more frequently. It started out just close enough together that I thought he was trying to get out of whatever he was doing, but then, each day, they seemed to be getting closer and closer together. Until, and I'm not exaggerated a bit, he was peeing every 2-5 minutes. Of course, we were panicking. Another doctor trip later to find out he doesn't have diabetes (which we never thought, but thank goodness) or a bladder/kidney infection. That's all the doctor said, and we were left with zero answers. Essentially, I had to find out that he has children's overactive bladder (pollakiuria). The key is that they are still making it through the night (or their usual amount of time at night) between urinations, and he was. He would sleep all night. It was only during waking hours that he was affected by this. I found a solution that I thought we could try, since it was similar to how we potty-trained him. He legitimately felt like he urgently had to go. So we started out with a reward system. "Can you make it 15 minutes? If you can, we will give you _____" then the next day was 25 minutes. 35. Then 45. Then and hour and so on. It seems to be gone, but I have to say that this technique was helpful. He earned check marks for every success, and then a certain number of checks later would be a very small treat... enough to excite him/entice him, but not overload our very healthy eater with sugar that he's not used to. It worked! He's not needed the reward system. He's no longer going frequently, and he's back to his old self. I really drew away from everything because I was so worried about him. My poor three year old was missing so much of his life going to and from the bathroom... every 2-5 minutes?!??!

To top it off, he's going through a very sassy phase. One day, he'll be loving and wonderful and curious, and the next day, he's argumentative, combative, and obnoxious. <--- is that ok to say about your own child? I love him, but those days are especially draining. Where did my happy-go-lucky son go? :shrug:

Caution: TMI! Then my poor husband had a scary moment, as did I when he told me. He came out of the bathroom telling me that the toilet was filled with blood from his bowel movement. With his change in bowels, he was freaking out that it could be the worst case scenario, rightfully so. We ended up in the ER because it was such an intense amount of blood, and then we ended up with a colonoscopy appointment. He's fine. It's internal hemorrhoids, and there's no sign of cancer. He's the lowest risk factor anyway because of our high fiber diet (Taiwanese vegetarian= at least 3 different dishes just vegetables alone with each meal). So that worked out, but it was just one thing on top of the other. We never end up at the doctor, and here we were, all three of us needed to go see someone about something out of the norm.

Anyway. I'm back, and I'm so sorry. I've kept up with people's posts and baby's born, and I'm going back through to make sure I haven't missed anything major.

I really am so sorry for the sudden disappearance. Not to mention returning with nothing but complaints. :dohh:

AFM: I am doing great. Now that everything is settled and back to our routine, I'm doing quite well. Archer and mommy have been doing a lot of fun little art projects, and he seems to be excited and ready for baby brother, although not ready to share :haha:. I am having a ton of Braxton Hicks with any positional change, bladder filling/emptying, kick from baby in a weird place, etc. That's been exciting. Things are getting there.

We are 35 weeks 4 days, and the Birth Plan, is sitting on top of our empty hospital bag. I have to tell you that all the motivation for getting things done leaves me by noon :rofl: If it's not done before lunch, it's probably not getting done. I am making it my goal to pack tomorrow.

I've been still doing my yoga poses and stretches to help prepare for labor, drinking red raspberry leaf tea once-twice/day. Starting next week I will for sure be up to twice/day, and then at 37 weeks, I will be drinking 3 servings a day. It's the routine I did with Archer, and I'm hoping to see similar results!

We just had our baby shower, and all the new items are cleaned and put into their proper place. The crib's up, the glider/ottoman are in the room ready to sooth an infant to sleep.

I hope all is well!! Sorry for the long post. I can't express how much I've missed getting on here and catching up each day with the newest information. I hate that I've missed that!!! But I'm back, and I'll be much more active on here again, as things seemed to have slowed down (dare I say it) :hugs:

Wow tiger seems like you and the family have been through the mill lately but I'm really glad to hear things have settled down now and you can focus on the baby prep, only a month to go for you now :)
Afm I had baby Astrid on 22nd and she turned 1 week old today :) I ended up induced for post dates again but the experience couldn't have been more different to what I went through with my first which was fairly traumatic, much easier recovery this time too.

Congrats!! <3 Glad things went a different route this time for you. I'm hoping for the same!! FXed :haha:

I'm probably the only one with this history, but with our first, we kind of just "winged" it when it came to delivery/hospital packing, etc. I didn't even attend birthing classes. We were in grad school, and life was so hectic as it was. Finding a time for my husband and I to go to classes wasn't in our plan. However, that also meant that when we got there, everything was new.

This time, I am preparing/have prepared like a first-timer, and I'm loving it. I'm currently rereading the chapters on birth and birthing positions in my "Active Labor" book, which I'm still so grateful for because of the section on stretching to alleviate aches and pains during pregnancy/labor/delivery. I've also been putting together my hospital bag, another thing we didn't really do last time. I packed nothing but our camera, baby's first outfit, phone, etc., but that was it. I remember feeling gross because I didn't shower, I wore my prelabor stuff home which was falling off of me, and I just didn't have any entertainment for the slow times (although I still really enjoyed myself... not joking :haha:).

I guess what I'm saying is, for you first time moms, enjoy the little things. Pack your hospital bag! You will appreciate having it because I know that I didn't appreciate not having one. :haha::roll: I'm so Type A that I'm not sure how we managed to have such a pathetic one the first time around. I'm not over-packing, but I've definitely got everything to make it easier on hubby, me (cleanliness-wise, comfort-wise), and baby. I've even got some books for my son to "Read" to his baby brother. :)

I hope all is well!!

Looking forward to hearing of some new BFPs!!! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"