TTC Lucky Conkers!-Our first Conker has been born!!

Thanks for the reassurance! They have no idea why she came early. I was generally healthy and she was too. She was 6'6 so not a miniature for the age she came! And my dates were def right as that was the first they asked me Lol.

I guess after the consult they'll know if I have a short cervix or other issues. So hopefully that will shed some light. My sister came 6 weeks early and I came over a week late, so I have hope LOL.

Fleur, so glad everything is well with Jack! And I hope the lactulose helped!

Mrs W, I've got all my fingers crossed for you!

Swan, I had dd2 just shy of 36 weeks as well. I've been a bit paranoid that it'll happen again, but trying to stay positive. I've decided to assume I'll make it to c-section day. If something does happen, then we'll deal with it then. There's no point in freaking out beforehand (which I learned the hard way). I started getting horrible braxton hicks a few days ago and went to the dr to make sure everything was ok. Apparently, I just have really painful, uncomfortable braxton hicks this time and there's nothing I can do about it...yay. Anyways, stay positive and it'll all work itself out!

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Awww hope! I prob would have done the same! Haha. BH are no joke sometimes, they can feel like the real deal! LOL.

I honestly wasn't worried at ALL about any of this until they said I am now high-risk and need a specialty consult about my preterm labor and that I may need injections and additional ultrasounds and whatnot. It hadn't even dawned on me to be worrrd about a healthy 35 weeker until this whole thing erupted. Maybe I was naive. LOL. I actually think if I was delivering in a hospital they wouldn't be going through any of this - because my original OB was not concerned. :shrug:

Guess I will know on August 11!

Gosh I didn't realise there were 3 of us with preemies in this group.

Swan - sounds like they are being uber cautious. I bet they won't find any cervical weakness. And I'm sure you won't have another early one. Although as you say, anything after 34 weeks is pretty much fine and you are just in feeding/growing land rather than anything scary. Let us know how it all goes xxx

Belated congrats fleur on the birth of jack, love the pics you posted on fb he is just gorgeous! I'm on 3G at the moment so just doing a mini catch up on bnb, hoping to be in the new house with wifi again soon... Flooring goes down on Tuesday so after that we can move our furniture in which is exciting :D can't wait to get in and settled!

Thanks swan! Its nice to know that other people would have done the same in my situation. I'm surprised that the doctor is considering you high risk. I had a placental abruption and the chances of it happening again are increased, but my doctor doesn't seem concerned at all. I hope the consult goes well and you don't need any extra tests.

Thanks ladies! I'm trying to just remain positive and open-minded about it all! Easier said than done, but I honestly think if I had stayed with my OB, I would not have been considered high-risk at all. It's only because I'm not shooting for a hospital birth, I believe. Who knows. :rofl:

Hey ladies!

I'm sorry for being so quiet in here. I've been having severe round ligament pain for the last couple weeks, on and off, and this heat has been killing me. I check in and read all the news, but for some reason, I was feeling so reclusive and bleh with this weather... not wanting to comment per se.

Anyway. Updates on me:

I've been reading "Active Birth" by Janet Balaskas, and it is wonderful. I tried reading "The Bradley Method" and that didn't go well. I found it really condescending. I know that I want to go into this one more naturally, as with my son, labor came on so quickly and hard that I got all the juice! :haha: It's only fair when you start feeling labor pain at 9cm 5 minutes apart. I attribute not getting the build up of intensity to why I caved on the meds. But, the truth is that I wasn't prepared.

I was recommended The Bradley Method by a midwife at my doctor's clinic, and it was kind of awful. For those going 100% natural, at home or in a birthing center away from doctors, it would be great, but every other paragraph is insulting doctors and medical staff. It was a really abrasive read *to me*. Not to mention, I found it irritating how often the book was trying to sell me on itself. *I BOUGHT YOU! STOP SELLING YOURSELF!!!* :roll:

I was looking for stretches, exercises, positions, etc. that would benefit me and the baby during pregnancy, labor and delivery, and post partum. Active Labor is that book, if you are the same. There's no class they are trying to sell you on. As a matter of fact, you can simply accomplish your goals by going through the book. No need to find the expensive class it correlates with because there is none. Just pair it with your favorite class or no class. There's no miracle cure to the perfect labor. And the best part is that they aren't making you feel guilty for previously using meds or using them should you need, want, or require with your current pregnancy. They do offer information on each of the meds that come up in conversation, how they can affect you/baby, etc.. I appreciated that.

My favorite part was that there are over 50 pages on exercises/stretches/hatha yoga poses for pregnancy to prepare you, your mind, baby and body for delivery. I've been doing them every day since, and I have had ZERO flare ups of my SI Joint pain/sciatic pain. My round ligament pain comes and goes, but I strained it playing with my son, and ligaments take time to heal. It is better than before I was doing my stretches. I wrote out all the stretches and poses, and every night, I run through them in a peaceful, meditation-filled 30-45 minutes. It's taken my mind off the heat, even if briefly, and it lets me get out of my head. You can easily shorten the routine by picking the stretches you'd like to focus on and not spending time on the meditation aspect.

Anyway, I really have been wanting to share this for a while, but my mood was just so bleh. Sorry for the silence on my end.

I hope all is well!!!

I know we still have a few TTC, and I think this book is also great for that. They are safe to do while pregnant, therefore safe in the TWW. Also, they will help your mind, body, and spirit in what I believe is one of the most difficult portions in pregnancy... the trying. I find turning on some Native American flute music, (or something without a harsh melody) sitting for the meditation, and breathing are the most soothing. I hope this finds someone that is looking for this information. It was super beneficial to me!!!

:dust::flower:

Hey Tiger...sorry you've been suffering. I'm glad you are finding things to help.
Thank you for the recommendations-I love the sound of the meditation :hugs:

Xxx

Tiger I should so be doing stretches/meditation like you. I've started with the back aches and such pretty badly so I think it's a must for me.

You should definitely give it a try. I was walking around looking and feeling super pregnant. I thought "There's no way I can make it another three months." This has helped immensely!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Active-Birth...8&qid=1406591459&sr=8-1&keywords=active+birth

This is a link to the book I'm reading. I haven't quite finished it, but I'm really in love. I also love that it speaks to all audiences. As a health care practitioner, I don't feel bored or belittled, and it covers everything so you never feel lost or confused. Some of the stretches took me a bit to figure out their wording, but my goodness... totally worth it!

I ordered site-to-store from Walmart because it was the same price as Amazon, but site-to-store equals free shipping. You just pick it up at your nearest Walmart.

My SI joint has basically not bothered me since starting this, AND I'm noticing that my walking is less pregnant-waddle and more walk. My back hasn't hurt (unless I over-do it, in which case, the stretches at night usually correct it), and my flexibility has already increased, especially my hamstrings.

:thumbup:

Also, just got the call back from my doctor's office. My blood glucose was 80!!!! Yay!!! Passed!

With my son, I was 101. I remember thinking "isn't that over the line" but today, the nurse told me it's in the 120s and below that they are looking for. I was thrilled, since I've been kind of scared for this.

I've learned that I'm just the type of person who is going to gain a crap-ton of weight during pregnancy. I'm monitoring every calorie that goes into my body and still gaining too much. I can't lower the cals because then I will not be getting enough. My doctor isn't concerned, and so I guess I just get the fun of losing this all again after :shrug:. I'm thrilled just knowing it isn't gestational diabetes!!!!! <3

Aw I hope you're feeling better! RLP is awful. :(

Thanks for the book suggestion! My midwife gave me a list of like, 50 suggested reads (LOL wut) and said to choose a couple. When you posted on FB the other day, I had screenshotted it to check and see -- it's on the list, meaning I can borrow it from them since their suggested books are in the midwife library. Woo! I'll probably just buy it since my memory sucks and I may not remember to ask them for it... ahem. But it's been circled as part of my "must read" since with my first pregnancy I made the mistake of reading "What to Expect..." and it was terrifying. I also have the Bradley Method book my sister lent to me (and the partner version for hubby) and have heard mixed reviews on it, but am going in with an open mind. Also have a few others circled that I want to check out, but can't remember titles atm.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear a positive review on one of the suggested reads since the list itself overwhelmed me, and am looking forward to reading it!

Glad you're feeling well, Tiger!! I haven't been doing any stretching, but I probably should because I have spd pain. Its not excruciating, but it is painful and super uncomfortable!

Maybe this book would help you too! It tells you what each stretch is good for. They even tell you when you should avoid it. There are a few I can't do already because of my blood pressure. It's so low that I can no longer lay on my back without passing out completely :haha: So that's fun. That means none of the back-position poses/stretches, but I get a good go out of the rest of them :)

I hope you feel better too, hope. Pain is pain and it stinks!

Swan: The Bradley Method is a good read. Especially since you are working with your midwife, so the book might not be as far-fetched or negative-sounding as it was to me. Also, if you plan on taking a Bradley class, it will be of even more help. I am not planning on taking a class because it is out of my budget, and many of the tips were... "and when you take our class..." which kept me in want of information-- like a time-share pitch from a salesman. Like I said, definitely give the book a try. Be prepared for no middle ground. It is a fully-natural book. If you go into it reminding yourself of that, it will make it much easier. It was extremely informative. Extremely detailed and knowledgeable.

:)

I hope it works out!!! <3

Thanks Tiger! I'll look into it. I'll have to check to see if they possibly have any pregnancy books at the library. I'd rather not have to buy it, but I will if I have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->