TTC my Rainbow Baby! Looking for buddies who log in often!

How does the IUI work? How exciting to be moving forward!

It is exciting! And scary. They'll have me come in on day 3 for ultrasound and bloodwork and I will start the Gonal-F injections that evening, continuing for 8-12 days with ultrasound and blood monitoring every couple days. Once the follicles are big enough, they will tell me when to do the trigger shot (to induce ovulation) and the IUI will be done about 36 hours later.

Wow that's pretty crazy! Does it have a pretty high success rate?

It has about a 20% success rate...which is a bit underwhelming but still gives us a better chance than trying naturally. It took us 7 months to conceive the first time and now it's been 6 months since my loss. We're older (38 and 39) so we can't afford to wait around for Mother Nature to work her magic!

Well hopefully it does the trick for you! At least you are trying something different :)

That's how our IUI was done wishing! How many are you guys going to do before IVF if this one is not successful?
Our clinic suggested 4, but that is because the first two I had a different drug regime and only got one follicle and hubs numbers were stupid low. So we mixed some stuff up and did another two. Then did another two ... we are crazy.

I hope this is the one for you guys!

Darling, go get some cheap tests! When are you planning on testing?

I am waiting for af right now, although we did try naturally I have no idea when I ovulated so not very likely at all. Hoping she comes in the next few days so we can start this FET!!

Where is everyone else in their cycle?

I hate not knowing when AF is going to show! I'm sure you're super ready to get this next FET started. How soon after AF do you start the process?

Day three is baseline and then estrogen will be started for ten days. Another ultrasound and bloodwork done and hopefully progesterone will start. Five days after i start progesterone is the FET!!! Ahhhh
Last time the FET was on cd20.

That's so exciting myshel! When do you think AF will show?

The plan is to do 2 IUIs in March and May, take the summer off and then maybe one more in the fall. We have been on the waiting list for funded IVF since October, and it's about a 12-14 month wait so expecting our names to come up around Nov-Dec. Gah I really hope I'm pregnant again before my birthday in November! Or else my birthday present will be intracytoplasmic sperm injection :dohh:

Haha very awkward! How do you wrap that?

I had BFNs yesterday and today...I'm CD28, around 14 dpo. I'm on witch watch...she should be here any time now.

Mysh any sign of AF? I'm excited for you for your FET!

Ask the doctor doing it to wear a bow hahaha

I am sitting around waiting for af. Should be here any day, boobs are feeling like they are ready for af so just a waiting game. Which I hate but feeling positive. Last FET was so stressful needing to be pregnant by Blues due date of January 31, so this time I am just hoping it works. It isn't a timeline need.

Myshel glad to hear you're feeling less stressed this time :hugs:

Hi girls! Wish and myshel hopefully AF doesn't show for you and you get your BFPs!

I'm on CD22- had my blood draw today for progesterone (I guess one day doesn't do a difference with results?) and just waiting for results.

I think I'm somewhere around 8-10dpo (I had 4 days of cramping for O so it's hard to pinpoint where it happened) I should just assume the middle and say 9dpo haha but I'm surprisingly very excited about this cycle. Only cycle this TTC session where I've been optimistic! I have a good feeling about it, but I also know that if it DOESN'T go it's going to crush me, so I'm TRYING to reel myself in. But, anyways my breasts are very firm since yesterday and I'm pretty excited because that's always been my pregnancy sign, but we'll see! I don't even know when to test because I don't have my DPO nailed down, and I'm afraid to test way too soon because I just don't want to see a negative! when would you ladies suggest?

Darling, my fingers are crossed for you! Hope the progesterone result comes back nice and high! I really hate BFNs so I rarely test before 13 dpo. Can you hold out till the weekend?

Myshel, I can relate to the stressful feeling of needing to be pregnant before your due date. This upcoming cycle is my last chance to get pregnant before my due date (April 3).

I started spotting so should have full flow overnight or by tomorrow. Calling in to report my day 1 tomorrow...eek!

that's a good plan. waiting until Sunday! that'd put me at 12-14 dpo, so that'd be a good starting point haha and oh I understand the due date stress too, that's why it shocked me how calm and excited I am this cycle because my due date was April 7th and that's coming up pretty soon... are you going to do anything on that day?

Wish April 3 is my birthday :hugs:

Darling Id assume your an earlier DPO for testing purposes. Keeping my fx for you!

CD25 I caved and tested today. Bfn. but according to my app it says I'm only 10dpo today, so I'm still holding out hope because my breasts are huge and firm, and SORE, and my bbt is still elevated but I just hated seeing that negative because it's put a little damper on my happy positive mood. Also doesn't help that my dr. office didn't have my test results on friday, so now I have to wait a whole weekend to hear what my progesterone levels were. I HATE WAITNG FOR EVERYTHING hahaha

TTC is very much centered on waiting and more waiting isn't it? Sorry for a bfn but you're not out yet!

Thanks :) now I'm trying to decide on testing tomorrow or waiting a few days....decisions lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->