TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

I'm glad the measurements were more reassuring this time Scarlett! I hope baby decides to turn on his/her own soon.

I'm so sorry about the work stress, but I absolutely understand. I'm glad you were able to take some time to try to regain some calm and get some rest. My work situation is terrible right now. It's always been a stressful job, but major problems were discovered in December and it has made every day since then the most stressful of my entire career. I'm trying to just leave all the stress at the office at the end of the day and remind myself that this job isn't the most important thing (except the paycheck kind of is one of the more important things, lol). I've even found myself wishing to be put on bedrest soon so I can have an escape. Of course I don't really want that because I want everything to go smoothly and my baby to be healthy, but I think that's a sad situation for me to want bedrest over my job. I wish we had paid maternity leave laws in the US because I would definitely be looking to change jobs immediately. Unfortunately, changing jobs at this point would mean losing my short term disability maternity leave options, so that's impossible. I must stick it out and find a way to survive through July. Sorry for my rant, I'm losing my mind over work these days and needed to get it out!

I bought some maternity knickers that were on sale at Motherhood maternity so that I could try them out without spending much. They are the fold over kind so you can wear them low or pull them up over your bump later. They're a bit too big for now, but I tried them on and I'm in heaven! I can't wait to wear them! I may never go back.

Dandi be warned ... Afterwards it is hard to go back lol......
Had appointment today. Baby head down ( good girl) she should stay that way now . All looking good bp normal , amniotic fluid good , urine good :) little miss is all squished over on the right hand of my belly arms and legs ! No wonder I can't lean on that side !!! Getting excited to meet her now :)

Dandi be warned ... Afterwards it is hard to go back lol......
Had appointment today. Baby head down ( good girl) she should stay that way now . All looking good bp normal , amniotic fluid good , urine good :) little miss is all squished over on the right hand of my belly arms and legs ! No wonder I can't lean on that side !!! Getting excited to meet her now :)

That's great! Fingers crossed she plays ball and gives you a nice straightforward labour!

Scarlett, glad things are going well with your LO!

Dandi, sorry about the work stress, but it sounds like you are doing the best you can and are taking care of yourself and your LO! And yeah knickers!

Kiley, not that I have been preggo enough yet to get pregnancy knickers (but I fully expect to soon), but I am totally filing your tidbit away because I cannot stand 'full butt' panties either :haha:

Left, so exciting that she is getting ready. Eek!

Hi sugar and everyone else.

Tick tock....waiting for some great new members to join the thread. Seems like quite a few good possibilities in the next couple of months!

Hi everyone.

Dandi - I meant to write the other day and say thank you for your comments about work and stress, I'm not sure everyone understands. (I haven't even told my mother that I've been off this week, she's about as sympathetic as a robot.)

Left - how are things?

So I've got an interesting weekend coming up. It's my birthday on Sunday. DH is a great husband and father, but he is really disorganised and never plans or organises anything. (So no real hopes for any meal out or present) plus I have to go back to work on Monday, which I'm absolutely dreading. All in all it's going to be pretty crappy. Oh and I'm really emotional anyway so I just want to cry. Rant over!

Happy birthday! I sorry things have been so tough for you. I had the last week before Christmas off because I was so stressed with the whole TTC thing. It's hard for other people to understand stress and depression. It's a very individual thing. I couldn't do anything without bursting into tears. Most staff were understanding but my SLMT link person was not.
I hope you have a nice day on Sunday xxx

Happy birthday! I sorry things have been so tough for you. I had the last week before Christmas off because I was so stressed with the whole TTC thing. It's hard for other people to understand stress and depression. It's a very individual thing. I couldn't do anything without bursting into tears. Most staff were understanding but my SLMT link person was not.
I hope you have a nice day on Sunday xxx

Thanks Ellie. I could get signed off for another week but I think it will just make it even harder to go back. I know you get the whole teacher/stress thing. Glad your appointment went well BTW! X

Just a quick update. How are things with everyone? I had a nice birthday only overshadowed by having to return to work on Monday. I lasted 5 hours then had to leave. I feel so stressed, my proctitis (IBD) is back, I was confronted with a horrible situation only an hour after I walked back into the building and couldn't cope. I have a drs appointment at 10am so keep fingers crossed. I know I just need to try to focus on the baby and not worry about work but it's so difficult. Sorry to be so negative.

aw Scarlett - I'm glad you had a good bday (happy bday, by the way!) but that really sucks about work. I wish there was a way for you to just take off the rest of the time until baby comes and get a new job afterwards. I hope the skies clear for you soon - some things just are not as important as people make them out to be, which is the stress of it all.
Like I work at a software company and we have this HUGE deadline at the end of Feb for a client to go live - people are acting like it's life or death. It's stressful and we need to do our job, yes, but it's not worth yelling at each other and burning bridges. We're not curing cancer, people!!

Happy belated birthday Scarlett! Sorry you had such a crappy day at work, and I hope you feel better soon. As wish said hopefully clearer skies ahead.

My NT scan went great today! I was so relieved to see the heart still beating and the baby moving like crazy. At one point he/she did a full on tantrum flail, kicking legs out and throwing its head back. It was the most amazing thing. My nt measurement was normal, so that's a good sign, but I won't have the dna test results back for 10 days. The nurse practitioner seemed optimistic though, so I'm going to be positive as well. I feel such relief that this baby may actually be coming for real, lol! I got pictures of the baby waving and sticking its tongue out. By far the best day yet of this pregnancy!

Great news Dandi! Can we see the pics? xxx

I tried to do it as a spoiler, but it wouldn't work. I've attached them as images, lets see if they show up.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    FullSizeRender(1).jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 10
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 8
IN-CREDIBLE, Dandi!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
I love the one with the tongue sticking out - little stinker!!

So amazing! I'm sure you only just got your bfp... How is it a proper baby already?!?!?! Great stuff xx

That's exactly how I feel! I still can't believe this is happening and there's a thing inside me with a hand and a tongue, lol. I think it helped to get my bfp right before the holidays began, so most of the first trimester just zoomed right by. 13 weeks tomorrow! One more week until 2nd tri! I know there is still so much that could go wrong, but today is a great day!

Dani :) how amazing :) so happy for you . This is your take home baby :) start believing it girl .... Its real lol...... One week to the exiting tri ... Energy come back , start to get a noticeable bump and best of all feeling baby squirm and make their presence known :)

Delighted for you xxxxxx

Dandi!!!!! That is such wonderful news, and I can only imagine how amazing this must be for you. I can even feel your excitement in reading your post. I love the baby was so active. Long trying road, but I agree with Left that this IS your take home baby. So I think you said but....you are finding out the sex right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->