TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

Hi ladies, I think I've posted on here before but pregnancy brain is stopping me from remembering. Glad to hear you are all doing well.

Wow Dandi It's good to hear your doing well.

Scarlett2 we don't know each other but we'll have plenty of time to make acquaintance between now and in the stage 3 buddies thread. You and Left have to fill us in in what you're doing to prepare in 3rd tri.

I'll post more later. My thumb's getting tired!

Its good to hear about how our ladies are doing.

I will be checking on here to see your progress. It gives us hope reading how you are all doing. Makes me feel that i will see be doing the same.

All the best with everything.

<3 <3 <3

love that this is picking up again!! dandi - thank you for posting all of your details. I can't really believe it's already been 11 weeks!! I feel like we just celebrated your BFP!

Ok decided to do daily post here :) the exciting news is I got a new car today. Not brand new but new to me .) very happy with it :) bump is getting big but was told today by waitress in the coffee shop I'm very neat ! I don't think so ..... Have piled on the pounds ... I don't care though , ill deals it after baby gets here .

Thinking of names still .. Oh likes Kate now ... I'm still not sure .... Its in the running but mmm we will see . Baby is moving alot . Movments have changed in nature from kicks to sweeping movments . Definetly feeling like an alien in there !!! I love it but making me feel at little nauceous at times !! Only 8 weeks to go for me . Have to think about getting hospital bag sorted , baby clothes sorted and take down pram , car seat ect ..... Also have to clear out and paint the spare room .... Soo much to do ....... Weekends will be busy :)

In general feeling well thank god and still sleeping well . I so hope I don't get pregnancy insomnia this time ... It was awful .

love it, left! I think this is the most descriptive update you've given the whole time! ;) I know you've just been holding your breath for most of it, but she's almost here!! YIPPEE!!
I love the name Kate for a little Irish lass. :)

So exciting to see all the updates on this thread!

Scarlett, good luck with the scan.

Sugar, cannot believe you are so far along already, but I am sure for you it seems like it has taken forever.

Dandi, happy belated 11 weeks! Sorry about the fibroid as I am sure that you are concerned, but hang in there as it seems like the baby is growing just fine. I am sure the chromosomal test will be perfect...remember the odds are if your favor. Scary as hell I know, and I will be a wreck when my time comes for that test.

Left, omg, only 8 weeks! I love the update! So excited to hear about all the movements. Keep the check ins coming!

Here is to one hell of a 2016 to everyone those already very well preggo and to those of us on our way!

Can I ask opinions here on maternity underwear? Not that I'm in need yet, but I'm trying to think positively. I've heard some people say that you really don't need them and they're a waste and I've heard others say they are the best things ever and totally worth it for the comfort. Yay or nay?

Can I ask opinions here on maternity underwear? Not that I'm in need yet, but I'm trying to think positively. I've heard some people say that you really don't need them and they're a waste and I've heard others say they are the best things ever and totally worth it for the comfort. Yay or nay?

By underwear do you mean bra? Knickers? Tights?

I was still wearing underwired bras until yesterday because I am a 32GG on a normal day.. Wearing a non-underwired bra is a nightmare. Yesterday I finally relented and bought some nursing bras and have started wearing them. I have also started wearing maternity tights to work because I personally find normal tights REALLY uncomfortable...

I was referring to "knickers", but that info on the bras is very helpful too! I hadn't even though about having to transition to no underwire.

I was referring to "knickers", but that info on the bras is very helpful too! I hadn't even though about having to transition to no underwire.

Ha ha! What do you call "knickers" in the USA? I have kept going with my normal ones, although they are not very comfortable. Apparently you are supposed to stop the underwire to aid milk production...

I invested in some " cheap comfy granny knickers two sizes bigger which covered most of my bump !! Couldn't stand the feeling of the others around the end of my bump . Not very sexy AT ALL but I don't care ... Comfort is EVERYHTING right now

I still wear some underwire bras the worn comfy ones but have some non underwire ones too . Maternity tights are a Must '

this is the funniest helpful conversation I've read in a long time! :haha:

Lol! I mean if you can't ask the "real", basic questions here, where can you, right?!

Victoria's Secret Lacie Thongs all the way! I got one size up from my normal. I hate undies cutting in and creating bumps! They are very stretchy and comfy and they still make you feel pretty!! Don't waste your money on maternity "knickers"! ;)

Seriously! Just get them big enough so they just lay on top of your skin without cutting in. They go right under the belly and don't cut in there either. But, I'm used to thongs pre pregnancy so if you never wear thongs they may not be for you. I hate "full butt" underwear.

I wear thongs from time to time too but can't imagine in pregnancy ...

oh definitely, dandi! this is exactly the only place I'd want to ask these questions!

I bought three packs of maternity underwear and never looked back. They are the best thing ever. Honestly, I am more of a hiphugger/boy short girl anyway, so it wasn't that much of a stretch. I bought pretty colours and patterns. I think they looked sexy on with the preggo belly!

I've also now bought granny pants! I have no idea how you are managing in thongs - I am so in awe!

In other news I had a scan today and the head measured absolutely fine, they have no idea why it seemed so much smaller than the rest of the baby last time. However, baby was huge! 4lb already! The consultant did say that it was usual for the scan measurements to be a bit inaccurate with a breech baby as they are more tricky to scan accurately due to the position??!? Not sure whether she was just trying to make me feel better. Oh - and the baby is breech. They will scan me in a few weeks if it doesn't turn.

Oh and I ended up signed off work for a week with antenatal depression. To be honest I really think it is actually to do with work stress rather than pregnancy though, although pregnancy might be making me feel a bit more emotional. I managed to get a lot of sleep yesterday which is making me feel a bit better.

How is everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"