TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

Dandi - lovely cute scan pics! So glad all is well.

Left - hope your 'bladder issues' have improved. I get a couple of serious whacks each day in the bladder which feel soooooo weird.

Hi Ladies, popping in from the Phase 3 thread!

Congrats to you Dandi! and hi to all the other pregnant ladies:wave:

On the subject of comfy knickers.............
I got some short style ones in a size bigger than usual which had a comfy lace band across the front about 3 inches high which always sat nice and soft below my bump (from Matalan, UK girls). I never wore tights as I prefer leggings with dresses and the maternity ones were brilliant, so comfy yet supportive.

Not long now for you Left and Scarlett! exciting times!!

Afm - Joe is 28 weeks already and really enjoying his food at the moment, so much so he gained 1 lb 10 oz in 4 weeks!

Dandi i am glad your scan went well. Great scan pictures. I cant believe you are already 13 weeks! Time flies.

Left, hope your bladder has recovered!

Hi to everyone else out there!

Updating over here to answer a question from Wish. How do I feel going into the second trimester? Fat. Fat and disgusting. I'm not complaining, just keeping it 100% real here. I haven't gained any weight, but things have shifted I guess and the bloat is serious, so I just feel like I've gained 50 lbs and that everyone is staring at me. I'm hoping this is just a phase and I won't feel so gross once I get a proper baby bump going.

Two more days until 2nd trimester and I can't believe it. It seems to have gone by so fast. I should get my genetic screening results back on Friday, my birthday! I'm really hoping for some birthday luck that all is just fine. I'm dying to find out the gender Friday too. I keep going back and forth. All old wives tales and silly gender predictor methods point to boy, but I just have a feeling its a girl for some reason (maybe bc my mom's family is 5 generations of all girls). Perfectly ecstatic about either, but dying to know!

Hahaha thank you for answering so honestly! I've heard that's the case right around the time folks start announcing. Speaking of - who have you told so far? Do you know how you'll announce to others?
I'll say happy birthday later ;)

We've told our immediate families, a few best friends, and I've told some aunts and cousins that I'm very close with, and both of our bosses. My mom spilled the beans to another aunt who I didn't want to tell yet and that aunt called to tell another aunt. Luckily, it was a close aunt that I had already told, but there's no telling who else she has told now. My mom just couldn't contain herself because my aunt was bragging about my little 20-something, unmarried, still living at home cousin being due two weeks after me (she's already to announced to the public via Facebook of course). We are thinking of making it public knowledge around 16 weeks. I may just do a social media announcement with some chalkboard art and the little pair of red sneakers I impulsively bought during my first pregnancy last year. I don't think I'll really announce at work, I'll just let ppl realize when it's obvious.

I'm assuming your at you're appt picking up Ace right now! Sending luck and hugs your way!

Dani its so great to see you start to get excited and enjoy your pregnancy :) this tri is the tri with all the fun stuff ;) the bump arrives .... Feeling movments ..... Finding out the gender :) SHOPPING !!!

I am feeling seriously like a whale now !!! No joke ..... I'm like a baby elephant turning over in the bed and hauling myself in and out of chairs ... Very attractive really !!!!! My body also must be gearing up .. Boobs start leaking earlier !! Eeek ...... She better not come early I've NOTHING prepared yet and oh would be useless at going out shopping and packing . I'm off out Wednesday to buy stuff for hospital bag and some babygrows and vests . At least ill have stuff he can grab and put in a bag lol.....

Left, I hope that sweet girl doesn't come before you're ready! Have you decided on a name yet?

I got my genetic results back and all looks good. One test shows the chance of Downs Syndrome at 1:275 and my age bracket norm is 1:110. They normally recommend the next level of blood tests for anything under 1:280, but I already had that one done at the same time and it came back as normal, so that's great! And I found out the gender!

We're having a baby BOY!!! I've always wanted a boy since I was little and my family will be so happy since this will be the first grandson. I haven't told DH yet bc I want to tell him in person, but he'll be thrilled. Everyone is going to be so shocked though because everyone has been thinking its going to be a girl. The gender reveal is going to be so much fun now!

Omg Dandi a little boy!!!! Congratulations and you must be getting so excited. Cannot wait for you to tell DH!

Left, I hope she does not come too soon, and sorry you are feeling uncomfortable.

Such great news Dandi! I'm so relieved that all is well with your little boy :)

Mdc, your chart is looking particularly lovely today... A little triphasia, perhaps!!!??!

eeeee!!! so much fun happening!!!

a boy!! how are you going to tell DH??
blue cupcake? blueberry beer? blue lipstick and a huge smackaroo when he gets home?? :haha:
congrats on the test results as well - what a relief! YAY!!

mdc - loving your temps as well! keep climbing!!!

Yes Mdc, temps are giving me goosebumps. I hope they stay up up up!

I made him a card that says Dear Daddy / I'M A BOY!!!

Awh Dani so happy for you :) little boys are so much fun :) and brilliant news from results another thing not to have to worry about :) what a cute way to tell OH can't wait to hear about his reaction

Mdc your so sweet ... Whilst I do feel like a whale I'm so so happy, grateful and blessed to feel this way . Ill never take it for granted ! I know oly too well that there are so many out there patiently awaiting their turn to feel like whales and elephants too ;) !!! So its all good :)

3 more weeks in work before mat leave then off till December !!!!!! So much to do work wise I'm not even thinking about being able to enjoy being off !!! I need to get my head down and some late night working soon !!!

Hello!

Yay Dandi! I can honestly say that boys are brilliant. My boys are cuddly, affectionate mummy's boys. They tell me they love me all the time and are now really protective over me whilst I'm pregnant. You are going to love it! Whoop whoop! Xxx

Left - if it's any consolation I also feel like a whale. A huge beached whale. I had a lovely massage today with my best friend and the masseur had to help me off of the massage table because I was struggling to get up.... :wacko:

Dandi congratulations on good scan results and having a little boy! So happy for you. Boys are always close to their mothers. I see that with my brothers a lot.

Dandi, that is the cutest idea!

Yes, temps are still good and pretty flat like my last BFP cycle...just saying. :haha: Although similar to March so who knows, but I will take it for now. BFP train...all aboard!

He loved it! He was actually surprised, which kind of surprised me. Right after I told him we had to go to a check up and got to hear the heartbeat again, so it was a great day. =)

Now we are throwing caution to the wind and trying to pick a name already. Some may think it's too soon, but I've been obsessed with baby names since I was in the 5th grade, so this is my moment, lol. We are trying to keep the gender a secret for a few more weeks so we can have a gender reveal party after we make the pregnancy public knowledge to everyone in a couple more weeks. I feel like 16 weeks is a good time, it sounds lucky to me. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->