TTC over 38 phase 2 " THE BUMP BUDDIES "

Thanks wish! 16 weeks would be much better! Babies lack the ability to self soothe until the age of 4 months. For that reason I'm going to feel awful dropping her off at daycare! :( Hopefully they can give her lots of attention!

oh I'm sure her bum won't hit the ground all day from everyone wanting to snuggle her!!

Kiley, she is just beautiful. Sorry about the reflux my sis's daughter had the same thing and it is so hard. She had little tummy time too, but once she grew up a little the reflux disminshed quite a bit. Really I cannot believe she is 8 weeks and wahhhhh....work already. I agree it will be tough but she will just get extra snuggles when you pick her up.

Thanks Mdc! And yes. Reflux babies are tough. I am sometimes jealous of the moms who can just put their baby down right awa after eating. And not worrying about them spitting up when ever they do a diaper change. (I even put a wedge under her changing pad). But, this just means I get more cuddle time with her and an excuse as to why house work doesn't get done! I've been checking occasionally to see if you have gotten your bfp yet! Good luck on your IUI!

And thanks Sugar! They are leg warmers :) She has a million of them along with baby headbands. :) How are you feeling?

Oh I love leg warmers. I see them on cloth diaper sites and they're on my wish list. I'm feeling pretty good. The RL pain has calmed down a lot. I've gotten over my first ever UTI and morning sickness only shows up when my tummy is too empty.

I'm going to add a wedge to my registry. It seems like a useful piece of gear for little ones. If my little one is anything like me and my mom he/she will probably have reflux too. It seems to run in our family.

Glad the RL pain has calmed down for you. And I was the same way, nauseous when my stomach got too empty. Sorry about the UTI!! I never got those, but I did get yeast infections.

And yes, be prepared for reflux! I guess it's more common than you would think. I have wedges every where. Changing pad, play mat in the living room. In her crib. Although she is not sleeping in her crib yet. She sleeps in the Rock N Play sleeper next to our bed. Definitely register for one of those! It is slightly inclined so it's perfect for reflux babies. I got the automatic one that rocks by itself. Definitely a lifesaver. And for bouncers, I recommend the Babybjorn bouncer. You can adjust it to sit baby up so she is more upright. Great for after she eats. She hated her other bouncer because it laid back too far. And for wedges, I got a crib size one, and two smaller ones made by Boppy. It is actually marketed as a pregnancy wedge that I bought, but thought it was uncomfortable and never used it. Then her doc told me to keep her at an incline and I remembered I had that. Ireland loves it! And it's perfect size for under the changing pad and on the activity play mat. Also register for Halo Swaddle Sacks. Another lifesaver! I can't swaddle with a regular blanket to save my life!

I've heard those Rock 'n' Plays are God's gift to moms. Babies prefer them so much over anything else to sleep in.

keep the info coming, Kiley! learning so much that can hopefully be applied (well, not that I wish reflux on my baby!)

a good friend of mine's first daughter had reflux and she said her cry was just so awful b/c of the pain she was in. :cry: you have to feel so helpless, so I'm sure getting that Zantac for her was such a relief for you both.

Seriously, I'm jotting down notes on these baby gear suggestions! Such good info!

Reflux babies are so pitiful! You can just see how uncomfortable they are in their little faces. I'm so glad Ireland is doing better with the meds.

I saw the pregnancy wedge at BuyBuy Baby. It does look like a nice portable size.

Merry merry Christmas everyone! Have a lovely day with friends and family. Xx

Merry Xmas everyone. Hope you are all well xx

I know there's not much going on over here these days (I expect a massive new wave of bump buddies soon!), but I'm jumping in with my first post so I can keep my girls from phase 1 updated!

I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and it still feels unreal to me that I'm pregnant. A run down of what's happened so far... At 9 weeks, I had an ultrasound check up with my RE and everything looked good. The baby had grown sufficiently and the heartbeat went from 121 at 7 weeks to 168 at 9 weeks. I was released to my referring OB. The only problem was that my referring gyno (a relatively new one locally that I just started seeing a few months before the RE became by main squeeze) doesn't see OB patients. Her practice wanted me to see a new doctor I'd never met, who just passed her boards last year. Not that she wouldn't be perfectly well qualified, but I wasn't on board with that.

So through a lovely turn of events, I'm back with my doctor of over a decade back in my home town. It's an hour+ drive each way, but it's totally worth it. He's done all of my surgeries in the past and I have full confidence in him. At my first check up with him at 10 weeks, he said that my uterus is measuring larger than it should be. Unfortunately, that means I have another fibroid. Ugh! I knew it was a possibility, especially with all of the fertility meds. At my ultrasound right before my IUI, the RE said she thought she saw something and had I not gotten pregnant I was going to have to have a saline test to see what it was. I guess it really was something. Nothing to do now but watch it and see if it grows so large as to interfere with baby's growth. He said removing it during pregnancy would most certainly lead to me losing the baby and most likely losing my uterus, so now we just wait. Other than that, things are looking good though!

I had nausea from about week 6-9, with just a few days of it being really bad, but that's settled down. Heartburn is a constant. I'm no longer a stranger to food aversions or food cravings, but they haven't been terrible. I'm tired all the time. I have serious shortness of breathe, but my doctor said it's normal with the progesterone. I'm still on a supplement for a few more days and the shortness of breathe started right about the time that my body would have started making it on it's own, so I'm hoping that gets better once I stop the supplements. I've had no spotting, so I'm very relieved of that and hope that it's a great sign. I have had some cramping, but nothing consistent and never painful. I'm hoping it's just stretching cramps. I have a general feeling of "blah', but overall, I can't really complain. It's not as bad as I expected in some ways and it's just not at all what I expected in others.

Next up is the screening for chromosomal abnormalities. My appt is in two weeks and I'm terrified. Not so much about the results, but I have a fear that when they do the NT ultrasound, there won't be a heartbeat anymore. Of course, there is some worry associated with the results, but DH and I have talked and have a pretty clear agreement of the fine line between what we feel we could handle and what we wouldn't want to subject a child to. It's become very clear to me recently that the worrying truly never stops, there's always another hurdle. We're just taking it one day at a time and that seems to be working. And honestly, I think it helps that I don't really think about being pregnant. Not in a bad way, I think about it every day obviously, but I'm not obsessing about it. And that's helping me not obsess about all that could still go wrong. If I can just make it through the next few weeks, I think I'll finally exhale and be able to start planning things and getting excited. In the meantime, I'm going to be searching for a black market ultrasound machine that I use at home every few days for reassurance. (kidding, a little!)

Hello! I'm here (pretty much on my own) and it's lovely to have some company. Huge congrats and I will have everything crossed for you over the next few weeks that everything goes well. Good luck with your screening too. I totally agree that the worrying never stops. Here I am at 29 weeks worrying about my growth scan next Tuesday that they will find something wrong! I'm glad you're not feeling too sick and that your doctor situation is sorted. It's nice to be back with your old doctor. I've got a great midwife and I'm so relieved. When the time comes will you find out the sex do you think?

Absolutely! I'm a planner and don't like surprises. I'm not sure if we're going to tell everyone else though. Did you find out or are you being surprised?

Hi I thought I was on my own too !!! Lol hi dani lovely to see you here :) your so right the worrying never stops just changes ..... Even when they get here . I think worrying is your first REAL job as a mum ;)

I don't think I really drew breath until after my anatomy scan with both pregnancies and even after that it all became about worrying about too little or too much movment ! Never ends .....at the moment this LO feels jammed under my ribs and feel Sile she gonna kick through my belly any second now !!!

Iwill promise to post more regularly here :)

No we haven't found out! Blissful ignorance. I know I will love it regardless when it comes out, but we would like a girl. (DH especially wants a girl). This is definitely our last so I wanted a surprise. That sounds weird doesn't it? My baby is currently transverse - gah. It needs to move.

Left - how far along are you now?

It's great to read your progress Dandi! 11 weeks already! xxx

I'm 30 weeks today, baby was head down two weeks ago but god only knows now . She does some moving in there !!! Feels like all of her is right in my ribs !!!!!! And yes She is a little pink !

I'm 30 weeks today, baby was head down two weeks ago but god only knows now . She does some moving in there !!! Feels like all of her is right in my ribs !!!!!! And yes She is a little pink !

There's only 6 days between us. How did I not realise that?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->